//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
Adeline was tired. So tired that spots clouded her vision, making it difficult to see. Suddenly, she was thrown onto the hard, cold ground, knocking the wind out of her. She struggled to breath, and held her trembling hands to her heaving chest. Then suddenly, she saw it. The creature that had been carrying her was a troll like thing. He was massive with thick biceps and dirty fingernails. His skin was tinted a murky green, and he had one milky eye. His long hair hung around his strong jaw, dirty and matted. He raised his giant arms, and Adeline flinched. "Settle down," a female voice said. Adeline was too sore to turn to see who the voice was coming from. The troll man sauntered off with loud booming footsteps. Adeline felt a warm hand on her shoulder. A beautiful woman with long, raven coloured hair flowing down her back, and huge, amber eyes approached her. She held out a hand to Adeline, and pulled her to her feet.
--BrIaNnA

"My name is Melody," the woman said, "Melody of the Western Dream Hills. And this is my sister, Harmony." Adeline turned to see a younger version of Melody, only with darker eyes, standing with her arms crossed beside the troll. "I go by Mimi," Harmony said fiercely, flicking hair out of her eyes. Adeline regarded Mimi calmly, she couldn't have been more than Adeline's own age. Melody sighed, a lovely musical sound, and said, "I apologize for the crude means of getting you here but we had to warn you. The people of the Western Hills are Seers, Adeline, do you know what that means?" "You can see he future?" Adeline asked, voice raw. "Yes, child," Melody said, smiling. "C'mon," Mimi said, looking increasingly anxious, "we haven't waited 6 months just to tell her about us, Mel. Give her the message." "6 months?! For me?" Adeline asked. Mimi cut her off with a sharp look. Melody took a deep breath and let her eyes mist over, her gaze no longer on Adeline. "We must advise you against meeting Callum," Melody said, voice deeper, "you cannot let him see you. Not ever again."
--Dahlia

Hello!!! Does this make any sense? I'm new and apparently I can't read the whole story... Could someone quickly tell me what's going on? From the beginning? Thanks :) (I hope it makes sense)
--Dahlia

*Wow...amazing paragraph! Thanks for joining in! Basically, there's a group of kids who hop door to door of Gateway Mansion. And in every door is a new adventure. Right now, Gary, Liz, Hazel, Echo, Willow, and Fawn (hope I'm not missing anyone) entered a door where they met Adeline, a confused girl with a dark secret, Freak, a shapeshifting, spirit contacting madman, and Cystenian, a critical and intelligent young man. Adeline's secret is the entity that was once attached to her. Callum is who's attached to her and has been controlling her life, killing people she's cared about. Through this she's grown cold and lonely, avoiding people she loves to save them from Callum. Now, when Callum took Adeline to his realm, she was able to escape from him. After this, she realized that she needed Callum to protect her from other spirits who attack her. She never knew that Callum was only looking out for her. So, she recruited Hazel, Fawn, Gary, Liz, Freak, and Cystenian to help her fight through the Dream World and get to Callum. It's confusing, tell me if you have any questions.*
--***

"That's impossible," Adeline stated, crossing her arms. "Him and I are connected. Fate brought him to me as my guardian." Melody shook her head and touched Adeline's arm gently, which was still quivering from shock. "This is going to be difficult for you to understand, Adeline," Melody said softly, pulling her hand away finally. Adeline bit her lip. "Callum is, what we call, a dark entity." Melody started. "He wasn't connected to you when you were born-he was attracted to you. You are a weak link in the human world. Your soul is stuck in a cross between the living world and the afterlife." Adeline felt her heart drop to her feet. It felt like the world was spinning. "His intentions are evil," Melody continued. "He wants to switch places with you. His desire is to occupy a living body and experience life, and he doesn't care if it leaves you stuck in the after life. That is why he has kept you from people you love. If you become to close with others in the living, it will draw your soul closer to them and farther from him." Adeline shook her head frantically, and tried to keep the tears from flowing down her cheeks. "This can't be real," she cried. "I'm so sorry," Melody whispered, her voice faltering.
--BrIaNnA

"I...I can't---no...this is impossible! Your lying...Callum protects me from the spirits...he wouldn't do that!" Adeline blurted out. "Then why does he kill your loved ones?" Challenged Mimi. Adeline wiped her tears pouring down her face. "You are lucky to have gotten away before, child," Melody whispered soothingly. "You must stay away from him, it's your only chance," Melody added, sympathetically. "Then why did Freak say I need him?" Questioned Adeline, more to herself then Melody and Mimi. "My friends are there," Adeline whimpered. "What will happen to them?" She looked up at Melody hopefully. Melody sighed. "Callum will have bad things in store for them then. Hopefully they will escape, but you never know with Callum," Melody wiped some tears from Adeline's face. "I have to go rescue them," whispered Adeline. Melody shook her head worriedly. "You can't, Callum will find you. This isn't safe, Adeline. Stay here, as long as your friends have each other and trust Callum won't swap places with him. Their souls are content, I'm sure." Melody sighed, her soft musical tone carrying in the breeze. *Sorry if ain't good. Trying my best!*
--Nightingale (Nisha)

I'm pretty much confused on all the characters, what happening in the story, where the characters even are... I could use a little bit of explanation because even reading this doesn't really help me all that much.
--Rainwhisker(Renee)

*So I like to come on every once in a while just to see how this is going and see how well you guys are taking care of my characters and I have to say I'm impressed. Everything seems organized and there isn't an excess of characters. You're also portraying Hazel and Fawn pretty well. Except Liz kind of stole Hazel's boyfriend at one point so they're not going to be super buddy buddy, as they have never really been friends anyway but it's your story so yeah ^_^. But seriously guys. Tori approves :3 *
--Gambit (Tori)

"Adeline is gone." Cystenian spit, his arms crossed over his chest. Not that it needed saying. Hazel rolled her eyes at him, "Then let's /find her/ genius." She said flatly, and walked back they way they had come, with Fawn trailing swiftly behind. "Wait don't-" Freak jumped up from his sitting position, but it was too late, Hazel was grasping her arm, looking like something had just bitten her. She jerked away from the open gate and gawked at it. Her arm now perfectly still at her side, it had gone numb from the jolt of electricity that had appeared seemingly out of mid air. Fawn rimpled his forehead and reached out to touch the space between the gate and the outside, transfixed. Only to have Freak slap it away. "What are you? Stupid?" he ushered the two away from the door like a butler. Pointing a bony finger to the opening he said; "Electrocution ending in certain death," then jabbed another finger the opposite direction, towards the inside of the castle, "Painful torture leading to even more painful death by spirits. Pick one." "What? That's ridiculous!" Liz said, hands on hips. "Well without Adeline, the rest if you are doomed, so," Freak gestured once more in both directions, then disappeared into thin air. *Ehh, sorry, crappy :P*
--Jacks-in-the-boxes(i&i)

*Renee: Adeline, a young girl with an entity attached to her, was brought to the spirit world by her entity(Callum) then seperated from him. She, Hazel and Fawn(Sister and brother who can turn into wolves), Liz and Gary(you know who they are) Willow( She has water powers I think, and a pendant that can transport her.) and Freak( A madman{In a box!} who is guiding them to the spirit palace.) travel to the Spirit Palace, where Callum is. Adeline gets captured by Melody and Harmony, who then tell her that Callum means to take over her body, which is why he kills anyone she gets close to. Meanwhile, the rest of the group enter the Spirit Palace, not yet aware she's not with them, and subsequently get trapped by a forcefield Callum cast in a fit of rage. That's pretty much it(unless i'm forgetting something) Hope this helps! :)*
--RDJ!!(i&i)

whaaaaat .____. ok sorry it's not anyone's fault every time i ask for a description on here i forget about this and leave xD damn tho this brings me back to the old days even though everything is different
--Weapon Mistress {Sravani}

*OK. I'm just gonna go off the description that i&i gave me so:* Everyone looked at the air that had just a moment a go been Freak. "I vote electrocution," Liz said after a while, raising her hand. "OK then," Hazel said. Almost in unison the group spun around to the door. "Wait," Willow said. "Theres another way," Liz raised an eyebrow, angered that someone would question her. "You mean the other door that leads to torture and painful death? I don't think so!" Liz marched up to the electrocuting door and opened it. A tripwires were placed expertly on the floor of a white-tiled room, visible only to the sharp eyes of Fawn and Hazel. "Watch out," Fawn said quietly. "A wrong step and your a smear," Willow, who had been having a staring contest with Liz, sighed loudly and swung a hand to her hip. "No. There is another way," She said again. "Look up!" Willow point at the high, dome-like ceiling.
--Moonbeam (Panda)

"No way." Gary muttered. "Yeah, how exactly will we get up there, smarty pants?" Hazel snorted a little at the end, in a patronizing way. Liz pursed her lips in thought, wondering if what Willow had pointed at could actually work. "You'd think they'd have that under some sort of protection also." Liz said, thoughtfully. "Well, it was just a suggestion." Willow seemed put-down by all of the group's comments. "So...my question still remains," this was Hazel once more, "how will we get up there?" *Sorry, it's bad.*
--***

"With this," Gary snatched off Willow's necklace and showed it to the group. "But the pendant can only transport one person *I apologize if I'm wrong about this* at a time," Hazel said, rolling her eyes. "But we're not all people, are we?" Gary said quietly. He turned to Hazel and Fawn. "You two can wolf up, and if we do this correctly,that can be an advantage," Hazel and Fawn looked at each other, uncertain. The group was silent for a moment. "So basically, you want Fawn or Hazel to wolf up, have someone teleport them up there with maybe Gary, Willow or me, leave that person there, become humans, teleport, and repeat? Isn't that a little like those puzzle video games?" Liz asked, her arms crossed skeptically. "Uh, guys?" Fawn said, clapping his hands together. "Don't Hazel and I get a say in this? I mean, it takes a lot of energy to become wolves, and then to become humans only to wolf up again?" Hazel nodded. "Besides, it's kind of annoying that suddenly we're the ones in charge of keeping your sorry butts safe," Gary started speaking, ignoring Hazel's comment for the time being. "It won't take that much energy if you two switch off theres only... How many of us?" (*I stopped here just because I feel like I went a little long*)
--The Raven's Call (Panda)

"6, *am I right about that?*" Willow said, "there's 6 of us." "Right," said Liz, in her let's-get-this-done voice, "I'll go first. Hazel, care to join me?" Scowling, Hazel stepped forward, pupils already widening into their wolf shine. Everyone looked away as she Turned, pretending not to hear the heart-wrenching scream. A large timber wolf nosed Liz's arm before turning to cough blood onto the polished marble floor. Liz kneeled beside Hazel, Willow's pendant in hand. Breathing a shuddering breath, Liz held out the pendant, and the wolf delicately placed her paw ontop of it. Liz's heart beat faster. And then the door crashed open. From the direction of death by torture came Callum, idiotic cape swishing, looking like the perfect villian from a terrible, cheesy movie. He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "And what do we have here?" He leered. Nobody moved a muscle. "You come all this way," he continued, "just to see me? But you know what?" The flames returned in his eyes, giving him all the looks of a madman, "YOU DIDN'T BRING ADELINE!" He roared, slamming the door behind him, so hard Willow swore she heard the marble crack. He looked down, breathing hard, like a toddler after a tantrum, "what do you have to say for yourselves?" He asked quietly. Liz and Hazel's eyes locked, and they dissapeared. *sorry if it doesn't make any sense!!!!*
--Dahlia

and then ninjas came and took them to pandaland and they lived happilt ever after THE END
--Luc

I am completely new to the NES, so could you guys please give me a detailed description of what is happening? I don't know the characters either, so if you could explain a bit about them I would really appreciate it. :D Thanks!
--Pandora's Locket

*(copy and pasted from above) Thanks for joining in! Basically, there's a group of kids who hop door to door of Gateway Mansion. And in every door is a new adventure. Right now, Gary, Liz, Hazel, Echo, Willow, and Fawn (hope I'm not missing anyone) entered a door where they met Adeline, a confused girl with a dark secret, Freak, a shapeshifting, spirit contacting madman, and Cystenian, a critical and intelligent young man. Adeline's secret is the entity that was once attached to her. Callum is who's attached to her and has been controlling her life, killing people she's cared about. Through this she's grown cold and lonely, avoiding people she loves to save them from Callum. Now, when Callum took Adeline to his realm, she was able to escape from him. After this, she realized that she needed Callum to protect her from other spirits who attack her. She never knew that Callum was only looking out for her. So, she recruited Hazel, Fawn, Gary, Liz, Freak, and Cystenian to help her fight through the Dream World and get to Callum. It's confusing, tell me if you have any questions.*
--***

*no one's writing...so...* Adeline shook her head, trying to dry the tears and stop more from coming. She was just about to sit to try and regain herself when she felt a terrible pain in her arm. Adeline looked down at her left forearm and saw deep scratch marks. Taken by shock, it took seconds for her to scream. Mimi looked scared and shocked as well, her usual insensitive attitude had completely changed. Melody seemed to quickly push back her own shock and take action. "Maalik!" she called, worriedly but determined to get help. She rushed to Adeline's side, right as she fell the ground. "What was that? I thought this place would be safe from spirits!" Adeline said. "I did too," Melody whispered. "You must have brought them here...this situation is worse than I anticipated." She shook her head in thought. Suddenly, the group felt the pounding feet of the cyclops that had captured Adeline originally. Melody left Adeline's side to talk to him and Mimi. Once again, Adeline was attacked swiftly by an invisible spirit. This time it was her cheek. She screeched out in pain, touching her face. Melody whipped around and commanded something to Maalik in a different language. Mimi turned and left, disappearing under some thick overgrowth of pink-leaved trees. Melody brought her hands to her face, biting her nails, and staying stationary. Maalik tromped towards Adeline, picking her up over his shoulder once again. Melody commanded one more thing to Maalik, which was not understandable to Adeline. The cyclops stomped off as she winced in pain, holding her arm tight to stop the bleeding. Her cheek wound wasn't as deep so she prioritized the lacerations on her arm. Melody continued to bite her nails, the thick trees making her lose sight of Adeline and Maalik quickly. "I hope this plan works." she said to herself. "Adeline should be ready for this, there's not a better time than now. She needs protection from these spirits, but not Callum as her protector." she murmured. "Now I have to go find her friends." She turned from where Maalik took Adeline through the trees, and back towards the cursed lands of the Dream World...where Callum was waiting.
--***

Harmony jogged after her sister. "Mels, wait for me," she called, already running through a rudimentary battle check in her head, just like Melody had taught her. "Mimi, go back. This is no place for someone your age," Melody said harshly, not even turning around. Without breaking stride, Mimi went down the checklist. Protective straps adjusted, hair in tight ponytail, Keys properly tied to waistband. "Melody! You know I'm the only one with the Keys, so if you just—" "Harmony Nasha Danvidium! You go back right now!" Melody yelled. Mimi skidded to a stop. The Keys always worked as the perfect argument. "I'm going," Mimi said coldly, pushing past her sister. She forged ahead, one hand griping the Key of Embers. Just in case. ///////////////// Adeline cried out as a spirit raked its claws down the back of her calf. With a determined grimace she slammed both knees into poor Maalik, who dropped her in confusion. Even as she fell, a spirit snagged her shoulder. She lurched to her feet, wincing as her injured leg tensed, and ran.
--Dahlia

Adeline was determined to get out of there and find her friends, her face was scrunched up with intent and pain, wincing as she limped along. The cyclops roared something at her, but she kept going, occasionally getting slashed by evil spirits. The pain was sinking in, adrenaline fading. She could hear Maalik thumping behind her, trying to catch up. She swerved through trees, groaning at the stinging abrasions. Maalik couldn't get her because of how small and agile she was, ducking under the fluffy pink and yellow branches. Adeline had no idea where she was going, blindly following the wreckage Maalik had caused the way into the forest.
--***

--Melanie

Oh, wait. Don't send that. I have no idea what to write, though...
--Melanie

Enter the next paragraph...
--Dragonstorm

and then adeline tripped over a root and fell and broke her ankle. Maalik caught up to her and ate her. THE END!!!!!!!!!
--Dragonstorm

To Dragonstorm: I don't want to be rude, but I don't think it is very polite to the people who work so hard on continuing NES to post a paragraph where you try and end the story. After all, this is a Never Ending Story. Contributors to this story don't really appreciate people who come and post two sentences and then THE END!!!!!!!!! I'm just putting this out there so you could be more aware in the future. Thank you! :D
--Blue Snowflake

^
--***

*WOW! Sh*t! You guys still use my Adeline!!?? :') Her personality has changed a bit but still! Or wait, is this another Adeline? Umm, then please ignore me. Anyways, can someone tell me what's up? I used to really (When I say really, I mean, RRREEEEAAALLLYYY...) post on the NES, but then my health got so bad I was about to die and needed a surgery. So take pity on me and someone please, please tell me what's going on. After you tell me I will keep reading and then only post cause I don't wanna ruin the plot line or any character personality. Gawd, I thought after I left everyone would forget Adeline....*
--PokerHeart(Ru)

*I didn't know you had a character named Adeline...sorry, I took the name by accident I guess. There's a paragraph above that explains it ^^^^^^^^^*
--***

PokerHeart— *(copy and pasted from above, where *** put it) Basically, there's a group of kids who hop door to door of Gateway Mansion. And in every door is a new adventure. Right now, Gary, Liz, Hazel, Echo, Willow, and Fawn (hope I'm not missing anyone) entered a door where they met Adeline, a confused girl with a dark secret, Freak, a shapeshifting, spirit contacting madman, and Cystenian, a critical and intelligent young man. Adeline's secret is the entity that was once attached to her. Callum is who's attached to her and has been controlling her life, killing people she's cared about. Through this she's grown cold and lonely, avoiding people she loves to save them from Callum. Now, when Callum took Adeline to his realm, she was able to escape from him. After this, she realized that she needed Callum to protect her from other spirits who attack her. She never knew that Callum was only looking out for her. So, she recruited Hazel, Fawn, Gary, Liz, Freak, and Cystenian to help her fight through the Dream World and get to Callum. It's confusing, tell me if you have any questions.* (sorry, I stole your explination thingy, ***)
--Dahlia

*Nah, it's fine! I just don't get why no one is scrolling up, this is the third time it's been copy and pasted /:*
--***

*Oh! That's surprising! You guys are on the same plot line that we were on four months ago. That's great cause that means you guys have a strong plotline. @***, It's Ok. After reading the earlier posts, it turns out it is the same Adeline I am talking about. I know cause I was there when she was created. Btw, has Cystenian confessed his feelings to Ady? And tell me if I'm wrong but isn't Freak the evil one? Or has the plot changed? Cause freak was given the name "Freak" because he wanted to use Adeline's powers to contact his dead wife and daughter. Please tell me if the plot has changed. I know I am really being annoying by asking all these questions but I don't want to butt in and ruin the plotline like a idiot. The last time I did that I got into a HUGE fight with a great writer called TDC. @Dahlia, Thank you so much! Hey umm, do you know what happened to TDC and Jill? Those guys are legend and they were kinda in charge of how the plotline went. Plus they were my friends and now I have no idea where they are or if they even post on Kid pub anymore. I hope they do.*
--PokerHeart(Ru)

*I don't mean to sound rude, but Adeline is actually my character. Maybe you had someone with the same name or something...* Melody sighed as her stubborn sister marched ahead, the key gripped tightly in her hand. "Slow down," she whispered, annoyed that her little sister had become so headstrong. Eventually Mimi did so, falling back and matching her sibling's pace. "Do you think Adeline will be okay?" Mimi asked. "I sure hope so. I mean, she might die without it." Mimi chuckled a little. "And she might die with it." Melody gave her a stern look. "She was made for this, hopefully it won't hurt so much that it will induce death." The two stopped talking once they crossed the border that separated the Western Dream Hills and the Dreamworld. But this was only the first border they had to pass. To get to Nightmare Realm, they had to cross another. Mimi's hands started to sweat, her fear spiked. "I felt so safe back there," she murmured. "I know. You shouldn't have come." Melody shot back.
--***

*@Ru Um, unless I'm wrong, DreamFreak(Freak) is my character and he doesn't have a wife or a kid. He is 'chaotic neutral' I guess, so neither good nor evil. @everyone Hilo, please don't murder me for leaving o-o.* Callum strolled towards them, slowly. Each step boomed and echoed like a thunderclap in the hall. "Spilled blood? Tut tut, what a mess." He remarked, referring to the spots of red Hazel had coughed up. He stuck out his tongue and wiggled it with a grin on his face. The spots shifted like quicksilver. "There, now it's a smiley face." He said. "You know what would be better though?" He hissed, Fawn, the closest to him, took a step back. "IF YOU INGRATES HADN'T PUT IT THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!" Callum raged and threw a silver candlestick at the group. It narrowly missed Cystenian's head. Cystenian glared, and quickly decided he had had enough of this bullcrap. "Lay off would you?" He addressed Callum. "Excuse me?" The spirit fumed. "You're acting like a two-year-old rather than the mature adult, it's humiliating and degrading." Cystenian replied calmly. Internally, he was crossing his fingers Hazel would re-arrive soon.
--Vashtra and Jenny (i&i)

*@(***), Maybe yes, you are right. Please, don't hold back on sounding rude (though you are not...). In fact, it is the reason I am asking so many questions(and acting like a total loser...). I don't want to butt in and annoy you all (What I am doing now... I guess :P). Thanks for correcting me :) I will join in when I understand the plotline perfectly. If you would not mind that is, me being kinda annoying and all... @Vashtra and Jenny(i&i), Thanks for the clarification :) I don't seem to remember you, but I do recognize '(i&i), not that you care, just that I actually was there when Dream Freak was created... maybe your user name changed I haven't noticed, then again, I have not entered on this page for three months :P Sorry for being annoying. I can imagine how terrible it would be if some loser just butts in and claims the character that you have been so carefully developing(I mean for Adeline, cause I never thought dream freak was mine...). One last question (sorry) Last time I was over here, Freak was kidnapping Adeline. How came he is helping her now? That seriously confuses me...*
--PokerHeart(Ru)

Mimi and Mels stood on the edge of the Nightmare Realm. "You brought those keys, Mimi. Are you ready to use them?" Slowly Mimi held up the Key of Nighttime Travels, its polished purple handle shimmering with fine silver glitter. Stardust exploded and Mimi cried out, throwing out her other hand to shield her face. When the portal opened it roared, swirling with darkness. Mimi held out her hand to her sister, who took it. "See? Now I'm glad you came." ////////////// Adeline stopped at the window, peering into the dimly lit castle. Callum leered over her friends, although, she noticed with a start, Freak, Liz and Hazel were missing. A sob caught in the back of her throat. "What have you done with them, Callum? Oh, this is all my fault. They were only trying to help me. What have you done with them?" ///////////// Liz shifted her weight. She and Hazel (now back in human form) were poised ready to strike from the rafters. "Now!" Liz screamed, dropping. "Get 'em!" Cried Mimi and Mels, appearing out of nowhere. "Unhand my friends!" Yelled Adeline, falling through the window. "If you—" started Freak, appearing in a flash and shimmer, "wait a second, who the heck are they? What?" Callum looked up in confusion. "Oi!" called Mimi over the noise, putting a hand on her hip, "You all ruined MY rescue!"
--Dahlia

*@Ru, eh, not really sure what happened, which is weird 'cause he's my chara :P. I think he was just trying to figure out what was different about Ady, and you aren't being annoying at all!* "Well...This was unexpected." Freak said, and wheeled around to leave. "Uh-uh, no you don't." Willow reached over and pulled Freak back. "Liz, Hazel, you aren't dead! Callum didn't kill you!" Adeline smiled, despite the predicament they were all in. "Adeline what, but Mallik-" "Mallick stopped chasing me a while back." "Who's Mallick?" "He's...Never mind." Admist all the blunder and chais, Callum slipped away unnoticed into the castle.
--Vashtra and Jenny (i&i)

*Thanks @(i&i) :) When do you think I should join in?*
--Ignored(Ru)

*(even though the question wasn't directed at me): ASAP, since so few people are writing*
--***

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)