Quantcast Religon - Page 230 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
  #2291  
Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 PM
MaryElizabeth MaryElizabeth is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFyvS...feature=relmfu

This is a really awesome video, for atheists and religious alike. Please watch it.
I got annoyed by it halfway through.
__________________
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Reply With Quote
  #2292  
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM
Leia Leia is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Why do you want to know? STALKER!
Posts: 2,588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
I got annoyed by it halfway through.
It was sometimes annoying, I'll give it that. But it did have a good message.
__________________
"You've gotta KICK IT UP A NOTCH if you ever wanna reach your goal."

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Reply With Quote
  #2293  
Old 05-15-2012, 07:45 PM
Cherrybomb Cherrybomb is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 2,433
Default

I find it ironic, how our school says that they're not religious in terms. Yet in our school books, there's a whole section in literature for the bible. In history, we study Christianity intensely, and dabble a lesson in other religions. I mean seriously, that's just..........not right. It's not even a private school, or a religious school. :P Hope I said that right.
__________________
is it
because of you
i am
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Reply With Quote
  #2294  
Old 05-15-2012, 07:49 PM
meerkat meerkat is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: I'm right in front of you! Can you see me? Oh, I forgot, I just turned invisible.
Posts: 3,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybomb View Post
Yeah, we have to learn about *modern* religions in school! And it's a *public* school!
__________________
MEERA
(^..^) I'm a cat!

this is the last night you'll spend alone

i'll wrap you in my arms and i won't let go
i'm everything you need me to be

~*hey listen you are amazing and the world does not hate you*~
Reply With Quote
  #2295  
Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 PM
MaryElizabeth MaryElizabeth is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: MI
Posts: 5,739
Default

Quote:
And there's a whole section on ancient times. Unless they're telling you that God is the most wonderful thing in the world, I don't see a problem with learning about any religion. It's just knowledge.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2296  
Old 05-15-2012, 08:55 PM
Ruza Ruza is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there
Posts: 2,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post

He's really lame. And apology not accepted.
__________________
The woods are lovely, dark, and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Reply With Quote
  #2297  
Old 05-16-2012, 03:36 AM
LaurenM LaurenM is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: omnipresence
Posts: 6,913
Default

It was infuriatingly annoying.
Today my classmate cursed me to hell and I told her, "I can't go to hell because I don't believe in God and heaven and hell, and I can't go to a place that I don't believe in. I'm an atheist." And she was really shocked. Prejudiced...
And we had our RME (religious moral education) test today and the last question annoyed me. It was 'When pain is inflicted on you, what will you do to become God's good little girl?" *eyeroll* I gave an unreligious answer and I won't give one that includes praying even I think it's mandatory.
Reply With Quote
  #2298  
Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 AM
nngo nngo is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: You choose.
Posts: 4,869
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
It was infuriatingly annoying.
That's what I would do as well. Probably write down an answer like, "I'll deal with it, like how you're supposed to deal with problems. I won't waste God's time on myself, because apparently, you say I'll go to hell anyways." Pssh. I hate those sort of questions.
Reply With Quote
  #2299  
Old 05-16-2012, 07:53 PM
Cherrybomb Cherrybomb is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2011
Location: Location: Location: Location:
Posts: 2,433
Default

Quote:
That cheered me up, to look at it all differently. (:
__________________
is it
because of you
i am
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Reply With Quote
  #2300  
Old 05-19-2012, 02:06 PM
Mistborn Mistborn is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Edolas
Posts: 669
Default

At my school, we spend the least amount of time in religion as possible. I go to a public school, where about 80% of the kids identify as Christian (I wonder by who's definition of Christianity, though) and about ten percent say they are athiest. In our textbooks, we have two pages devoted to all the major religions.
Last year, our teacher had us stay on religion for nearly a week. Not a good choice. We got into a huge fight, because one kid said he was Jewish and Athiest, and we were arguing over stereotypes, like all Muslims are terrorists (false) and all Mormons are polygamist (false).

I find it interesting to study different religions. Do you know Islam worships our same God, but just believes that Mohommad was the prophet? (I think, not entirely sure.) The whole concept of karma and reincarnation is interesting in Hinduism, as well as the Greek gods. As a fantasy writer, it is quite necessary to research other religions. For example, my current story's religion is based loosely off of the three major gods in Greek Mythology.
__________________
i
will never be afraid again
i
will keep on fighting till the end
i
can walk on water
i
can fly
i
will keep on fighting till
i
die
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
*god is love; all who liv, .baha poppycock, .e in love live in god :), argument, demon cat, fights, god is love, god is my life..., god-love? jeez, godhasasenseofhumor, havenogodbesideshim<3, i hate cath. scool, i hate your fish, i love you, ifgodisn'treal, lidijaworshipsswears, lol god aint real, love, mama we all go to hell, mamaweallgotohell;), religion, there is only 1 god, twinkies, withouthimihavenothing

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.