//
The Training Chapter 5 *repost* (Yay...XD)

Posted March 5th, 2013 by Arin

by sidewalk
in destructible

Castle Nemia Entrance

John went over to a group of guards trying to take down a sholtek. Lyle unsheathed his sword and slashed at a sholtek approaching him. He blocked a punch with the flat of his sword, then sliced at its stomach. The sholtek fired bolt after bolt of intense light energy at him. He dodged, swiftly moving towards it. The sholtek paused, then summoned another ball, this time waiting for it to intensify. Lyle dove behind a rock when the energy ball sped towards him, at least 5 times bigger than normal. The rock in front of him shattered. He was glad it wasn't him that got hit. He continued on and slashed. The sholtek had become weary and could not block the deadly overhand blow. It disintegrated into bits of soil and dust.

Meanwhile John was firing arrows from a distance at sholteks approaching the moat. He caught them by surprise at first, and hit all of them. But then they knew where he was and started firing energy balls at him. He ran at full speed into the forest and onto the other side of the bridge they were standing on. Then he unsheathed his two knives and slashed at the sholtek's backs, causing them to disintegrate. Then a rumbling noise came out from the forest. Everybody looked back in horror as an awfully loud and creepy screech filled the air. John took advantage of the onlookers staring at the forest by shoving sholteks into the moat. He quickly destroyed them. He found Lyle and they started heading towards the forest.

"We'll have to look for it. It's up to us," Lyle said pointing to himself. "I heard it to the left, so we have to go..." He paused for a second as he directed himself. "That way, come on." And he dragged John towards the beast.

The two came across a clearing and they took out their weapons, ready for battle. Then they heard a swooshing sound. It got louder and louder until finally a shadow fell over them. The beast roared and breathed fire, swooping down on them.

It had the characteristics of a dragon. In fact it, was a dragon.

"Woah a dragon," John said, awestruck. He had read about dragons in his training. He thought they were the coolest creatures ever. He voiced his thoughts.

"We shouldn't kill it, just capture it," he said. "They're too majestic to be killed.

Lyle shrugged. "They're just dragons. They're the bad guys, remember? We have to kill them. THEY ARE THE ENEMY."

John stared at the dragon. It looked back at him. It had piercing eyes. They were a sparkling green, lime colored. It had a yellow-orange body, with red spots and stripes lining its body. Its ears were tufted with a horn protruding from the top of its head. It also had pearly white teeth that looked very sharp. A spiky ball on the tip of its tail made it look even more menacing. And the wings, they were magnificent. See-through membranes were lined with a coppery streak. John observed its characteristics, although a little to long. He came to his senses when Lyle shouted "Look out!" and saw the dragon about to chomp his head off. The dragon picked him up before he could react and started flying away with him.

Lyle saw the dragon fly away with John. He considered following, but realized the attempt would be futile. He ran back to the castle to get help. He reached Vincent first, who was staring at charts in the map room. Vincent looked up as he saw Lyle enter the room.

"What is it?" he asked. He was surprised to see Lyle, who was staring around wildly as though looking for someone.

"Wha..What?" Lyle said. He had not seen Vincent because he had been too preoccupied with finding help. "Oh, thank goodness," he sighed, relieved. He then explained to Vincent about the dragon and how John had been taken away. Vincent nodded, tilting his head in thought every now and then as if thinking very hard. When Lyle finished, Vincent ran a hand through his hair sighed.

"Thank you," he said quietly. "We will send in a rescue squad right away." Then he told a servant to contact the king as quickly as possible.

"What is the meaning of all this?" he wondered aloud. Then Katy Enell appeared.

"I know," she said. She snorted when Lyle screamed childishly.

"How did you get here?" he asked nervously. He was amazed, confused, and scared, wondering how she had appeared so suddenly.

"My cloak," she said. "It blends magical and nonmagical properties of camouflage and confusion. It's made of flewing hair, which is magical. Flewing hair makes flewings virtually invisible. And I can make it transparent and change my image into any person I have seen. It's the best cloak you could ever have."

"Woah," Lyle breathed, amazed. "Where do you get one of these?"

Katy giggled shrilly and shook her head.

"It isn't something you can just get. There are only a few dozen left in the world, because flewings are so rare. Haven't you learned about that in your knight school?"

Lyle shook his head.

"Anyways," she continued, "The meaning of all this," she waved her hand around. "The meaning of the magical creatures appearing is because Dumenthor is rising again." She paused for dramatic effect. She waited to hear his reply.

"Who is Dumenthor?" he asked. "Is he an evil person?"

"You would say so," she said. "He went out of power ages ago. I think he somehow got control of the Earth Stone." She paused again as he gasped. "I think.." she was then cut off by Lyle.

"The Earth Stone? The stone from legends, that makes the user have control over the evil creatures of the earth?" Lyle asked. She nodded patiently, and he continued. "But doesn't it say in the legend that the last user was destroyed, and the stone was lost in the Haggius Forest?"

"Dumenthor found it," she said. And we are the only ones that know that this is why all the creatures are appearing."

"What do you mean we?" Lyle said, staring at her suspiciously. "You're not part of the Watch, are you?" Katy sighed.

"Yes, I am," she said. "And, I was wondering, would you like to join the Watch to help us?" He nodded. "I think you're friends Warren and Noah could join in too." He nodded again, obviously not being able to contain his excitement, for he was grinning like a clown.

"Good, then I expect to meet again with you soon." And then she disappeared under her cloak.

"You should train too," she said under her cloak. Then, as she walked away, she muttered, "You're going to need it."

Lyle walked away. He then headed toward the cabin he and his father shared. Then, off in the woods, he heard a howl. He ran quickly towards whatever had produced it. In the clearing where John had taken off was his father, who was fighting what looked like wild dogs. But it looked like his father was losing. Even as he watched, the dogs were attacking more ferociously, for they had noticed it too. His father's strokes were becoming slower and slower, and his breath was becoming ragged. He rushed to his father's side, only to be cut off by some of the dogs. One of them jumped at him with incredible speed and slashed at him. He unsheathed his sword quickly and slashed in return. The dog just dodged it with ease.

"They're seldogs!" he shouted. “They're very fast, they attack very quickly. They also injure as fast as they can." He was interrupted by a few of them charge at him. Then he slashed back quickly, catching one of them on the leg. It howled and limped away, as another took its place. Lyle tried to imitate his father with the quick slashing movements, but failed. He was then struck down by a seldog as it rammed into him. He fell backwards, sinking into unconsciousness.

Kyso Mountain

John awoke with a dull throbbing in his head. He had tried to escape the claws of the dragon by prying at its fingers, but it whacked him on the head in return. He groaned as he sat up. Then a horrible smell hit him. It smelled like rotting meat. He then looked around. There were carcasses of creatures strewn around the floor of what seemed to be a cave. Then he realized he was in the dragon's cave, its nest. He looked around, hoping to see the elegant looking dragon again. Seeing nothing, he sighed with disappointment and sat down.

He sat for hours, watching the sun rise into the sky. He walked over to the edge of the cave. It was perched on a cliff. He felt dizzy looking down. Then he felt that throbbing sensation again. He sat down.

"I guess there's nowhere to escape," he said to himself. "Especially when I'm in this condition." He lay down on the cold uneven stone floor and fell asleep.

See more stories by sidewalk
Woah....... KA- BOOM!!!!!

Woah....... KA- BOOM!!!!! That was the sound of you blowing my mind

Posted by Galaga (Garrett) on Wed, 03/06/2013 - 15:21
Woah....... KA- BOOM!!!!!