Quantcast Your First Story - Page 4 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply

Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 07-15-2010, 07:49 PM
RosiePie07 RosiePie07 is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: A pirate vessel, a Grecian paradise, a princess castle, a Victorian ball - anywhere romantic!
Posts: 3,005
Default

Okay so...:
First story I ever thought up: The Curse of the Umpalumpa. It was about how annoying my little brother is, I just thought it up, never even put it down on paper - I was in third grade.
First free-write story ever written: A story about the Titanic. It was 23 pages of this little tiny, note pad paper - it was terrible, but I like the plot and purpose and stuff so I might re-write it. I was in fifth grade.
First REAL story: It got up to be over 200 hand written peices of notebook paper, it was about a girl named Jessy who was 14 and became famous for her #1 Bestselling book and all her perfection. I might re-write that too. That was in 6th grade.
First story on KidPub: Bubonic Plague Story! I love it! Still writing it. Find the link yourself. I'm going to stop posting new chapters until further notice, but I started that one in seventh grade!
Newest Story: Beach Story! About the murder in Surf City! Ohhh! Will soon have a sequal!
__________________
Governor Swann: So, this is the path you've chosen? After all, he is a blacksmith.
Elizabeth: No.
[pause] Elizabeth: He's a pirate.
[Smiles, kisses Will, dramatic music, HAPPILY EVER AFTER (until they have to save the day again)!!!]

With inky love, Rose <3

CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE CLICK HERE
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:06 PM
SilverRipple SilverRipple is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where's Greyson Chance?
Posts: 17,438
Default

Hmm, I like your idea, Rosie.

First thought up story: Er...not exactly sure. My brain's packed.
First Free write story: I was in fourth grade, and I wrote this story about a fantasy land in the mirror. I might rewrite that sometime soon. I really did like it!
First REAL story: It was about this girl who was struck by an elemental force of lightning. Her soul was taken from her and she adventures to get it back. Started it in sixth grade. I'm rewriting it now. If you have read my bio, that's "The Lost Soul"
First Kidpub story: The Kingdom of Cora. Do NOT go looking for that one. It was so terrrible, but I rewrote the prologue, and it's a lot better.
Newest Story: It's called Ghosts. I just started it, yesterday, and chapter two is posted here.
__________________
I am a Greysonator, an enChancer, and I'm in the Chance Trance.
Greyson and I are meant to be.

Do we know who REALLY started the Game signatures? <-- That's a link, to those who haven't figured it out yet.

Psst....Read Ascending. It's in my track.
and the best part? It's by my best friend, Rose.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
dragongirl dragongirl is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: the Lost Light, having drinks with Whirl and Swerve
Posts: 4,769
Default

The first story idea I ever had was 'Chino.' I started it in the summer between kindergarden and first grade. Yeah... I learned how to type before I could handwrite. No wonder my handwriting stinks.
__________________
It's funnier in Enochian

My Super-Duper Evil Lair of Evil

"Wow, you're really not yourself, are you?
You're normally so damn cheerful I have to upset people just to restore the balance in the universe.
I'd ask what's up but--here's a secret--I don't really care."
--Whirl, Transformers: Spotlight--Trailcutter
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 07-15-2010, 09:27 PM
Rainbowbubble Rainbowbubble is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: good question...I have absolutely no idea
Posts: 1,753
Default

I guess I should edit my account of my histroy as an author eh?

First Thought Up story: eh...no clue I did so many make believe things that coudl probably count as stories when I was little that it's impossible to know
First Written Story: In kindergarten I was obsessed with Egypt and cats. So I wrote a story about how my (fictional) cat and I magically went to Egypt and went inside a pyramid. yeeaah
First REAL story: A realistic fiction about a new girl at a school who faces challenges with new friends. I hate to remember it, such horrible plot-line and character build. I wrote three more before I started on KRTW
First KP story: The Last Tiger Warrior. It was too predictable and...yeah.
Newest Story: My new written one is Untitled (yes that is the actual title) but my newest idea would be called The Reality of Illusions
__________________
"You don't seem impressed."
"Well it's confusing..."
"It's about eels."
"YEAH I CAN SEE THAT." ~Neina and I

SPFTW
SkulduggeryPleasantForTheWin
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 07-16-2010, 07:11 PM
PorcupineGal PorcupineGal is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Earth. I think?
Posts: 594
Default

Awesome! I used to write tons of little teeny books when I was younger (6 or 7?)... They were...interesting
__________________
Love to live & Live to love...
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 07-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Clover77505 Clover77505 is offline
Member

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 50
Default

I really like my first story, because I wrote it two months ago. It's called Shadows; by Moonbeam.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 07-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Bingo Bingo is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The edge of the world
Posts: 620
Default

Ugh... I shan't post links, I'm far too lazy.

First thought up story: I'm with Silver and Rainbowbubble, I have absolutely no recollection of it
First Free write story: Titled: Happyville. I don't remember anything about it other then the fact that my second grade teacher was quite sure Happyville was not a word. I still stand by the clear obviousness that it is.
First REAL story: Splish Splash. It was about these two aquarium otters whose exhibit is burned down and they escape to live with the wonderful wild otters! Huzzah! Please don't mock me. I have a feeling my friends were mocking me, and silly little me didn't even realize it. Every time I mentioned my story they would burst into loud and obnoxious song. Splish, splash, I was takin' a bath, on a Saturday night...
First Kidpub story: Spectrum. Originally titled Ella. Actually, quite a cool idea. Unfortunately it had absolutely zero plot. A rutabaga could've thought farther ahead than me XD
Newest Story: Hmm. It doesn't have a name yet, and it's not on KP. It's all about Vikings and Norse Mythology. I have a prologue and 3 (I think) chapters so far.

Last edited by Bingo; 08-16-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Nightwalker Nightwalker is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Somewhere in... a place.
Posts: 910
Default

Interesting idea!

First story: Something I wrote when I was like, seven? It was about a ghost who lived in a piano! :P
First real story: A story about shadows, mirrors, and distortion of reality (I was a very deep ten year old! )
First story on KP: When the Clock Strikes Twelve (terrible...)
Latest one: A few not posted on KP... Pretty dark fantast stuff!
__________________
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
― Edgar Allan Poe
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-03-2011, 06:56 PM
SilverRipple SilverRipple is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where's Greyson Chance?
Posts: 17,438
Default

I like that idea, Jack! You know what's interesting, now that I think about it? I wrote a story in fifth grade (writing for real) about another world on the other side of the mirror. It was so much fun, and now I look back on it, and I'm like "Gods, I stunk at writing, hah!"*
__________________
Greyson and I are meant to be.

Last edited by SilverRipple; 02-03-2011 at 07:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-03-2011, 07:52 PM
mechanicalpencils mechanicalpencils is offline
Senior Member

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: in THE WORLD
Posts: 171
Default

The first story I posted on KidPub was something I actually had written a while before...
"The Flame in the Shadows" http://www.kidpub.com/story/flame-shadows-85583693

Right now I'm kind of rewriting that story... I use the beginning (revised) but after that it's completely different, and longer, and it's called "The Maze." I haven't posted any of that.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.