//
Avatar, The Last Airbender

Avatar, The Last Airbender

Posted April 9th, 2012 by Rockshadow

Rockshadow's picture
A Book Review by Xtina<3(Rockshadow)
in California

Nick
5

This TV series is AMAZING. It's about four nations, Air, Water, Earth and Fire. There are people called "benders" who can bend the element their nation is. Like, if someone was from the Fire nation, they would be able to bend fire. But not all people can bend their element.

The Fire nation has been at war with the world for 100 years. They have destroyed the Air nation, sure that the next Avatar was killed. But they are very wrong.

A waterbender named Katara and her saracastic brother Sokka join with the Avatar, and together, they set out to start a revolution against the Fire lord.

I rate this a 5, because it is a wonderfuly written, beautiful animation, and wonderfull characters. This TV show will just make you want more, and wish that you were a bender yourself. I highly recommend it. :)

See more stories by Xtina<3(Rockshadow)
OMPJ, I <3 that show! A

OMPJ, I <3 that show! A couple days ago, my sis and I did our hair up like Katara's, I had hair loopys and the braid, and my sis had Katara's Fire Nation hair style. We took pictures and stayed up till, like, midnight doing our hair like Katara's! XD If we ever go to a comic con or something, I gotta wear my hair like that.

Ack, ranting, ignore that part above.

OMPJ, great review! You covered everything without spoilers, too! >:D Good grammar, I see. lol, Sokka's hilarious. I wish I had a bro like him. XD

"It's like Aang without his arrow! Or Katara without her... hair loopys..." XDXDXDXD

~Mina

- Generation1. when you see this, post it on your sig as a sign of epykness with the next number. Social experiment.-

Posted by Konata Izumi (Mina) on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 14:18
Best Show ever any one else

Best Show ever

any one else see the "Ember Island Players"

funniest episode in the world

Posted by Pseudonym on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 14:28
I. LOVE. THAT. SHOW. I heard

I. LOVE. THAT. SHOW. I heard that they're making a new series, with different characters, but the same world.

Hey, Rockshadow, is that you in your profile picture? I'm only asking because I saw someone else with the same one.

Posted by MaryElizabeth on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 17:03
O.O Yes, that is me with my

O.O Yes, that is me with my beautiful blue mustache...

Link, please? I wanna see who this imposter is. :)

~I'M A FREAKIN' RAINBOW!~Me

Posted by Katniss Everdee... on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 19:00
It used to be Sharon (I

It used to be Sharon (I think), but I just checked, and it's not there anymore.

Posted by Mary Elizabeth on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 19:06
O.O

O.O That...is..creepy....

~I'M A FREAKIN' RAINBOW!~Me

Posted by Katniss Everdee... on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 19:08
I love this

I love this show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually cleaned my entire room just so my mom would buy me all the movies. And trust me, my room was meeeesssssssyyyyyyyy. I even had to clean the storage closets and under the bed.

"Sokka, it isn't a sneak attack if you yell it out loud."- Aang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If you can keep you head while all about you are losing theirs, it's quite possible you haven't quite grasped the situation." - Furry Logic (Book!)

"A pen is mightier than a sword if the sword is very short and the pen is very sharp." - Can't remember

Posted by Claire on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 15:13
:'D I LOVE THAT SHOW SO

:'D I LOVE THAT SHOW SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o_o Which is ironic, because when it first came out, I thought it looked boring. XD It wasn't until Season 2 started airing that I decided to watch it....and I was hooked from the start. ^_^ The first episode I ever watched was The Library......I remember being at a card party and having nothing to do, so my sister's husband's sister (:^B weird extended relationship) let me watch TV in her room. There was nothing on but that episode...so I watched it....... :D And I've been a fan ever since!

KATAANG FOREVER! *huggles Momo*

^_^ Ask me any trivia question about the show, and there's a good chance I'll be able to answer it. (FUN FACT: "Momo" means "peach" in Japanese. :D)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planet Ectroi is waiting for you...

P.S. If anyone wants to watch the first two episodes of The Legend of Korra (A:TLA's sequel!) before it airs on the 14th, go to: http://www.nick.com/videos/legend-of-korra-videos?navid=showNav

Posted by Antediluvian Canine on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 15:16
Which season did Zuko make

Which season did Zuko make friends with Ang?

KATANG FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Smooshes Ang and Katara together so they kiss* :D

"Dad didn't send us back two minutes.... HE SENT US BACK TWO HUNDRED MILLION YEARS!" "What?" "I said.. HE SENT US BACK TWO HUNDRED MILLION YEARS!!" - Jimmy And Sheen, Jimmy Neutron

Posted by Catty on Sun, 04/15/2012 - 13:26
I'm pretty sure it was

I'm pretty sure it was Season 3... 'cause that was when Aang and the gang (xD) were at the Eastern (I think?) Air Temple and Zuko came to teach Aang fire-bending.

*~ Over and Out ~*

- Lizzie! -

Posted by Thing 1/2 (Lizzie) on Sun, 04/15/2012 - 16:01
Correct! :D In Season 3

Correct! :D In Season 3 (technically called Book Three: Fire) Zuko severed all ties with the Fire Nation (including his girlfriend...I'd say, "poor girl," but Mai came back later to kick his butt for dumping her XD).

Speaking of Zuko joining Team Avatar, did anybody else freak out when Katara took Zuko aside and said that if he so much as looked at Aang wrong, she’d kill him? O.o XD I sure did.

o_o Okay…now I need to go watch that episode. XDD

My favorite part:

Zuko: Hi…uh…Zuko here! ^_^ *waves* *stumbles through this awkward speech about him being good now* So…what do you think? <:^J

Frog: o_e ?!

Zuko: x_x *gives up on trying to figure out what to say*

[later on, when he manages to find Aang and his friends]

Aang: e_e

Sokka: O_O

Katara: >:^[

Toph: *battle stance*

Zuko: o_e… Hi, uh, Zuko here! ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planet Ectroi is waiting for you...

Posted by Antediluvian Canine on Mon, 04/16/2012 - 11:00
Also, the third episode for

Also, the third episode for The Legend of Korra is on April 21st. Thank-you wikipedia! :3

Posted by Sarah (Catty) on Mon, 04/16/2012 - 18:31
Just watched the first two

Just watched the first two episodes of The Legend of Korra! I started watching TLA at the beginning of Season 3 because my brother saw an ad for it in an episode of Tak: The Power of Juju, and he started watching it and I started watching it and my mom started watching it and then my dog started watching it. I knew Tak was good for something!

Now, I've watched some of these dang episodes a billion times. I also have a whole section of Avatar GIFS in my bio.

Oh yeah, Ash, I'm Zutara.

A life part spy thriller, part action, part fantasy epic, part romance... How can a fifteen year old assassin redeem herself? Hope and Fear Prologue: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/hope-and-fear-prologue-204411...

Posted by Mistborn on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 15:40
Thank you all for

Thank you all for commenting! AND WASN'T THE FIRST TWO EPISODES AWESOME? :D :D :D I can't wait for episode three!

~I'M A FREAKIN' RAINBOW!~Me

Posted by Katniss Everdee... on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 19:01
Sadly, I can't watch it. We

Sadly, I can't watch it. We don't have dish. I'm crossing my fingers for youtubers to post it,

Posted by Sarah (Catty) on Mon, 04/16/2012 - 18:28
You can watch it for free on

You can watch it for free on the Nickelodeon site. ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planet Ectroi is waiting for you...

Posted by Antediluvian Canine on Tue, 04/17/2012 - 01:13
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :O

Also, I have a hilarious line from TLA.

Fire Soilder: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! THE CAPTAIN KNEW IT WAS MY BIRTHDAY!

Soilders: *Get thrown off ship into water*

Background Fire Soilder: Happy Birthday!

XD

Posted by Sarah (Catty) on Tue, 04/17/2012 - 14:57
Sparky Sparky Boom man +

Sparky Sparky Boom man + Katara = Best Cartoon Romance Ever

Posted by Shapeshifter on Mon, 04/09/2012 - 20:25
Sparky Sparky Boom Man +

Sparky Sparky Boom Man + Katara...? O_O *hides under bed*

Hee, I freaking love this show. I can't remember when I first saw this, but it was way back when I was in, like, 4th grade, I think. Me and all my cousins were obsessed with it. We always talked about it. xD

I actually started making an Aang puppet a while back. O_O I should find it... :D

"Friendly mushroom! FRIENDLY MUSHROOM!"

*~ Over and Out ~*

- Lizzie! -

Posted by S.H.E.E.P. (Lizzie) on Wed, 04/11/2012 - 16:49
All time best avatar

All time best avatar quote

Fire Nation Soldier-"Hey look! That lemurs earthbending!"

Sokka-"No you idiot, its the girl"

Fire Nation Soldier-"Oh, right"

Posted by Pseudonym on Mon, 04/16/2012 - 18:48
I love that part XD  "Dad

I love that part XD

Posted by Sarah (Catty) on Tue, 04/17/2012 - 14:47
XD I loved that

XD I loved that episode...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planet Ectroi is waiting for you...

Posted by Antediluvian Canine on Tue, 04/17/2012 - 22:10
What about this line?

What about this line? :3

Posted by Sarah (Catty) on Wed, 04/18/2012 - 14:08
  How can you rate such an

How can you rate such an amazing show at a low level I rate it 100000000000000000000000000000000000!!!!
Oh btw they made mini animes three of them go on you tube and you watch them just type in AVatar the last airbender mini anime 1 the for the second type in avatar the last airbender mini anime 2 and for the 3 one type avatar the last airbender mini anime3

Hope that helped!!!

Angel Beats forever what a funny and sad anime! <3

Posted by Briana on Sat, 06/30/2012 - 08:36
5 is the highest you can

5 is the highest you can go.....

~I hate to admit it to myself, I'd really hate to admit it to my friends, but... I love this show! I love ponies! ... O_o I'm a pegasister!~

Posted by The Shadow(Rock... on Sat, 06/30/2012 - 10:16