//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
It's a NES, so we can't . But someone should just start at a part.
--Scarlett H.

Which part then?
--Michael

I say you guys just completely start over with the prompt below. Just write for liz and gary for a while amd then introduce your own original characters if you want.
--TheTruth(Tori)

Can someone tell me where we are in The story?
--Maria

*We are starting at the mansion* Liz looked over to Gary. They lay atop the lush green lawn of Gateway Mansion. "What happened?" murmered Liz. All of a sudden a mighty voice shook the Earth. Gary woke up with a start, and grabbed Liz's hand. The sky grew black with clouds, and thunder rumbled. "What's happening?!" yelled Gary. But Liz didn't hear him. Suddenly a bolt of light shot out and cracked the clouds open like an egg, and arguing voices spilled from it. "Where are we in the story?!" "What part then?" "Can't we start over?" All sorts of nonsense that overwhelmed the heavens. The eggshell of the skies broke open further, revealing giants in the sky. They continued arguing until they noticed the terrified siblings. It grew quiet. Until a particular giant spoke up. "We apologize for the turmoil and confusion in your world." said the gentle giant's voice. "Who are you?" squeaked Liz. The giants murmered for a bit, and another giant spoke. "We are powerful beings who can control your lives." they said. "There has been unrest and confusion among us, and so your lives' path has become twisted, like a grand story." Gary and Liz looked at each other in amazement. "So you put us back here?" Gary asked. "Yes." said the giant. "We have decided you have lived in your past adventures for too long. You must experience new challenges, meet new friends, and learn more about yourselves and the world around you." "Will you be able to protect us?" asked Liz. "When it is critical; yes." nodded the giant. "Now go, live out your new epic, my children." And with that, the sky healed its wound, and cleared to its normal blue. "Well," said Gary. "I suppose we have a new adventure waiting for us." Liz nodded, and she ran off into the mansion, and Gary galloped behind her. Liz turned this way and that, randomly selecting corridors to dart through. Soon she halted. She stood in front of a door painted like the Ying Yang symbol. "This one." she rasped between gasps of air. "This is our new door."
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

@Intoxicating Dream Juice that's amazing!!!!!!!!! I'll go next!
--Scarlett

The second the two children entered the door, it slammed shut behind them. Liz tried looking around, but she couldn't see a thing. "Gary?" She whispered, flailing her arms around. One of her arms smacked something. "OW!" She heard Gary yell. Liz held back a nervous giggle. "Sorry." Gary muttered something under his breath. "Whatever," He finally answered. Suddenly, Liz saw a faint glow of light coming from somewhere ahead of her. She took a step forward. "Do you see that light?" She asked Gary. "Yea," He replied, following the light too. Once they'd reached it, they saw that it was a small lamppost. Without thinking, Liz reached out...and tapped it. Instantly, light flooded the room. Liz and Gary closed their eyes, the light extremely painful. After a few seconds, though, their eyes adjusted to the light, and they slowly opened their eyes. "Oh no," Liz hissed, grabbing Gary's arm. "Do you know where we are?" Gary shook his head. With one shaking hand, Liz pointed over to a couple of metal tables that seemed to be stained with a red liquid. A small bench near them held rusted tools also covered with the red liquid. "We're in an asylum."
--Scarlett

"Yes children." came a voice from behind them. They whipped around to see a pale, bald woman who arrived seemingly out of nowhere. She held a sharp hourglass figure, with piercing black eyes and thin lips which curved into a smirk. "I've heard about you two." she continued. "You're the ones who were running around a rickety deserted mansion, thinking that every door was a new world. Some considered it pretend. I saw that you two had psycopathic minds developing by the minute. So I took you under my wing, and now here you are." she made a grand gesture. "Which door can get us out of here?" whispered Gary. Liz was about to reply when -"Doors! Doors DOORS DOORS!! ALL THE DOORS!" the woman screamed. "THE DOORS AREN'T REAL NO DOORS TO ESCAPE YOUR MIND!" she began to rasp as fury burned in her eye, with her feet spread apart and her hands curled into fists. But she suddenly relaxed, and took a deep breathe, and returned to her poised position. "Children, I know you love your doors, but there are none here. We will not talk about the doors, understand? It upsets others." she said like a kindergarten teacher. Liz protested, "but we don't want to be here we need a door"-"TALK ABOUT THE DOORS AND I WILL SLURP YOUR WARPED LITTLE MINDS LIKE SOUP OUT OF THE BOWL OF YOUR SKULL!" the woman squealed again. Liz and Gary became silent. "Good." she smiled. "now lets take you to your rooms with your new friends." she said. Liz looked up at the madwoman and wondered of she was a patient too. She saw the nametag that adorned her white coat. "Larima." Liz knew little about this place, but she was sure of one thing; they needed to get out; fast.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

As the children stepped through the portal to the seventh realm they looked at each other and said,"NINJAS". There were blindsided as they stepped through into the realm and were captured nearly instantaneously by the ninja pirates. They were put in sacks and brought to a large shipyard.
--Luc

They woke up to see nothing but could only hear a faint yell. "YOU BETTER LISTEN TO ME OR I'LL MAKE YOU!" Someone said. Gary looked at Liz. Gary pulled out his pocket knife and cut some holes in the sacks to get them out. Liz got up and stretched. Gary listened. "THEN GO DROWN." Said the same voice. Footsteps were followed by the yelling. Liz and Gary slowly walked away, but still watched. Showed a strange man in all black suit and a mask over his face. "Go ahead. Drown." He said. "Sir, please don't." The person who was ordered to drown said. The man pushed them in anyway. "Good! Now where are the other two. They are next." He said. Liz and Gary gasped.
--Julia

Liz spoke first, "You think we're stupid enough to go by your rules? YOU'RE THE ONE WHO IS THROWING KIDS INTO A WATER TO DROWN!~ THAT'S WHAT'S STUPID!" Her exaggeration was over the top, and it was completely unnecessary, but she knew what to do, while Gary just stood there, not sure what to do or say; he simply just went with it, as if he had no regrets.
--Tyrion (Max)

*what happened to the asylum?!*
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

*I'm continuing from @Intoxicating Dream Juice, since it makes sense than the other casual entries XD* The woman, Larima, led Gary and Liz to room that smelt like a rotting corpse. "Now you children make yourself nice and comfortable!",she turned and said to the twins, " I'll wake you up tomorrow and I'll even consider giving you something to eat if you behave well!". The door shut with a slam, blasting their faces with the foul air. They stared reluctantly at the grey door, hearing to the fading sound of the women's one sided conversation. Gary slowly opened his mouth, "What, the actual,-". "Shhh! Language Gary!" "What!? Its not like anyone's listening smartypants!" "SHHH!" "Awh c'mon it's not even a cuss!" "No you idiot, shut up and listen..." Gary gave her an agitated look about her hypocrisy before cocking his head to the side. Sure enough, a faint sound was coming from the room behind there wall. The sound of a girl. Yelling. The twins started at each other their cluelessness reflecting in each other's eyes. That was before suddenly Liz began yelling back on top of her voice, "HEY, WE HEAR YOU!" The girl on the other side stopped yelling. for a second Liz feared she lost contact with the other person. That is until she heard tapping noises. It continued for a while. It kept repeating. Gary jumped suddenly and took out his pocket book. "What, what is it?" Liz question, her curiosity nagging at her. With his eyes sparkling Gary turned and said, "Morse code!" The twins hammered on their heads interpreting the message. Gary finally solved it, and as he did his smile slipped of his face. He started breathing heavily as he stared at the words. "God, What is it?" Liz questioned. She grabbed the book from his hands and her blood drained from her face. Clearly written were the words: SHE IS GOING TO KILL US.
--Ignored(Ru)

"No. I-I can't take this as an answer. ARE YOU UP THERE, YOU PEOPLE WHO CLAIM TO 'PROTECT' US?" Liz yelled. Gary jumped up and covered her mouth with his hand until she calmed down. He turned her head toward his and said to her in a quiet but commanding voice, "Liz. Don't yell. she will hear us, and Lord knows what will happen then. But we can communicate; we know that. We just need to keep our heads on straight and think. Okay?" Liz wiped a tear from her eye as Gary removed his hand from her mouth. "Yes. I understand." Gary nodded, then slowly and carefully tapped out a message in Morse code on the wall. *<this means it is in code>* <Can you understand us> Gary tapped. <Yes> A chorus of taps poured into the room.
--WordSmith(Emma)

?
--Krystal

*Soo @Krystal, I'm guessing you are lost? We all are wandering around right now... testing out the new idea and how the current writers portray the chosen characters. @Emma, really cool username! I kinda wanna steal it :p. Anyways on topic, Liz's character is morphed out in a different setting. She is not supposed to be portrayed as... someone who easily cries. She is more feisty and strong. Literally, the only time I remember her crying was when her brother was being tortured and she was going through too much emotional strain. She is not easily put off :) Also, out of the two twins she is the one good with words but is often reckless. Gary is more laid back and believes in planning before hand, in contrast to his twin. He is blunt unlike Liz who can make people feel great about themselves. Gary is a great leader, but often forgets his purpose without his sister Liz, who is has great gut instincts. I just feel its important for us to clarify their characters since it can disrupt the perfectly amazing paragraphs such as the one you entered above :D*
--Ignored(Ru)

*sorry about that character personality flaw. I haven't done this in a while* Gary smiled. Liz straightened up, then realized she had been crying. Now she was horribly angry, but... what was wrong with her? Was she going bipolar? She felt dizzy and she wanted to cartwheel around the room. Then it hit her. The asylum itself was messing with her. *nice save, huh? ;)*
--WordSmith(Emma)

Gary tapped out a new message, "Who are you?" In response, "Angeline, and we need to get out.
--Lauren

*Angeline perspective* Through the wall, to the others, I yelled, "I have a plan!" And that's when the lady, Larima, came back. "A plan for what, might I ask?" I kicked her in the gut and on the shin, trying to make an escape. Luckily, she was stunned and I made it out. I opened the door to the place where the others were, and they burst out, seeping with fear. "Please tell me you're Angeline?" Whimpered the boy. "Yes, I suppose I am. And you are?" "Gary, and my twin sister Liz." "You say, twins?" "Yes." Liz said. "You have come to save us! The saviors have come!" All at once, they could hear more voices. They were a part of something big. Tremendously big.
--Lauren

@Lauren actually, I think we're doing this in third person view.
--Scarlett

*@Emma, Ah its cool :) that lord that was hell of a save \m/. @Lauren, Great plot setting! Although I wonder if you read the personality explanation of Gary... He's more collected. He doesn't really whimper. Though hey you did just give as an idea of what the problem is about so meh XP. @Scarlett, I believe perspectives were changed all the time since it gave a deeper understanding about the character's opinion or feelings... Basically, although its kinda confusing, perspectives are changed according to the story teller's motives :D* (Gary's POV) I scanned the girls appearance. she was short, around 5'2. Her amber hair was long and wild, and ended at her hips. Her face was painted with a cold frown, though her eyes dark eyes showed strength and reasonable smartness. "You're pretty! Oh, I'm Liz by the way!" Ka boom! Leave it to my sister to make the first impression. "I'm Gary..." I informed, scanning the hallway we were in. It was dark and smelt like... "Why does it smell so much of rotting flesh?" I gagged. Liz rolled her eyes, "Oh I don't know. I guess its because of.. oh that's right! The old hag ate humans!" I through a dirty look to my overly sarcastic sister. "No." The girl Angeline finally spoke. We stared at her. "Well, what do you mean 'No'?" Liz asked. The girl turned and looked at the old woman before staring at me deep in the eyes, "She eats rotting corpses."
--Ignored(Ru)

*@Ignored(Ru): Thanks! @ everyone: back to third person.* Liz blinked at the idea of eating rotting corpses, but she quickly regained her composure. Gary let no hint of emotion show on his face, although he was quite shaken. He felt Angeline had been added to his list of responsibilities. But just as Angeline finished her sentence, the door flew open. Lamira was back.
--WordSmith(Emma)

@Ru, thx!
--Lauren

*@Everyone: Hi, sorry I never did anything with this. I was on break, and then I had writer's block but whatever. This is probably much better than anything I could've come up with. * Angeline hissed and drew back, half crouched and staring wildly. Gary and Liz stayed where they were, unsure of what to do when faced with their potential murderer. "Oh, children." Lamira said, smiling and taking a small step closer. "I see that you have met my Angeline. Has she told you anything?" Gary shook his head, and Lamira frowned. "Oh, I thought I heard voices. Then again, you never really know who voices belong to here." She smiled, and took another step forwards. "Now, I think it will be a little safer for you if you stay away from her. She can be very, well, persuasive." Lamira suddenly stopped, and walked in a slow circle around the twins. Liz spun around as she passed, and Gary put a wand on her arm. Lamira turned to look down the hallway, and then back at the twins. She smiled, and then slowly walked down the hallway until the darkness seemed to swallow her up. Liz tore her arm away from Gary's grasp. "Liz." Gary said, looking her in the eye. "Where did Angeline go?" "What do you mean?" Liz said, then, looking around, she saw no trace of the odd girl. *Hope that was good enough!*
--Pipevine Swallowtail

The twins spun around, scanning the hallway anxiously for any sign of Angeline. "Where could she have gone?" Liz said incredulously, "I mean, really, she can't turn invisible or anything- well, then again, maybe she can." Gary shrugged once to show he didn't know, then another time in an attempt to collect himself. "Well, we're here in the hallway, so we might as well explore." Liz finished. "Are you insane?! We're in an asylum, for heaven's sake! Along with an obviously mental corpse-eater and a possibly mental girl, along with whoever else is here! No way are we exploring!" Gary said, but Liz was already tiptoeing down the hall toward another door. She flattened herself against the wall and edged toward the doorknob. With a flick of her wrist, the door opened. A human-like creature flew out. "Oh, thank goodness you've come! It was getting stuffy in there. Hi, my name's Tacyn, and you two are- oh, you don't have to be scared, I'm not crazy from sitting in an empty room for months by myself with no one to talk to or anything to do!" The creature, Tacyn, paused for a moment, then continued, "Well, maybe a little crazy. But not much. Oh, I've got so much to say! Wait, what are your names again?" Liz and Gary were quite used to odd creatures, but even they did a double take when they saw Tacyn. She looked normal enough, with straight auburn hair cut in a mangled bob, bright green eyes, and a friendly smile, but one thing set her apart. On her back was a huge pair of wings, not like fairy wings, but huge feathered wings like an eagle's.
--WordSmith(Emma)

*@Swallowtail, heyy :D the para was awesome, just what we needed since at least I didn't get what to do with Angeline!* (Liz's POV) Oh great. Another crazy person. Great. taking another look at her, she seemed to be short. Is everyone here short? Makes me feel nice. I felt the familiar irritating of Gary nudging me. We don't always share thoughts and ideas but, one look at his eyes and I knew he wanted to know what I felt about this girl. hmm. What did I feel? "Umm, You know, if you guys don't like my wings, I could tuck them in?" she said. "Nah, they're cool!" I turned and grinned at her. My gut was my buddy, and I trust my buddy. This girl was no threat. And till now, it didn't even seem like she was hiding anything from us. I held my hand out, "My names Liz, and that's the stupid twin Gary." Ah. Introductions are my favorite! She lowered herself onto her feet while tucking her wings in. "Heylo!" she said shaking my hand "Excuse my sister. Anyways, how were you captured here?" Her smile left her eyes but not her face, "I-I came looking for my sister. She wasn't crazy! We were telepathic. She kept sending me messages to help her. Said she was getting tortured. But. I was too late... She couldn't make it."
--Ignored(Ru)

"She became the meal for Larima... But its okay!" she said perkily. "You guys are here and you can help us. And then we can be free as a bird!" She giggled. "No pun intended." Liz smiled. It was clear to Gary they would become close within the (hopefully) short time they were there. "I think it would be safer if we were to stay in our cells for the time being." Gary said. "Otherwise we'd just provoke Larima and-" he stopped. Everyone knew that they had to tread lightly to survive the madwoman until they could find a way out. "Alright." Liz said. "We can all stay in Tacyn's room." An intercom came on, crackly and old. "Patients are reminded to stay in their seperate cells. Those who refuse will be punished. Thank you." Larima announced, and the announcement clicked off. "Was she bluffing?" Gary asked Tacyn. She shook her head. "It could be cameras and microphones, she could have telepathy, but she knows. She always knows. " she said. "Okay. I guess we have to go back for now." Liz said, and hugged her new-found friend as if she were a sister. The twins then trudged back to the bleak cell they had been forced in. No sooner had they shut the door than the clicks of machinery were heard. All of a sudden, two sandwhiches, a paper cup of pills, and water were fed from under the door. There was also a note on the tray. Printed neatly was "Thank you children, the candies help you forget about the doors. " The "candies" were no doubt the suspicious pills that lie on the tray. "Don't take them." Gary said. "Of course not" said Liz, "what about the sandwhich and water?" she asked. Gary thought for a moment. "I'll eat mine, and if anything happens to me, don't eat it. Got it?" Liz nodded. Gary wolfed down the sandwhich and chased it with the water. Then they sat. Liz nearly held her breath, fearing her brother could've just been poisoned, but he was alive and breathing, with a nervous look about him. After a while he sighed. "I think it's okay." he said. "I don't want to take any chances." Liz said, and hid the sandwhich betweeen her matress. Gary gave her a strange look. "Just in case." she said. She ignored the water. Gary tapped out a simple hello to the wall, hoping to reach Angeline. Nothing. He tapped harder, but Liz knew it was no use. So she lie down in her bed. "Should we try to sleep?" Liz asked. "I dunno, what time is it?" Gary asked, searching for some tell, but there were no clocks, no windows. It could've been noon for all they knew. "I suppose so." he shrugged, and climbed into his bed, although they both knew that sleep was about as possible as Larima's sanity. So they simply plotted and thought. But their thoughts were deafened by the eerie silence that encompassed the entire building. No shuffling of feet, or click of Larima's heels, or perhaps even the squish of rotten meat. But it was nothing. It was no wonder Tacyn was so talkative. Being in this place could make a person go crazy all by itself.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

Finally, after what felt like an hour or two (although it was probably just about fifteen minutes) Liz sat up. "You do know what we're lying on, right?" She asked Gary. Gary sat up, glad to hear a voice in the silence. "Um, no, but I have a feeling I won't like the answer. " He replied. Liz began tracing the outline of the crimson-brown dots on her bed. Gary got the point. "Oh." Gary nodded. Liz sat down on the floor. Gary joined her, and they sat there, just looking at each other. Gary took a deep breath before launching into full tactics mode. "Okay. We are stuck here, or at least that is what instinct tells us. Correct?" Gary's wheels began to spin inside his head as he summarized their circumstance. Liz nodded in agreement. It seemed they were stuck. Gary continued. "So far, we have one person we completely trust, and, yet again, it's because of our gut feelings. But we trust our feelings, so trust Tacyn. Do you agree? " Again Liz nodded. Gary went on, counting on his fingers, "We also have one certain enemy, Larima, and one we're not sure about, Angeline. Of course, I want to trust her, but we have to tread carefully." Gary finished. Liz added, "We know we need to get out, and we want to get everyone out with us. So now we need to figure out how to so that." Gary nodded. Liz finished, saying, "I think we need to explore again." *sorry if that was boring, but I had to get them to think everything through ;)*
--WordSmith(Emma)

*Nah you're good :)* "Liz, I already told you, we need to listen to Larima for now. If she catches us outside-" another announcement. "Good morning patients!" said Larima gleefully. "We had a rocky start with our new guests last night, and im hoping that when you meet them, you will make them feel at home. Now, I need all patients to line up at the Art Room. That is all lovelies." And it clicked off. "How is it morning? It was only a few hours." Liz said, although she wasn't sure, because the lack of windows or clocks, time was sketchy. The door clicked, and opened like a phantom inviting them out. "You wanted to explore?" Gary asked sarcastically. "Come on." said Liz. They saw in the hallway all the patients in white jumpsuits come out of their cells. Some were normal human beings...some not quite. Some looked like walking reptiles, others were weak and feeble, and barely could walk, but stumbled along any way. One woman had fangs and horns. She glanced over to them with shining red snake eyes, her tongue licking her teeth. "You're new?" she asked them. "Yeah." said Gary. "You don't know what the Art Room is?" she asked, still smiling. "No." replied Gary, becoming nervous talking to this literal she-devil. She let out a melodic laugh, but the laugh was a requim. "What?" asked Liz. "What's the Art Room?" She-devil only continued to laugh, her teeth sparkling in the neon lights above. "You'll find out. " she said. Liz saw that every one was filing into a room. Blood was painted around the door frame, along with handprints. Gary Liz walked on. Soon, inside the room, it looked like the room they walked in when they went through the door, multiplied. Metal trays with unidentifiable disguisting remains were arranged along with plates of vicious tools. In the front there were cages. Each held different animals, some from as small as a mouse, to one beng a pig. They watched as the she-devil shoved ahead and grabbed a cage, hers containing a cat. It mewed agitatedly. Gary noticed that's what e every one else did. Pick an animal, and then rush it to the trays. Because everyone shoved their way to the front, Gary and Liz were last. All that was left was a frog. On it, another note. "Gary and Liz; partner up with one of the other patients, they will explain our procedures." Liz reluctantly took the frog and instinctively headed over the the she-devil. "Oh I guess I do get to explain." she said grinning. The cat was still in his cage, still mewing. "You're job is to torture and kill your animal, and whoever does it best gets a prize. " she opened the cage and grabbed the cat by the scruff of his neck. "The better you get, the bigger the animal." she said. Liz and Gary ran away before they were able to see the despicable horrors she performed on the cat, although they could still hear. In fact, they heard all of the animals, as every one participated in "Art Class." Gary and Liz were horrified.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

"Gary." Said Liz. She was terrified that she would have to hurt the frog. If the sounds from the cat weren't enough. "Liz. I know that this is sad. But, we have to torture the frog. Its a matter of life and death." "Since when did you start hurting animals?" "Since we were threatened of dying!" Liz sighed, "Ok. But only on one condition. No matter how much we torture it, it cannot die." "Ok, whatever. Its not like we have to kill it anyways." Over the loudspeaker, "All animals must be dead. If your animal is not dead, no supper." "Oh, great! Just great!" Gary faced Lily.
--Monarch *Lauren*

Liz shrugged. "I can deal with no supper." Gary sighed and replied, "I have a feeling 'no supper' isn't the entire punishment." Liz nodded and thought for a moment. "I'm beat." Gary put his hands on the sides of his head, saying, "We can't be beat! We have to-oh, wait. We don't have to do it...painfully. We just won't get a prize if we, oh, I don't know, quickly break its neck?" Liz nodded, sad that they would have to kill a defenseless creature, but she saw that it was the only option.
--WordSmith(Emma)

"It doesn't matter, he'll be in less pain if we just kill him first" Gary snarled. Liz was sick to her stomach. She wanted to get out of this twisted, place. But she had to. She examined the tools, and saw a large knife. "We need to make this quick." said Liz. "Hold the frog." Gary understood her intent and held the frog behind its head. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." whimpered Liz. Thunk. "All over." she said quietly. She turned away. It was an innocent creature. She hoped this never happened again, but she knew she would have to do this again. "It's okay now." said Gary, hugging her shoulder. Liz turned around, and stared at the two pieces of the frog. She frantically ran to the tools and took the needle and thread, and began to try to sew the poor thing back to together. "Liz stop. It's dead-" "No I'm sorry I didn't want to do this-" "Liz its DEAD!" he said and jerked her hands away. Now the pieces were barely attached by the slimy threads inserted by Liz.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

Gary was in a horrific awe at everything. "Liz we need to keep it together til we can get out of here." he said. He walked up to the she-devil. "What do we do when we're done?" he asked coldly, trying to ignore the remains of the she-devil's project. "Set it on the long counter where you found the cage." she said. So he did. He walked quickly, nearly slammed the tray down, and went back to try to comfort Liz. She however, was running to the trashcan. Gagging, heaves. Gary shook his head. Liz came back, weak and shaking. "I'm sorry." she said quietly. Gary hugged her. "It's okay. We're gonna get out of here." Although his words weren't even comforting to himself, and he just hugged her tighter.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

Suddenly, they felt a tap on their shoulders. "Uh, I hate to interrupt, but everyone's leaving." Tacyn has returned! Liz and Gary spun around. Tacyn gave them a lopsided grin, but her green eyes betrayed a haunted look. Art Class had taken its toll. Tacyn cleared her throat. "Um, do you want to go back? I'll come with you." Liz and Gary smiled gratefully. They strode out of the room, Tacyn chattering all the while. Her words were interspersed with spontaneous flying and brief pauses. She explained to them how Art Class was on Tuesdays and they would have Gym Class the next day. Gary wondered how she knew the days without any sunlight to judge by. Liz paused, thinking about what atrocities Gym Class had in store for them, but she gave up and asked Tacyn. "So what do you do in Gym Class?" Tacyn landed from her flying and stared at Liz, her eyes showing not even a hint of happiness. It seemed to Liz Tacyn's eyes bored into her soul, burning away any hope of Gym Class being, well, blood free. "I, " Tacyn said, "will let you figure it out tomorrow."
--WordSmith(Emma)

"That's what the she-devil had said for art class." growled Liz, still traumatized. Gary wasn't sure which was worse; the horrific surprise when they found out, or anticipating the event to come. "Her name is Nicole. She always fit in here." said Tacyn, trying to change the subject. "What's gym class?" asked Gary, "Alright." said Tacyn defeatedly. "It's pretty much gladiator battles. Larima watches. She doesn't feed the losers, and she refuses to have any one die, otherwise the victor will be punished, and end up worse than the loser. She also has her own tricks if the battles aren't gruesome enough. One time she splattered battery acid on the competitors, another she had wolves tear off limbs, but then cauterize them on the spot. It's her personal art class." Gary and Liz looked at each other grimly. "How does she pick?" Liz asked,hoping they may be spared from gym class for tomorrow. "She'll undoubtably pick you. She wants to show you off. She'll probably put you against a constant loser, so it should be easy, unless put you two in against each other-" "No." said Gary. "That won't happen." They kept walking til they arrived back at their cells. LIz spoke up. "How do you tell the time?" she rasped. "I count each of the classes as a day. I don't have any real timekeeping. " she shrugged. Then she went into her room. Suddeny they were face to face with Angeline. She was a bloody mess. She had festering wounds everywhere, and bodily fluids of all sort just seemed to pour from her. Her eyes were wide, and full of pain. Her body was black and blue. She looked nearly dead. "What happened to you?" gasped Gary. "The p-plan." stuttered Angeline. "Larima doesn't like plans... n-now go to your room so you don't e-end up like me." she then shuffled away, leaving bloody footprints on the floor. Liz began to whimper. "Shh, shhh." said Gary. They finally arrived to their room. Liz lay on her bed, and curled up. She grabbed the pillow, and screamed. She wailed as her soul did inside as she tried to vomit the chaos of her mind. She screamed and screamed until Liz couldn't any more. Then she sat up, and curled into a ball. "Gary." she finally said, raspy from her screams. "This is my fault." one tear went down her eye. "No no no-" "I chose the door Gary." rasped Liz. "I put us in this place. It's all my fault." "No it's not." said Gary. We are going to get out of here. And everything will be okay. I won't let Larima hurt you any more. You stay in this room from now on, okay?" he said gently. "But how are you going to-" "I can get us through this." he said. "You need to recover. I need you to stay sharp for me, okay?" he said soothingly. She nodded, just wanting to get out of the asylum. Gary hugged her. "It;s going to be all right." For a moment, Liz actually believed it as she lay down, hoping for a dreamless sleep. Meanwhile, Gary heard the taps coming from Angeline.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

And all he heard was how to get out. Get out of this place. It was too much. He couldn't bear the thought of Larima tortouring Angeline. Angeline's knocks slowly went down in pace, and faded away slowly. Angeline was dead. He gently shook Liz's shoulder. She had been curled up in a ball. "Let me guess." She murmered, softly crying. "Yeah." Replied Gary. "But we know how to get out. The door." "We cant get out the door! Its locked!" "That's not what I'm saying." "Then what are you saying?!" Yelled Liz.
--LaurenAutrey:)

"Larima has the door." said Gary. "It's in her office, right where we entered. " he said. "Angeline doesn't"-he cringed. Didn't. -"know where the office was. But if we can find it, we can get out of here. But until I know where it is, you will stay here like I said. Alright?" Liz just nodded, weeping profusely and wrenchng her hands into tight fists. An annoucement came on. Liz moaned. "Hello patients!" exclaimed Larima loudly. "Today is my favorite day. Today is Gym Class! Everyone head down to stadium. That is all lovelies." And it clicked off. Gary kissed Liz on the forehead, and then hesitantly walked out of the room, leaving his sister to gather her wits. These characters were different than the ones he had seen yesterday. They seemed tougher, like vicious boulders. Still Nicole was in the crowd, eager as ever for suffering. He also saw Tacyn. He wriggled his way to her through the hallway. "Where's Liz?" asked Tacyn,sounding nervous. "Did she get pulled by Larima is she okay?" she said, growing louder and more hysterical. Tears started to well in her eyes. "WHAT HAPPENED IS SHE DEAD-" "No." said Gary. "She just can't come. I will handle this by myself." Tacyn calmed down a bit, but was still anxious. "I'm not sure if you can do it by yourself." she said. "I'm sure Larima would allow me to fight for her-""No. I mean...its hard." she said quietly. "it's not that I don't believe in you...I've seen what happens." This terrified Gary, but also gave him strength. He was going to this, to show Larima he was strong, strong enough to protect Liz from her. He went into the stadium. It looked like a colisium that had to be shrunk to fit the room, and was smashed and uncomfortable. The smell of blood and old meat hung in the air, and grew stronger as he sat down, noticing there was dried blood and chunks in front of him on the wall. He shuddered. All of a sudden, a box seat rose up on the opposite side of him. Inside was Larima, looking like a possesed child with her wild, huge eyes and bald head. She grabbed a microphone. "Welcome welcome lovelies!! You are all in for a real treat today! " she eyed Gary. "Today, our newest Gary, will fight for is right to live! Or lose it all together." she said villianously. "Gary, step down into the arena." Gary stood up, hoping he looked brave, and went down into the arena, which was messily mopped, and the remains simpley smeared. The metallic scent of blood was choking now. "Now, to tell you guys the truth, I don't want to waste my lovelie's blood on a newbie, so we're gonna start this one off with something easier." she said in generous voice that Gary feared. "Ladies and Gentleman, I present, the Obstacle Course!" no one cheered. Some looked down sadly, while others smiled wickedly, including Nicole. The wall opened and folded out to a horrendous series of torture weapons. "You must complete three of these, you may chose two. I choose the other." Gary gaped. How was he supposed to choose. He saw whips, he saw swords, he saw a horrid looking shoe filled with spikes, and even an iron maiden. He considered taking one and using it to kill himself and be done with this, but he remembered Liz. This was all for Liz. He saw the tub of water. He pointed to it. "He has chosen the water cure!" squealed Larima. she went down from her box onto the arena, and led him. She strapped him on a tray. She turned around, still with a microphone. "For those of you who don't know, we're just gonna give him a big drink of water!" she plugged his nose with a clip that pinched painfully, and shoved a funnel into his mouth. she then began to pour water from the jug into him. Gary first drank hungrily, extremely thirsty, but soon his body felt like a water balloon, and he couldnt swallow fast enough. He had to keep drinking, drinking, the water, but he couldnt swallow it into his stomach, his innards were literally filled with water. It soon came up his throat, and he nearly vomited it all out onto Larima. she stopped. "Oh yes you're full." she said, and punched his gut with great force. This sent all of the water bursting out of his mouth, and dripping through his nose where the clip insuffiecently plugged his nose. He coughed and sputtered, and could taste his stomach acid that had mixed with the water. But no sooner had he finally deflated himself, she began pouring again. SHe poured it down his throat, she punched him, he spewed it out like a bag of water. She repeated this multiple times until GAry couldn't swallow any more. He simply closed his mouth and refused for the funnel to be put in his mouth. "Alright, its done. What's next?" she asked cheerfully. She unstrapped him, and he rolled off the table and coughed up more water. He was miserable, sick, and wet from the water that used to be inside of him. He was so weak. But he had to go on. He got up shakily. "What's next Gary?" she asked again.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

"LISTEN TO ME, YOU FLESH-EATING FREAK! TELL ME WHERE YOUR OFFICE IS, OR ELSE!" Liz screamed. She had apparently ripped a door off of its hinges and was carrying it like a shield in front of her. For whatever reason, she had come from the room, defying her twin's orders. Larima hissed at the sight of the door and took a step back.
--WordSmith(Emma)

"Or else what?" asked Larima. "Or else I will personally make you suffer until you plead to be killed," threatened Liz, with surprising calmness. She picked up the end of a flaming whip and struck Larima on her hairless scalp. "I will tell you where my office is if you hit yourself with the door," said Larima.
--William

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Liz slammed the door *no pun intended* onto Larima's already smoldering skull. "Yes." Larima rub the 2-inch lump on her head. She would never tell anyone, but it hurt beyond compare. She had to fight every cell in her body so she wouldn't tell where the office was. But she was losing control. "The office is in your room." "Wait, what?" "There is a small door in the back corner of your room. It's concealed into the wall pretty well, if you haven't discovered it already."
--William

"YOU LIAR!" screamed Liz, and hit her again. Blood trickled down her head, giving her a gruesome wig of red. "It's there. " she said. But then Liz collapsed. "Ah thank goodness." said Larima. Gary was enraged. "What have you done to my sister?" he croaked. "What needed to be. She's asleep. Se is not dead. But she's not waking up until I tell her to. Now listen," she said. "You are going to finish the obstacle course. I will make you forget about the doors, and you will be happy here like the rest of us." she said. Gary saw Tacyn out of the corner of his eye, she was weeping quietly. Larima took a towel and water she found amidst the equipment and wiped the blood off of her head, but her skin was still stained pink, and the wound was still bleeding slowly. "What is your next punishment?" she asked. Gary's head pounded. Everything was too much. He pointed somewhere. "Thank you. Next is brandishing." Gary didn't care anymore. He didn't really feel anything any more. He slumped over a bench, shirt off. He smelled his own grilling flesh as she put some sort of mark on him. He got up, and put his shirt back on. He was either dead or insane; mybe both. "Now it's my turn to choose. I think that you have completed enough. You're finished." Gary didn't wonder why she wouldn't just kill him. "Gym class is over." she said, and made a motion for everyone to leave. "Wake Liz up." grunted Gary. "No. You can carry her. I will wake her up when I please." Larima said coldly, and ushered him off. He began to trudge down the hallway, his sleeping sister slung over his shoulders, his eyes glazed. They went back to their cell. He lay Liz back onto her bed, and sat there, staring at her. "She's not dead." he whispered, over and over again. "She's not dead she's not dead she's not dead." Tacyn had came in, but Gar did not notice her as she sat by him and hugged him. "Gary?" she asked. "She's not dead she's not dead she's not dead-" "Gary!" she yelled. Gary became silent, and looked at her. He didn't cry, but his eyes her full of fear and sadness. "She's not dead. She'll wake up soon." she hugged him tight. He hugged back, but he didn't feel like he was the one moving. "We need to get out." Gary whispered. "We will." said Tacyn. "By the way, take the small white pill Larima gives you. It will make you feel better. Everything will be okay." she said.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

"What'll the pill do?" Gary asked. "I don't remember," stated Tacyn. "Would it, by any chance, give you amnesia?" "Oh, yeah!" Tacyn had obviously taken the pill. Gary started looking for the door. He found a set of cracks in the corner.
--William

Gary didn't need the amnesia pills. They wouldn't help him. He grazed his fingertips over the cracks. Soon, he noticed more sets of cracks, all around the room, as if the walls were made of doors to Larima's office. He scraped at the cracks, trying to pry the doors open. Tacyn gave him a strange look. "What are you doing? Why are you scratching the walls?" but Gary wouldn't give up, he clawed at the cracks, but they did nothing but make his fingers bleed. He tried the next crack, scraping furiously in hopes to get out "Gary there's nothing there!" said Tacyn conceredly. "No the door is in this room I need to find it!" rasped Gary. "Open the door please open the door." Tacyn grabbed Gary and restrained him as he could. "Get off the door the door!!! THE DOOR!" "THE DOOR ISN'T THERE GARY LARIMA IS WARPING YOUR MIND LET IT GO!!" Gary stopped struggling. He saw the cracks fade and disapear into the walls to the blank white room. Except now it was smeared with the finger prints of Gary's bloody fingers. He stared at his fingers. They dripped with blood. It scared Gary terribly. "She does this as her 'punishments.'" she said quietly. "This one was pretty tame." she said. "Don't believe anything you see. Nothing. It's all a mind trick." she said. "I can try and stay in here-" "Please." he said gratefully. He felt close to Tacyn, seeing as she has guided them through this place. "Alright." she said, and hugged him tight.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

Liz opened her eyes. "What happened? I dreamt that some crazy bald lady named Larima knocked me out." Gary and Tacyn said, in unison, "That's exactly what happened." "Then why am I awake?" "Larima," Gary said, "must have lifted the enchantment."
--William

"Listen lovelies! Today is Music Class! Remember, whoever makes the loudest music gets a special prize!" Larima announced. "What's music class?" Gary asked Tacyn. "The music is screams of terror."
--William

Gary laughed and laughed and laughed, causing Tacyn to step back, eyes wide with fright. Liz tentatively stepped forward, asking, "Gary? Are you alright?" His laughs dwindled into chuckles, then disappeared completely. "Oh yes, I'm fine." He said, wiping tears of mirth from his eyes. "I'm just done with it." Tacyn calmed down enough to ask, "Done with what?" Gary didn't even have to think to answer, "This place. I think I may have figured out how to get out." Liz and Tacyn inched closer to him, assuming he was back to normal. "How?" They breathed, hoping against hope that he really could get them out. He began to think and spoke slowly and carefully, "Well... everything is an illusion here. Freedom, happiness...so maybe, if we stop believing the illusions, we can get out!"
--WordSmith(Emma)

"Gary? I don't think you're making sense." Liz said carefully. "I am! Everything is an illusion so screw the illusion! Living is the illusion ITS ALL AN ILLUSION DEAD PEOPLE DONT DREAM HAHAHAH!" Liz's eyes were wide, horrified; Gary had gone insane. He couldn't handle this place any more than she could. She was crouched at the corner of one of the beds. Gary grabbed a bedsheet off of his own bed and twisted it into a crude wire. "Dead people don't dream." he said to Liz, like he was saying that humans had 206 bones, just a small fact of life. He stalked towards her. Liz scrambled off the bed and into the opposite corner of the room. "Gary don't do this. Gary no dying isn't the answer killing isn't the answer don't sink to Larima's level!!" she shrieked. "It's okay, I will kill me too, and Tacyn, and everyone. It'll be okay." he said assuredly, but it was anything but. Liz was frantic and desperate. "Gary Larima is manipulating you don't do this!" said Tacyn. Gary whipped around, and slung the makeshift bedsheet noose around her throat. He pulled with all his might. Tacyn's eyes bulged as she grappled the sheets. "GARY NO STOP!" she screamed, and tackled him, taking Tacyn down with them. She scrambled out of the mix of the two, coughing and gasping. Liz had pinned Gary down, and she was crying, and the salty teardrops fell uopn his face as he tried to wriggle free. He failed. He lay there, heaving and struggling, like an agitated caged dog. Then he stopped. He realized what he had tried to do.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

*OKAY I TYPED IN ALONG PARAGRAPH AND ITS NOT SHOWING UP*
--Invisible *Lauren*

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)