Quantcast If anyone cares, I'm moving and I need help. - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 08:26 PM

Default If anyone cares, I'm moving and I need help.

No one on AN cares so I thought I'd try here. I'm not back, but I need your advice. Thanks.

To stay updated click here...

Quote:
Life is really messed up.
A few weeks ago my parents informed my older brother Derek and I that we were going to be moving again. It isn't going to be a big move, just a school switch. I'll still be able to go to the library with Malak after school every now and then.
But Derek? He isn't really moving. See, he's in high school; 9th grade, and we'd still be at the high school. I'd have to switch middle schools though, since I'm only in 6th grade. He's actually glad were moving, because I'll admit, it's a pretty awesome house with huge rooms and a creepy Coraline door. I think it would be fun living there, but I'll miss Malak and my soccer team, my girl scout troop, so many people.
Our house now we're only renting. I moved to this district in 5th grade, just a year ago. we were experimenting with Naperville to see if we liked it and didn't buy a house. since we found out we did like it, we were now buying a house. The way our contract is set up though, I might have to go to my new middle school for the last six weeks of THIS school year and not even finish here!
I tell Malak about this and she's equally upset, if not more, which I thought was impossible. She told her mom about how I might have to go to the new school for the last six weeks and her mom actually offered to have me stay over. Six weeks? My dad is not agreeing to that, ever. But maybe a day here and there and the other days I'll get driven, if possible.
So after telling Malak and getting psyched that we may be able to be like roommates or something (even though we both knew it would be too good to be true), I'm walking into school one day talking about it. I have to go put my Viola in the orchestra locker room. It's always hectic and packed in there, people end up screaming - no joke.
I walk into the tight space and try to squeeze my way through all the annoyed people to my locker. When I find it, I stick my case in, take off my coat and push it in (it'll jam my normal locker if I try to fit it in there), and unzip my backpack. Then, trying to hurry as Malak is getting impatient, I pull out my Orchestra binder and also put it in. Done. I'm yelling as I run out, and gasp for air.
"Claustrophobic, much?" I can almost hear Malak saying in my head. But instead she's talking to Maddie Feely about how cool it would be if I got to live in her basement with her.
"Why would she live in your basement?" Maddie asks.
"Oh, Amy's moving, and she might have to go to her new school for the last six weeks of this year so, yeah..."
Well said, Malak. "You ARE?" Maddie gasped. I can tell she doesn't care too much, since she's an almost-popular, she just wants to seem like a good friend, but I go along with it.
"Yeah," I say, sort of pouting. "I'm gonna miss you."
The three of us get a move on upstairs before we're late for 1st period.
~~~
By the time 2nd period is over, all of Mrs. Davenport's Language Arts Block class knows that I'm moving. Thanks, Maddie. Now I seem like a real attention-whore and everyone knows and is fake gushing over me because I hate them all, and they hate me too.
Yes, I said I would miss a lot of people, but whoever decides who's in what classes hates me, because I have no classes with any of my friends. Only classes with a bunch of donkeys who think I'm a loser which I probably am.
Anything else to ruin my day? "Come at me bro," I mutter to the world as the bell rings for 3rd period.
Come at me.
I know, it's in a story format, but you guys get the picture?

i post what my nipples want
Old 02-24-2012, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberLove View Post
No one on AN cares so I thought I'd try here. I'm not back, but I need your advice. Thanks.

To stay updated click here...

I know, it's in a story format, but you guys get the picture?
That sounds rough. I've never moved, but I have friend's that have moved in the middle of the school year.
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What the hell are these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" -Cave Johnson
Code:
#Basil 2016
Old 02-24-2012, 02:41 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to chelseki3

You're moving? Wow. You are really strong, Amy. *hugs* Now, what's the matter, what do you need help for?
Old 02-24-2012, 02:57 AM

I'd hate moving. I love my home. One of my classmates moved to Holland in Primary 1 and moved back in Primary 5

I'd put 'my nipples post what I want' but that's a way too graphic image and therefore I'm stuck with this.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:33 PM

I really don't mean to sound mean or anything, but have you ever lived in 7 states in the USA? Have you moved to a new place every 2-4 years? Are you constantly being driven over 1600 miles to a new home every few months? I didn't think so... again, I hate to sound mean, but be thankful you aren't me. I've never lived somewhere longer 5 years. Lucky you, honestly. :')
C'mon, Ferb!
We all ought to invite our friends to enjoy the beauty we dizcover in Life... Oops, I spelled discover with a Z ^_^'
GENERATION 8~ When you first see this, add one to the Generation and paste it on your sig as a sign of epicness. Social experiment!~
Old 02-24-2012, 08:52 PM

@ MandM Same here. But I don't really care that much. I have never lived a house for more then 3 years.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:40 AM

Do you have a close family member in the military or something? That how mine is, it feels good to know there's someone in my moving-away situation. Haley, you don't know how much you just brightened my day. :')
C'mon, Ferb!
We all ought to invite our friends to enjoy the beauty we dizcover in Life... Oops, I spelled discover with a Z ^_^'
GENERATION 8~ When you first see this, add one to the Generation and paste it on your sig as a sign of epicness. Social experiment!~
Old 02-25-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM View Post
I really don't mean to sound mean or anything, but have you ever lived in 7 states in the USA? Have you moved to a new place every 2-4 years? Are you constantly being driven over 1600 miles to a new home every few months? I didn't think so... again, I hate to sound mean, but be thankful you aren't me. I've never lived somewhere longer 5 years. Lucky you, honestly. :')
I didn't ask for you to make me feel selfish. I asked for advice. But thanks a lot.

Old 02-25-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseki3 View Post
You're moving? Wow. You are really strong, Amy. *hugs* Now, what's the matter, what do you need help for?
How do I make friends again? I moved to a new elementary last year, 5th grade. Now 6th grade I'm moving to a new middle school. I have one friend. How am I supposed to know that the people at my new school aren't a bunch of turkeys?

Old 02-25-2012, 01:21 PM

"Authors are strong enough to face their problems head on; and that is our history. You are a wonderful person, and even though I don't know you, I understand you"

Crap, I was almost going to write the thing above until I realized how a freaking lie it is. Not that you aren't strong; you are, but that I almost dehumanized myself from you as if I was speaking to a third grader (I'm really just a year older than you.) I would be annoyed by the above comment I almost made, so I guess that says a lot about me.

But anyway; Just never give up *or whatever.* I know it is a hugely chiche term and you may think it does not apply to your current struggle, but it applies to everything. I think "Keep being your own being" is more accurate though.

Tags
i hate life, i wish i were you, like sucks, moving, new school, welp