//
Underlings chappie 6 part two ( enjoy enjoy )

Posted June 13th, 2012 by gafreeman

gafreeman's picture
by WisdomTeeth
in the observable universe

Here's chappie 9!!! PLEASE read and comment!!! ENJOY!!! Hope was preparing to leave. She packed her beaten knapsack with everything she needed to get to where she was going. She threw in some food, blankets, a candle that burned gas, and her Swiss army knife. As she picked up the knife she studied the name engraved on the side, "Fexlix Barlow" it read in silver print. The knife used to be here dad's, it saw everything from the ropes of the castle drawbridge undercover at night to the vegetables served with dinner. This knife was full of sentimental value, and Hope couldn't imagine running away with out it. She decided that it was no use staying in Yon under the Overlords wrath anymore. She didn't want to always bow down, and for once take a stand. And so she planned to walk a great distance to the outcasts, a group of rebels and nature gurus that lived on the beaches of Currineck island. They played by no rules, living free from torture as they frolicked with water sprites. Hope believed that if she made it to the island unscathed that the outcasts would take her in, letting her erase her previous life. She wanted to start from the beginning, wipe here slate clean, and forget her sister long gone. So in the dead of night, Hope creeped away from her hut of a house and on to the streets as black as the sky. Only the moonlight was there to guide her, and when the daylight shone, she would bunker down. For if anyone saw her sneaking away she could get in a heap of trouble, and she hoped that this trip would be as painless as possible. She snuck down the main road and on the grassy hills. She saw large sand dunes filled with tall grass that would conceal here from any late night watchers. She swept through the large dunes until she made her way to a beach. The tide was high and driftwood floated amount her feet as she stepped in. She carefully pulled away her outer layer of clothing revealing a skin tight suit that would have to do as she swam to the island. She sucked a deep breath in and dove into the shivering water. The water was murky and full of tiny minnows that nibbled at your feet. She gathered some floating driftwood into a makeshift raft that she tied with a string of horse hair. She knew that the island was too far away for her to freestyle all the way there, so she planned to sit on her raft and paddle instead. Although she planned for everything nature could throw at her, she did not prepare for the boredom that would come with floating to the island. She tried laying on her back, then her stomach, the her side, as she stared at the stars. She thought of how worried Lotus would be back home, and how Hunter was doing in the Overlord palace. She thought of the island she was going to, with rustling seaweed and shaking moss, tropical birds clinking to the sunrise, clinking, clinking, clinking, clinking... And soon she was fast asleep. She woke soon, after the sun had risen, her raft bumped into the shore of Currineck island. She woke with a jolt and immediately scanned her surroundings. She saw an orchard of short trees and shells littering the beach. Behind a couple rows of sand dunes was a small forest full of exotic flowers and most importantly, the outcasts. She thought she saw a bush rustle, but after dismissing it as a trick of her sleepy eyes she heaved herself into a sitting position. After chewing on the inside of a coconut, she heard a bush rustle, no, two bushes. She stood up, her fists clenched, ready to fight. Suddenly a boy and a little girl popped out of the bushes, both with bows. They pointed the bows at Hope with determination in their eyes. "stop!" the boy said loudly, "stand still or we shoot!"

See more stories by WisdomTeeth
Good chapter! I've only read

Good chapter! I've only read this one, but it seems really really good!

My recent writing contest winner! Check it out! ~ http://www.kidpub.com/story/tsunami-proluge-allycat-13-contest-212512495...

Posted by Ally on Wed, 06/13/2012 - 21:43
THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it be

THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it be nice if you could read the other chappies too

and get a better feal for the book

some key parts are in the other chapters

READ THE UNDERLINGS

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/underlings-chapter-one-it-has...

PLEASE OHOHOHOHO and COMMENT

"I'm sorry!!! *SLAM SLAM* the door seems to be *SLAM* stuck!!

Posted by The Unpopped Wa... on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 05:31
Oh no! They're gonna shoot!

Oh no! They're gonna shoot! Can't wait for more! Keep up the good work! There were a couple little grammar/spelling issues, but I'm sure if you just reread it, you'll see what I mean and change it! Then it'll be perfecto!

P.S. I love the name "Fexlix"! Totally sounds like something I would make up!

Even if the voices in my head aren't real, they still have some really good ideas!

Posted by Em on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 09:50
Thanks!!!! I thought up all

Thanks!!!!

I thought up all the names by looking at all the uncommon ones one this baby naming website, most of my favorites have been worked into this book.

READ THE UNDERLINGS
PLEASE
OHOHOHOHO
and COMMENT

Posted by The Unpopped Wa... on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 15:43
CLIFFHANGER ALLERT!!!

CLIFFHANGER ALLERT!!! *Sirenes blare* READ FOR YOUR LIFE!!! XD

This is awesome!!! You're getting these chapters out really fast, it's amazing!! I can't write nearly that fast...

~Claire~

Please read my story 'Dictionary of Thieves: Ami' (YES!!! I'm continuing this into a chapter book!): http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/dictionary-thieves-ami-prolog...

Posted by Claire on Thu, 06/14/2012 - 17:52