Quantcast Goodbye Writer's Block! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Guilds
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
Danish621 Danish621 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 1,500
Send a message via AIM to Danish621 Send a message via Yahoo to Danish621
Talking Goodbye Writer's Block!

Okay, not goodbye writers block as in, THIS writers block.

But, I've found ways to ward it off. I don't know if these are obvious already, but yeah.

MINOR WRITERS BLOCK
(Pupillus scriptor clausus)

symptoms: short time of not being able to write (Up to twenty-four-point-two-five hours), characters suddenly seeming bland, storyline suddenly out of place

Remedies: Doodle or draw, something like that. Writing a poem or a short story may help, these may give you ideas. Listen to music similar to the feel of your story: For example, if your story is dark and Gothic, listen to music of that genre. (Like Evanescence, Within Temptation) If you don't like the songs, don't try this remedy.

MAJOR WRITERS BLOCK
(Major domus scriptor clausus)

symptoms: none of the above remedies working, disability to write for over twenty-four-point-two-five hours (up to four weeks), random, unreasonable twists in plot

Remedies: If there is anyone one of the characters is similar to/based off of, talk to that person. This may remind you what your character is like. This works well with stories narrated in third-person, but perhaps a story written in first-person will work for this too: write a journal. Not like, "Dear Diary," stuff, but how YOU would write it. You're writing YOUR life, but you are pretending to be the main character in the story's setting and all. If you and the main character have major personality differences, use the character's. You may also try doing/watching/reading anything that reminds you of the story you are writing.

EPIC WRITERS BLOCK
(Epic scriptor clausus)

symptoms: writers block for a month, not wanting to write anymore, stressing out when wanting to write, et cetera.

Remedies: If you have a writers block this epic, it may be time to take a long break, or break free. Don't delete your story yet; take a break from it, long or short. You might stumble upon it when searching through your Word files, and suddenly have an idea. If all else fails, you may have to start a new story. Come back to the old one form time-to-time; this is what happened with Chasing Bethaney. Another option is to rewrite the story, maybe with a new character or from a new point-of-view or with all different personalities. This is what happened with CB too.

Hope this helps, guys!

And we're done with another episode of Diagnosis from Dr. Dana! *chortle*
__________________
"Those who break the rules are scum, that's true, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum." -Kakashi Hatake, Naruto

Have a grape day.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Rachel Rachel is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Strawberry fields. Where nothing is real.
Posts: 4,018
Default

This is going to help me a lot... Thanks for posting it!
__________________
Live and let die.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-13-2009, 06:44 PM
special special is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: this place, right here
Posts: 344
Default

Lol, you're so funny. Good advice, though!
__________________
~Mackenzie was here!~
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-22-2011, 12:35 PM
SilverRipple SilverRipple is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where's Greyson Chance?
Posts: 17,438
Default

This was funny!! :3 Thanks for the advice!
__________________
I am a Greysonator, an enChancer, and I'm in the Chance Trance.
Greyson and I are meant to be.

Do we know who REALLY started the Game signatures? <-- That's a link, to those who haven't figured it out yet.

Psst....Read Ascending. It's in my track.
and the best part? It's by my best friend, Rose.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-22-2011, 02:58 PM
EmmaR EmmaR is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In two places at once while not anywhere at all
Posts: 6,636
Default

Thank you!
I had Epic Writer's Block for, like, 5 months. IT TOTALLY SUCKED!
__________________
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" -Cave Johnson
Code:
#Basil 2016
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
remedies, story, writers block, writing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.