//
Chapter one of my random prologue!

Chapter one of my random prologue!

Posted December 18th, 2010 by Lenni

Lenni's picture
by Lenni
in my evil laboratory, complete with cloud wallpaper >:)

This goes with my random untitled prologue I wrote earlier, which you can read here: http://www.kidpub.com/story/who-loves-random-writing-88291642 Well, you don't have to read it, but you probably should. Oh, and that poem at the end has nothing to do with the story. I just wrote that cause I was bored. Seems to be a common theme....

One

I blinked my eyes open, murky sunlight filtering in through the grimy window at the top of one wall. I glanced around the other walls and saw I was in a cell, made of grey stone and completely bare. There wasn't even a plate of food.

Not that I'd been expecting anything better, but you should always hope.

I tried to stand up and made it to a crouching position before my legs shrieked out in protest. My desperate sprint yesterday had cramped my legs and probably pulled several muscles. I sat back down, leaning against the wall and trying to rub some feeling into my numb calves.

There was a knock on the side of the wall opposite me and someone shouted something. I was tempted to yell back, but I thought of a better idea as the wall began to slowly grind open.

I quickly lay down on the hard, dirty floor and closed my eyes. I tried to make my breathing as slow and even as possible. Through the slits of my half-closed eyelids, I could see two pairs of feet enter the room.

"Wake up."

One of the feet kicked me in the side. I twitched and opened my eyes, but didn't get up.

"Get up!" He kicked me harder, right into my stomach, and I jerked into a sitting position. I wiped away some dirt from my face and gave the hooded figure my best glare.

"Don't give me that." He snarled. He grabbed my arm and yanked me over to the doorway. "Get up. Canna wants to see you."

My stomach gave a lurch. My little sister's murderous face flashed through my mind, her snarl as she announced her desire to kill me.

"Why?" I asked. I got another kick in response.

"Why does it matter?" The other figure said. He had been lounging against the wall, but now came over to me and cupped my hand around my cheek. "How's the scratch?" He asked, running his finger along the gash on my face. "Your old boyfriend's got quite a temper."

"I recognize you." I said. "Still bitter because I turned you down for him?"

His hand tightened around my chin until it was painful, and then he released me so suddenly I fell back against the wall. "I know that once, all you had to do was make me angry and then you could twist me around your finger. But now," he knelt down to my level and looked me in the eye. "After the... procedure, I've reached my potential. That's what it does Cia. Takes your weaknesses and removes them."

"And your emotions." I snarled. "Makes you a killer."

His lips curved up in a condescending smile. "You hang on to that angry attitude Allacia." He said. "You're going to need it when Canna begins work on you."

He nodded to the figure still holding my arm, and he dragged me to my feet.

"Now come on." He said. "It's not good to keep Canna waiting."

Sorry it's so short, my brother wants to get on the computer. And also, don't get too attached to this. It's just a writer's block story, so I might not be posting more.

See more stories by Lenni
OOOHH this is really really

OOOHH this is really really awesome! Good job!!!

- Kay -

Just because I am different, doesn't mean I'm weak. ~~Me~~

Posted by Kay on Sun, 12/26/2010 - 20:02