Quantcast Perry Most Amazing Idea Ever!!! Please Click Here Now!! *scream* It's So Awesome!!!! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Questions, Answers, Suggestions
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-28-2009, 11:18 AM

Talking Perry Most Amazing Idea Ever!!! Please Click Here Now!! *scream* It's So Awesome!!!!

this is also on the notes pages.

I sometimes worry if I'm too old for kidpub, and when I will be. I really don't want to be an old kid on a young kids website. some of you are older than me... but I do get worried. then I had an idea.
perry... why not make a twin site for kidpub. this one for older kids. something like "teenpub" or whatever... and when you thought it was time... you could transfer over your kidpub account. all your old stories and your bio etc would be on your account. yeah? if you did this, you would get kidpubbiens staying longer... and more from the older audience. what do you think?
Old 01-28-2009, 07:10 PM

There is one, its called teen-author.com

But its not as good, and it attracts a WAY different audience. Very emo and kinda strange and adult. Plus, it only has like 8 members. Sooo.... Eventually, people kinda leave kidpub. But I don't think you're too old, yet. Its not like you leave all at once.

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Teen Author is brought to you by...drum roll...the folks at KidPub!

It hasn't ever really taken off. There are in fact eight members and the site is definitely very dark. It gets about 4 to 5 visitors a day, compared to KidPub, which sees around 1,000 visitors on an average day.

We launched it to give some of the older KidPub members a place to post more mature stories. One of these days we'll do a complete redesign, brighten it up, and give it another go. I think once you hit 16 or 17 there's just too much other stuff happening in life, and posting stories falls by the wayside.

Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvsports11 View Post
There is one, its called teen-author.com

But its not as good, and it attracts a WAY different audience. Very emo and kinda strange and adult. Plus, it only has like 8 members. Sooo.... Eventually, people kinda leave kidpub. But I don't think you're too old, yet. Its not like you leave all at once.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:56 AM

ok! that sounds cool. but i have no plans to leave yet. can you use your kidpub account on it?
Old 01-29-2009, 02:58 AM

just been on it. it is very dark... mm.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:15 AM

I know. It's EXTREMELY dark. Cass and I were on it last night, as guests of course, and there were two members on there that loked like they needed serious help...SERIOUS help. Like, worse than emo.

*shudders*

I'm staying at KP. Definitely.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Yes, it seems to have turned into a personal therapy site for one user.

One of these days we'll go in and turn on the lights and promote TA as much as we do KidPub. Opening up our publishing program to an older teen audience makes sense.

Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
I know. It's EXTREMELY dark. Cass and I were on it last night, as guests of course, and there were two members on there that loked like they needed serious help...SERIOUS help. Like, worse than emo.

*shudders*

I'm staying at KP. Definitely.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:45 AM

Yeah... I think I'll stay here for now... Somehow I get the premonition my optimism wouldn't be welcome there...

But I do like the layout.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:04 PM

Yeah, I like the whole blog thing.... Maybe we could do that on kp? Like off of the bio page?

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 01-30-2009, 03:24 PM

yeah. kidpub blogs would be fun. but would they appear on the new stories page, or would there be a new blogs page?

Tags
awesome, cool, idea, teenpub, yeah!!