Quantcast Religon - Page 230 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 05-15-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFyvS...feature=relmfu

This is a really awesome video, for atheists and religious alike. Please watch it.
I got annoyed by it halfway through.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 05-15-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
I got annoyed by it halfway through.
It was sometimes annoying, I'll give it that. But it did have a good message.

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Old 05-15-2012, 07:45 PM

I find it ironic, how our school says that they're not religious in terms. Yet in our school books, there's a whole section in literature for the bible. In history, we study Christianity intensely, and dabble a lesson in other religions. I mean seriously, that's just..........not right. It's not even a private school, or a religious school. :P Hope I said that right.
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 05-15-2012, 07:49 PM

Location: I'm right in front of you! Can you see me? Oh, I forgot, I just turned invisible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybomb View Post
I find it ironic, how our school says that they're not religious in terms. Yet in our school books, there's a whole section in literature for the bible. In history, we study Christianity intensely, and dabble a lesson in other religions. I mean seriously, that's just..........not right. It's not even a private school, or a religious school. :P Hope I said that right.
Yeah, we have to learn about *modern* religions in school! And it's a *public* school!

this is the last night you'll spend alone

i'll wrap you in my arms and i won't let go
i'm everything you need me to be

~*hey listen you are amazing and the world does not hate you*~
Old 05-15-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrybomb View Post
And there's a whole section on ancient times. Unless they're telling you that God is the most wonderful thing in the world, I don't see a problem with learning about any religion. It's just knowledge.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 05-15-2012, 08:55 PM

Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFyvS...feature=relmfu

This is a really awesome video, for atheists and religious alike. Please watch it.
He's really lame. And apology not accepted.
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Old 05-16-2012, 03:36 AM

It was infuriatingly annoying.
Today my classmate cursed me to hell and I told her, "I can't go to hell because I don't believe in God and heaven and hell, and I can't go to a place that I don't believe in. I'm an atheist." And she was really shocked. Prejudiced...
And we had our RME (religious moral education) test today and the last question annoyed me. It was 'When pain is inflicted on you, what will you do to become God's good little girl?" *eyeroll* I gave an unreligious answer and I won't give one that includes praying even I think it's mandatory.
Old 05-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
It was infuriatingly annoying.
Today my classmate cursed me to hell and I told her, "I can't go to hell because I don't believe in God and heaven and hell, and I can't go to a place that I don't believe in. I'm an atheist." And she was really shocked. Prejudiced...
And we had our RME (religious moral education) test today and the last question annoyed me. It was 'When pain is inflicted on you, what will you do to become God's good little girl?" *eyeroll* I gave an unreligious answer and I won't give one that includes praying even I think it's mandatory.
That's what I would do as well. Probably write down an answer like, "I'll deal with it, like how you're supposed to deal with problems. I won't waste God's time on myself, because apparently, you say I'll go to hell anyways." Pssh. I hate those sort of questions.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
And there's a whole section on ancient times. Unless they're telling you that God is the most wonderful thing in the world, I don't see a problem with learning about any religion. It's just knowledge.
That cheered me up, to look at it all differently. (:
finally
free

or is this
just a prettier
cage?
Old 05-19-2012, 02:06 PM

At my school, we spend the least amount of time in religion as possible. I go to a public school, where about 80% of the kids identify as Christian (I wonder by who's definition of Christianity, though) and about ten percent say they are athiest. In our textbooks, we have two pages devoted to all the major religions.
Last year, our teacher had us stay on religion for nearly a week. Not a good choice. We got into a huge fight, because one kid said he was Jewish and Athiest, and we were arguing over stereotypes, like all Muslims are terrorists (false) and all Mormons are polygamist (false).

I find it interesting to study different religions. Do you know Islam worships our same God, but just believes that Mohommad was the prophet? (I think, not entirely sure.) The whole concept of karma and reincarnation is interesting in Hinduism, as well as the Greek gods. As a fantasy writer, it is quite necessary to research other religions. For example, my current story's religion is based loosely off of the three major gods in Greek Mythology.
will keep on fighting till the end
i
can walk on water
i
can fly
i
will keep on fighting till
i
die

Tags
*god is love; all who liv, .baha poppycock, .e in love live in god :), argument, demon cat, fights, god is love, god is my life..., god-love? jeez, godhasasenseofhumor, havenogodbesideshim<3, i hate cath. scool, i hate your fish, i love you, ifgodisn'treal, lidijaworshipsswears, lol god aint real, love, mama we all go to hell, mamaweallgotohell;), religion, there is only 1 god, twinkies, withouthimihavenothing