//
One of the Guys~ Chapter 12~ Jason~ Dedicated to Rocky, Calla, Emma, and Joe:)

Posted March 28th, 2012 by SaddleAngel

by Hadleigh Philomena
in CT

--Jason--

“So, um, I had fun,” I say anxiously.  I’m walking her back to her house.

“I did, too,” Angela whispers.

We start up the driveway. “So, um…”

“Do you want to come in?  Watch a movie?” Angela asks suddenly. “I mean, if you want-“

I smile. “I’d love to, Angela.”

She holds the door open for me. “Come in, then.”

“Nuh-uh, ladies first,” I say, putting my hand above hers on the edge of the door.  She bites her lip, looks down, and walks in, muttering thanks.

“So, is your family home?” I ask as Angela leads me to the kitchen and throws a bag of popcorn into the microwave.

“Yeah.  My mom’s upstairs, probably sleeping, my older brother’s out, probably at a party- he’s a senior,” Angela explains. “My dad’s in Afghanistan.”

I spontaneously grab her and crush her into my chest. “God, Angela, I’m sorry…”

“It’s- it’s okay,” Angela says in a small voice that seems anything but okay to me.  She tries to wriggle out of my grip. “I’m fine.”

“No, you’re not,” I whisper, taking her face in my hands for the second time tonight. “You’re not okay.”

Angela looks down again.  Adorably habitual comes to mind. “You’re right…  I just…  I don’t want to talk about it right now.  Can we…”

With that, she looks straight into my eyes, and I can’t take it anymore. “Angela, can I please kiss you right now?”

Her eyes swim with the unshed tears she’s holding back. “Um.   Y-yeah?”

I don’t need any convincing.  I sweep my thumbs underneath her eyes, wiping away all of her tears, and place a stray lock of those beautiful curls behind her ear.  Then I wrap my arms around her, pulling her to her toes as I put my lips to hers.

Angela’s arms go around my neck, her eyes closing, and she kisses me back gently.  Everything is in this kiss- pain, suffering, love, loss, hope- but, somehow, that just makes it sweeter.  Her hands go to my hair, twisting in the blonde strands as the kiss deepens.

And, just like that, it’s over.

“You home, LouLou?” A husky voice floats through my intoxicated mind. “LouLou?”  I don’t break away…  How can I?  Heavy footsteps thump into the kitchen, where I’m still kissing Angela. “LouLo-  Holy shit, LouLou!”

All of the puzzle pieces come together in my head. “Oh, man, I’m so sorry, I wasn’t- we weren’t gonna-“

I stop dead in my tracks as I see Angela’s older brother.  He towers over me, well over six feet tall, and stares down at me, eyes widen.  They match Angela’s perfectly. “Oh, well, well.  What have we here?”

He brushes his medium-length blonde hair out of his eyes before picking Angela up and spinning her around.  I barely have time to think, what the hell?! before he’s walking towards me.  Oh, God.

He shakes my hand. “Rio Jacobs.  Pleased to meet my little sister’s first boyfriend.”

Angela blushes. “Oh, God, Ri!  Don’t scare him off already!”

I’m still inarticulate. “Um.  Wow.  Jason Fine?”

“I gotta go, just grabbing my phone- forgot it.  Party tonight,” Rio explains, as though this is even remotely normal.  He grabs it off the top of the microwave and claps me on the shoulder. “Don’t hurt her, treat her good, and keep your tongue out of her mouth until the third date.”

Angela blushes and he jogs out the door.

A/N: Heehees!  Wrote two chapters earlier...  Mm, ya!  I might write one in a lil bit...

See more stories by Hadleigh Philomena
XD I thought Rio was gonna

XD I thought Rio was gonna kill Jason.

THAT WAS AN AMAZING CHAPPIE AND OMIGOSH I LOVED IT SO  SO MUCH!!!!!

~Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing's going to get better. It's not.~The Lorax

Posted by Katniss Everdee... on Wed, 03/28/2012 - 21:21
That's what I was aimin'

That's what I was aimin' for!!;D Thank you!!:)

~FMD

"It’s not a fair comparison, really. Gale and I were thrown together by a mutual need to survive. Peeta and I know the other’s survival means our own death." ~Katniss, The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins

Posted by ~Clove (FMD)~ on Wed, 03/28/2012 - 21:25