Quantcast Perry Most Amazing Idea Ever!!! Please Click Here Now!! *scream* It's So Awesome!!!! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Questions, Answers, Suggestions
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Neb503 Neb503 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the arms of happyness
Posts: 614
Talking Perry Most Amazing Idea Ever!!! Please Click Here Now!! *scream* It's So Awesome!!!!

this is also on the notes pages.

I sometimes worry if I'm too old for kidpub, and when I will be. I really don't want to be an old kid on a young kids website. some of you are older than me... but I do get worried. then I had an idea.
perry... why not make a twin site for kidpub. this one for older kids. something like "teenpub" or whatever... and when you thought it was time... you could transfer over your kidpub account. all your old stories and your bio etc would be on your account. yeah? if you did this, you would get kidpubbiens staying longer... and more from the older audience. what do you think?
__________________
wonderfully really-hot-amazingly-beautiful-super-ultra-tasty Ben just posted! *hugs* for you.
I see the world with a song, a grin and a dance that you can't do without laughing.
Poetry is like music... with less notes and more words. "The pen is mightier than the sword, and considerably easier to write with." I am the Bear of Hugs!!!!! *hugs*
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-28-2009, 07:10 PM
iluvsports11 iluvsports11 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Jupiter *sigh*
Posts: 206
Default

There is one, its called teen-author.com

But its not as good, and it attracts a WAY different audience. Very emo and kinda strange and adult. Plus, it only has like 8 members. Sooo.... Eventually, people kinda leave kidpub. But I don't think you're too old, yet. Its not like you leave all at once.
__________________
The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice.

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
perryd perryd is offline
Administrator

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 84
Default

Teen Author is brought to you by...drum roll...the folks at KidPub!

It hasn't ever really taken off. There are in fact eight members and the site is definitely very dark. It gets about 4 to 5 visitors a day, compared to KidPub, which sees around 1,000 visitors on an average day.

We launched it to give some of the older KidPub members a place to post more mature stories. One of these days we'll do a complete redesign, brighten it up, and give it another go. I think once you hit 16 or 17 there's just too much other stuff happening in life, and posting stories falls by the wayside.

Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsports11 View Post

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-29-2009, 02:56 AM
Neb503 Neb503 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the arms of happyness
Posts: 614
Default

ok! that sounds cool. but i have no plans to leave yet. can you use your kidpub account on it?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-29-2009, 02:58 AM
Neb503 Neb503 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the arms of happyness
Posts: 614
Default

just been on it. it is very dark... mm.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-30-2009, 12:15 AM
Lauren Lauren is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Land of Oz.
Posts: 683
Default

I know. It's EXTREMELY dark. Cass and I were on it last night, as guests of course, and there were two members on there that loked like they needed serious help...SERIOUS help. Like, worse than emo.

*shudders*

I'm staying at KP. Definitely.
__________________
I'd rather forget and not slow down, than gather regret for the things I can't change now
~Relient K
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-30-2009, 08:21 AM
perryd perryd is offline
Administrator

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 84
Default

Yes, it seems to have turned into a personal therapy site for one user.

One of these days we'll go in and turn on the lights and promote TA as much as we do KidPub. Opening up our publishing program to an older teen audience makes sense.

Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post

*shudders*

I'm staying at KP. Definitely.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 AM
Elfin-Maiden Elfin-Maiden is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wish Land
Posts: 1,079
Default

Yeah... I think I'll stay here for now... Somehow I get the premonition my optimism wouldn't be welcome there...

But I do like the layout.
__________________
Do you have lee-sonce for your min-key? -Pink Panther
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
iluvsports11 iluvsports11 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Jupiter *sigh*
Posts: 206
Default

Yeah, I like the whole blog thing.... Maybe we could do that on kp? Like off of the bio page?
__________________

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-30-2009, 03:24 PM
Neb503 Neb503 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: In the arms of happyness
Posts: 614
Default

yeah. kidpub blogs would be fun. but would they appear on the new stories page, or would there be a new blogs page?
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
awesome, cool, idea, teenpub, yeah!!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.