PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if u like someone?

writer97
10-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Hello! This is a really stupid question but...
How to you know if u like someone? I'm not saying i like someone but like what are the signs? For all i know i COuLD like someone like like like someone. But does Anyone know what the signs are? Or if u have a boyfriend what were the signs that showed u liked him?

Please help!!!

Sophia-Rae
10-12-2010, 06:15 PM
For me its whenever you see that person, you heart skips a beat, you feel shaky. Or you can't help but smile.

That's how I know I am hopelessly in love

Jack <3

-- Sophie

SilverRipple
10-12-2010, 06:39 PM
Ask Rosie. :D

Bingo
10-12-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey, don't feel like it's a stupid question! Even adults can wonder whether or not they have feelings for someone.
So, you want to know if you like someone? Maybe you don't have to know. Eventually you WILL figure it out, but for now, when around this person you like, just be cool. Guys don't like girls that freak out around them. Just be their friend, hang out with them, and after a while, you'll know for sure. Give it time. Hope I helped! :)

RosiePie07
10-12-2010, 08:39 PM
Okay. I'll tell you a story instead:
Once upon a time there was a girl named Rose. Rose used to hate all males. She thought that they were the most awful, repulsive, and annoying group of creatures ever created. One summer, Rose went to acting camp, expecting to be surrounded by only gay guys, who were okay with her. But there, standing so innocently, was the most annoying of all the males, a boy named Nathan - he wasn't even gay. So Rose hated him with all her might. Finally, when the acting camp ended, she thought she would never have to deal with him again.
Later that summer, Rose switched schools to an amazing school for arts her major being Creative Writing. When she walked through the doors and into her first class, she couldn't believe what she saw, Nathan. He tried to be nice to her, but Rose wouldn't have it, she snapped at him and made him leave her alone. But it turned out he was a Creative Writer too, and he was in a bunch of her classes, so he couldn't leave her alone. A few weeks later, all the Creative Writers went to an outdoor education center for an over night writing retreat. During the retreat, Rose found that she was thinking about Nathan in a much different way than before. But she refused to believe any of it. Before they came home from the retreat, all the CW's got together and read stuff they'd written during the retreat. Rose wasn't really paying attention, but when it was Nathan's turn to read, she couldn't believe what she heard: it was the most beautiful peice of writing she'd ever heard. On the bus ride back, she thought and thought and thought about Nathan. She didn't understand it at all, but these feelings that were floating around inside of her, they were beautiful. She wanted to burst out giggling every time she saw him, she recognized how handsome he was (is), and the fantasies that her mind was putting together. All she wanted to do was be with him, and feel his skin, and hear his laugh, and see his smile. And he was all she could think about. So Rose decided she really liked him. And as it turns out, Nathan is now in the process of working up the nerve to ask Rose out. And Rose is beyond happy being in puppy love and just kinda getting impatient with Nathan, but he'll come around. ;)

Wow, I was too lazy to change the names. I just took a couple letters off of his.... Haha! Anyway, true story. :) <3

GabiDi
10-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Well........Rosie is a hopeless romantic....but that's such a sweet story! :)

SilverRipple
10-12-2010, 10:48 PM
Oh, aint she? :D :D ;)

GabiDi
10-12-2010, 10:54 PM
;):rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

RosiePie07
10-12-2010, 11:15 PM
Not hopeless....

GabiDi
10-12-2010, 11:17 PM
It's just a phrase...let's say a VERY ENTHUSIASTIC romanitic. :p

RosiePie07
10-13-2010, 08:45 AM
You would know if you met him and heard his writing....! :p

writer97
10-13-2010, 11:29 AM
Thanks everyone!!!! These comments really help!! You guys are awesome!!

EmmaR
10-13-2010, 09:34 PM
As I said in the "Boy Trouble" Thread, my school is totally out of the loop. Plus I have never had a crush, so I'm not much help.
But from my selection of friends who are boys it'll probably happen something like this. At least for me, but I'm a nerd, so interpret it however you want.

So, you're being assigned seating in Chamber Orchestra (WHOO!). You talked to this boy a couple of times, but you've never really seen anything special in him. He's in your instrument section, but you can't really hear him. You can pretty much guess what happens next. He's assigned next to you. You're kind of annoyed because your friend could also be sitting next to you but she isn't. So you look at this boy and kind of give him a cold look.
The teacher is copying some music parts for the class to learn and he says to you "Hi, I'm Andrew *for the sake of this story name him Andrew*" You say "Hey. I'm Rebecca *that's your name, right*"
The teacher has the parts and asks everyone just to play it the best they can on the first try. You're moping so you don't really listen to him. The teacher assigns what you should practice. You go home and do it.
The next day you're more cheery and have dropped the subject that your friend isn't sitting next to you. You say hi to Andrew when he sits down. You and him start up a conversation about the piece. Then the conductor tells you to go in playing position. You start the piece, and you hear the most beautiful sound coming from his instrument. After class, you talk to him. You start talking to him more often, and start to feel more comfortable around him.
And you can figure the rest out yourself.

*whoo, long post! I am a musical nerd, so, as I said up top, interpret it your own way.*
*Ha! I just realized that the guy who sits next to me in Chamber is named Andrew! Funny coincidence!*

ello.rach
10-21-2010, 09:20 PM
I totally agree with Rosie (Gosh she's so adorable!!!)
If you find yourself just incredibly happy around a guy, and all you want to do is smile at him and have him smile back and talk for hours and just BE with him, THAT'S a crush.

I shall tell my recent story.
In Access (study hall) Renay is very.....loud. So, the obnoxious teacher (who teaches spanish) moves her to an empty seat by the door. Renay is disappointed that she is moved away from her friends, but just shrugs it off. She sees a really cute boy come over, and thinks he is going to talk to her, but goes to the person behind her to ask for math advice. Renay turns around, not having noticed who sat behind her.
Her heart melted when she saw him smile at her. Renay smiled and introduced herself. He said his name was Seth and that they had the same math class.
"No way. I'm such a space cadet! I had no idea!" she said and smiled before turning back to her math homework.
A week laterish, they switched seats in math. Renay's mind was focused on the fact that the boy who always glared at her was sitting to her right. But, her heart pounded when she saw that Seth had a seat to her left!!
Now, every time Renay sees Seth, she can't help but break into an enormous smile, and tries to avoid his eyes so he doesn't figure it out. But she is still kind to him. :)
Seth has been sick all week........
True story. Different names. :) :D
Hope this kinda helped.

RosiePie07
10-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Haha! I need you now Rach, I'm confused... Aphrodite doesn't like me..
Cute story! You never told me that! :)

ello.rach
10-21-2010, 10:41 PM
Well then I will call you! :)

Leia
11-01-2010, 06:23 PM
i guess I used to like someone.... Because I always blushed when I was around him.. does that count?

GabiDi
11-01-2010, 09:12 PM
I dunno....the first crush, is sorta hard to figure out because it's just so exciting in the first place you just can't figure things out. A lot of the time, it's possible to really like a guy, think that he's nice, funny, even cute, but not actually have a crush on him.