//
First Annual BLISS AWARDS(: ****Want comments? AND a chance to win?******

Posted November 26th, 2011 by BlissHavens

BlissHavens's picture
by Phia
in Paris, eating croissants at a cafe overlooking the effiel tower

Ok so, do you want comments?

-If so, this is the perfect oppurtunity to get some feedback and lots of recognition for your writing piece!

The Bliss Awards is going to be a typical KP Competition. We will have catagories, which you will enter into. The winners of those catagories will progress to the BA Finals where all the enter-ees that didn't progress to the next rounds will be required to vote for the progress-ers, but other KPers not entered will also be able to input opinions.

Prizes?

Yes! I was hoping to do a pretty awesome prize instead of a virtual taco -.- ...not that that's bad or anything...but..well, I hope you catch my drift(: Anyway, I was hoping to team up with Perry for this one. I'm not 100% sure he'll go for this considering this is a user-run competition, but I'm hoping if enough people enter, it'll get his attention and approval to get him on board.

So my idea was to have the over-all winner's piece to be featured on the home page...like so (:

**Might not end up exact because it would all have to flow what Perry wants and would be allowed to do, so this is just a basic idea.

So...Who's the Judge?

Well, the thing is I will make sure to read every single thing that is entered and will comment on absoutely everything and I swear that is not an empty promise at all!

For the secondary rounds I will determine who advances into the BA finals. But in the finals the KPers will vote for the champion(:

Keep in mind this will only work if everyone participates! And even though you may not win past the secondary rounds, I will not stop commenting(:

Pinky Promise

How will this all work?

There will be two rounds, the secondary which will be all the people that entered. I will read and comment on all the stories, and handpick the winners from each division. Then, those who won will progress to the finals which is where I will put up a poll where all KPers will be able to vote for the winners. And hopefully when I tally the votes, and the champion is decided, they will be able to have the award that I thought up with of course the help of Perry - if permitting(:

Catagories!

Romance/Drama:

A Little Einsteins Love Story - Pray(Emma)

True Story/Realistic Fiction:

MAASAI- Lauren

What Used To Be- Amy (Awry Lives)

Raised by Moses- Ari and Nat

Khloe- Ruby G

Horror/Thriller/Supsense:

Ghost Story- Tegan

Mystery/Adventure:

The Accused- Joe (Thing 9)

A Different Route- MaggieMay

Danger is Pretty- Amber

Fantasy:

Untitled- Stephanie

Raven- AnnaMator

Dreamwalker- Rachel

Sci-Fi:

-I will put the name of all the contestants and their stories below the following catagorey(:

How do I enter?

So I will put a entering form in this post that each contestant will be required to fill out. You can't be all "Ok! I'm in!" ....week later...."Why didn't you comment?" One. I don't know what it's called. Two. Who are you? Just kidding(; But seriously don't do that.

Mind you: ONLY ENTER ONCE!!!

Please fill out the form:

--------------------------------------------------

****Bliss Awards Enter Form!

Name:

Catagorey:

Story:

Story Plot/Quick Summary:

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?:

STORY LINK: (Chapter One please, MUST have chapter connected at the bottom):

Email (To recieve BA updates):

------------------------------------------------

EMAIL NOTE

Okay, so you don't have to have an email(: But if I post updates and you don't know about it...well...uh...that's kinda your problem :/

So that's it?

After you enter...WRITE WRITE WRITE! Show everyone why you should win!

One last reminder!!!

Okay, so please, please, please, please remember to put up a link! I really don't wanna have to search evey single chapter just because you didn't put up a link!! Please. Give me some slack. I already gotta comment on everything! (: Just kidding I love commenting. But anyway please put the link!(:

Oh, annnnddddd:

In all honesty...

I think this will be a very successful competition, and no harm no foul! Doesn't cost you a dime to do this! Free comments and the possibilty to get extreme popularity! There is nothing to loose!

Go ahead.

Enter(:

You're making a certain girl really happy(:

...

Updates

From the wonderful idea of AnnaMator, I will be having an email list! I will send out a update links! So please be sure to imeditely respond and take action!(:

See more stories by Phia
wait, so does it have to be

wait, so does it have to be something NEW or can it be something you already wrote?

FIRST ANNUAL KIDPUB AWARD SHOW WINNER! READ THESE STORIES THEY ARE EPIC! Romance Winner: http://www.kidpub.com/story/new-romance-novel-prologue-my-first-romance-... By: Skittles!

Posted by Joe (Thing 9) on Sat, 11/26/2011 - 23:19
@Joe: It can be new or

@Joe: It can be new or old!

@Brenna: It doesn't have to be finished either(:

She'll chase you around for a while, but there's gonna be a day when she's gonna stop running in circles around you, she's gonna get over you, and at that moment, you'll wish you had let her catch you.

Posted by Bliss Havens on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 10:20
I'm so in ^_^!! I'll get

I'm so in ^_^!! I'll get back to you on that form when I finish my story... but does it necessarily have to be chapters? I love writing random short stories, and I'm just wondering if that would be ok. 

Posted by BrennaD on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 01:12
@Brenna (again!) yes! short

@Brenna (again!) yes! short stories would be permitted!

Posted by Bliss Havens on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 10:21
Name: Lauren Category:

Name: Lauren
Story: MAASAI
Plot: it's about a tomboy-ish girl from a Maasai tribe who doesn't want to circumcise and stuff, and wants to be a Moran (a Maasai warrior)
Do you pledge to keep up with the BA...: yup! Definitely!
Story link: in my sig =]

~Lauren~
A person who is happy will make others happy. A person who has courage and faith will never die in misery! ~Anne Frank

PLEASE CC ON MY BOOK MAASAI!: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/maasaichapter-1-new-book-1892...

Posted by The Silhouette ... on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 02:40
I will but can't right now.

I will but can't right now. I'll sign form later :)

"I think you still have no idea of the impact you have on people..." ~ Peeta, The Hunger Games.

~Your gonna catch a cold, from the ice inside your soul~ Christina Perri

Posted by Moonlight (Jenny) on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 05:31
Name: Pray (Emma) Category:

Name: Pray (Emma)

Story: A Little Einsteins Love Story

Plot: When Quincy and Annie kiss during a gold mine tour, their world turns upside-down. After three weeks of silence and depression, something that nearly ends Quincy's life will bring the two closer that ever.

Yes

Story link: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/little-einsteins-love-story-need-better-title-chapter-1-923115894 

Posted by Emaafre on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 09:38
****Bliss Awards Enter

****Bliss Awards Enter Form!

Name: Tegan

Category:Horror/Thriller/Supsense

Story: Ghost Story (I don't have a name yet.)

Story Plot/Quick Summary: It's SOMETIME BETWEEN 1905 and 1920. It's about a girl called Jessica who loves to read and write but the social hierachy prevents her.

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?: I, Sophie Tegan Morgan, pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress .

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/ghost-story-sorry-about-really-short-chapters-1956115938 

'I knew a simple soldier boy Who grinned at life in empty joy, Slept soundly through the lonesome dark, And whistled early with the lark' - Siegried Sassoon

Posted by Tegan on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 09:56
I'll do it!!! ****Bliss

I'll do it!!!

****Bliss Awards Enter Form!

Name: Stephanie

Catagorey: Fantasy

Story: Um, doesn't really have a name yet, it's currently called Untitled.

Story Plot/Quick Summary: Ooh, I stink at summaries... so here goes nothing. It takes place during, well, NOW and the main character's name is Allie Cartwright (subject to change). There's been a lot of mysterious explosions in her town, and no one knows what or who caused them. One of these explosions happen right outside her house and they find an unconcious boy, but before they can question him, he runs away. The next day at school, a new kid is in her class (hmm... what a coincidence) and, um, they get into lots of adventures, ladidahdidah, and have to save the world. Sorry it's so bad, I don't want to give away too much :)

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?: Sure!!!

STORY LINK: (Chapter One please, MUST have chapter connected at the bottom): It's in my signature!

This is a great idea!!!

"I dream of a better future, where chickens can cross roads and not be questioned about their motives." Please read my story!!! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/untitled-chapter-1-first-pers...

Posted by Stephanie on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 10:24
In that case :).... heres my

In that case :).... heres my story:

Name: Joe (Thing 9)

Catagory: Adventure

Story: The Accused

Quick summary: Caesy Lewis is the youngest CIA agent in the world. But when the CIA accuse him of assasinating the Vice-President, Casey and his friends must flee the government and prove his innocense while all CIA, FBI, Police and any other branch of the US government will so anything to murder him and his friends.

Yes I do promise to vote/read if I don't suceed.

http://www.kidpub.com/story/accused-let-me-know-if-i-should-continue-please-read-and-comment-194811411ise (This is the prouloge. Its seperated in chapters)

Posted by Joe (Thing 9) on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 14:16
In that case :).... heres my

In that case :).... heres my story:

Name: Joe (Thing 9)

Catagory: Adventure

Story: The Accused

Posted by Joe (Thing 9) on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 14:17
Great Idea, Bliss! I think

Great Idea, Bliss! I think that i just might have to enter... 

****Bliss Awards Enter Form!

Name: AnnaMator

Catagorey: Fantasy/Adventure (It could fit in either... put in in whichever one you think fits it best after you read it .)

Story: Raven   (i have yet to post the next 5 chapters I wrote. After i posted chapter 5, and recieving only one comment that I wrote, I kinda lost alot of my confidence.. I'll post the rest now, though )

Story Plot/Quick Summary: Hazel and Zaylin are bestf riends, the kind of friend who you do everyhting and anything with. When they go on a picnic, which they did quite often, their whole world was sent spinning in circles. They find themselves in Dalon, a group of three large islands. The island they are on is named for an awful man who lives there, Raven. Raven is a power hungry man who is in search of a journal. The journal is said to hold the secret to controlling the islands, and with Raven in control, who knows what could happen! See what happens as Hazel and Zaylin meet new friends, learn more about themselves, and embark on a quest to stop him in Raven: Book one in The Dalon Chronicles.

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?:The best i possibly can! Yes.

***********************************************************************************************

“In all the work you are doing, work the best you can. Work like you are working for the Lord, not for people.” Colossians 3:23
Posted by AnnaMator on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 15:54
****Bliss Awards Enter

****Bliss Awards Enter Form!

Name: Amy (Awry Lives)

Catagorey: Realistic Fictin

Story: What Used To Be

Story Plot/ Quick Summary:

Toby Theeble has Alzheimer’s. He doesn’t know where he is today, and doesn’t really understand what is going on around him, much less what’s wrong with him. So why should anyone else? He can recall his young years:  The Peace Corps, college, his fling as a circus act, a newspaper columnist, barista, marriage, and many more. Toby mastered them all. If only he could master his life today…

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?: YESSUH! (Is it posible for you to create a mailing list? It would be sper duper helpful if you could email me when you post something BA realted! freedomertobe@gmail.com

STORY LINK: (Chapter One please, MUST have chapter connected at the bottom):  (This is the prologue, but it's kind of important. Well, so-so.) http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/what-used-be-prologue-someone-explain-what-novella-941115949

Want comments? We’re OPEN! :D ~ Are you a TKP?

Posted by (amy) Awry Lives on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 16:20
Name: MaggieMay Catagorey:

Name: MaggieMay

Catagorey: Adventure

Story: A Different Route

Story Plot/Quick Summary: Sisters, Maura and Marissa, are kidnapped by a woman named Sugar whos plan is to take over the country. Along with the other recruits, can Maura and Marissa save the country with the help of most of the other citizens without letting Sugar get complete control?

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?: Yes

STORY LINK: (Chapter One please, MUST have chapter connected at the bottom): http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/different-route-chapter-1-1854114569

Email (To recieve BA updates): Yeah, about that, I can't give out my e-mail. Is it alright if I just try my best to keep up with the updates on KP?

I'VE GOT GOODER GRAMMAR THAN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by MaggieMay on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 18:53
My story isn't done yet, but

My story isn't done yet, but I'll enter!

Name: Amber

Story: Danger is Pretty

Story Plot/Quick Summary:Jake is just a normal, popular, eighth grader, but that all changes when an exchange student from Russia arrives at his school. This new girl holds a dark and deadly secret, a secret that changes Jake's whole life when it is revealed. (I would say more, but I don't want to give anything away.)

I pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the winners even if I din't progress.

Story Link: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/danger-pretty-prologue-181511...

Email: Uh... Just go to the contact me tab on my bio.

"Oh my god, I'm fired!" - Dutch, from Transformers Dark of the Moon

http://www.kidpub.com/viewTracker/1926 READ THEM!

Posted by Amber on Sun, 11/27/2011 - 20:55
YAY! I just started a short

YAY! I just started a short story for  my writing class! Hopefully it will be done soon

Name: Ari and Nat

category: realistuc fiction

Story: Raised by Moses

Story Plot/Quick Summary: Benjamin had died in a car crash with his drunk father, so when he sees heaven for the first time he doesn't know anything about it. After metting Job and Moses, Moses decides to care for him

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?: YAY!

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/raised-moses-part-one-1841116...

Email (To recieve BA updates): nataleegann@gmail.com

Murder, Mystery and prisons ahh a regular day............

Posted by nataleegann on Mon, 11/28/2011 - 13:41
What if you don't have an

What if you don't have an email? Can you just post it on our page, or do we HAVE to have an email in order to enter?

I'm asking because I don't have an email :(

Posted by Olivia on Mon, 11/28/2011 - 10:32
Nope! It's not

Nope! It's not required!(:

Posted by Bliss Havens on Mon, 11/28/2011 - 16:44
Name: Rachel Catagorey:

Name: Rachel

Catagorey: Fantasy

Story: Dreamwalker (The First in the Trilogy)

Story Plot/Quick Summary: (Well, it's a trilogy, but I'm only entering the first book- Dreamwalker.) Lacie Goodnight discovers a magical world on her 12th birthday- Dreamland. She soon realizes that she's a Dreamwalker- or, a person who can walk in their dreams as an animal. As Lacie discovers the world of Dreamland as a horse named Angel though, she finds out that the world is smaller than she thinks. And then the evil creatures come...the Shadow Walkers. And they only mean trouble.

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?: Sure.

STORY LINK: (Chapter One please, MUST have chapter connected at the bottom): See my signature down below. :) The chapters are connected, and like I said, you only have to read the first book Dreamwalker. The other two books are also connected though.

Email (To recieve BA updates): Uh.....if you must, use my contact tab.

*~Dreamwalker~*The First in the Trilogy

"Harry Potter. The boy who lived.....come to die." ~Voldemort (Harry Potter 7 part 2)

Posted by Thing 1 (Rachel) on Mon, 11/28/2011 - 13:55
Catagorey:Poetry Story:Snowgl

Catagorey:Poetry

Story:Snowglobe

Story Plot/Quick Summary:ITS A SHORT POEM!

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?:yeazh

STORY LINK: (Chapter One please, MUST have chapter connected at the bottom):Will go get

Email (To recieve BA updates):Use contact tab

(Edited) YOU NEED TO ADD A POETRY CATAGORY!!!!!!!!!!

. "Join the Random Club: http://www.kidpub.com/story/please-join-rc-1931113403 THE MOST EPIC LOVE STORY! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADziqTgT0s IT LEFT ME IN TEARS! BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH!!! Maggie: Saying Epicletastic a day keepes maggie from stalking

Posted by magsiscool on Thu, 12/01/2011 - 19:31
  Name: Pokey Catagorey:

Name: Pokey

Catagorey: Fantasy

Story: Winter Blooming

Story Plot/Quick Summary: Sanni and Sam have been slaves to their Master for as long as they can remember, given up by their mother at a young age because of her inability to take care of them. Or so they thought.

When thirteen-year-old Sanni and little four-year-old Sam run away from Master's property in search of a better tomorrow, they accidently find themselves opening Krinfum Castle, a historical landmark that'd been sealed for decades. Upon invitation into the castle, Sanni and Sam begin the epic journey that took them from Master's property to the Spellcaster's classroom to the path to find a true Winter Blooming.

Do you pledge to keep up with all BA updates and vote for the final winners if I don't progress?: Sure!

STORY LINK: (Chapter One please, MUST have chapter connected at the bottom): My signature (the elementalist or sorcerer thing) is a link. Click it.

Email (To recieve BA updates): use my contact tab. XD

Elementalist or Sorcerer? That's for YOU to decide...:D.

Posted by Thing 2 (Pokey) on Thu, 12/01/2011 - 17:12
Wait a sec, when are the

Wait a sec, when are the winners picked? I entered myslef like a few months ago?

If you want a pulse-pounding novel with CIA, FBI, car chases, gun fights and more, check out the (updated) prouloge of: The Accused http://www.kidpub.com/story/accused-prouloge-updated-please-read-and-com... And if you want a story about a tw

Posted by Joe on Sat, 02/11/2012 - 11:59