Quantcast If anyone cares, I'm moving and I need help. - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-23-2012, 08:26 PM
SeptemberLove SeptemberLove is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: interwebz
Posts: 1,785
Default If anyone cares, I'm moving and I need help.

No one on AN cares so I thought I'd try here. I'm not back, but I need your advice. Thanks.

To stay updated click here...

Quote:
Life is really messed up.
A few weeks ago my parents informed my older brother Derek and I that we were going to be moving again. It isn't going to be a big move, just a school switch. I'll still be able to go to the library with Malak after school every now and then.
But Derek? He isn't really moving. See, he's in high school; 9th grade, and we'd still be at the high school. I'd have to switch middle schools though, since I'm only in 6th grade. He's actually glad were moving, because I'll admit, it's a pretty awesome house with huge rooms and a creepy Coraline door. I think it would be fun living there, but I'll miss Malak and my soccer team, my girl scout troop, so many people.
Our house now we're only renting. I moved to this district in 5th grade, just a year ago. we were experimenting with Naperville to see if we liked it and didn't buy a house. since we found out we did like it, we were now buying a house. The way our contract is set up though, I might have to go to my new middle school for the last six weeks of THIS school year and not even finish here!
I tell Malak about this and she's equally upset, if not more, which I thought was impossible. She told her mom about how I might have to go to the new school for the last six weeks and her mom actually offered to have me stay over. Six weeks? My dad is not agreeing to that, ever. But maybe a day here and there and the other days I'll get driven, if possible.
So after telling Malak and getting psyched that we may be able to be like roommates or something (even though we both knew it would be too good to be true), I'm walking into school one day talking about it. I have to go put my Viola in the orchestra locker room. It's always hectic and packed in there, people end up screaming - no joke.
I walk into the tight space and try to squeeze my way through all the annoyed people to my locker. When I find it, I stick my case in, take off my coat and push it in (it'll jam my normal locker if I try to fit it in there), and unzip my backpack. Then, trying to hurry as Malak is getting impatient, I pull out my Orchestra binder and also put it in. Done. I'm yelling as I run out, and gasp for air.
"Claustrophobic, much?" I can almost hear Malak saying in my head. But instead she's talking to Maddie Feely about how cool it would be if I got to live in her basement with her.
"Why would she live in your basement?" Maddie asks.
"Oh, Amy's moving, and she might have to go to her new school for the last six weeks of this year so, yeah..."
Well said, Malak. "You ARE?" Maddie gasped. I can tell she doesn't care too much, since she's an almost-popular, she just wants to seem like a good friend, but I go along with it.
"Yeah," I say, sort of pouting. "I'm gonna miss you."
The three of us get a move on upstairs before we're late for 1st period.
~~~
By the time 2nd period is over, all of Mrs. Davenport's Language Arts Block class knows that I'm moving. Thanks, Maddie. Now I seem like a real attention-whore and everyone knows and is fake gushing over me because I hate them all, and they hate me too.
Yes, I said I would miss a lot of people, but whoever decides who's in what classes hates me, because I have no classes with any of my friends. Only classes with a bunch of donkeys who think I'm a loser which I probably am.
Anything else to ruin my day? "Come at me bro," I mutter to the world as the bell rings for 3rd period.
Come at me.
I know, it's in a story format, but you guys get the picture?
__________________
you're not even punk rock omg

i post what my nipples want
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 AM
EmmaR EmmaR is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In two places at once while not anywhere at all
Posts: 6,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberLove View Post

To stay updated click here...

That sounds rough. I've never moved, but I have friend's that have moved in the middle of the school year.
__________________
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" -Cave Johnson
Code:
#Basil 2016
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-24-2012, 02:41 AM
chelseki3 chelseki3 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2010
Location: O_e
Posts: 3,451
Send a message via Skype™ to chelseki3
Default

You're moving? Wow. You are really strong, Amy. *hugs* Now, what's the matter, what do you need help for?
__________________
Smile, you don't own all the problems in the world.
Don't compare you life to others-you have no idea what their journey is all about.
What others think of you is none of your business.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 AM
LaurenM LaurenM is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Derse.
Posts: 6,763
Default

I'd hate moving. I love my home. One of my classmates moved to Holland in Primary 1 and moved back in Primary 5
__________________
And you don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

I'd put 'my nipples post what I want' but that's a way too graphic image and therefore I'm stuck with this.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:33 PM
MandM MandM is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mobius, of course.
Posts: 939
Default

I really don't mean to sound mean or anything, but have you ever lived in 7 states in the USA? Have you moved to a new place every 2-4 years? Are you constantly being driven over 1600 miles to a new home every few months? I didn't think so... again, I hate to sound mean, but be thankful you aren't me. I've never lived somewhere longer 5 years. Lucky you, honestly. :')
__________________
To: You-Who-Is-Reading-This; I think you're brilliant. From, Mina.
<"/ c"|
^
C'mon, Ferb!
We all ought to invite our friends to enjoy the beauty we dizcover in Life... Oops, I spelled discover with a Z ^_^'
GENERATION 8~ When you first see this, add one to the Generation and paste it on your sig as a sign of epicness. Social experiment!~
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-24-2012, 08:52 PM
HaleyJ HaleyJ is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Somwhere over the rainbow
Posts: 1,618
Default

@ MandM Same here. But I don't really care that much. I have never lived a house for more then 3 years.
__________________
~It's never to late to dream~
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 AM
MandM MandM is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mobius, of course.
Posts: 939
Default

Do you have a close family member in the military or something? That how mine is, it feels good to know there's someone in my moving-away situation. Haley, you don't know how much you just brightened my day. :')
__________________
<"/ c"|
^
C'mon, Ferb!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 PM
SeptemberLove SeptemberLove is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: interwebz
Posts: 1,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM View Post
I didn't ask for you to make me feel selfish. I asked for advice. But thanks a lot.
__________________
you're not even punk rock omg

i post what my nipples want
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-25-2012, 01:10 PM
SeptemberLove SeptemberLove is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: interwebz
Posts: 1,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseki3 View Post
How do I make friends again? I moved to a new elementary last year, 5th grade. Now 6th grade I'm moving to a new middle school. I have one friend. How am I supposed to know that the people at my new school aren't a bunch of turkeys?
__________________
you're not even punk rock omg

i post what my nipples want
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 PM
Dubloon Dubloon is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: noorsaar
Posts: 586
Default

"Authors are strong enough to face their problems head on; and that is our history. You are a wonderful person, and even though I don't know you, I understand you"

Crap, I was almost going to write the thing above until I realized how a freaking lie it is. Not that you aren't strong; you are, but that I almost dehumanized myself from you as if I was speaking to a third grader (I'm really just a year older than you.) I would be annoyed by the above comment I almost made, so I guess that says a lot about me.

But anyway; Just never give up *or whatever.* I know it is a hugely chiche term and you may think it does not apply to your current struggle, but it applies to everything. I think "Keep being your own being" is more accurate though.
__________________
"There is no dark side of the moon. It's actually all dark."–Pink Floyd
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
i hate life, i wish i were you, like sucks, moving, new school, welp

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.