Quantcast Earthquake - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 08-25-2011, 02:47 PM

Default Earthquake

Recently, as in two days ago, an Earthquake struck where I lived. It was only a 2.0 but still pretty big for where we live. It was really cool but really freaky at the same time. I was cleaning the bathroom when it happened and at that point, I was scrubbing the bathtub. As I was scrubbing, it looked like it moved. I thought it was broken or something and I tried to shake after it happen but it didn't budge. I thought that maybe I was going crazy and then I thought that maybe I moved and got a little dizzy or something. I continued cleaning it, didn't think much of it afterwards, and then a minute or so later my dad walks in and tells me that we just had an earthquake. At the first the cellphones weren't working but then they started working and once they did we started texting people and calling people to make sure they were okay. And thank God-they were. It wasn't big enough to do damage, thank God. But it was big enough that we could feel it, feel it a lot. That was the first ever earthquake I have ever experienced, and it was definitely an experience.

I made a mistake. I thought there was more damage in Virginia but I was wrong. Sure people lost their cars, windows broke, but it wasn't a lot of damage. I thought there was but there wasn't. Please forgive me. I just thought since it was a 5 something earthquake that it caused a lot of damage but it didn't.

Thanks for reading!
"There's no need to call me "sir" Professor."
The words had escaped him before he knew what he was saying." J.K. Rowling (Harry Potter and the half-blood prince)

Last edited by writer97; 08-25-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:48 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

I shall pray! That must've been wierd....

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 08-25-2011, 03:10 PM

Old 08-25-2011, 03:12 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

AH! MY EYES! IT BURNS! That poor lawn chair! THE WORLD IS SO CRUEL! The horror! THE HOOOORRRRROOOORRR!

/runs away crying/

Sometimes the darkest thing is but the lightest ~ The Messenger of Deliverance

Power is not in numbers but in the spirit of those that are left. ~ Malaika, Untitled Sci-Fi Story
Old 08-25-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
*sob* It's so horrible! I cannot BELIEVE how much damage that earthquake caused! I-I...my eyes BURN from the image!
Old 08-25-2011, 04:58 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Hmm... a lot of people lost their cars.

Sometimes the darkest thing is but the lightest ~ The Messenger of Deliverance

Power is not in numbers but in the spirit of those that are left. ~ Malaika, Untitled Sci-Fi Story
Old 08-25-2011, 05:18 PM

Where I live, we get, like, three earthquakes a day. But they're so small we usually can't feel them...

Anyone can get you through the door, but it's up to you whether or not you stay in the room. - I have no idea where this is from or if that's the right wording. If you know, tell me!
Old 11-01-2012, 11:54 AM

Location: Mayview MD at The Manor watching the kelpie rant about coconuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
... It's not really a laughing matter to someone who lived 20 miles from the epicenter of the earthquake (essentialy 5.8, but some say six or higher from reading in the power plant on lake anna). The entire high school was compromised, as well as T.J., and several places had to get problems fixed, such as the gym roof at T. elementary school. Also, many people had problems with their houses and some actually weren't able to live in theirs afterwards.
And plus, it affects the people. I had a phobia of thunderstorms when I was little. Now it's back, though not as bad as before, because the thunder reminds me of the earthquake. And those huge trucks thundering past? Yep, that makes me jump sometimes, too.
(ancient news, I know, but I saw it and felt the need to reply...)
Makes Us stronger

Last edited by otaku; 11-01-2012 at 11:59 AM.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:58 AM

We get earthquakes on the West Coast, but not as much in the NW. Seattle hasn't had an earthquake since 2001. I kind of remember it. I was young, so I was just really confused and eating soup. California gets a lot of earthquakes, though, and I just missed on in Eastern Washington a couple months ago (we got out before it started).
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" -Cave Johnson
Code:
#Basil 2016
Old 11-02-2012, 10:05 AM

We had one it was a 7.something but it was pretty far away so it didn't shake the house a lot but it lasted for a minute or so.

Not like the the gross kind of mud,
like you know what I mean right?
Like the cool program mud.
Anyway why are you reading this?
I mean does it mean anything?

Memorable Princess Bride Qoutes

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Tags
earthquake