Quantcast Cafe NES - Page 5 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 12-30-2009, 06:51 PM

*coolio, lots of peeps on the NES *

Jake watched for about five minutes before getting bored. Two of the people there were passing out some sort of form, and everyone esle was filling them out. So who was he supposed to tell to get his coffee? He considered leaving, but there wasn't really anywhere else to go... He picked up a magazine and started flipping through it.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:06 PM

"Can you believe it, Emma?" asked Mr.Kenton as he sank into a chair. The cafe had long cleared out since the busy hubub of that afternoon. "We got probably...seven or eight appilcations in under ten minutes!" Emma sighed with a smile as she took the help wanted sign off the door. "50 cents and hour...and if they work hard enough we can raise it." she said noncahalntly as she sat down as well. Mr.Kenton sighed deeply and closed his eyes, when he opened them again they shone with a michevious gleam, "Tomorrow...work begins!"
"YEAH I CAN SEE THAT." ~Neina and I

SPFTW
SkulduggeryPleasantForTheWin
Old 12-30-2009, 07:40 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

"I still hate you." I muttered as we walked back to my place.
"And you're somehow still my friend." Kass answered. "Are you going to go to work tomorrow?"
"Nope."
"Yeah, you are, I'll drag you there if I have to. I'm not letting you miss this opportunity, Jaye."
"Then drag me in, 'cause I'm not going." I muttered back watching her grow fed up with me, finally.

Sometimes the darkest thing is but the lightest ~ The Messenger of Deliverance

Power is not in numbers but in the spirit of those that are left. ~ Malaika, Untitled Sci-Fi Story
Old 12-30-2009, 10:41 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shayok

The bell rang, and Smith walked in, his face covered by the shadow of his bowler hat. "Morning, Kenton, the usual," he said softly, inclining his head at Mr. Kenton. He went over to a dark corner of the room and took out his paper, putting up his feet.
A certain silence had come over the entire room when he came in, though people gradually stopped staring and started talking again. He had a certain enigmatic air about him, that seemed to quiet people.
*Sorry, I have to take control of Mr. Kenton for a bit...*
"He comes here everyday, sits in that same place, and reads the morning paper, and drinks some black coffee, one teaspoon of sugar and one teaspoon of milk. The same words he says to me, same thing everyday...except Saturdays. He never comes on Saturdays." Mr. Kenton muttered to the new employee.
-Basho Matsuo, Japanese haiku poet
Old 12-30-2009, 10:44 PM

I woke up, rubing the sand from my eyes. I lazily looked over at the clock. (enter time to be late here) Oh, crud, I was late, and on the first day too! I scrambled around, putting on clean clothes quickly, and glanced in my mirror before running out.

Do we know who REALLY started the Game signatures? <-- That's a link, to those who haven't figured it out yet.

Psst....Read Ascending. It's in my track.
and the best part? It's by my best friend, Rose.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:38 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

By the time the sun had risen we were walking to work. Kassie had gotten me up earlier than my alarm. Apparently she was serious about getting me to work on time. We walked in silence, no arguing, or anything along those lines, I could only guess we were both tired, or she was angry with me. What she didn't do was drag me, though it was apparent she wanted to, since she kept glancing at me as if I would disappear in a cloud of smoke if she didn't. It didn't matter, I was too tired to run, I wasn't used to being up this early as it was.

Sometimes the darkest thing is but the lightest ~ The Messenger of Deliverance

Power is not in numbers but in the spirit of those that are left. ~ Malaika, Untitled Sci-Fi Story
Old 12-31-2009, 01:55 PM

I ran as fast as I could to Almond St. (thats it, right?) I burst throught he door, and ran to the counter. "I'm here," I breathed with relief.

Do we know who REALLY started the Game signatures? <-- That's a link, to those who haven't figured it out yet.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:22 AM

Jake walked into the cafe for some sort of caffinated drink for breakfast. He'd have to drink it fast since he was headed to the medical center right after, and he didn't need a lecture on how caffine would stunt his growth (as if he needed to get taller!) He got his drink and sat down to gulp it down as fast as possible, putting his notebook down on the seat next to him, so that no one would sit in it and so as not to draw attention to his notebook full of notes and sketches of just about everything that Jake thought about. While he was chugging away, he noticed another person sitting in a shady area of the cafe. His face wasn't visible, but he gave off a weird feeling, like he was watching you. Then Jake noticed something else off about the guy. A bowler hat? Who wore those anymore? Whatever, if he was another freakishly tall kid, then he could ask to be teased if he wanted to. If he was an adult, well, that would explain the bowler hat, now wouldn't it? Jake's cellphone started vibrating, reminding him that he was supposed to be at the medical center in about five minutes. He got up while finishing his drink and then left; forgetting his notebook in his haste.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:20 PM

I started my job, clearing the tables. I picked up a notebook, left behind by someone.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:08 PM

Okay guys...I made some major changes to the plot line...since I can see this is going nowhere Just check the first page...this might require you to cahnge some of your characters...yeah sorry BTU HEY! MAGIC IS NOW ALLOWED!!!!
"YEAH I CAN SEE THAT." ~Neina and I

SPFTW
SkulduggeryPleasantForTheWin

Last edited by Rainbowbubble; 01-06-2010 at 10:12 PM.

Tags
cafe, nes, never ending story