Quantcast Would this be too similar to anything? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 12-27-2010, 06:52 PM
Bree Bree is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Under my bed, searching for the monster called sanity.
Posts: 654
Default Would this be too similar to anything?

Sooo... I have been writing a currently untitled book about a group of teenagers with either Pyrokinesis, Hydrokinesis, Aerokinesis, or Chlorokinesis.
I know, the whole Fire (Pyrokinesis), Water (Hydrokinesis), Air (Aerokinesis), and Plant Life (Chlorokinesis) thing might sound a bit cliche, and like elements, but just with different names. Kinesis is a bit different from Elements. A Kinesis can create their element with their body and controll it. An Element can only controll their element.
Another thing, is they go to school to learn how to controll their Kinesis. I know, also cliche. In my book, there aren't any epic adventures or anything, just smaller school adventures and mishaps.
This was origionally a story from last year, when I was writing about what would happen if me and my friends had an element and learned how to controll it. I changed it a lot (changed the characters, made the plot more complex, changed the powers, stuff like that) and got this.
Would anyone not be okay with me posting it?
__________________
Kelly *my cousin*: I want the Percy Jackson books for my birthday!
My Dad: Okay! I'll just put a bow on Bree's head put, her in a box and send her to you!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.