//
KidPub News for Kids

KidPub News for Kids

Posted November 26th, 2008 by perryd

KidPub gathers news from around the world for you to read, especially about authors, books, and popular movies. This is an experimental service and so might change from time to time. When you read a story, you can hit the 'Back' button in your browser to come back to KidPub.

Did JK Rowling Just Finish Another Book? Here's What She Says - Cinema Blend

Cinema Blend

Did JK Rowling Just Finish Another Book? Here's What She Says
Cinema Blend
Rowling issued a series of Tweets this morning addressing a report that's apparently in today's Daily Mail, which states that the author was out at a bar celebrating finishing up a romantic novel. Rowling's response to that is pretty clear. Here are ...
J.K. Rowling Shuts Down New Book RumorsMTV.com
JK Rowling denies 'celebrating the completion of new romantic novel'Digital Spy
Warner Bros. Slots Three 'Harry Potter' Spin-offsMovie News Guide

all 6 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Kailyn Lowry Writes Children's Book - Needs a Publisher - Reality Tea

Reality Tea

Kailyn Lowry Writes Children's Book - Needs a Publisher
Reality Tea
As the title implies, though, this teen mom won't give in to self pity about her past. Besides being a best selling author, Kailyn Lowry has also ventured into selling candles and makeup, and is planning on college. Not to mention being one of the ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

The Percy Jackson Problem - The New Yorker

The Percy Jackson Problem
The New Yorker
“I don't think there is such a thing as a bad book for children,” he argued, adding that it was “snobbery and … foolishness” to suggest that a certain author or particular genre might be a baleful influence upon young reading minds—be it comic books ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

J.K. Rowling Shuts Down New Book Rumors - MTV.com

Digital Spy

J.K. Rowling Shuts Down New Book Rumors
MTV.com
The author of “Harry Potter” is most definitely at work on a new novel. She told us ... book is yet. Chances are good that it's another Cormoran Strike mystery — which would be amazing because those books are fantastic — but Rowling has surprised us ...

all 4 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Texas Teen Book Festival brings large crowd to St. Edward's - Hilltop Views

Hilltop Views

Texas Teen Book Festival brings large crowd to St. Edward's
Hilltop Views
The Texas Teen Book Festival occurred on campus on Oct. 18 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The festival is one of the biggest book festivals in the nation, bringing together 40 authors and over 4,000 readers. The festival is free and open to the public.

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Tenth Annual Teen Book Festival Read-A-Thon, Nov. 1 - ReadMedia (press release)

Tenth Annual Teen Book Festival Read-A-Thon, Nov. 1
ReadMedia (press release)
In previous years, the committee colored their hair and another year they wore prom dresses and sang to the authors during TBF Author Welcome Dinner. Door prizes and a free TBF shirt and a book will be given to every reader. The teen who raises the ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

Harry Styles of One Direction Stars in Anna Todd's Novel - New York Times

New York Times

Harry Styles of One Direction Stars in Anna Todd's Novel
New York Times
Thousands of angry fans are taking to social media to protest the book, which they say tarnishes the image of a band member, Mr. Styles, and paints him as a drunken, emotionally abusive womanizer. One detractor started a petition at change.org, drawing ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Is Poppy Pym the new Harry Potter? Children's bookseller wins Independent's ... - The Independent

The Independent

Is Poppy Pym the new Harry Potter? Children's bookseller wins Independent's ...
The Independent
Laura Wood was named the winner of the Montegrappa Scholastic Prize for New Children's Writing and will have her debut novel, Poppy Pym and the Pharaoh's Curse, published next year by the company behind The Hunger Games books. ... The head judge ...
Is Poppy Pym The New Harry Potter?Booktrade.info

all 2 news articles »

Read more [News for Kids ]

Coming up at Harvard Library - Nashoba Publishing

Coming up at Harvard Library
Nashoba Publishing
Book Buddies will be a regularly scheduled five or six week program that pairs teen volunteers with children in grades 1 to 4 for shared reading, word games, snacks, and an award ceremony at the conclusion of the weekly meetings. ... Join Harvard ...

Read more [News for Kids ]

USF hosts annual Festival of Reading - Tampa Bay Newspapers

USF hosts annual Festival of Reading
Tampa Bay Newspapers
R.L. Stine – one of the bestselling children's authors in history – boasts more than 400 million books sold to date. His first teen horror novel, “Blind Date,” hit the shelves in 1986. A few years later, he established the Fear Street series. Stine is ...

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

USF hosts annual Festival of Reading
Tampa Bay Newspapers

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

USF hosts annual Festival of Reading
Tampa Bay Newspapers

and more »

Read more [News for Kids ]

XML feed
This is a cool addition to

This is a cool addition to the site Perry!

*** Buckets and Puddles, ~Vanessa:) -- "A good writer write's from their soul..." "Taking writing away from an author is like taking water away from a fish." "Don't save a pitcher for tomorrow--tomorrow it may rain." -Major League Baseball

Posted by Vanessa on Tue, 12/16/2008 - 21:34
This is cool! I just read

This is cool! I just read about another Wizard of Oz.

Posted by Gabi on Wed, 05/19/2010 - 18:30
Coolio! thirdbreedcullens.web

Coolio!

thirdbreedcullens.webs.com <---- Website check it or I'll set the Volturi on you! I mean it!

Posted by Anya on Sun, 01/11/2009 - 20:30
What the- "I wasen't worried

What the-

"I wasen't worried at all... except for the part I was worried of course!" ~~~ Winnie the Pooh

Posted by The Nobody on Thu, 01/29/2009 - 20:18
ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

ha ha ha!!! wait... what?!?!

Posted by Kelsey on Sat, 01/16/2010 - 09:28
this is interesting it makes

this is interesting it makes kidpub interesting aswell

Posted by Holly on Fri, 02/12/2010 - 14:08
This is an awesome edition

This is an awesome edition to the site! If you need more articles, I've posted a few.

Posted by Jack on Thu, 06/10/2010 - 16:35
Wow, super cool idea!!! But

Wow, super cool idea!!! But I think we should have a newspaper that the pubbers write. It could have stuff like new members, news on the NES and contest winners... even contests of its own! Now THAT would be cool. yes

I am half goat...

Posted by Amy on Sat, 12/31/2011 - 21:43
I so agree!!!!!!!!!  

I so agree!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:23
Oh man! that would be fun!

Oh man! that would be fun! I've been dreaming on making a magazine written by kid authors!

Posted by Yasmin on Thu, 08/15/2013 - 22:15
I think kid pub should have

I think kid pub should have a e-paper. Filled with pictures and aeticals like these that should be e-mailed to all kidpub members,

Posted by Makayla on Mon, 05/07/2012 - 17:22
In  romeo   and  

In  romeo   and   julet  why  do  they   both  die  insted  of   living     happyly  ever  after   togerther ?!!!

Posted by Kimberly on Sat, 07/07/2012 - 13:18
I think that kidpub should

I think that kidpub should e-mail all of the members a letter each month or every other week that talks about what goes on around kidpub!!!

Posted by Nikki on Sun, 07/29/2012 - 15:00
@ Kimberly: ....Because that

@ Kimberly:

....Because that would be cliche, predictable, and a tad bit boring? xD

Posted by Cherrybomb on Sun, 08/12/2012 - 00:15