Quantcast My Rant on Warriors - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
  #1  
Old 12-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Kazel Kazel is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2007
Location: In the clouds... I think....
Posts: 1,179
Default My Rant on Warriors

Alright, Warrior fans, tuck in your tails and bite your tongues, you might get angry.

MY RANT ON WARRIORS by Kazel

Alright, here it goes.

What is with the book series, Warriors now? I don't get it, I don't get it at all. Before it got all popular, I was just about the biggest Warriors fan you could find, now I feel ashamed that I own about a dozen and half Warrior books. I don't get the series at all now! I mean, when it started, it was great! It could be compared to Harry Potter! But now we're in the what..? Fourth Arc with ten million companion books. Why did it have to go on this long? If it ended with New Prophecy it might've still stayed good in my books. But now it's too confusing and Erin Hunter is pulling pointless plot twist after pointless plot twist after pointless plot twist. For example: Hollypaw. The fact that Hollyleaf wasn't even one of the three complteley makes the third arc void! It shamelessly muddles the book series even more. So now we have Dovekit or whatever the heck the new cat is, and let's face it-- WHY. Why must Hunter pull this kind of thing? I loved the first series! It was full of drama, action and cats. It was precise. It made sense. YOU COULD KEEP TRACK OF ALL THE CHARACTERS. By New Phrophecy I was having trouble keeping track of all the cats and now I have no clue who anycat is! It's terrible. Why, Erin, why?! I still have you signed books, but why must you have dragged the series out the way you have?

Bottom Line: In this case, LESS IS DEFIANTLY MORE.

On another note, I'm irratated by the fandom. It's true, I was a diehard Warriors fan (yes, I made myself cat ears, yes I had a Warriors cat and yes, I went to a book signing... I'm even mentioned in one of her tour diaries) I probably still am deep dwn, but this fandom is one of great annoyance. Since I've been spending my time on dA you can't help but run into these Warrior fans. I hate this odd shipping technique (example: cloudXbright) and I really dislike ALL THE FANART. I'm not saying other fandoms haven't got annoying fanart or anything, but there's just something about this particular fandom that really gets my tail in a knot.
__________________
>You do what you do and you try not to get killed in the process --Me.<
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 12-21-2009, 12:06 AM
Kiwara Kiwara is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.
Posts: 27,016
Default

I completely agree with you, Kazel. Completely. I thought the series was good, ending with the first, probably the second series, but all this is too crazy. I'm having trouble trying to remember the characters, or their stories if any are mentioned, and it's so drawn out! It justs keeps going. I mean, there could have been several great endings to the series, but there doesn't seem to be any in sight! All the manga and stuff that go along with it is stupid. You know if they were going to do so much, then they should have placed it as a single book, that could have easily been a thousand pages long, then you don't have to wait for the next one and so forth. This series is a classic case of the books being written not for fun, not because they like it, but because it gets them money. That's all it is. Money. Also, they pull out just about every twist they could. I mean a few twists here and there are fine, good, wanted even, but every twist you can think of, placed just as you think you understand the end, only to be thrown off balance again by another, just makes it annoying. All the relationships are hard to understand. It's not that they're complex, for which they aren't, but they're just so many you can't seem to keep up. It's just overdone in my opinion.
__________________
I was safe in my pure insanity. ~ The Utterly Perfect Murder by Ray Bradbury: August 22nd, 1920- June 5th, 2012

Sometimes the darkest thing is but the lightest ~ The Messenger of Deliverance

Power is not in numbers but in the spirit of those that are left. ~ Malaika, Untitled Sci-Fi Story
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Kazel Kazel is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2007
Location: In the clouds... I think....
Posts: 1,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwara View Post
Thank you! I'm glad somebody agrees with me. They should've gone the Tolkein route with all this extra stuff and pour it into one big encyclopedia type thing.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12-21-2009, 08:45 PM
dragongirl dragongirl is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: the Lost Light, having drinks with Whirl and Swerve
Posts: 4,769
Default

I agree also, though I'm still reading the series-I just got the newest book today. But the original series WAS the best-every series' original was the best. Generation 1 of Pokemon-the only good episodes-still like Pokemon a lot, though. Transformers Generation 1-same thing, Micheal Bay ruined it with the new junk, but I still watch it. Sorry, I like writing examples. I remember my favorite Warriors book... Book 6: The Darkest Hour. Scourge and Tigerstar were the best-Hawkfrost was too.
__________________
It's funnier in Enochian

My Super-Duper Evil Lair of Evil

"Wow, you're really not yourself, are you?
You're normally so damn cheerful I have to upset people just to restore the balance in the universe.
I'd ask what's up but--here's a secret--I don't really care."
--Whirl, Transformers: Spotlight--Trailcutter
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12-25-2009, 01:14 PM
SilverRipple SilverRipple is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where's Greyson Chance?
Posts: 17,438
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazel View Post
I agree too, though I loved the series. But this, it's just too long!
__________________
I am a Greysonator, an enChancer, and I'm in the Chance Trance.
Greyson and I are meant to be.

Do we know who REALLY started the Game signatures? <-- That's a link, to those who haven't figured it out yet.

Psst....Read Ascending. It's in my track.
and the best part? It's by my best friend, Rose.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12-25-2009, 02:13 PM
ErinMarie ErinMarie is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Closer than you think . . . hehehe
Posts: 846
Default

Haha, when you said "why, Erin, why", my first thought was "Hey what did I do?"

And I TOTALLY agree. I mean, she should have just ended it with the first series. To use a metaphor, it's like she's trying to sell you something that you've already bought.
__________________
I Come And Go By BUBBLE!!!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-19-2010, 12:04 PM
dragongirl dragongirl is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,769
Default

I want my series to be LONG. And everyone I know in my school who read Warriors and thinks the same thing as y'all do think I'm gonna end up doing it. Which I'm not. It would be impossible to copy.
Warriors fans-that are more obsessed than me, don't kill me when I ask this. How long is Firestar gonna live?!?!?! I know he has 9 lives but it's like the guy gets an extra each time he loses one!
__________________
It's funnier in Enochian

My Super-Duper Evil Lair of Evil

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
rant, warriors

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.