//
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

Harry Potter Author Sets the Record Straight: No Romance Novel - Guardian Liberty Voice

Guardian Liberty Voice

Harry Potter Author Sets the Record Straight: No Romance Novel
Guardian Liberty Voice
Rowling set the record straight Thursday, tweeting “1) I haven't handed in ANY kid of novel to my publishers. I'm only half way through my current book. 2) It isn't a 'romantic' novel. And 3) (brace yourselves) I sometimes have a drink when I haven't ...
J.K. Rowling Slams Romance Novel Rumors on Twitter, Explains Why She's ...E! Online
JK Rowling Sets Twitter Abuzz Once More; Harry Potter Author Next Book ...Franchise Herald
JK Rowling denies finishing romance novel on Twitter after false reportsThe Independent
Cinema Blend -MTV.com -Sugarscape
all 24 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

J.K. Rowling Slams Romance Novel Rumors on Twitter, Explains Why She's ... - E! Online

E! Online

J.K. Rowling Slams Romance Novel Rumors on Twitter, Explains Why She's ...
E! Online
The Harry Potter author took to Twitter to clear the air about the latest slew of rumors buzzing about her upcoming projects. "There's a story in today's ... 2) It isn't a 'romantic' novel. And 3) (brace yourselves) I sometimes have a drink when I ...
Did JK Rowling Just Finish Another Book? Here's What She SaysCinema Blend
MTV.com -Sugarscape -SheKnows.com
all 23 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

The kids are all right: Don't discount YA's teen readership (opinion) - Hypable

Hypable

The kids are all right: Don't discount YA's teen readership (opinion)
Hypable
A panel of teen judges chooses a shortlist of five Australian books in the Gold category, and five international books in the Silver category. Australian teenagers then vote for the winner; at no point in the process are adults deciding what teenagers ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Provo Library hosting bestselling author at Teen Book Fest - Daily Herald

Provo Library hosting bestselling author at Teen Book Fest
Daily Herald
As part of the library's annual Teen Book Fest, White is the event's featured guest and keynote speaker. Teens in attendance can expect to learn more about the the American author's book, as well as have the opportunity to play games, make crafts and ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Kids Should Feel Free to Read Kids' Books, Because That's What Kids Do - Bustle

Kids Should Feel Free to Read Kids' Books, Because That's What Kids Do
Bustle
Among the sins that she views this children's book commits are the following: being written in language to which kids can actually relate; making children excited about reading it; telling jokes this age group finds hilarious; and not treating Greek ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

JK Rowling denies finishing romance novel on Twitter after false reports - The Independent

The Independent

JK Rowling denies finishing romance novel on Twitter after false reports
The Independent
The Harry Potter author posted a series of messages on Twitter to lay out the truth for her fans. "1) I haven't handed in any kind of novel to my publishers. I'm only halfway through my current book," she wrote, adding that "2) It isn't a 'romantic ...
JK Rowling denies reports she's just delivered a romance novel to her publishersSugarscape
J.K. Rowling Shuts Down New Book RumorsMTV.com
RTE.ie -Digital Spy
all 17 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Did JK Rowling Just Finish Another Book? Here's What She Says - Cinema Blend

Cinema Blend

Did JK Rowling Just Finish Another Book? Here's What She Says
Cinema Blend
J.K. Rowling's Twitter has been pretty quiet since earlier this month when she had Harry Potter fans buzzing about her tricky anagram, which offered a clue about the Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them feature adaptation. She may have been too busy ...
JK Rowling denies 'celebrating the completion of new romantic novel'Digital Spy
RTE.ie -Movie News Guide
all 14 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Kailyn Lowry Writes Children's Book - Needs a Publisher - Reality Tea

Reality Tea

Kailyn Lowry Writes Children's Book - Needs a Publisher
Reality Tea
As the title implies, though, this teen mom won't give in to self pity about her past. Besides being a best selling author, Kailyn Lowry has also ventured into selling candles and makeup, and is planning on college. Not to mention being one of the ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

The Percy Jackson Problem - The New Yorker

The Percy Jackson Problem
The New Yorker
“I don't think there is such a thing as a bad book for children,” he argued, adding that it was “snobbery and … foolishness” to suggest that a certain author or particular genre might be a baleful influence upon young reading minds—be it comic books ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

J.K. Rowling Shuts Down New Book Rumors - MTV.com

Digital Spy

J.K. Rowling Shuts Down New Book Rumors
MTV.com
The author of “Harry Potter” is most definitely at work on a new novel. She told us ... book is yet. Chances are good that it's another Cormoran Strike mystery — which would be amazing because those books are fantastic — but Rowling has surprised us ...

all 4 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15