PDA

View Full Version : Osama Bin Laden Is dead!

Jack
05-02-2011, 09:38 AM
Just got the news on TV.

rachelkirsten
05-02-2011, 09:44 AM
I KNOW!! I saw it last night when the news first was heard!! Wow . . . .

In peace,
~ Mallori Sparke

P.S. But I still don't think we should be outwardly "partying". It will only make Bin Laden's supporters dislike us more.

Keegan
05-02-2011, 10:11 AM
me to i heard it last night

HappyWithADashOfBlue
05-02-2011, 10:42 AM
Finally that little disgrace to mankind is gone. God, I hate him so much, even though he's dead! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I found out on dA, but didn't believe it until I turned on the tv

ivory
05-02-2011, 05:27 PM
It's about time that we've captured this cruel being. I have no sympathy for this man because what he did to the innocent was out of the question. People like this should always be brought to justice, and killed if they must.

EmmaR
05-02-2011, 07:15 PM
I feel like I should start singing "No One Mourns the Wicked".

GabiDi
05-02-2011, 07:18 PM
I will. :3

"No one mourns the wicked,
No one cries
'They won't return!'
No one lays a lily
On their grave.

The good man scorns the wicked,
Through their lives our children learn
What you miss
When you misbehave!"

lvhamsters
05-02-2011, 07:20 PM
HES A MEANY!!! I COULD SAY WORSE!!! !@##$!&*%!*$%:eek:!!! There... I said it. Also, did you hear that over 100 hundred sled dogs were killed. Somebodies gonna dig them up to see if they were purposely killed or humanly uthenised... It's sad :(:eek:

GabiDi
05-02-2011, 07:21 PM
What?! Why the bleep would someone do that?!

wildwolf
05-02-2011, 07:24 PM
100 hundred isn't a number.

EmmaR
05-02-2011, 09:05 PM
^Uh...

I don't think we'll have any controversy about this. This is the one thing that we all agree on- OSAMA BIN LADEN GOT WHAT HE DESERVED! I mean, we have political, religious, and even lifestyle disagreements, but this man was just pure EVIL!
It's hard to feel happy about someone dying, and I don't, I just feel relieved.

SilverRipple
05-02-2011, 09:23 PM
It is indeed sad that we did kill him, it's sad that we kill anyone. But he is truly an evil person. And to those directly affected by his plot, they do have a right to be partying in the streets.

rebecca
05-03-2011, 11:45 AM
My dad got a text from some news thingy...and I thought he was making it up, but then it was on the news in this restaurant. I just couldn't believe him at first.

Ruza
05-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Bin Laden's death has brought relief to many people, but his rotting corpse will not do anything. It will not bring back the victims of 9/11, or the innocent civilians he killed in the Middle East. It will not cover up the pain he and his followers caused. Osama Bin Laden is dead now, but people should NOT be partying in the streets. Being cocky will not help anything. I understand if people are overwhelmed with happiness, but it is a safety risk: if Bin Laden's followers saw the people celebrated, they would retaliate with so much force.
I, myself, do not celebrate over anyone's death.

rebecca
05-30-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm glad he's dead so he can't do any more damage, but celebrating and partying is going too far.

SilverRipple
05-30-2011, 09:16 PM
Ruza, you just rock. Plain rock.

Ruza
06-01-2011, 06:33 PM
Ruza, you just rock. Plain rock.
Thanks, but I only stated my opinion. I know I may sound odd for feeling no emotion when this man was killed, but I just wasn't affected by his death. It doesn't really change anything.

SilverRipple
06-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I felt happy...not happy like party in the streets, but happy. And now, even more, because I went to the 9.11 memorial and museum, and that was so sad, I started crying. :P

Ruza
06-01-2011, 06:38 PM
Why do a lot of people consider 9/11 holy, sacred ground, but not other events, such as Pearl Harbor?

GabiDi
06-01-2011, 07:31 PM

I consider Pearl Harbor just as bad...I don't know. I guess, because 9/11 is more recent, and this generation is much more likely to have lost someone...?

Ruza
06-02-2011, 05:06 PM
Good answer.

Kiwara
06-02-2011, 05:47 PM

Most people who witnessed or were alive for pearl harbor aren't likely to be around these days. 9/11 is this century's pearl harbor, itd be the same or similar if we were around on December 7th 1941. Yes, good answer my friend.

Ruza
06-03-2011, 10:22 AM
So true, Kiwara.

Southriver
06-03-2011, 05:47 PM
I don't get why people are partying because he died. (I know he killed lots of people in 9/11) but does two wrongs make a right?

Kiwara
06-03-2011, 05:52 PM
No... But two rights make a left!:D

Sorry, I had to. And nice MacArthur quote.

Southriver
06-03-2011, 05:55 PM
No... But two rights make a left!:D

Thank you!!!!

But why would they make a video game about it It`s just going to tick off his followers....

De-Ecrivian
06-03-2011, 06:02 PM
I think that people have reason to celebrate. We're not celebrating revenge; killing one man, especially one who was such a scum bag (to put it nicely), will never come close to avenging the innocent people who were killed in 9/11. What is being celebrated is the fact that he won't be allowed to hurt anyone else.

And I find Pearl Harbor to be as much of a memorial area as Ground Zero; I can't speak for the American public at large...

Ruza
06-03-2011, 07:27 PM

No one is mentioning the innocent civilians killed in the Middle East. Horrible deaths have happened there to everyone, including innocent children (NOT FETUSES, JACK). Picture having to be scared every time you step out of your house...

SilverRipple
06-03-2011, 09:41 PM
Oh Kiwara, our comic relief. :)

De-Ecrivian
06-03-2011, 10:20 PM
That's a good point, Ruza. His death can't avenge their suffering either, but now he can't hurt them. More reason to be glad he's dead.

Sandy
06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
I sob uncontrollably whenever 9/11 is mentioned, even in the most casual ways. If we went down to an assembly at my school and my vice principal made a quick mention of it, I--no joke--would immediately begin to cry. I don't understand... I was just a baby at the time and I knew absolutely nothing of what happened.
Now that Bin Laden is dead... I'm not sure whether to feel happy or guilty that I'm happy. I extremely disapprove of him (I don't believe in hatred) and in a way, I am very glad that we got our "revenge," or he got his "sentence" or whatever, and I am elated to know that something like 9/11 will probably not happen again for a very long time. People have gone completely insane from losing their loved ones due to that event, and even thinking about it now...
...

SilverRipple
06-06-2011, 10:55 PM
I went to the 9/11 museum in New York...it gives you a totally new perspective...I mean, you already know how horrible it is, but this, it's devastating.

Paragraph
06-08-2011, 05:27 PM
I feel very guilty about being happy about someone's death, but, come on, he was evil.

SilverRipple
06-08-2011, 05:31 PM
That's a statement I can agree with.

Leia
06-10-2011, 07:46 PM
That's a statement I can agree with.

I'm with you.