Quantcast Would this be too similar to anything? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2010, 06:52 PM

Location: Under my bed, searching for the monster called sanity.
Default Would this be too similar to anything?

Sooo... I have been writing a currently untitled book about a group of teenagers with either Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Aerokinesis, or Chlorokinesis.
I know, the whole Fire (Pyrokinesis), Water (Hydrokinesis), Air (Aerokinesis), and Plant Life (Chlorokinesis) thing might sound a bit cliche, and like elements, but just with different names. Kinesis is a bit different from Elements. A Kinesis can create their element with their body and controll it. An Element can only controll their element.
Another thing, is they go to school to learn how to controll their Kinesis. I know, also cliche. In my book, there aren't any epic adventures or anything, just smaller school adventures and mishaps.
This was origionally a story from last year, when I was writing about what would happen if me and my friends had an element and learned how to controll it. I changed it a lot (changed the characters, made the plot more complex, changed the powers, stuff like that) and got this.
Would anyone not be okay with me posting it?