//
The Amazing Race-Repost

The Amazing Race-Repost

Posted March 5th, 2013 by WRD24

WRD24's picture
by Will
in Victoria

Hello! This was my first KidPub story, I decided to repost it and I hope you like it. Please comment, I really want to know what I can do better. 12 made up teams will race around the world for one million dollars. The first episode is just a meet the teams episode. Oh, and the race will begin and end in Australia. Enjoy!

Episode 1

"This is the Gold Coast, Australia" says a familiar voice. "A sun and surf destination for many people. And in this coastal city, 12 teams will begin a race around the world for 1 million dollars".The voice is revealed to be Phil Keoghan's, the host of The Amazing Race, who is standing on a beach. "The 12 teams are being transported by bus to Bondi Beach, where the race will begin" A bus is shown driving along a highway.

‘’The 12 teams are…’

Max & Ben, brothers from South Australia

Two young men hop off the bus.

''We do everything together" says Ben, who has a kind face and short blonde hair.

"Everything" agrees Max.

"We don't really care if we win or not" says Ben.

"Yeah, we do" argues Max.

"We do?" asks Ben .

Max nods.

Luna & Starr, students from Victoria

2 teenage girls walk off the bus.

"We are both studying at the Melbourne University to be teachers" says Starr.

"We have been friends for basically our whole lives" says Luna.

"This race is going to be so much fun".

"Yeah" agrees Luna.

Josh & Adele, dating from Western Australia

A couple walks off the bus.

"We have been dating for 5 months" says Adele.

"I thought it was 4" says Josh.

"It's 5 " argues Adele.

"4!" exclaims Josh.

"5!"

"4!"

"5!"

"4!"

Adele sighs.

Jeremy & Noah, AFL players from Victoria

Two men run towards the beach.

"We play for Melbourne" says Noah, who looks very strong.

"Noah is the best mate in the world" says Jeremy.

"I am?" asks Noah.

Jeremy puts his head in his hands.

"As I was saying..."

Maggie & Jo, parking inspectors from New South Wales

Two middle-aged women hi-five.

"We are both parking inspectors" says Maggie.

"Which may sound really dumb and daggy, but it is a very serious job" says Jo.

"It requires a lot of concentration" agrees Maggie."The number plates are very difficult to remember".

Jo looks at the camera. 'It is'

''Random'' mutters Maggie.

Lucas & Jenny, married from Western Australia

A couple does a hand clap.

We wwill win" says Lucas.

"We will" agrees Jenny.

"Lucas and I are very competitive. We will use any U-Turn, Yield, whatever there is, to our advantage"

"Anyone who gets in our way of winning will be eliminated before they can say-"

"What?" asks Jenny.

"I don't know, give me an idea" says Lucas..

"Pie, race, mushroom..." suggests Jenny.

"I don't know. But they will be eliminated before they can say something!" exclaims Lucas..

George and Sam, father and son from South Australia

A father and son walk along the sand.

"My dad can be a bit overprotective" says Sam.

"For the last time, I'm not! I just didn't let you out of the house by yourself until you were 18! How is that being overprotective?" exclaims George.

"Never mind. Now-"

"How is that being overprotective?" asks George."Honestly!"

"Dad, all of my friends went to the park together when they were 12" says Sam.

"Yeah, but I'm sure that all of the audience is thinking -'George is the best father in history because he took care of his son!' Right?" he asks the camera hopefully.

Ginger & Anabelle, models from the Gold Coast

Two women giggle as they walk.

''Some people probably think that we're all makeup and bikinis" says Ginger.

"But they're wrong! We're tough, really tough" says Anabelle.

''We're still going to use our feminine charm though".

"Yeah. I believe we can use that to get far in this game" says Anabelle.

Jacob & Arianna, best friends from Victoria

A boy and a girl laugh.

"We have been friends since the third grade" says Arianna.

I am looking forward to going around the world. I've always wanted to go to France, America, Brazil...." says Jacob.

"Me too!" exclaims Arianna.

This race is going to be awesome!" exclaims Jacob.

Eddie & Gabriel, friends from the Northern Territory

Two men run along the sand.

"Eddie and I are what I like to call me-nice people" says Gabriel.

"Me-nice?" asks Eddie.

"Mean-nice.We're nice, but if people are mean to us, we'll be mean back" says Gabriel.

"Oh. Couldn't you have just said that" says Eddie.

"No" mutters Gabriel.

Naomi & Faith, mother and daughter from New South Wales

A mother and daughter hug.

"My mum is the best!" exclaims Faith.

"Thanks" says Naomi.

"She always played games and read stories when I was younger. We have a really good relationship, which I think will help us on the race" says Faith.

"I love you" says Naomi, hugging Faith.

"And finally,’’

John and Susan, married for 30 years from South Australia

An older couple kiss each other.

"Susan is the love of my life" says John.

"We may not be as young as the other teams, but we're still just as strong and smart" says Susan.

"We hope to have a good time on the race" says John.

"And when I'm with you, I always do" says Susan.They kiss.

"And that's it" says Phil. "Which team will have the right combination of brawn, brains and teamwork to win the race? Let's find out, as we begin The Amazing Race".

The camera goes onto the beach, where the 12 teams are gathered at the starting line.?"Welcome to The Amazing Race!" exclaims Phil. The teams cheer. "The race has 13 legs, each which is designed to test you to your limits. At the end of each leg, there is a pit stop. Get to the pit stop as fast as you can, because if you arrive last, you could be eliminated".

Everyone looks nervous.

"But if you cross the finish line 1st at the end of 13 legs, you will win one million dollars!"

Everyone cheers.

"Your first clue is with the luggage you brought with you" says Phil. The camera shows 12 pairs of bags, each with a clue on top.

"When I give the word, run to your bags, open the clue then follow the instructions. Are you ready?" he asks.

"Yes!" exclaim the contestants.

"Okay. Race hard. Race safe.......". The 12 teams get ready to run.

"Go!" exclaims Phil. The 12 teams started running, and the race began.

------------------------------------

Hope you enjoyed it! It would be great to hear your opinions on the teams and predictions for the race, as this may helop me decide who gets eliminated first.

Bye!

See more stories by Will
XD This is awesome!! Please

XD This is awesome!! Please continue!

Jeez, George and Sam are going to have a rough time, seeing as this kid seems so sheltered . . he's going to be seeing a lot more than he's used to if he plans to travel around the world XD

In my dreams I dream of flying. In reality, I chase that dream with a horse

My latest- http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/prolouge-new-story-i-have-jus...

Posted by Maiven on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 15:56
Thank you! :] I plan to

Thank you! :] I plan to finish it, I'm about a third of the way through leg 1, and i'm still deciding whether to post it in two parts. George & Sam are going to have a bit of trouble, you're right. XD Do you have a favourite team?

Posted by Will on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 16:00
Hmm . . hard to say just yet

Hmm . . hard to say just yet . . but I think I like Luna and Starr (Mainly because they're teenage girls like myself, and they have awesome names XD . . and I like how they seem so uncompetitive compared to some of the others xP)

Posted by Maiven on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 17:12
Yeah, I think I like them

Yeah, I think I like them too. [And I'm a boy] XD

Posted by Will on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 17:13
*Stares then talks in

*Stares then talks in sing-song voice* Awk-ward . . . XP I'm just kidding, it is perfectly normal for a boy your age to like two teenage girls *Suddenly has glasses and nods philosophically, patting your shoulder sympathetically*

XD What? Sometimes I get a little carried away with my sarcasm ;P (Yes, yes, and I use to many smiley faces)

Posted by Maiven on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 18:02
What are you talking about?

What are you talking about? Oh........... no I just like their personality. XD

Posted by Will on Wed, 03/06/2013 - 01:05
I love it!!! It looks so

I love it!!! It looks so cool so far :D

~A daughter is stolen by the Monastery, sent to live in a place where she will never again see the daylight. But she's different...and determined to find out how to overthrow the Deedwriter and bring back her enslaved parents...Have You Heard?

Posted by Epicness (Laura) on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 19:47
Thanks! :] Do you have a

Thanks! :] Do you have a favourite team?

Posted by WRD24 on Fri, 03/08/2013 - 16:53
I love them all! You're

I love them all! You're really good at creating characters. I think it would be funny if the model team tried to like make one of the boy teams fall in love with them or something XD

Posted by Epicness (Laura) on Fri, 03/08/2013 - 18:11
Thanks so much for saying

Thanks so much for saying that! It made my day! That gives me a great idea!

P.S-I posted the first half of leg 1 about 5 minutes ago. :]

Posted by WRD24 on Fri, 03/08/2013 - 18:14
Awesome! I'll go read

Awesome! I'll go read it...

Posted by Epicness (Laura) on Fri, 03/08/2013 - 18:17
Okay. I hope it's good! :]

Okay. I hope it's good! :]

Posted by Will on Fri, 03/08/2013 - 18:25