//
Connecting to KidMud

Connecting to KidMud

The best way to play in KidMud is with MUSHClient. It is a free program and works great in KidMud. Click here to download it. MUSHClient is free. When you click on the link above, Windows will ask if you want to Run or Save the file. Choose Save. One the file has been loaded on your computer, run it (double-click it) to install MUSHClient. To connect to KidMud using MUSHClient, enter the host (IP address) kidmud.kidpub.com and the port number 7777 in the Quick Connect box.The next way is to go in through the KidMud Back Door. You can get into KidMud right here in the web page, nothing to download. You can't do everything in the Back Door that you can with MUSHClient, but you can do simple things like talk, make rooms, furniture, and other objects, and walk around.Another way is to just click this link which should pop up a window and connect you right to KidMud. This is the quickest and simplest way, nothing fancy. If a window pops up asking if it is OK to launch a program, click Launch on it. This doesn't work for everyone, but you can give it a try.If all else fails, click the Windows Start button, click Run..., then type telnet kidmud.kidpub.com 7777 into the command window that appears.Once you have connected to KidMud using one of these methods, log in by typing connect yourname yourpassword.If you need help connecting, just send email to kidmud@kidpub.com.