Quantcast Kidmud Programming Help - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidMUD
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Carissa Carissa is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Not at school!!! :)
Posts: 132
Default Kidmud Programming Help

Okay, so this is where we can ask questions about programming on kidmud, or help others.
So, what I really need help with right now is controlling noises. I programmed on some stuff because Marie Lynn helped me, but now I completely forgot everything she taught me!
__________________
Some people say that guns don't kill people, but people kill people. Well, I think that guns help. If you stood there and yelled "BANG!" I don't think you'd kill too many people.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-29-2008, 01:46 PM
Danish621 Danish621 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 1,500
Send a message via AIM to Danish621 Send a message via Yahoo to Danish621
Default

You can make noises?! Wait oh yeah. In that place, but what place? Anyways, I really think there should be a way to fix typos. I mean, there's a backspace button and all, but the typos show when you talk or do something.
__________________
"Those who break the rules are scum, that's true, but those who abandon their comrades are worse than scum." -Kakashi Hatake, Naruto

Have a grape day.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-30-2008, 01:55 PM
Carissa Carissa is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Not at school!!! :)
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish621 View Post
Do you use Mushclient?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-30-2008, 02:11 PM
Danish621 Danish621 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 1,500
Default

No. Can you fix typos with that?
__________________

Have a grape day.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-30-2008, 02:28 PM
Carissa Carissa is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Not at school!!! :)
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
No. Can you fix typos with that?
Um, well it's easier to use. You type in this box on the bottom, so you can fix the whole thing before you hit 'enter'.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-30-2008, 04:41 PM
Danish621 Danish621 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 1,500
Default

Cool! I'll use it.
__________________

Have a grape day.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12-01-2008, 05:13 AM
Neb503 Neb503 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the arms of happyness
Posts: 614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa View Post
yeah. she's really good at kidmud. she can make things happen without using her name. I have to put something like "locien loooks in awe as the sky turns black" but she can just go "the dark sky lets loose a streak of thunder" and I was like "ompj. how do u do that?!?!" bo u need mushclient or whatever?
__________________
wonderfully really-hot-amazingly-beautiful-super-ultra-tasty Ben just posted! *hugs* for you.
I see the world with a song, a grin and a dance that you can't do without laughing.
Poetry is like music... with less notes and more words. "The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with." I am the Bear of Hugs!!!!! *hugs*
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Carissa Carissa is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Not at school!!! :)
Posts: 132
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neb503 View Post
Um, no. You can use the backdoor or whatever you're using right now. It's just that Marie Lynn is an awesome programmer (and an excellent writer, I might add) and she knows almost as much as Perry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-02-2009, 02:32 AM
haileybear haileybear is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Cali!!!
Posts: 143
Question KidMud

I just got a KidMUD account and I'm having trouble leaving the living room.I looked at how to exit but,I tried doing what the guide said and got confused maybe somebody can try to instruct me again?

Thank You!
Hailey
__________________
Clary:"Do you have to be so-?,"
Jace:"Unpleasant?Only on days when my adoptive mother tosses me out of the house with instructions to never to darken her door again.Normally,I'm remarkably good-natured.Try me on any day that doesn't end in y.,".

City of Ashes-Cassandra Clare-One of my fave series EVER!Gotta love Jace!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-02-2009, 09:04 AM
Neb503 Neb503 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the arms of happyness
Posts: 614
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carissa View Post
Ah. I see. Where can I learn?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:54 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.