Quantcast Cafe NES - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
  #11  
Old 12-28-2009, 11:45 PM
Rainbowbubble Rainbowbubble is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: good question...I have absolutely no idea
Posts: 1,753
Default

should we get cracking? or should we wait fer more characters whadda you guys think?
__________________
"You don't seem impressed."
"Well it's confusing..."
"It's about eels."
"YEAH I CAN SEE THAT." ~Neina and I

SPFTW
SkulduggeryPleasantForTheWin
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-28-2009, 11:47 PM
dustfinger dustfinger is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: In the magical land of...wisconsin!!
Posts: 1,179
Send a message via Yahoo to dustfinger
Default

lets get this show on the road! lol
__________________
i love my computer because my freinds live in it
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-29-2009, 12:00 AM
Rainbowbubble Rainbowbubble is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,753
Default

Jesta Moore lay in her bead, staring up at her cracked and water-stained ceiling. If it had been a normal summer she wouldn't be here, but unfourtunately it wasn't a normal summer. She glared at the ceiling. She hated this town more than anything. If there was anything she hated more than this stupid town it was the people in it. She grabbed her cellphone and looked at all the messages in her inbox again.
LoonyTunes: We made it to Hawaii! Wish u wuz here! ^^
Smilez: Luvin the snow in the Rockies! Wishin' you were here!
She shut her phone again angrily. Of course all her friends go to fun places and LEAVE HER HERE! She swung her legs over the side of her bed and was about to get up when she noticed a peice of today's newspaper at her feet. It was the help wanted adds. She picked it up and a certain one caught her eye: Kenton Cafe-looking for employees-no experience needed-apply at 36th Almond Street Kenton Cafe. Jesta smiled...this was the oppurtunity she had been looking for. (goin to sleepies now 'night)
__________________
"You don't seem impressed."
"Well it's confusing..."
"It's about eels."
"YEAH I CAN SEE THAT." ~Neina and I

SPFTW
SkulduggeryPleasantForTheWin
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-29-2009, 03:37 AM
De-Ecrivian De-Ecrivian is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Asteroid B612
Posts: 6,950
Default

*I'm gonna asume that it's fine that my character is 12. (Being that young he wouldn't be able to work at the cafe, but I'll have him hang out there.) I'm kinda bending the desccription of what are characters are supposed to be like, but I hope it won't be a problem. *

Jake walked down the sidewalk, both of his hands balled into fists and hanging at his side. He glanced at the locations of buildings, streets, and crosswalks through the veil of his dark hair. He was trying to memorize the geography of his new, temporary home.
It's not that he wanted to like this place or anything, and of course, if he didn't want to like it, he wouldn't. But there was no way he was going to bum around his Aunt Jodie's house all day, and it wasn't like he could go over to a nonexistant friend's house or anything, so he'd have to find somewhere else to go during the day.
The medical center, which was the reason Jake was there at all, was within walking distance of his Aunt Jodie's house, two parks (he'd already been to both of them. One was for little kids, and the other was the scenic-walk-by-a-lake type,) and the shopping center that he was checking out.
So far he'd found nowhere that he'd be able to stand hanging around all day. Most of the stores were either gift shops full of cheap trinkets and flowers, or clothing stores. He was about to give up when he spotted a sign that said "Free Wi-Fi." He glanced at the rest of the exterior of the building. It was a cafe, and looked acceptable.
As he entered the cafe, a little bell attatched to the door anounced his arrival. Already one annoying thing about the place...
He surveyed the rest of the room. It wasn't to bad, a few couches, some chairs with tables for those using computers or eating, and some bar style chairs in front of the counter.
Jake walked up to the line in front of the counter and surveyed the menu while waiting for the few people in front of him to order.
When it was his turn he told the cashier to get him a double shot starbucks frapacchino, put the money down, and walked off to one of the bar style stools before the casheir could say anything. If he was going to end up hanging out there regularly, the first thing he'd have to do was make it clear that he did not want to make an aquantince or friend of the employees, even if he was there everyday. Thus his aprupt order.
It seemed to have worked. His drink was plopped in front of him without comment.
Jake finished his highly caffinated drink and his assesment of the cafe fairly quickly, and left. He had decided that though the cafe wasn't exactly the perfect hang out, it was better than any of the other places he had seen.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-29-2009, 12:49 PM
Lily Lily is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Everywhere but the kitchen sink.
Posts: 5,001
Default

I had been staring all day at the add. At the Feuer cafe they where wanting an extra hand. I could eaisly do the job. It said over 12, and I was 13.
__________________
"A picture may be worth a thousand words, but I'm sure darn willing to write those one thousand words." ~Me

"I'm so glad that I'll never fit in; that will never be me. Outcasts and girls with ambition; that's what I wanna see." ~P!nk (Stupid Girls)

"Here it is safe; here it is warm. Here the daises guard you from every harm." ~The Hunger Games (Deep in the Meadow)

"Are you, are you coming to the tree. Wear a necklace of rope, side by side with me." ~The Hunger Games (the Hanging Tree)
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-29-2009, 01:16 PM
Rainbowbubble Rainbowbubble is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,753
Default

(perfectly fine DE perfectly fine)
Emma was back in the kitchen when she heard the bell chime. She'd been spending the whole morning painting a, 'Help Wanted' sign for the front window. "Coming!" she shouted. (emma tends to be a bit clumsy shes adorable too) She jumped up from the table and in doing so she spilled paint all over the sign. "Crap!" she whispered, "Just a second!" she called back to the customer, as she grabbed a wet cloth. She wiped up the table in a few seconds but looked sorrowfully at the ruined sign. Finally she flounced out the kitchen doors to greet the customer. "How may I help you?" she asked cheerfully. But she saw no one standing in front of her. Her happy cafe waitress act dropped instantly as she looked for the customer. But they had already left.
(Guys just FYI the cafe is usually empty and the only people who work there are the father and daughter that's why they need the help)
__________________
"You don't seem impressed."
"Well it's confusing..."
"It's about eels."
"YEAH I CAN SEE THAT." ~Neina and I

SPFTW
SkulduggeryPleasantForTheWin

Last edited by Rainbowbubble; 12-29-2009 at 01:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-29-2009, 01:22 PM
Kiwara Kiwara is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.
Posts: 27,016
Default

*RainbowBubble, I know you said one character, but I'm adding a temporary character to just start this out, they'll hopefully be gone by the second post. Or maybe not. Sorry, 'bout that.*

"Hey, check that out." My friend blurted suddenly, nodding her head across the street.
"What?" I answered, simultaniously turning my head and responding at the same time. To my disappointment there was nothing out of the ordinary there. A line of random parked cars and a couple of shops, if that.
"The cafe." She answered promptly, I looking back to catch her rolling her eyes at me. "Are you blind, Jaye? There's a "Help Wanted" sign in the window!"
"Good, now you can finally get that dream job you wanted!" I answered in a sarcastic cheer.
"Not for me, for you." She replied, going along with my answer. I stared at her.
"In a cafe?"
"Well yeah. There isn't much in this town to offer, and you've turned down all the other ones-"
"Got turned down you mean." I interrupted softly.
"Right, whatever and this is a little lower than the standards you've set."
"What standards?"
"The ones were you absolutely refuse no matter what to work in a fast food place. Remember?" She looked at me sharply. She did that whenever she wanted me to actually reply, and not give some stupid answer.
"Yeah, I remember." I answered glumly.
"Well here's your chance! We should go check it out. Who knows? It might be perfect for you!" She promptly started dragging me across the street before I could reply.
__________________
I was safe in my pure insanity. ~ The Utterly Perfect Murder by Ray Bradbury: August 22nd, 1920- June 5th, 2012

Sometimes the darkest thing is but the lightest ~ The Messenger of Deliverance

Power is not in numbers but in the spirit of those that are left. ~ Malaika, Untitled Sci-Fi Story
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-29-2009, 01:27 PM
Lily Lily is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 5,001
Default

I walked into the Feuer cafe. It had navy blue walls and the seats where black. It looked like a nice place...
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Rainbowbubble Rainbowbubble is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,753
Default

Emma had still been staring into space when the door chimed again. She jumped out of her daydream and smiled politely at the cutsomer. "Good morning ma'am, what can I do for you?"
__________________
"You don't seem impressed."
"Well it's confusing..."
"It's about eels."
"YEAH I CAN SEE THAT." ~Neina and I

SPFTW
SkulduggeryPleasantForTheWin

Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-29-2009, 01:39 PM
Rainbowbubble Rainbowbubble is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,753
Default

Jesta strode quickly down the sidewalks of her small town. She checked the add again, for she had clipped it out of the newspaper and slipped it in her pocket, and then glanced at the street name. "36 Almond Street," she said to herself. She walked slowly down the row of small forgotten shops until she came across the cafe. An odd sight greeted her, she saw one girl dragging another towards the cafe which had a very smeared Help Wanted sign in its window. She shrugged and made her way to the door.
__________________
"You don't seem impressed."
"Well it's confusing..."
"It's about eels."
"YEAH I CAN SEE THAT." ~Neina and I

SPFTW
SkulduggeryPleasantForTheWin
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cafe, nes, never ending story

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.