//
Cry of the Ghost-Chapter Ten Part Three-Rain

Posted March 4th, 2013 by Lena

Lena's picture
by lena
in your darkest delirium

A/N: Sorry for the wait. I had WB. :/ Please CC. ^O^

I bet you all are REALLY gonna hate me now! *cackles evilly*

Continued directly from chapter ten part two

I sigh and run a hand through my still-wet hair, taking a few deep breathes to slow my heart rate. Something bangs downstairs, and I can hear a few loud, rather unnecessary curses. “Should we go down?” I ask, glancing worriedly at my bedroom door. “Sounds like they’re up.”

Jaedyn shrugs, and says, “If I were you, I’d kick back and digest what I’ve just told you. Figure out a game plan so you’re not in the line of sight of your best friends when you…” she coughs, “you know. You have approximately a week.” She’s stopped crying, but the poor girl still looks like a wreck. “I’ll go down, tell them you’re thinking about some stuff, okay?”

I nod, closing my eyes. “Jaedyn?” I say as I feel the bed creak under me as she stands up.

“Yeah?” she replies, voice gentle.

“Will you take over my place as leader when I die?” I ask, feeling my stomach churn. I know that she’d be accustomed to the position, and she’d be sure to be encouraging and understanding. When I was at The Enemy’s base, I saw it every day in her battle classes: the way she’d smile when someone did something brilliant, or how she’d instruct with care and kindness hidden behind her mandatory scowl.

I can’t see her, but I imagine that Jaedyn’s blushing. “Are you sure?” she chokes.

“You’re the most prepared for the position,” I say, trying to calm my racing heart.

“Oh,” Jaedyn whispers. “Okay, sure.”

I hear the door close behind me, and I lie down on my back, feeling a bit relieved. I sigh and grab a pillow to put under my head. What have I done? I think, suddenly feeling sick. Thoughts start to swirl in my head like a hurricane; as soon as something comes to me, the winds of my mind rip it away carelessly. I can’t think straight. My emotions are all out of whack. All in all, I feel horrible.

Another knock on my door interrupts my thoughts, and I almost groan. How many people want to talk to me today?

Blossom pokes her head in. her red curls are rumpled from sleep, her eyes tired. “I heard you guys,” she says bluntly.

That makes me sit straight up. “What?” I demand, my chest constricting.

“I heard you and Jaedyn talking,” Blossom explains, slipping into my room and closing the door behind her. “And I want to help.” I raise an eyebrow as she sits down next to me.

“Really? How the heck will you do that?” I snap, irritated and nervous.

Blossom sets her jaw, and I raise an eyebrow. “By doing this,” she says. A wave of calm washes over me, filling me to the brim with blissful content, and I know Blossom now has full control of my mind. My snake fangs start to grow over my lips, but I don’t care. Everything is perfect and pretty and la-di-da-di-da…. Blossom’s eyes lock on mine. “I’m sorry Rain. This is for the better.” I don’t understand what she means.

And I feel myself lunge for her. My fangs sink into her arm, which she holds out to me.

I pull back, suddenly horrified. “No!” I scream.

“I’m sorry Rain,” Blossom says. Her face turns pale, but she grips my hand so tightly that I can barely feel my fingers. “You have about eight hours until I’m completely gone—I just texted Emily, and she checked. She says you can do it.” I know that Emily is a time-traveler, which gives her an outlet to the future. She would know.

I gulp back sobs, terrified and shaking. “Oh-okay.” I hear the footsteps bounding on the floorboards up the stairs, but it’s all blurry and distant. I help her lay down, my stomach fluttering. People pound on the locked door, screaming for me to let them in. Blossom gives my hand a weak squeeze, and I can already see the light falling from her eyes, her power seeping from the cracks. “No,” I choke, watching as her eyelids flutter shut. “No, this can’t be happening.” Blossom’s my best friend. She always has been, and she always will be.

Three million memories flash through my head, each and every one in excruciating, colorful detail that makes my head throb. My heart constricts in my chest, and my frail, insignificant body starts to tremble. “NO!” I cry. I put my head down, still clasping Blossom’s hand, and start sobbing like a baby. “This isn’t fair,” I murmur, disbelieving.

You still have time, a voice trills in my head. She said you have eight hours. Make use of that time. I gasp for breath, ignoring the hammering on my door. You can do this.

“Can I?”

See more stories by lena
We'llp. That was slightly

We'llp. That was slightly confusing. What exactly is the eight hours for? Or is it meant to be confusing?
*~Purple Indigo~*

Posted by Purple Indigo (CAC) on Mon, 03/04/2013 - 22:05
Yeah, sorry, that was

Yeah, sorry, that was confusing. They have eight hours until Blossom dies.

~~Hey you; get off of my cloud~~

Posted by Poison Ivy {Lena} on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 09:06
Don't let Blossom

Don't let Blossom die.

-----

Please check out Life Against Death (previously Untitled): http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/untitled-story-prolouge-20811...

And please get an awesome book cover (for free): http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3053

~~Lydia~~

Posted by Lydia on Mon, 03/04/2013 - 22:41
*raises hands* I'm not gonna

*raises hands* I'm not gonna promise anything...

~~Hey you; get off of my cloud~~

Posted by Poison Ivy {Lena} on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 09:07
Ñooooooooooooooooooooo! That

Ñooooooooooooooooooooo!
That was something I never would have seen coming!

Posted by Grace on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 07:09
:D That, my friend, was the

:D That, my friend, was the point.

~~Hey you; get off of my cloud~~

Please continue, like,

Please continue, like, now?!?!?

Posted by Grace on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 15:28
NOOOOOOOOOO!!! dont die

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! dont die blossom!!!! NOOOOOOO!!!!!
Continue soon, she dosnt have much time left!!!

-A friend is someone who's just as weird as you and wont roll their eyes at your craziness! -ME!!

Posted by NICOLE!! :D on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 10:37
XDD Thanks.   ~~Hey you;

XDD Thanks.

~~Hey you; get off of my cloud~~

Posted by Poison Ivy {Lena} on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 20:21
Sadface. :-( "There are

Sadface. :-(

"There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are." -W. Somerset Maugham

Posted by Writer M on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 19:25
Yesh, I am mean :D   ~~Hey

Yesh, I am mean :D

~~Hey you; get off of my cloud~~

Posted by Poison Ivy {Lena} on Tue, 03/05/2013 - 20:22