//
Percy Jackson Love Story -- Chapter 4

Percy Jackson Love Story -- Chapter 4

Posted April 4th, 2011 by WolfWriter

by WolfWriter
in Värmland, Sweden

We stopped in front of Cabin 8, its warm moonlight glow radiating like the Apollo cabin radiated sunlight. Before I even came close to the door, I heard Helen howl happily, joyful that I had come back and hopeful that I would play with her or take her for a walk around Camp. When I opened the door, the bundle of white fur pounced on me, right into my arms, so that I almost buckled under the weight. I caught her awkwardly and set her down, and the wolf spun in circles, chasing her tail and yapping. I giggled.

“Helen, don’t let me leave you alone that long again, if this is how spazzy you’ll be when I let you out,” I told her. Percy laughed and let her sniff his hand. Helen was curious about him, and a bit cautious at first, but then she began to warm up to him and was soon sitting at his feet, leaning against his leg as he stroked her head.

I watched them, smiling, for a while, before clapping my hands and calling Helen to my side. She came reluctantly, and I waved to Percy as I stepped into my cabin.

“See you, Percy,” I called.

He waved back and I was about to close the door when he shouted, “Wait!” and held it open. I raised an eyebrow.

“What is it?”

“I was just wondering…if…uh, if you didn’t have plans if…you would want to come to the fireworks tonight with me?” he stuttered.

My heart melted instantly. I had forgotten that today was July 4, the night of the fireworks. It was like the date night for Campers. I could hardly contain the massive smile tugging at my lips.

“I’d love to! Of course!”

He looked relieved. “Okay, well, see you tonight, then!”

I didn’t close the door this time. I watched, instead, as Percy turned and walked triumphantly away, meeting up with a satyr (Grover, was it?) and apparently telling him all about how he was going to the fireworks with the daughter of Apollo. I beamed as I let my legs give out, so I could collapse on my bed and sigh dreamily. I groaned as Helen jumped up on my stomach, though, and began to lick my face.

“You like Percy, don’t you, girl?” I muttered, stroking her thick white fur.

She barked lightly and jumped off the bed, then rolled onto her back and waiting for a belly rub. Sometimes I think she can understand me; other times, not so much. I knelt beside her and humored her, the wolf’s tongue lolling and her tail wagging a hundred miles per hour.

“I don’t blame you,” I laughed. “I can’t wait for the fireworks. It’s kind of a lot to take in for one day. This morning, I was with the Hunters, a devoted member, and now I’m going to the fireworks with the most amazing guy ever. I have a lot to be thankful for. Well, not the whole getting kicked out of the Hunters thing, but other than that…I mean, I have you and Percy, don’t I? And I’m sure Thalia will send an Iris message every once in a while. What more do I need?”

I looked down at my shirt. “Oh yeah. I need a change of clothes, don’t I? I should go ask Chiron about that…”

I apologized to Helen once again for leaving her alone, then left reluctantly, assuring her that it was important. I would need more than two shirts. As I walked to the Big House, I couldn’t help but look in vain for Percy. And I also couldn’t help but notice the other campers eyeing me curiously. The news must have spread. I tried to smile and hold my head higher, make even the Aphrodite kids jealous of my confidence. Even if I didn’t look the best today, what with my hair pulled back in a now-messy ponytail with random strands falling by my face, I was proud and felt great. I strutted up to the Big House and knocked on the doors. No answer. I hadn’t been expecting one. So I just threw open the doors myself and stepped inside.

The walls were lined with pictures and articles, somehow pertaining to Camp Half-Blood, along with various artifacts such as swords and bow/arrow sets. I didn’t know which direction to head in to find Chiron, and had no clue where his apartment was, so I began to wander through the building, through various rooms and flights of stairs, looking for the Activities Director and hoping I wouldn’t get it too much trouble if someone less tolerant—oh, how about Mr. D?!—found me walking aimlessly. One might think I was up to no good. Sometimes, that is the case, but not this time. Finally, after about half an hour of searching I reached the end of the fourth floor. There was nowhere else to look. Chiron must be out, maybe at the archery range with some of the demigods. I leaned against a wall and sank into a sitting position, resting my chin on my knees in dismay. Helen would be ticked that I was gone this long either way, but it killed me to think I’d wasted all this time and had nothing to show for it.

I inclined my head and moaned. That’s when I saw it. A cord running from a square cut into the ceiling. A door. A door to the attic. I got to my feet and looked around to make sure no one was looking. Then I reached up and gave the cord a yank. The door opened, sending a cloud of dust onto me, and a group of stairs clattered into place. I grinned. In an instant, I was at the top of the ladder/stair thingy and found myself in a dusty and crowded attic. Everything was covered in filth and it smelled like old people and nasty old gym shoes. Not pleasant. And really unpleasant when you see a skeletal corpse dressed like a hippie staring at you. I almost fell down the ladder when I saw it, and that’s when I remembered that this was where the Oracle has always stayed. Well, that is, if you don’t count the time when she decided to take a stroll into the forest to visit my very close former friend, Zoë Nightshade, who also happened to be Lieutenant of the Hunters before her death at the hand of her father, Atlas. She had been one of my best friends, and I had only known her for a few days, having joined the Hunters just before Bianca di Angelo. Also dead. Wow, my life was depressing.

Anyway, I stumbled among the various stashed artifacts thrown away by past demigods and made my way to stand in front of the hippie Oracle. I totally forgot why I was even there. All I could think of was that this was my chance to ask the Oracle anything. And that her face was starting to creep me out.

“Uhhh…” I said stupidly. Then I did something really brilliant and poked her shoulder. I cried out and almost puked when there was a sickening crunch at the lightest touch. “Oh, that’s just not right…uh, so yeah. Oracle. I was wondering if…uh…Percy Jackson and I will…uh…” I scratched the back of my neck nervously. Deep breath. “What is the destiny of Percy Jackson and I?”

There was no response. I stared for a while, wondering what I did wrong, waiting for a prophecy or something. But the corpse of the oracle just stared at me, and it started to really creep me out having a dead hippie prophet looking at me.

Great, I thought. I’m insane. I’m talking to a dead person and hoping they will talk back or spew mist or something. I need to find a psychologist.

I started to get impatient, fidgety (stupid ADHD…) as I waited for nothing. Then it hit me. And I wanted to hit myself. My jaw dropped and I muttered something really complicated under my breath in Greek, not really knowing what I was doing. Stupid! Stupid, stupid, stupid! Some daughter of Apollo I was! A decent daughter of Apollo would have remembered that this mummified…thing…was no longer the oracle. It was some other mortal girl who lived in Camp Half-Blood. And she was  actually a living being, which was encouraging.

I waved at the former oracle, wondering why she was even there, still, and leapt nimbly down the ladder. The light of the halls were refreshing, and I walked calmly out of the Big House innoticed, forgetting why I had come there in the first place. Now, rather than a shirt, I was on a mission to receive a prophecy.

The oracle was nothing like I imagined her. She had red hair and was dressed almost as oddly as the OTHER oracle. Not a good sign when your style resembles that of an ancient prophet thing. But her eyes were dancing and full of life when she saw me, and she invited me in.

“Uh…” I said lamely as I looked around the cave-like place. “So, yeah, I’m Wolf…and I was looking for a prophecy…”

“I would assume so,” she replied with a grin. “I’m Rachel Elizabeth Dare, oracle, obviously.”

I shifted nervously. “I was wondering if you could tell me the destiny of myself and Perseus Jackson…?”

I was expecting her to go into a trance, like oracles should, but instead she just smiled. “I had a dream about you coming here, and a dream about Percy, too. I’ve kind of been waiting for you.”

“Please,” I pleaded, “can you give me a prophecy?”

She was silent, and she closed her eyes. Then, suddenly, her head snapped up and

a haunting voice that was not her own was uttered. Her gestures and movements were jerky and unnatural, and I stumbled back, my eyes wide.

Three shall set out in the dead of the night

Risking life and limb, risking light

Daughter of prophecy will seek favor with her father

Son of the Earthshaker may be lost forever

The Tri-Blood among heroes will be revealed

But all will perish

Unable to be saved by neither sword nor shield”

My mouth was wide open as I stared at her, trying to absorb her words. All I understood was that we were all supposed to die. Percy, son of the Earthshaker, might be lost…forever. And heaven knows what a Tri-Blood is, or the daughter of the prophecy. I didn’t bother thanking Rachel or anything; I ran, stumbling over a stone and slicing my hand on a piece of a shattered pot that seemed to appear out of nowhere. I suppressed a whimper and jumped to my feet, running full-speed across the Camp acres, not caring that everyone was staring. I didn’t stop, even though Percy called me, concerned, until I reached Cabin 8 and slammed the door shut.  

See more stories by WolfWriter
:D I would LOVE to see your

:D I would LOVE to see your interpretations of the prophecy, keeping in mind that all is not as it appears... :3

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"For everything there is a season; let this be your equinox." ~ Equinox

Posted by WolfWriter on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 19:19
THIS IS AN AWEOSME

THIS IS AN AWEOSME CHAPTER!!!!!

Now, interpretation of prophescy... (Please keep in mind that I am usually so totally incorrect that you would think I read the prophecy backwards, so don't expect this to be amazingly accurate)

Three shall set out in the dead of the night-Umm... well, either they leave in the middle of the night, or they leave when it's extremely dark, or the depart when Camp Half-Blood is in awful peril...

Risking life and limb, risking light-Well, 'risking limb' makes sense already, and I'm guessing 'risking light' has something to do with the fact that Wolf is a daughter of Apollo

Daughter of prophecy will seek favor with her father-Since Apollo is the god of prophecy, I'm guessing that Wolf will 'seek the favor of her father'

Son of the Earthshaker may be lost forever-The bovious interpretation is that Percy might die or be stuck somewhere for all eternity, but keeping in mind that you said everything is not what it seems, I admit that Percy is not the only son of Poseidon, nor is it certain that by 'The Earthshaker' the prophect meant Poseidon

The Tri-Blood among heroes will be revealed-This one's more difficult. Tri-Blood? That means Three-Blood, I think, so maybe a child of the Big Three? Or maybe someone with blood mixed with human, god, and something else, like perhaps monster? Or maybe Titan?

But all will perish-No explanation needed, except to point out that it never said that 'All' meant Wolf and her friends

Unable to be saved by neither sword nor shield-Percy has a shield, and a sword, but I'm guessing that this sword and shield is somewhat more powerful that those. Unless by 'sword or shield' the prophect meant people?

Well, there's my awful interpretation!

One question... If Wolf's no longer part of the Hunters, why is she going into Cabin 8?

Posted by Helm on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 19:38
Wow. This is nothing short

Wow. This is nothing short of epic-ly awesome! :D Seriously. It. Is. AMAZING! :D

Forever & Always, Claire

Posted by -Claire- on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 20:08
No, it's an excellent

No, it's an excellent interpretation! :D Yay! And she goes to Cabin 8 because she HHHAAAATTTEEEESSS the crowded Apollo cabin...even if it isn't crowded as Hermes. But she is technically unclaimed (more on that later since this takes place between The Lost Hero and The Last Olympian, which means she should be claimed...) so she would have to be in Hermes. But that didn't make much sense since her parent was obvious. And I forgot to mention her asking Chiron if she can stay in Cabin 8...

Posted by WolfWriter on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 21:12
PERCY!!!! DON'T EAT THE

PERCY!!!! DON'T EAT THE FLOWER!!!!! *Throws a lotus flower in Kronos's eye* :D I'll just go with Helm's prophecy guess. :p

Anyway, there's a possible typo. :p Here, there isn't a 'the':

But here there is:

And heaven knows what a Tri-Blood is, or the daughter of the prophecy.

So that might be a typo. :p

Nananana, Batma—I mean, Vladimir Shalae!

Put something witty here. Or read this poem.

Posted by L.S.Trendom on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 21:54
Wow, even though alot of

Wow, even though alot of kids on kidpub have been writing Percy Jackson FanFic stories, all of them are totally different in a unique way.

Very interesting. I can't wait to read the next chapter. Keep up the good work. I like how your characters speak to each other with good vocabulary.

yes

Posted by Justin on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 21:24
Wow, even though alot of

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Justin on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 21:25
*Mouth drops open in

*Mouth drops open in amazement* WOW. QUE ES MUY BEIN!!! (That was very good!)

~If softball was easy, it would be called baseball~

Posted by Rockshadow on Mon, 04/04/2011 - 22:05
  Raven: Who's the

Raven: Who's the tri-blood?  I just also thought of random names!  Amanda, Denise, Jacqueline, Friday, Liz, Evangeline... the list goes on....

Midnight: *Facepalm*

Raven: Where did Willow, Riley, and Carter go?

Midnight: Oh, they're on vacation in Fiji for now.  I'm the temporary replacement, along with the resurrected Stephanie Flynn and Robin.

Stephanie: I'm SOOOO happy to be alive!!!  *Throws pretty daisies, roses, violets, daffodils, lilacs, lilies, and other flowers around while the sun shines down*

Robin: *Rolls eyes*

Midnight: *Sing-song voice* She can hear you!

Raven: *Sighs* You never learn. 

Black Canary: But did anyone see what he did wrong?

Robin: Oh!  He hit on teacher and got served?

Kid Flash: *Angrily* Dude!

--Young Justice

Posted by Midnight (Raven... on Tue, 04/05/2011 - 00:31
Wow, this is so great! I'm

Wow, this is so great! I'm not usually one for romance, but..........

THIS IS REALLY REALLY R-E-A-L-L-Y GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please read my story!http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/long-road-prologue-1812101039

God is good ALL THE TIME!!

Posted by Tarka on Tue, 04/05/2011 - 14:16