//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
*sorry im adding so much, but this is fun (: * Peter knew he probably shouldn't trust this girl straight away, and he did want to learn the guitar, but somehow his instinct told him that this was the right thing to do. Otherwise, they would be trapped in this ballroom for a long time. Sighing, he gestured for the others to come closer. "Alright kids, follow me." The girl stood up properly and started walking towards the secret door once more. "Hang on a second," Echo frowned. "Who are you? What are you doing?" The girl was obviously annoyed. "Can't you guys just listen to me?" "And why did you call us kids? We are clearly the same age as you." Peter added. He couldn't subside the blush growing on his cheeks. "It's just an expression," She muttered, but Seeing that the group wouldn't follow her without some sort of explanation, the girl sighed. "Call me Shadow. I am here to rescue you. Follow me or be stuck her for a long time. And Peter, keep your eyes front, soldier." Peter's blush deepened as he look away. Shadow quickly turned and climbed through the door, standing on the inside of it to make sure everybody got through safely. After she double checked everybody was inside, she closed the door and deactivated the cloaking device on her watch that she had been using to hide her and the door from any cameras that might have been in the ballroom. "Now, Shadow. Who are you and why the hell are you here?" Liz asked firmed, determined to get some sort of answer. How the hell would this weird girl have found them? "We need to get somewhere safer before I tell you anything. Somewhere where these walls cant eavesdrop." She whispered before motioning for everybody to follow. "Walls? Eavesdropping?" Gary was puzzled, but he followed the others without any more questions.
--UltraViolet (Ruby)

*please let me know if what I am adding is a bit out of the story- im not entirely sure of the whole thing, but hopefully it fits*
--UltraViolet (Ruby)

*No it's cool. I've not really known what to add for a while so thanks for adding so much!*
--echoes [luna]

*Alright, cool. I might as well do more XD* Once Shadow had lead them through the dark corridor into a plain looking room with a desk and bookshelf, Echo could no longer hold in her questions. "Shadow, please. Who are you and why are you here?" Shadow sighed. "Everybody sit down. I'll make a fire as you're about to get very cold, very soon. Don't ask why. I'll explain soon." She then started breaking nearby flimsy wooden chairs, splintering them so they would easily catch fire. By the time she was done, the room was already beginning to be colder and she suspected that if she didn't make a good enough fire, they would have to move to another room during the night. Which is not what she wanted. When the fire started crackling, everybody settled down and wrapped they arms around their waists, feeling the cold. "I'll start now. Wait until the end for questions." Shadow said, tying her hair up loosely with a rubber band. They all nodded, desperate for information. "We are in a mansion. You all know that. But, it is not a regular mansion. I'm sure you know that too. The reason we are so cold now is because we are right next to what I call the deep freeze room. You just came out of the imprisonment room. I don't know all of the names of each room, but each is designed to trap, kill or hurt you somehow. They have a mind of their own. That girl you saw in the imprisonment room? She wasn't real. The walls made it. That's why I said the walls could be eavesdropping. There are a few safe rooms, this one being one of them. There are also several rooms that I don't know about- I haven't been in the whole mansion. Here, pass this map around. I am adding to it every time I find a new room. Someday, I'll find an exit." She handed the map to Peter who looked at it with wide eyes. "Wow. How long has it taken you to write down all of this? Look, here it tells you how long you've been trapped in each room. This one says fifty years! Surely not?" Shadow shrugged. "You don't age in here. Time moves differently. Outside, a year in here is basically a second out there. I have been stuck here for two hundred and fifty seven years. I know, I don't look it. But I've been through hell trying to get out of here. And now at least I have you guys." Echo felt sick. Extremely sick. What if they were to be trapped for that long? Shadow sighed once more. "You'll notice I also have escape routes for every room I've been in. Theres always a way out. This mansion is a game. I don't know how, but it is alive and it is using us as entertainment." Gary was scared, but he tried to seem brave. "So," He started, voice almost cracking. "How do we get out?" Shadow shrugged. "That's what I'm trying to find out."
--UltraViolet (Ruby)

Peter knew what they were saying. That's why he was here. He's been here way before them. Way before them. But what Shadow was telling him was different. You don't age. Wrong. He knew. He knew because he was a ghost. The un-dead. He died a natural death. He lived there eons and couldn't find a way out. Like a one way mirror. He watched the others listen intently. Goldie was playing with her hair. She looked different. For one she was not talking. Then she was frowning. Where was all the happiness? He listened to find a peice of information he did not know. Mansion. Mansion. Mansion? Wait, I't a mansion. Mansion! Of course a MANSION!! Everything was making sense. They were in the eye of it. They had to go through mirrors to different segment-like realms. He'd been to a lot. He had the map. Apart from one room. He could not find the gate way. He thought about how the mansion was open roofed. An open roofed mansion. He ruminated about that. It then made more sense. "This is not a mansion"Peter said"It's an elaborate maze designed to kill you" everyone silenced so he continued, "Sure it had rooms, but it has realms too. This is the first. We have to go to all trough to fin the exit." "What do you mean?"asked shadow "I mean, there is a way out some where." "But how?" she widened her eyes frantically, "But I looked! i searched everywhere, every nook and cranny and found nothing!!!" The rest thought about how they were in a conersation of their own, comprehending nothing. Goldie did comprehend something though, peter gave more attention to this shadow dude. Also, with each word, Echo turned a deeper shade of green. "You havent" peter chimed quietly "You haven't checked, up there" "What you mean the sky?" "Yes" "No" thinks "Nah. Child, i lived here longer that you." Peter smirked. Meanwhile... "He knows too much, they could escape" said the grim voice, well, grimly. "Do you wan't me to dispose of him?" "I thought you already did" "He is immortal" the grim man clenched his fist"ALMOST immortal. Kill off shadow too" "Sir, she is a shadow, an out cast. She belongs here. She holds the key to this place" The grim man smirked grimly "And she doesn't even know it." "Sir," "Yes" "Why?" "Drake, my son, to make them pay for all the times they tortured me." "Sir, it was a war!" "They amputated my limbs" "It was a training mission in which you got in the way and almost got killed!!!!" There is a squeltching noice and Drake is heard gasping for breath. It comes out in rasps from the hole in his neck. (Did it escalate too quickly? disregard if it did)
--Michael

*No you're fine; I kind of like the turn it's taking.* "We're not the only ones that the mansion," Echo began, pointedly saying mansion instead of maze,"has been watching." "Yes, we are," argued Shadow. "I've been here for years, and I've never seen a single real person except you guys." "But my, erm...friends, Hazel and Fawn, have been here and still are. I can feel it," Echo replied. "And what about Minnesota? And Willow?" asked Icicle. "I think they are, but I can't say for sure," Echo told her. "So anyway, how are we going to get out of this mansion?" asked Gary. "I have a plan, but I'm not sure it will work," muttered Shadow. "And it is a maze, it's actually the Ancient Greek Labyrinth."
--echoes [luna]

*lol this is fun* Shadow sighed. "Ok, so there are other people. What I meant was that I haven't seen anybody else, only seen monsters and...things you really, really do not want to see." Peter saw the deep pain in her eyes and felt a sympathy. "I haven't been in every room, I am just sick of spending years trying to find an exit." She looked as if she was about to cry, but she took a deep breath in and stood up. "Okay, so I haven't check realms. I have been trying to search rooms before I check realms as I need an escape route for every room, just in case we get stuck in it." Peter nodded. It made sense that she wanted to be prepared- nobody knew what could appear in each realm and even though he had been in some, every single one was different. Shadow cracked her knuckles and grabbed the map from Echo. "Are you guys willing to follow me?" Asked Shadow. As she looked around, everybody nodded. She felt a sense of joy. She wasn't alone anymore.
--UltraViolet (Ruby)

"Ok, so I have a plan. We find the remaining rooms and find exit routes for them, and then explore the realms. There are only a dozen or so realms, so depending on their...intensity...we should be okay. We need to all stick together and do not make decisions without consulting everybody. Got it?" Shadow asked firmly. They all knew that if they screwed up, they would be trapped forever. Peter didn't know how Shadow could possibly as old as she was, but he suspected she has been in a room he hasn't and that may have screwed up her timeline. If that was so, she is lucky to be alive. And he doubted she got out of it without any side effects- such as the powers he obtained from going into a hypnotising room. "So," she clapped her hands together. "We can camp here, then in the morning I'll let you know what I've got in mind for where we need to go- that it, so we can find the remaining rooms." They were all extremely tired, and as they curled up, Shadow grabbed a piece of paper from her backpack and started writing down a plan. She was not going to screw this up.
--UltraViolet (Ruby)

*sorry I'm adding so much, but its nice to write with you guys (: * Peter couldn't sleep. He had talked with Gary for a bit, but he was soundly soring and he could see Shadow's delicate face lit by the remaining coals of the fire. He sighed and turned over. As he did, Shadow barely glanced up. She was only halfway done with her plan and she desperately wanted to go out and double check she had the timings right as if she didn't, then the terrors could start a bit earlier than expected. She was very sure she had it right, though, so she pushed down the nerves in her stomach and continued writing. She knew this place inside and out and knew where the rooms were that she hadn't been in. The only places she hadn't been were the realms, which is where she knew Peter had experience in. She would have to talk to him about it in private later. She adjusted her ponytail before sitting up straight, taking a break. When she did, she saw Peter glancing at her. She flashed a smile and rubbed the back of her neck, targeting an ache. "Shadow," He whispered, about to ask a question. She nodded for him to continue. "Is Shadow your real name?" She considered this question for a little bit. Sighing, she got up and sat next to him. "I lost my name a long time ago. When I was in that room for 50 years, the walls tortured me. I am mentally scarred from that. I had to go through things I feel sick to remember. And I lost my name to them. So I am Shadow, for now. I make up fake names every now and then to keep it interesting- I chose them depending on what I've done recently. Shadow comes from spending three years in the darkness room. It seemed endless. But I found a way. I just needed to imagine light." She smiled to herself, then moved back to her piece of paper with her plans on it. Peter felt very sorry for her- she seemed skilled and very smart at what she does, but she also seemed very sad on the inside.
--UltraViolet (Ruby)

*I even feel sorry for Shadow lol*
--UltraViolet (Ruby)

That morning, Shadow led them to another room. "This is your test." She explained. "I have been in this room, and you need to find the way out. It is called the bully room, but I shall not tell you what is does. You will remember what is was like to be a little kid. That is your only clue.," Shadow opened the light pine door. When they all got in, the walls all started laughing. "You are a oversized dork!" One wall sneered. A punch fist came from the other, smacking Goldie to the floor. "Are you OK?" Peter bent down beside her. He thought she was annoying, but he had taken a liking for her. "Be a little kid, be a little- THAT'S IT! JUST HURT THESE STUPID WALLS!" Echo said. "YOU CALLED US STUPID! I'M TELLING THE TEACHER!" The walls chanted. "There are no teachers, dumbhead! And you are NOT invited to the cool kids party Friday!" Liz tried. The lock on the door started to undo. "More! More!" Screamed Peter. He was tired of this room. He karate chopped the wall. The lock twisted again. Gary, Goldie, and Icicle stuck their tongues out at the walls and danced in a circle. The lock finally came undone. They raced out the door, glad that Shadow was still there.
--Kayla

*Thanks for adding your part, Kayla (:* "Well done- you did that quicker than expected." Shadow smiled at them, gesturing for them to come and sit down. "Is everybody okay?" She added, seeing that Echo looked a bit traumatised. "Yeah," Echo responded, rubbing her eyes. "It just brought up memories, that's all." Shadow nodded. "You'll get that a lot. A lot of the rooms' torture is based on reminding you of past experience as well as triggering bad memories." She looked distance as she said this, but quickly shook her head and grabbed the plans she had written out the night before. "So, Shadow. Where do we go now?" Peter asked, glancing at the piece of paper in her hand.
--UltraViolet (Ruby)

"Ok, so we can't start moving until," She glanced at her watch. "4:34pm. It is now 3:10pm. So we have a while. At 4:34pm, we need to be out of this safe room and into the deep freeze room. From there, we need to take the second escape before it reached 5:00pm and into the hallucination room. We then escape from there before it reaches 5:36pm and we will reach another safe room. Then we take," She double checks the paper. "The second door on the left which will lead us to a room I haven't been before." She looked up at them all, nerves crowding her stomach. "Are you all prepared to do this?" They all nodded straight away, desperate to help in any way to find an exit. "Good. Alright, we have an hour and twenty minutes or so to prepare. Lets start."
--UltraViolet (Ruby)

They wearily followed Shadow's instructions, scared of what might be ahead. The name 'Deep Freeze' isn't exactly comforting, and Shadow knew that the others were very nervous. She had been doing this for over two centuries, so it was understandable that she was more excited than nervous. At 4:30pm, she gathered the others near the door that lead to the Deep Freeze room. She instructed them to take deep breaths to calm themselves, then explained what the room was all about. "Obviously, the room slowly cools until you go into a deep freeze," She sighed. "If you stay too long, you get frozen alive. Then, you stay until the next rotation of rooms and when you are melted, you suffer severe hypothermia. The way to avoid this is to lay on the ground and stay completely still. It is important that you are in the middle because the deep freeze starts from the outside in. Then, when it is about to reach you, we need to huddle together to stay warm. The ice will go over us but not effect us as we are in a group of heat. This works because the ice is imaginary, just like everything the walls create." Peter found himself frowning. "But, if you haven't been with anybody else all these years, how did you escape?" Shadow shrugged. "I've been in there nearly ten times. The first time, I had to go through the rotation After that, I used trial and error to see how I could escape. I've been through the freeze five times due to not getting the right solution, then three more times to make sure I was right. Mine still worked because I curled myself into a ball. The reason we will huddle together is because in theory it will be quicker." She explained, checking her watch. 4:33pm. "We have to go, now." She said quickly, opening the door.
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

As Shadow lead them into the room, meanwhile, there were other people watching them and planning. "Sir, " the servant started, unsure of how to continue. "Shadow is getting more powerful and she doesn't even know it. Her intelligence has peaked and her powers that she developed from the edit in her timeline are starting to rise." The creator looked a little concerned, though he tried not to show it to the servant. "What powers will she posess?" He asked finally after what seemed like forever. "Well," the servant started once more, reading from paper. "It is suspected she will be able to read other people and control them to an extent using her extreme brain power, as well as time travel due to the edit in her timeline. And, even though this usually would make the user insane, it is suspected she will be able to handle it and make rational decisions of her own without pain as she is so..." He looked for the right word. The creator sighed, "Smart." He answered for him. "Which means we won't be able to get her on our side. She a bigger threat than Peter now. " The servant found himself covered In fear. "What...what are we going to do? Our original plan was to turn her on our side and make the others follow!" He started to panic. The creator sighed once more. "We wait. We wait until they find the exit and see what happens. We can use our secret weapon on her if needed. But, all that matters is that we entertain the mansion. If we don't..." He looked deep into the servants eyes. "We will suffer more than death."
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

*somebody write about the deep freeze room I'm out of inspiration lol*
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

"HERE!" Goldie cried. She opened the heavy platinum door and stepped inside. "No wait-" Shadow was cut off by the slam of the door and a scream. They rushed inside to find her lying on the ground, murmuring things. Peter gaped. "Dogs, bunny fre da e" were the words she was saying. That was a code that he did not know what leads too, but he knew it was deadly. They looked around and realized they were not in the deep freeze room, instead what looked like a safe room. Peter stared at Echo. She then seemed to disappear, but was really lying on the ground murmuring "Dogs, bunny fre da e". Shadow glanced at him angryly. He fell to the floor, and mumbled "Dogs, bunny fre da e". Last to fall was Shadow, who had a pretty good grip on the floor. When she said the deadly code, they all seemed to fall into a black hole. Everyone was attached like glue,then with great pain they all unstuck and fell in diferent ways. Peter landed on a island with a bathing suit, a drink, and a chair. "Sweet!" he exclaimed. He leaned in to take a drink, but then remembered that it was probubly poison. Meanwhile, Goldie was busy riding a unicorn on a rainbow. "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" She cried. She saw the most butiful
--Kayla

*(Sorry)* ring she had ever seen. "Touch it..." The unicorn said. She hopped of and walked torward it. "Touch it...." The unicorn said again. She placed a finger on it. All of the sudden she was being pulled apart. Not litterally, but enough to hurt her.
--Kayla

*I'm sorry, but I don't really understand what you said in the previous paragraph- how bout I write a little abut the freeze room then you continue? Sorry (its 3:00am here and im very tired) I just am struggling to get my head around it; Im not trying to be rude* As Shadow heaved the door open, she smiled grimly and lead the others inside. When the door shut, the walls started to cool down the room. "Quickly!" Shadow said, motioning for everybody to follow her. "Get to the middle." They did as they were told, and they all lay in the middle and huddled together. Then, the ice started. It started slowly, then gradually accelerated and was nearly touching them, the temperature almost unbearable. "I'm so cold-" Echo stuttered, shivering violently. Shadow suspected she might already have hypothermia, so she wrapped her leather jacket around Echo and then wrapped her own arms round herself, simply in a black t-shirt. She was used to the cold as she had done this many times, so the temperature didn't effect her as much as the others. Peter found himself shivering as well, and by the time the ice had gone over them and disappeared, everybody was shivering a little, apart from Shadow. She then quickly made them stand up and travel to the next door, glancing at her watch. 4:56pm. Right on time. She lead them through to the next door- the hallucination room.
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

Everyone felt the change, nearly palpable, settle on them. Then Echo saw Fawn, in pain and alone. He was shivering without anyone to save him, and in another corner of the room, Echos best friend Hazel was dying from a sword wound in her gut. Fawn looked like he was dying too. "You can only save one of us," said Hazel weakly. "Echo, I love you," added Fawn. "No!" Echo screamed, beginning to cry. She had to decide fast. Meanwhile, Goldie thought that everyone had disappeared. She was scared and nervous as she heard footsteps of something huge and mechanical. "Not again!" she cried. "Don't leave me here alone!" Then she began to cry. While that was happening, Peter saw Echo as a little girl. "Peter!" she exclaimed, as she looked about ten. "It's so good to see you!" He immediately felt guilty, thinking there was her life force in his pocket. He had taken her soul to protect her, but the price was that he was almost a ghost, and dark thoughts began to creep into his mind. He cackled evilly. As that was happening, Liz was seeing Gary with a knife, about to thrust it into her heart. He grinned maliciously, and she sobbed as well. "Please don't do this," she pleaded. "You did this to me," he replied. Then Gary saw everyone in pain and dying, and he knew he was powerless to stop it. While everyone else was hallucinating, Shadow didn't need to know. She saw everything as it was, with her comrades crying, screaming, or looking evil. A voice told her she had failed. But she had seen so many things in here and been through this room so many times that she knew what to do and she knew she hadn't failed. "Guys!" she cried. "It's not real!"
--echoes [luna]

*Thank you :)* Shadow closed her eyes and tried to ignore the yelling of her fake parents and turned to try and grab the others. If she could convince hem it wasn't real, they would be out in the blink of an eye. "ECHO!" She yelled, running over. Echo felt confused by Shadow's voice and turned, almost relief in her eyes. "Shadow- look. I have to choose. What do I do? WHAT DO I DO?" She started screaming with tears and Shadow felt panic surge in Ech's voice. She place her hands on Echo's shoulders and looked into her eyes. "Echo, listen. Look in my eyes." Echo did as she was told. "It isn't real. It isn't real." She said repeatedly, getting more firmer. Echo shook her head. "Those are my friends- I have to save them!" Shadow shook her own head. "This isn't real. They aren't real. This is a game. This isn't real." She kept repeating it until Fawn and Hazel disappeared completely. Echo looked distraught- she missed her friends and hadn't seen them in so long- but she knew that it was for the best. They moved onto helping everybody else. By the time they got to Gary, it was nearly time to go. When everybody had fought their hallucinations, Shadow rushed to the next door and swung it open, nearly shoving everybody inside. She knew that if she didn't, they would be locked inside again and worse hallucinations would start. They ran into the next room and Shadow sighed a breath of relief. It was the next safe room. From there, they would go to the door on her left to one of the three rooms she hadn't been in before. She has dreading going in there- if it was hard, they could be in there for fifty years, just like she was in one of the other rooms. She shook her head to herself. No. She wouldn't let that happen. She turned to the others. "Lets rest here for a while."
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

*My pleasure. I can't believe I forgot Icicle even though she's my character xD//face palm//* "That was...intense," muttered Liz. Everyone agreed. "What did everyone see?" wondered Goldie. "I saw a cyborg creeping towards me, all alone." It was obvious she wasn't saying everything, but the others could understand. "I saw my best friend and my boyfriend dying," Echo admitted, tearing up a little. "I saw all of us dying," added Gary. "I saw the other ice nymphs dying. They're all dead, anyway though," whispered Icicle. "I saw Gary trying to kill me," murmured Liz. "I don't want to talk about it," said Peter sadly, thinking of how he still held Echo's life in his hands. "Neither do I," agreed Shadow. "By the way, I should give you some information on this next room. I call it the darkness room. Once you step inside all light disappears. The room after that is the ghost room, where ghosts of your past come to haunt you. The final room before the next safe room is the fighting room. It gets you to turn on your comrades, but I'm sure if we work together we'll get it, though." "Uh, Shadow?" asked Goldie. "How do you know you'll turn on your comrades if you were alone?" Shadow didn't answer for a few minutes. "It's about time to head to the darkness room," she said finally.
--echoes [luna]

*Haha. Also the next room was supposed to be the first room she hadn't been in, but that can be after the next safe room cause the darkness and fighting room sound fun :) * The others could tell that Shadow had been forced to do dark things in her past, and they had started to respect her immensely. Whatever she had been through, it had turned her into a strong willed- woman and even though there was a deep sadness and coldness on the inside, she seemed very wise and smart. "Now, as you'll remember, I was trapped in here for fifty years. Don't worry. You wont be. You just have to imagine light. And no, its not an actual light. Its a metaphorical light- the light of your life. The reason you live." She sighed, rubbing her neck. "It might take a little while for you to imagine the strongest light in your life, but all of us have, we will be moved to the fighting room. In the fighting room, you need to focus. It doesn't work on me anymore because I've been in there so many times, but you need to remember who your friends are. Now, lets get this over with." Without looking back, she opened the door to the darkness room. Meanwhile..."She going to develop her powers soon." The creator decided. He could tell from the automatic brain scans that had been sent to him. "First, she will be able to read brief thoughts off people. And then she'll be able to read minds. It wont take her long to learn how to control it, so she wont go crazy. And, eventually, she will be able to control and travel through time." The creator sighed, even though he was talking to himself. "This is a disaster. A complete disaster. She is too smart to be tricked onto our side. We need Peter. Somehow, we have to tempt Peter to come to our side. Somehow..." The creator sat back and tried to think of a way that Peter would be forced onto his side. When the idea finally popped in his head, he smiled.
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

"I know exactly what we should do," said the man. "I'll manipulate him through his past and that girl's life he has right this minute. It's perfect." "Yes," agreed another voice. "Perfect." "Manipulation is my best chance, and I'm amazing at it, but anyway, quickly," he said.
--echoes [luna]

"I may not get Shadow, but I'll have Peter." He muttered to himself. "And that will have to do for now." Meanwhile.....As Shadow close the door to the room, darkness quickly swallowed them. "Remember, all you need to do is picture the light of your life." She quickly flushed out the worry that anybody was afraid of the dark before sitting down on the cold floor. She couldn't picture the same thing she pictured last time she was in here- they weren't the light of her life anymore. She sighed and rubbed her eyes, frustrated, wondering how the others were coping.
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

*(I love KidPub!)*
--MEOW {Kayla}

*By the way it is Kayla*
--Golden Pen

Meanwhile, everyone had found the light of their life except for Peter. He was imagining his parents, that didn't work. Then he imagined Echo. A small light started to grow, but a huge shadow blocked it. "Come with me, or else." Peter did not want to follow. He was scared. Echo is still the light of my life, right? He thought. But before he could decide, a hand pulled him out of the room. "Listen, don't follow K.C., follow me. I am really trying to get you out." A man stepped out of the shadows. "Who is K.C.?" He asked, puzzled. "Shadow." "You know her real name?" "Yep." The man smiled. "Look. Follow me, and Echo will survive this whole place, Goldie will never find out that you are almost immortal, and Shadow will lead the others to... umm...... somewhere safe. Yes, somewhere safe." The man walked over to a small door. "Stay in here for now." He opened the door too the bed of Peter's dreams. He stepped in, almost exsausted, and fell asleep.
--Golden Pen

As Peter was lead to his dreams, Shadow immediately noticed the change in aura of the room and as the darkness subsided and they were transported to the fighting room, she knew that he had been taken. She knew they would have been watched over this whole time- somebody had to be- and just as they were getting closer to finding an exit, the watchers took away one of her most valuable sources of help. She looked over at Echo, feeling hopeless. She curled her hand into a fist and took a deep breath in. This couldn't stop them. After this room, after they reached the next safe room, she would tell them what had happened and would make a plan to find him. No man was to be left behind. No matter how long it extended the journey by. She wasn't going to leave anybody in this hell.
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

Enter the next paragraph...
--Melanie

Enter the next paragraph...
--Melanie

Enter the next paragraph...
--Anna

Enter the next paragraph... really?
--Anna

*Are we really going with this? I mean I did it and no one liked it, so why do it now?*
--Golden Pen

*What's happening? I kinda forgot about this lol, but it seems like it has died.*
--amore {luna}

I have no idea what is happening but I will just say this: HELLO, CHILDREN!!! HOW YA DOIN??
--melanberry

*It hasn't died, but people are ruining it by mucking around. Can somebody actually add to my last paragraph and not just use this as a conversation?*
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

*Yeah guys if you want to converse could you please use the A/N? It's author's notes, and it's on the talk about drop down at the top. Thank you.* "Something feels wrong," Echo said suddenly. Then she saw Shadow. "Why are you so tense, Shadow?" she asked. "Because," replied Shadow anxiously, "Peter is gone!" "What are we going to do?!" panicked Goldie. "Who would have taken him?" "I think I know," Shadow muttered. "But none of us are going to like it, that's for sure!" *Sorry it's short I'm uninspired today.*
--amore {luna}

When Peter woke up, it felt like he was welcoming an old friend. He went through the door, and, to his suprize, the man was sitting there, as if he had known that he was about to walk through the door. "Where are we going today?" He rubbed his hand nervously over the small, round, table. "Nowhere. Now sit down and listen. I will help you out of here, if you prove yourself worthy. Now, I need you to go climb that rock wall. Have fun!" To Peter's suprize, a huge rock wall was peacefully standing before him. He eagerly grabbed one ledge, then another, but as soon as he got to the top, the rock wall just got higher. Up and up he went, not caring that he was sweaty and tiered. "Listen...I...need...for...this...to...stop.....Arms...getting...tiered....." He gulped out with almost the last of his breath. Now that he thought about it, that man didn't seem trustworthy. Peter looked down. he was only five feet in the air. Then he realized that he was doing a wall that spun like a treadmill, except up and down, not left and right.
--Golden Pen

*Thank you* Meanwhile.. "What are you going to do!?" Echo felt panicked. She couldn't loose Peter, of all people. Not now. "Please, calm down. I'm already formulating a plan. Please sit down while I explain it." Shadow rubbed her eyes, tired, stressed, but nevertheless she sat down with the others and sighed. "Look, I know who has Peter. THEY do. The people or person who made this place. They took me about fifty years ago, telling me that I should join them or whatever. It was really tempting, but you have to remember that whatever the reason you are trapped in here, it is because they want you to either die or join them. That means you could be useful to them. So I didn't join them, and they sent me back into this hell, and when I get out I will hurt them. I'll hurt them all." Shadow's fists curled. "I know how to escape THEM. But I need to be able to communicate with him. I already know how I can do that, and I think Echo does as well, because Peter probably figured it out and told you." Echo nodded. Shadow waited for Echo to explain as the confused expression spread throughout the room. "Well..." Echo started. "Peter told me that Shadow will probably be able to read minds and use telepathy at some point, because of the mess up in her timeline with her not aging and her IQ level. He also told me that at some point she will be able to time travel, and maybe even control time, but he isn't sure because he doesn't know how big the rip is in her timeline" Everybody turned to Shadow. She shrugged. "I can use telepathy and catch snippets of what you guys are thinking. Don't worry, your secrets are safe with me. I think the creators want each and every one of us for a particular reason- mine probably being these stupid glitches in my timeline- so please, do not give yourself up. Now, I need to finish this plan to rescue Peter."
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

*I know this is a little hypocritical, using this to type, but im a little freaked out- is anybody getting the animated snow on your screen when you go on KP or is that just me?*
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

*Luna im waiting on you XD*
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

*Okay sorry. Btw I saw it a few days ago, and like I said, AN. It's okay though, just try to do it with a paragraph or something.* "I have to go with you!" cried Echo, startling everyone. "Why?" asked Shadow, frowning. "I don't know, but I just do. I can't explain it," replied Echo. "Okaaaay," Shadow said. "Weird, but I'm not taking you with me. It's too dangerous." *Sorry it's so short I'm so uninspired rn.*
--amore {luna}

*haha, all good. I think we are the only two doing it at the moment anyway* Echo had tears threatening to spill. Shadow saw this and looked around the safe room. Everybody was stressed. She had forgotten what it was like to loose somebody close, because she had lost so many people that she had given up hope. But she couldn't show them that. "Okay.." She sighed, running her hand through her messy brown hair. "You can all come. But you have to do exactly what I say. Got it?" They all nodded, eager to please, eager to get their friend back. Meanwhile... "Peter. Wake up." The creator smiled down smugly at Peter as his eyes opened. He was scared, but he tried to swallow his fear as the creator pulled him up. "You are in a prison cell. Do not attack me. Lucky for you, your friend Shadow is coming to get you. The bad news is she will die before she gets here." The creator was lying, but it did what he wanted. It made Peter loose hope. The creator knew that when Shadow got here, there would be no stopping her. Her anger would take over. But he now had something to bargain with.
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

"it's the end of the road here..." Shadow said. She had already hit her nose and it was bleeding badly. "are you okay?" asked echo soothingly "yeah, just fine" Shadow said trying to hide all the grief and frustration. and anger. Anger with herself. How could peter go like that? She was traumatized to the core. She had had nightmares every blessed night. It was the same thing over, and over again. She was in a forest. Peter was calling out to her. But she couldn't find him. She tried taking different routes every time but it wouldn't work. She saw everyone else tentatively touching the invisible barrier. Liz mummured softly, there has got to be an opening, a chink in the armour somewhere. "no" shadow said grimly, nothing. "but peter travelled through there easily..." Liz said. Peter. It brought grief like never before to shadow. "oh yeah , well he was somebody! unlike me! he was adventurous kind and smart! smarter that I ever would have been! He was crafty"she threw a stone at the wall. "do you hear me? CRAFTY!!!" she threw another stone and broke down and wept. The stone swirled and created a visible wind vortex around it. Gary swore under his breath as he saw the stone tear a hole inside the air. This must've been how a black hole looks like. On the other side, it was dark and gloomy. Shadow got up and said sorry many times while wiping tears away. She opened her eyes and saw what she did. They all stood aghast for a whole minute. Then shadow stepped in the hole and the others followed. The first thing they saw was a volcano. The first thing they heard was the shrill cry of an elemental dragon. and they felt a smoky breath watching them...
--Michael

"It looks like your friends are here," The creator said, peering into his hand held device. He was watching their every move. "They have stumbled into my hallucination room leading to my office. Perfect." He mumbled. Peter was scared. More scared than he had ever been. The creator was trying to bargain with him to get Shadow onto his side. And if Shadow was as powerful as the creator made her out to be, then he certainly didn't want that. The only way to stop it was to die. Could he do that to himself? Sacrifice himself for the greater good? *Sorry its so short*
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

*It's okay.* As they walked into the room, Shadow got a weird feeling. A pit of fear settled in her gut, something she hadn't truly felt in a long time. "Guys, I don't think we should go into this room," she muttered nervously. "We have to find Peter," countered Echo firmly. "No matter the cost." "I understand, but..." Shadow hesitated. Echo tilted her head curiously, "Yes?" "This room feels off," Shadow replied at last. "We'll be fine," assured Goldie. "It's for Peter, after all." She shut the door behind them, and they all heard it lock. Instantly Shadow tried to unlock it, but it didn't budge. "This isn't good," whispered Gary anxiously.
--amore {luna}

*this is getting cool lol* Shadow instantly knew that their every move would count and that they were being watched more closely than before. Although she wasn't great at it, she tried her best to contact everybody in their minds using her newly developed telepathy. The message was broken, but she knew they all got what she was basically saying- Don't mess up. From her experience, she guessed that this was something to mess with your mind as it was very dark and therefore they didn't have any depth perception. She closed her eyes, hearing her heart thumping in her ears. She had to lead them through this. She couldn't mess up now. She couldn't let anybody else get captured. She sent another telepathic message, this time with more confidence. It turned out much clearer. 'I'm going to slowly walk ahead. Only come when I tell you'. She was willing to sacrifice herself. She had had a long life, and even though a lot of it was torture, she wanted these people to get out healthy and alive to live to their full potential. Echo felt tears sting her eyes, triggered by fear. Icicle was gripping what she though was Goldie's hand, and Gary put a reassuring hand on Liz's shoulder. They could do this. One way or another.
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

Shadow ran up to the top of the volcano. "It's a trap," she yelled, "I will jump in and you will follow. It will lead straight to the office. Then we can go back and get Peter out of that stupid prison cell. If I have this right, if you hold my hands and the people holding their hands will be able to travel with me. Now, jump!" She leaped into the volcano. The fake lava sizzled around her, and when the last lava bubble disappeared, she found herself in a small prison cell, full of people either moaning or going crazy. When she and the others got there, they strolled down the hallway to Peter's cell. "Now grab my hands!" She screamed. They held hands and watched the room go blurry. When they came into the past, they saw the owner drag a sleeping Peter through the hall. They hopped out, grabbed Peter, who woke up confused, and told him to grab on to Goldie's right. They went back to the present times, then gave Peter a huge hug before explaining it all to him. *I add ever so often, and here is one of those times!*
--Golden Pen

*thank you :)* Shadow was exhausted. She couldn't believe she was able to travel through time and also control it, and she couldn't believe she got it right the first time, but she was tired. A headache was starting to pulse in the back of her head as the others all greeted Peter. "We...we need to get moving." She took a deep breath in, trying her best to not let her fatigue show through. "Welcome back Peter. Now, we have to get out of here. The creator must have an exit. This is the real world. The mansion..is a hallucination..." She wiped sweat that had started to form on her forehead. "Most likely he will have a door to...well..outside. To freedom." The others all were filled with hope, and even if Shadow wasn't completely right, she wanted the others to not give up. "Lets go."
--Alexithymia (Ruby)

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)