//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
The two guys that ate everyone were so fat afterward that they exploded! And then the air smelled like chewed-up meat and human civilization ceased to exist.
--Jules

*..............that's not the story ._.*
---sweet nothings-

Liz's POV: I helped Gary up, and made sure he was okay. When he nodded, I took off running after the girl who tried to hurt him. Hope, Fawn, and Hazel were already sprinting in back of her, so I knew I was a little behind. Within five minutes though, I could see the mysterious girl in front of me, winding through branches. I had to catch up. Panting and heaving, I followed her down a hill.
---sweet nothings-

(Wait, Lily, so what's actually happening is that they're in this woodland place? And are they in pursuit of Adeline?)
--Shadow Serenade (TDC & Turtle)

*Yeah, pretty much. Someone posted a fake ending and all the newbies think that's what's happening... ._.*
---sweet nothings-

(How troublesome. Okay, have stuff to do now but I'll have Cystenian show up in the forest soon.
--Shadow Serenade (TDC & Turtle)

*Awesome, thank you!*
---sweet nothings-

*Oh my glob..I haven't been on in so freaking long, it's hard to remember! Very,very, very sorry for the total abandonment guys >^<! But hey, wow you have really done a great job and I see a lot of the older members are back, Yay!! *
--River Song (Story)

*Oh, hey, Story!*
---sweet nothings-

*ANYONE!?*
---sweet nothings-

(Hey, okay, I'm posting now.) /You never met me. I don't exist to anyone but you./ These words echoed in Cystenian's head. Then, he suddenly found himself in some kind of woodland. Trees towered high in every direction, and they didn't seem to end anytime soon. It seemed to be around the late morning, but before the events with Shadow Serenade... it had been night, hadn't it? Come to think of it, had that even been real? The logical answer would be that it was probably just a dream, but something told him that it wasn't. And in that case, his mind turned to other questions. What had been her purpose in revealing herself to him? He had been in the mountains before that encounter, so perhaps it was to transport him. So then, this place must be significant. He didn't think the Shadow Serenade girl would just send him somewhere random. /I keep ending up in places I know nothing of... I don't think I'm anywhere near the dimension I was in before./ Of course, it wasn't the first time he had appeared in a random place. That tended to happen when one crossed between dimensions. And he'd certainly done that plenty of times. As always, the first logical action was to find his bearings. In a woodland, that was fairly easy to do-- it was a simple matter of climbing a tree. Not that he was particularly good at that, but he could certainly manage. It was a matter of logic and fundamental strength to pull himself up the branches to the highest point he could safely reach, and before long he had reached this point. He looked around-- any sign of people or settlement? Ah, there. He spotted a group of people who seemed to be in pursuit of another. With no better leads, he decided climb back down the tree and head in their direction; they had been to the north of him, so he had better head about east-northeast. If he didn't intercept them, he would at least be closer to them, by which time it would be much easier to find them. With somewhat of a plan in his head, he headed off in the direction of the group.
--Shadow Serenade (TDC & Turtle)

Adeline's POV: I was getting too tired to run much longer, but it seemed the people behind me would run for hours. Luckily, Callum was doing his best to keep me at a fair speed, by propelling me forward. "Argh!" I cried, when I soon collided into something- some/one/. I thought it was one of them at first, so I screamed. "Sh, sh." I looked up to see who I ran into. The first thing I noticed were his eyes; green and almost filled with emotion...like he could speak with them. "Are you o...kay?" I asked, using my mind to control Callum. /Don't touch him./ I commanded, very seriously. If he dared to after what just happened, I'd have to stay away from anyone. "Fine." he answered bluntly. He looked prepared to hurt me. His brown hair was a bit ruffled from the fall. He got up first, slow and steady-like, as if he could tell I was a killer. He looked around, and I knew he could hear the footsteps and calls as well. "They're chasing you?" he questioned, turning towards the rustling noises, and not offering to help me up. Even with little social skills, I knew it was polite to help others up. I sighed, still holding Callum back with my mind. When I got up, I brushed the dirt and leaves off and started to bounce up and down on the balls of my feet. "I need to go," I said, because I did. "Okay," he replied. He sorta followed me as I walked away, preparing to jog once more. "Adeline," I murmured, unable to tell if he heard me. "It's my name...if they ask." And then I took off, discombobulated by the boy's attitude.
---sweet nothings-

*I really don't want to write too much of the story...*
---sweet nothings-

(Idk is it really just us now? Where have Ru and Jill been? I don't really know how to write for the rest of the group very well. Jill seems to be good at that.)
--Shadow Serenade (TDC & Turtle)

*I guess it's just us ; - ;*
---sweet nothings-

*Does this story save anywhere? I used to do it a long time ago, but I haven't been on for a long time. Sorry for clogging.*
--elzziZ.lacizziuQ

*No...I don't believe so.*
---sweet nothings-

Liz's POV: "Excuse me?" I called, spotting a young man, around my age. He was just standing, scanning the forest. His back was turned towards me, like he was thinking about following something. "Did you...uh, see a girl?" I questioned. Hazel and Willow came up behind me, stopping and panting. He whipped around. "Her name's Adeline," he whispered hoarsely. "Do you know her?" Willow said, out of breath. He shook his head. She stepped forward, pointing to where he was once looking. "She went that way, right? I can see the trampled underbrush, there's no need to lie." He didn't nod, or say anything, just sorta pressed his lips together really tightly, like he was thinking about something hard. "Whatever, he's not saying anything." Hazel exclaimed, throwing her hands up and jogging that way. I started to follow, but the guy stopped Hazel with a grab of her shoulder. "Hey, what'd she do anyways?" he sounded genuinely interested. "Tried to kill some of us," I butted in. Then Hazel added on, laughing, "You're lucky you're not dead. I'm actually surprised, if that says anything." I could hear the rest of our group catching up- they were loud, like elephants on bubble wrap. Willow gave me a look that said /we should get after her/, but I shook my head. "Let's not follow her, she's long gone. There's no point." I felt Gary rest his hand on my upper back. "Good idea. She won't be coming back." Then he leaned down and whispered in my ear, "Who's this?" Meaning the boy. "What's your name?" I directed at him, not knowing the answer to Gary's question. "Uh, Kyle." he said, his face stone-cold serious. "Right, gotcha. Let's head back!" I heard Hope, who seemed disinterested and quite angry. So everyone followed her, not inviting Kyle to come with us. As we were leaving him, I looked back just in time to see him mouth, "My name isn't Kyle," and tip his head back and chuckle. He then turned and took off, the way Adeline must have gone. I sighed. *Sorry for mistakes...and for the fact it's awful*
---sweet nothings-

Could someone please briefly explain the story? Sorry...
--Jules

This is my favorite to describe people when they're confused, now it utterly describes me after reading what's on this. I am completely and utterly befuddled.
--Fire-daemon(Nick)

(Well don't come here to whine about it.)
--Shadow Serenade (TDC & Turtle)

*Yeah, contribute or there's no point of you posting...*
---sweet nothings-

Adeline's POV:/ As I ran, large beads of sweat began to dribble down my face. I groaned, the tired aches from running were overwhelming and I didn't think I could run much longer. The birds chirped loudly in my ears, and they slowly grew into slight ringing sounds. I couldn't hold up, and I drew in a quick breath before sitting down and leaning against a thick tree. No one would ever find me here, I had gone to far. I closed my eyes and let myself slowly be pulled into unconsciousness. The last thought I had was of the strange boy's face. Later on, I awoke to rough shaking of my shoulders. They had found me. (Sorry if I did something wrong, I worked with what it said above! :) )
--Snorkles(Jill)

*Jill...you're fabulous. T-H-A-N-K Y-O-U!* Adeline's POV: "Are you okay?" It wasn't the girls and guys chasing me- it was the boy. I felt Callum tense up. "Yeah...yeah, I'm fine." My voice came out hoarse. /You give the word and he's dead./ Callum hissed in my mind.
---sweet nothings-

"Unless you want them to find you, I suggest you get moving," Cystenian said. "Though I really don't know why they're chasing you in the first place." He sensed a strange energy from this girl, and he in no way trusted it, but it seemed to be working with her and not against. Even if it did manifest and attack him, he /should/ be fine.
--Shadow Serenade (TDC & Turtle)

*Hey Guys. Sorry I have not come online for a really long time. A major thing happened in my life... Now back to the story.* "Why are you helping me?" Adeline asked, staring at Cystenian with a doubtful expression. He shrugged. "I donno. Just don't think it is fair, you know, I against a whole gang." /don't trust him!// a voice hissed in Adeline's mind. "Shut up Callum!" she thought before turning around and walking. *TDC, since I am guessing both of them are your characters, could you please help me and describe them? (ex. age, personality...) I don't want to ruin your characters (or anyone's character) hence I am asking... Thanks in advance :) (ps, sorry if I am sounding boring and dull but, I am getting over a loss and it might take me some more time...)*
--Scofflaw(Ru)

So..this is the all-famous Never-Ending-Story that Z always hogged the computer for to check up on..Fascinating. Would anybody mind if I tried joining? Perhaps later if now is not a good time? Apologies for taking up space, (Please nobody yell at me for clogging ó^ò) i'm not trying to be rude or anything, i'm just curious and interested.
--Iilana and Gyp

*@Iilana and Gyp: As long as you're offering to help, your post isn't considered clogging in my book ^-^. Right now, there are some basic characters that you may have heard of. I can't give a full description of them, but there's Gary, Liz, Hazel, Fawn, Echo, and Willow. The rest are sorta new characters: Adeline (and Callum, her entity), Cystenian Hope, and Electra. Electra helps guide the originals through the doors of Gateway Mansion. Adeline is running from the originals because her entity (Callum) tried to hurt them. Hope has lived with Fawn and Hazel (in this door/realm), I believe, and they just found the rest of the originals and our gaining their memory of each other back. Cystenian is trying to figure out Adeline's story, because he was randomly dropped in this realm/door and has nothing else to do :p Ugh, it's confusing...sorry! @Ru: Cystenian is TDC's character; Adeline and Callum are mine. Adeline is a sorta rocker chick, running from her past (since Callum kills anyone she gets too close to or anyone who tries to hurt her, including her family). She stumbled upon Gateway and followed the originals into this door, but because Callum tried to attack some of the main characters, they see her as a threat.*
---sweet nothings-

*Thanks lily! How are you feeling? Could someone please contribute?*
--Scofflaw(Ru)

(I'll post my description of Cystenian when I'm home.)
--Shadow Serenade (TDC & Turtle)

*I'm actually sick right now, but I've freed up some time! So yay! I'll write! :3* Callum's POV: I couldn't believe she scraped up the power to keep me under control. She never kept me like this before- excluding her family members and doctors- and even then I was able to break free and kill them. Something about this boy was fueling her. I mentally cringed, wondering why she suddenly ignored my abilities. /Maybe I just want to be normal!/ She had told me the day we started to run from the police. Maybe she really was hoping this was her new start. Somewhere deep inside, though, I didn't want her to forget about me and all the power I had. I didn't want her to have her new start- at least, without me.*MWAHAHAHAHAHHA jk*
---sweet nothings-

Enter the next paragraph...
--SuperSonicTurtle

*Thanks Lily* 3rdpersonPOV: As Adeline and Cystenian fled, the ground started shaking, tremors shook the Earth like a huge earthquake. The two toppled like domino's, one on top of the other. The world around them became increasingly blurrier, as if they were spinning round and round and round. The motion made Adeline-who was continuasly expending nearly non-existant energy trying to contain Callum- Sick to her stomach. Then, as suddenly as it had started the spinning, and vibrating stopped. Cystenian, who had managed to get back on his feet, was thrown to the ground again as inertia did is work. Cystenian was the first to recover; and made his way jello-legged over to Adeline, who was making retching noises and spitting out strong smelling green bile. Adeline motioned him back, afraid that between the exhaustion of running so far and the nausea of being twirled around at high speed, she wouldn't be able to control Callum . Cystenian understood the unspoken words, and stood back. He turned his head, taking in the scenary while he waited. Pretty much everything was the same, except.. Standing with legs apart and arms crossed there was a man, or a boy, something in between, it was difficult to tell. He -if it was a he, which was also questionable.- was sporting black and white striped stockings, a jester's tunic, grey running shoes, that might have been white at one point, and colourful streamers wrapped around every appendage. The stranger grinned down at them with perfectly straight, white teeth, tilting his head, which was half shaved and half covered with neon green dreadlocks, in such a way that made him look just a touch insane. "Hello there, freinds." His voice sounded like nails on chalkboard. Cystenian jumped back, he had been so busy observing the new person, that he had completely forgotten it was, well, there. Adeline had stopped emptying her stomach and was staring at the clown-like stranger with the same, wide-eyed, confused look as Cystenian was sure he was wearing. "My name, is Freak." *Alrighty then, apologies for any mistakes of characters, which i'm sure there is a ton of, how do you like?*
--Iilana and Iantha

Chara Desc.: Name(full): DreamFreak. Age: Unknown. Gender(In Prefered Form): Male. Height(IPF[in prefered form]): 6'1 Hair(IPF): Half shaved, other half covered in neon green dreadlocks. Face(IPF): Long thin nose, almond shaped, heterochromiac eyes(colors; one grey and one that changes with his mood). Slender red lips that curl up naturally and pearly white, straight teeth. General appearance: Skin as brown as a nut, tall and skinny and has a wardrobe that consists of a mashup of court jester's, rockstar's and just plain weird clothes. Past: Extensive past, everywhere. Has many different names and forms, some theorize that he used to be Sandman, back when people still believed. Info: DreamFreak is easiest explained as a dreamkeeper, one who creates and manipulates dreams and often messes with reality as well. Lucid dreams are his favourite to 'play' with. He can change his physical form but tends to stay in the one mentioned above. He can copycat anything with a conscience and is mischeiveous.
--Iilana and Iantha

*Wow, sounds like the perfect character to spice things up! Thanks for posting, your paragraph was amazing.* Third Person POV: "Suits you," Cystenian snorted, moving himself in front of the weak Adeline for protection. She wiped her mouth, feeling a little better, even though she still was extremely fatigued. And Callum didn't help at all; he was pulling to get at the jester-looking guy, who stood idly in the forest. Even with the rude remark from Cystenian, the man did nothing but stare. There was laughter in his eyes, but the rest of him oozed with creepiness. Adeline didn't like him at all. /Just let me go, I'll get rid of him!/ Callum shouted, making her head throb. /Please, Cal. Let me handle things on my own./ "Ady, you need help up?" Adeline looked up, her dreary eyes meeting Cystenian's striking gaze. He sounded like he'd known her forever. "Um...yeah," she said, grabbing onto his extended hand. "So, what are you two doing here?" They had almost forgotten about Freak, but his strained voice reminded them.
---sweet nothings-

* Aw, thanks :3 Your write awesome paragraphs and characters too!^-^* 3rdPersonPOV: Niether Adeline or Cystenian knew how to answer the strange man's question, in fact, they didn't even know how they got 'here', which seemed to be exactly where they had been when the shaking started. Freak waited a few minutes, rubbing long, knobby fingers up and down his brown throat. "Here's a simpler question then." his voice was changed, it no longer made a horrid, scratchy noise, but instead sounded slightly singing, with only a few squeaks like an adolescent boy's voice would. "What are your names? Also, I can sense three of you, but only see two, where's the extra?" Adeline stiffened.
--Iilana and Iantha

Adeline let her gaze drift over Freak's. His wide smile was captivating. "I-I'm Adeline." she whispered. Cystenian tensed up, as if he didn't want Adeline to tell the stranger her name. He let his muscles relax though, sort of trusting her. "Cystenian," he finally said, after contemplating Adeline's choices. "Nice, nice. Now who's the third wheel?" Freak cackled quickly. Adeline thought he'd forget about it. "There's no third wheel..." Cystenian started. "And it's not like we're...uh, together or anything. We just met." He tried to laugh it off, tried to meet Adeline's eyes; but her ignorance made it all the more awkward.
---sweet nothings-

"Fine, don't tell me, i'll figure out what, or rather, who you two are hiding-other than a possible crush- sooner or later." Freak had decided that the boykid and girlkid were fascinating enough to let live, for now, after all it did get boring when there was no one to talk to except other peoples own grotesque hallucinations. "So, Adeline" He tipped a grape top hat in her direction, "Cystenian," and again the hat was tipped, this time towards the boy, who took a step back out of caution. "Shall we travel back to your world?" *Sorry, short, much harder to type on a DSi screen :\*
--Iilana and Iantha

Whoops hi guys. (*GROUP HUG*) Oh gods I missed you guys so much! So what's going on?
--Starlit Nightmares (*Jill*)

* I HAVENT BEEN HERE IN AGES this story has changed quite alot. Anybody agree on re starting the topic? Not just for me, but I mean like everybody I think wouldnt mind starting Gary's and Liz's story again*
--Ruby

*We JUST got the story rolling. Right now, there are the basic characters, Gary, Liz, Hazel, Fawn, Echo, and Willow. The rest are sorta new characters: Adeline (and Callum, her entity), Cystenian, Hope, and Electra. Electra helps guide the originals through the doors of Gateway Mansion. Adeline is running from the originals because her entity (Callum) tried to hurt them. Hope has lived with Fawn and Hazel (in this door/realm), I believe, and they just found the rest of the originals and our gaining their memory of each other back. Cystenian is trying to figure out Adeline's story, because he was randomly dropped in this realm/door. The newest character is Freak, which you can get a desc. of by reading above. The setting is a thick forest. Oh, and hi Jill!*
---sweet nothings-

*OK. I will try to do something. Thanks, Sweet Nothings!* Cystenian's POV: "Ummm..." I regarded Freak distrustfully. The eye that wasn't grey was jet black, and that made me wary. "Let me just...Adeline, conference!" I turned to her, lowering my voice when I said, "I don't trust this guy, Ady."------"I know, but we need him. We have to get back to our own world! This wood..." She looked around, face unsettled. "It's so dark, and wild...it freaks me out, OK? Pardon the pun."-----------I groaned at her terrible humour, and looked back at Freak. "I guess....we'll go with you." I said, sighing. Freak smiled slyly. "Guess you will."
--Wolfrunner

Cystenian's POV: "Are you sure this was a good decision?" I asked Ady in a low voice, as we stepped towards Freak. "Yeah, I'm sure we'll get back safely."
---sweet nothings-

Cystenian's POV: //Or we might get into more trouble...// I thought as we moved thought the jungle. I don dot trust this guy. something about him made me feel as if he wanted something. suddenly I noticed something. It hung from his belt and was covered by his long mud brown jacket. "What's that?" I asked letting suspicion flow into my words. "It's nothing." He replied gruffly. I looked at it again. It seemed to contain something red "Can I see it?" I asked persistently. "NO!" He barked, his eyes warning me. "ok, ok..." I said pretending to retreat. After giving me a look,, his head turned back to the direction we were heading towards. After a while passed, I quickly glanced at Ady before jumping on Freak in attempt to grab the mysterious looking container. He shook me off and hit my right check. "Oww!" I cried getting up from the ground. He looked at Ada and me dangerously. Fear gripped me and I yelled, "Ady run!"
--Scofflaw(Ru)

*thanks for updating me*
--Ruby

Freak advanced towards Adeline with a face like stone. Cystenian leapt onto his back to stop him, but Freak gave a very wolf-like growl and, shaking the other boy off, spun around and pushed Cystenian so hard that he slammed into a tree. Groaning, Cystenian crumpled to the ground, and Adeline yelled in fright, stumbling backwards. "Get away from me!" she shouted, looking around for some type of weapon. Freak pounced on her, pulling her towards him by her collar. Adeline tried to push him away with shaking hands but it was pointless. Cystenian, coming to, opened his eyes just in time to see Freak pull Adeline and himself out of this world, and into another. "No!" Cystenian said furiously to the empty space before him. "I'll find you, Ady, I swear!"
--Wolfrunner

*Wow...this is getting pretty intense :3*
---sweet nothings-

Whoa... Anyway, hi Ru and Lily, also, Ena's got a point. Hey Ena your characters can't manage to keep themselves out of the main plotline... Cause they're so well developed? :P Anyway, I'd write for Willow and Laia, but I'm afraid I have no bearing of what's going on with the originals, only Cystenian and Ady, and... Oh look! Ady!
--Starlit Nightmares (*Jill*)

*Here, I'll write for the main characters.* Liz's POV: I really hoped Gary was okay, after that psycho attacked him. "Are you truly alright?" I asked him for almost the fiftieth time, making sure my pace was as fast as his. We were walking back from the forest and to the clearing where we met Hope, Fawn, and Hazel. "Of course I am, it wasn't a big deal." I held back my next words, wanting to tell him that it /was/ a big deal. "Okay," I instead said, with a sigh. He didn't need or want my help, so I left him with Icicle, catching up to Hope. "So, I'm Liz. I forgot if I introduced myself....I mean, the last hour was quite hectic." She grunted, folding her arms across her chest. I could see a knife tucked carefully in its hilt on her belt, and I squeezed my lips shut. I still didn't know if I could trust her, even though she was with Fawn and Hazel. I looked around the small crowd and saw Fawn talking to Willow. He looked stronger than before- this door must have made both him and his sister test their limits. His face was rigid, cold. The only time I had seen it soften was when he saw Echo's face. He could remember too. With their pasts finally back on track- Willow's, Hazel's, and Fawn's. I'm sure everything will be looking up. "You're slow," I heard the voice from behind and whipped my head around. It was Laia. I had forgotten about her. "Sorry," I apologized, as she shoved past me to catch up to the front of the group. She collided with Colin, who, besides Hope, Fawn, and Hazel, seemed to know the way best. Laia smiled and apologized, which seemed strange for her. I looked at Willow, trying to see if she had noticed what happened, but she was still talking to Fawn intently, her face unreadable. I'm sure she was just figuring out her past, sharing confusions with someone who may understand. *It's a little discombobulating, I just wanted to introduce some people*
---sweet nothings-

Thank you so much Lily. :) Oh wait did j bring Colin back? Did i? *sorry confused state but* Wait is this my Colin (the butterfly one who was Willow's boyfriend a while back) or another one?
--Starlit Nightmares (*Jill*)

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)