//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
*still Liz's POV* "Why?" I asked. He was silent. "Why, dhurkh?" I raised my voice a bit. "Why can't we leave?" Finally, he spoke. "My parents have the virus, and I've been taking care of them. They're on the brink of death, and I..." His eyes filled with tears. I wrapped my arms around him and whispered, "I'm sorry. I'll help you out. I'll try to find a cure as soon as I can." Gary glared at us and Tacyn looked worried, but I knew I was going to find a cure for that city, no matter what it took, even if one of us had to risk catching the virus..
--Alicia

* garys pov * what is my sister thinking?what if we got the virus? who would take care of us? we were all alone. i looked up. "hey, wered he go?" i asked.i looked at my sister.her mouth was open.wide.
--Mya

*still Gary's POV* "Liz! Liz, where's dhurkh?" I asked, even more worried than I was before. Her face turned white. "I.. I was holding him, when suddenly my arms grasped air!" she stammered, "Gary, dhurkh... Dhurkh can teleport! *i know it's totally random and all but it sounded cool!*
--Alicia

*@Alicia, It was damn cool :D In fact, you just gave me an idea..." Narrator’s POV: Liz swung her head around in confusion. Her eyes were frantically still chasing after the vanished boy. “DHURKH! Where you at? We don’t bite! Gary snores but I swear that’s all!” she shouted into the shadows. “Hey gurl le touche!”, Gary mumbled frowning at his twin sister. “What? Ok I bite but only sometimes…” Liz sheepishly agreed, “But that still does not explain what happened to that kid.” Tacyn suddenly exclaimed, “He just came back!” And he was right, there the boy stood, a little away from the three other kids. Liz scowled and said, “How can you do that? I mean, our previous friends could transport but gosh, that was a lifetime ago…” Gary and Liz stood silent, the memory of their lost friends nibbling at the pieces of their broken hearts. “Never mind that,” Liz thought, pushing her memories away, “we have to save this kid’s parents.” Making her mind up she peered into Dhurkh’s eyes. The boy reluctantly answered, “It’s the spirits, I have the spirits powers. They let me transport through their world.” Gary frowned, “The spirits? In like, the spirit world? That’s where we lost all of our friends!” Dhurukh shook his head, “I don’t know anything about any people in the spirit world but, the virus that’s spreading is because of the spirits, they are angry with us. So the spirits inside us are slowly dying.” “Woah wait, you all have spirits inside you?” Tayn asked confused. Dhurkh vigorously nodded his head, “Yes! In fact, our village is from an ancient tribe that made peace with the spirits. But now… we have forgotten our traditions. So they are killing us!”
--LastLaugh(Ru)

*Btw, I'm planning to contact the oldies and ask about the previous characters and whether or not we should get them back. If we should then, it'll be a great way to get them back on :D Does anyone around here still remember anything about the old characters?*
--LastLaugh(Ru)

*that sounds like a great idea! but I'm real new so i have no idea about the oldies*
--Alicia

"But... our friends wouldn't kill people... would they?" asked Tacyn, a bit worried and scared now. "Not unless if they're by someone or something..." Gary said, his voice shaky.
--Alicia

sorry, but is their a plot that everyone has agreed on or not?
--Alicia

" How could they!" said Liz. " we don't know for sure" said Tacyn. there was silence and the only thing that was heard were all the usual sounds of the wildlife. " We have to do something. We can't just let Dhurkh and his tribe be killed" said Liz after a while. She looked down at the ground. "But what can we do.We're not anyone special" said Gary. The sun shining through the trees illuminated the solemn faces. The sky suddenly went black as hundreds of black clawed eagles filled the sky. They swooped down past the tops of the trees and rose again into the sky." What's happening!" said Dhurkh, avoiding an eagle who had nearly smacked into him. The descending eagles screeched and the four had no choice only to run through the forest.
--Alicia

They reached a clearing and ducked under the trees. The attacking birds lost them under their tree as the sky grew brighter again. "They're gone. what was that about?" asked Gary. "I recognize them as the Inpentium.They are an army that have been around for years.They even have ancient magic!They will definitely come back for us. The only thing is I am not quite sure why they tried to attack us" replied Tacyn, looking up, " I will go up again and see if they are gone. You three go on and I will fly overhead for a while".Tacyn rose above the forest treetops. The three on the ground ran , even though Dhurkh didn't have to because of his powers.After a while when Liz, Gary and Dhurkh were exhausted Dhurkh used his powers to reach another clearing up ahead, even though he had wanted to stick with his friends
--Alicia

This had been the second strange attack sorry I did too much
--Alicia

Dhurkh tried to send a signal
--Rachel

but it didnt work
--Rachel

What the signal did do was draw the attention to him not his friends
--Rachel

*I am not an oldy but i did read the beginning of the never-endly-story. Laura was the crazy metal lady. There was more people too. Ask me if you want more info*
--Lavinia

The Impentium saw Dhurkh's signal and dove down to grab him. He was suddenly snatched by razor sharp talons and they rose and flew away. Dhurkh struggled but they were too strong, their claws kept him away from the pendant that had the power of the spirits, so he couldn't use his powers either. As he struggled, their claws suddenly broke the chain from the pendant and it fell below, right where Gary and Liz were resting. The pendant hit Gary on the head, as he looked up and saw Dhurkh in the Impentium's talons. Gary wanted to save Dhurkh, but he was not of the village's origin and anyways, he had no idea how to use the pendant.
--Alicia

Tacyn, fueled by fury and determination, beat her wings as hard as she could and threw a small glass bottle with a dark substance at the Impentium. Dhurkh's eyes grew wide. The bottle broke and consumed the bird with the dark substance. It blackened and fell to the ground, spasms consuming its body. Gary and Liz watched, speechless, while Dhurkh, now on the ground, looked at Tacyn and the bird with awe. "Don't get too close, now," Tacyn warned. "Wha... what WAS that?" Gary asked, barely getting a word out. "It's the virus," Tacyn said proudly, stifling a giggle. "I- in that bottle?" Liz stammered, at a loss for words. Tacyn smiled. "Yep! It was really quite easy, actually. The virus is just black mist," Liz was still confused. "But... how did you keep yourself from catching it?" "Easy! I just held my breath!" Gary, on the other hand, was busy watching the Impentium. His eyes grew wide as the bird suddenly rose. "Run!" he cried, grabbing Liz and Tacyn's hand, Dhurkh running after.
--Alicia

*I rarely ever check the never ending story, but I really want an old member who has always been part of the NES to tell me how it got to here xD that would be quite a story.
--Garrett :D

They continued to run through the forest.They reached a strange archway and without thinking they ran through it.They continued running, but soon realised something was different. Liz stopped and the others stopped after her." Where are the Inpentium?" she asked. The rest looked around with her. " Where is the archway?" asked Tacyn and Gary, at the same time. The companions became distressed. "It must be a trap" said Gary. "I don't think so"said Dhurk." But look there are apple trees not to far from here" said Tacyn starting to walk again. The others followed her. They reached the apple trees and Dhurk carefully inspected the apples. "They look edible" he said. Liz took a round and juicy looking apple from one of the trees. She took a small bite. The rest took one and did the same." I didn't realise how hungry I was until now" Gary mused. They each ate another apple. Gary and Liz filled their pockets with apples and they each carried one apple for their trip. They continued walking. They went to sleep after a while, when the sun went down and they couldn't stay walking.
--Alicia

Early the next morning when the sun rose the four started their trip again. After a while they reached a field filled with long grass up to Liz's knees! They waded through the grass for hours until they saw a building in the distance. They reached it and cautiously entered. They were in a big hall. They went through a door on their right but quickly hid in what seemed to be a pantry. They found a light and switched it on. " King daster and Queen Alyla request a feast right away! " said a creature with a deep, proud voice. He sounded like he had authority and was used to getting his way. They took turns looking through the crack in the pantry door to see what he looked like. He was a member of the Inpentium, a large black bird. He was wearing a pendant identical to Dhurk's. He had a single orange feather on his head.
--Alicia

" Yes, right away sizaquen. Head advisor " said a female Inpentium, with a saucepan in hand. " Also Cook Mishawen, cook for the king, queen, Princess Astella, Prince zevenix, the five advisors and four guests" said Sizaquen. " Who are the extra guests?" asked the cook, looking curiously at the head advisor. " Not that it's any of my buisness" she added, taking vegtables out of a mini fridge. She started peeling and washing them. Then she took out meat from a freezer and left it down on a plate to defrost. " Will I get you herbs for the meat?" asked Sizaquen." Oh yes, thank you, Sizaquen. What makes you stoop to my level and help me?" she asked, looking taken aback, but thankful. Sizaquen moved toward the pantry, slowly and then stopped. The four hiding friends tried to hide more. " Well" he said opening the pantry door, " you asked who the guests were".
--Alicia

Although they had tried to hide more, the four companions in the pantry could be clearly seen. Sizaquen yanked them out one by one and they were left standing beside the smug advisor and the amazed cook. How did you know they were there?" asked Mishawen, after a while." I have powers through my pendant" said Sizaquen. " You may continue your work. You have a lot to do" said Sizaquen to Mishawen. He led the four out of the kitchen and into a banquet room. There was a very long table already set for nine. "Set the table for four more" said Sizaquen, to a nearby servant. He scurried off. " Sit down in those four seats" barked Sizaquen in an unpleasant voice, pointing to four seats in a row," Until I get King Daster". He left the room and the friends were alone, except for a few stray servants dusting furniture, fixing napkins on the table and looking warily at their uninvited visitors. Sizaquen came back with a man with an indentical but bigger pendant around his neck, two orange feathers on a string around his head and a golden crown covered with jewels perched around the feather on his head. A woman followed the king and she had a jewel covered crown aswell, but smaller, two silver bracelets and a ring with a ruby on it, on one of her claws. " visitors" said the king," Lovely". He gave a sarcastic smile.
--Alicia

*I agree with you Garratt XD*
--Drfitwood (Ruby)

mm. Ok here goes. I and a few others restarted the NES. Basically I and 3 other people restarted in june i think. OH YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN ART CLASS WOW AND THE DOOR LOL
--Lauren

Just then a girl walked into the room. Her hair was as past her waist and as white as pure snow. Her skin was as pale as a vampire, and her ears were pointed at the ends like an elf's. She wore only a light blue dress with tank top straps, the skirt of it went to her knees. The girl had no shoes but an anklet of pink flowers, as well as a matching flower headpiece, and her ice blue eyes cut into everyone. She was beautiful, but a fierce, sharp beauty, like a warrior princess of old. She looked to be about 16 or 17, and a smile crossed her face when she saw Gary. "You may not remember, but my name is Icicle," she said, her voice like a clear, cold stream; melodic and trickling. Meanwhile... Alone, on a hill with a breeze blowing, another girl stood, sensing something but not sure what. Her caramel hair was about chest length, with sparkling hazel eyes and a fair complexion, with a sprinkling of freckles dotting her face. She wore a sky blue shoulderless sweater, with sleeves that went a few inches past her elbow and a black tank top underneath. Her pants were blue jeans, and on her feet were gray boots. She wore fingerless gloves on her hands, and held a silver sword, which gleamed in the afternoon sun. The sword had a brown hilt with an amethyst set into it, and an inscription in the blade with read, "Ciel pontille etoiles." "I will find you," she muttered, vowing to herself she would finally see something through, since this was important. *So...yeah. Haven't been on here in forever. Ciel pontille etoiles means star dotted sky in French, but I used google translate so don't hold me to this. It's good to be back! Also the second girl is Echo btw.*
--luna the magical girl

"Come with me," she said, beckoning, while Gary looked puzzled, then his face turned white. "A-Annie? You?" She giggled, but it had no emotion. "My name's not Annie anymore. I've turned over a new leaf! I work for King Daster now. He's a great king with a great ideal!" Her voice was as cold and pale as her skin. Gary gasped. "But Annie... you- you've changed! You're not the happy girl you used to be!"
--Alicia

*I knew you'd bring icicle back the instant I saw it was you who posted it and the sentence 'a girl walked in' Luna.* **p.s. echooooooooo I missed her too**
--echo entinity (*jill*)

*Yeah I remembered KP and this again when I was decorating my folder, and I thought,"I want to draw a character but who? ....Echo from KP! So then I decided to get back to this and add my characters in again since they seem to have disappeared. They're normally still here, but oh well. I edited their designs a little but otherwise they're the same. For instance, I made Icicle have pointed ears and Echo have a sword. Anyway, yeah. XD*
--~luna~

"Who in the world is Annie?" Icicle asked, confused. "You acted along with it!" Gary said, annoyed. "I'm not Annie, I was just wondering who she was. Is she your girlfriend? She better not be your girlfriend," Icicle added, narrowing her eyes. "No, and why do you care?" he asked, more puzzled than before. The blood rushed to her cheeks and ears, the redness contrasting to her china skin. "No reason," she answered quickly. Then she coughed, and the redness faded away a little. "I mean, you really don't remember me? Also, King Daster is evil. I think." She furrowed her brows, thinking and very confused. "No," Gary replied. Icicle muttered something Gary couldn't hear and turned around. She seemed to be looking at something. "Annie's fine. Brown hair, brown eyes, freckles, right?" she asked. "Yeah. How do you know Annie?" Gary demanded.
--~luna~

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)