//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
*@Swallowtail thanks for the great lead para! Though, am I the only old poster who thinks Liz's personality is a little off track? She usually never makes mistakes like transporting them in the wrong area... But then, everyone human makes mistakes. :P Hazel and fawn, never cough blood out when they transform. In fact, transforming is like a second nature to them. I think someone was a tat bit confused about that... and before going through a portal used to make the character a little dizzy, it was never painful. Just trying to help cause you are new :) Since I am kinda confused by your para, I'm gonna go off from i&i*
--Ignored(Ru)

"Malick was supposed to prevent you from coming here!" Melody said in shock, her eyes opened with horror. "You should not be here! You are in grave danger!". "WHY? I put these people into trouble, I'M going to get them out!” Adeline said somewhat yelling as tears rolled down her cheeks, “Everyone I have loved and cared about have been murdered by Callum… Murdered by me! I grew up knowing nothing more, or less, than utter loneliness! These people tried helping me. And look what I have done. They’re stuck. Stuck in this chaotic nowhere.” Adeline sank to the ground, her heart too heavy for her legs all of a sudden. Like a hawk to his prey, but in a much more positive way, Cystenian swooped down and grabbed her shoulders pulling her up. Steadying Adeline on her legs his gaze pierced her eyes. She gasped as she studied his look. He looked at her with anger and hurt, but it was tainted by determination. He spoke softly but firmly, “You are giving up, aren’t you? Adeline, you have not got us here. So stop blaming yourself and having self-pity. We decided to come and help you. So we WILL help you, whether you like it or not.” Adeline looked away, abashed. Cystenian loosened his grip, “Adeline, you are strong and amazing. You have the power to save the human and spirit world from colliding and killing each other, and you wish to give up? You were chosen for a reason… Callum saw something in you. Don’t let that something just go. Seek it and use it.” Cystenian fully let go of his grip, letting Adeline take her own weight. *Whew! Finally over! This whole paragraph is just for inspiration, since many of us are lacking it the next paragraph will lead on to the final ending of this adventure. BTW, @*** and @i&I, please tell me that you have not forgotten Electra, Jill’s character. Also, lemme get this straight, I’m amusing that these all characters are there: Icicle, Gary, Liz, Hazel, Fawn and Willow. (These are the main characters…) The additional characters made only for this adventure are Freak, Callum, Cystenian and Adeline. In case ya peps forgot good old Electra and her purpose, about 5-6 months ago, there was a HUGE fight thanks to stupid me and a couple more people. So we decided to kick out most of the redundant characters and only leave Gary, Icicle (Gary’s girlfriend), Liz and Hazel (Kinda bff’s, but some love drama put a rift in them…). Then smart Jill made a character called Electra short Ellie who helped them on each and every new mission. After every mission, they enter this green room, where they sort out who is going to stay in the land they just came back from, and who is going to come back with Gary, Liz, Icicle and Hazel. On the last mission, Fawn and willow were added (up to my knowledge). So we will decide who joins and who doesn’t after this mission is over… Even though I (I’m not sure about the others…) get VERY attached to all the characters we make and build so amazingly, we have to let them go cause otherwise it becomes really confusing and hectic… Well I will post in a couple hours if no one else does :)*
--Ignored(Ru)

*I thought Electra was lily's character. Also, I feel like Adeline was originally really tough, so after she figures this out, I think she should go back to being strong.*
--***

*Of coarse, she should. But right now, she seems like she is confused... at least that's how it looked like when I read all of the posts! As of whose character Electra is, sorry for the mistake! I guess I mixed up the names... BTW, where is Lily? I kinda miss her posts on the NES... So, I guess you sill don't wanna post?*
--Ignored(Ru)

*@Ru: Sorry about that. :P I was not able to read a portion of this where they went through the portal, so... and I also had no clue where they wanted to go, but the roof seemed a good guess, so I (eventually) dropped them off there. Again, sorry. The thing with the blood, I didn't write that, so...yeah. I also don't know all that much about the characters, but I'm trying to learn!*
--Swallowtail

I would like to jump in, but I don't quite know how...could someone email me a little backstory or something? Please?
--Ink

*@ Ink. There is one, if you scroll up. I'll just copy-paste. " Basically, there's a group of kids who hop door to door of Gateway Mansion. And in every door is a new adventure. Right now, Gary, Liz, Hazel, Echo, Willow, and Fawn (hope I'm not missing anyone) entered a door where they met Adeline, a confused girl with a dark secret, Freak, a shapeshifting, spirit contacting madman, and Cystenian, a critical and intelligent young man. Adeline's secret is the entity that was once attached to her. Callum is who's attached to her and has been controlling her life, killing people she's cared about. Through this she's grown cold and lonely, avoiding people she loves to save them from Callum. Now, when Callum took Adeline to his realm, she was able to escape from him. After this, she realized that she needed Callum to protect her from other spirits who attack her. She never knew that Callum was only looking out for her. So, she recruited Hazel, Fawn, Gary, Liz, Freak, and Cystenian to help her fight through the Dream World and get to Callum. " Does that help?
--Swallowtail

*WHY CANT PEOPLE LEARN TO FRICKIN SCROLL UP WEVE COPY AND PASTED THE SUMMARY LIKE 6 TIMES OMGAVAJalJHAJKLDKJAK*
--***

*Why isn't anyone posting?? It wouldn't be good if I post again... but if you guys want...*
--Ignored(Ru)

*I'm just way too uninspired and plus I'm busy with school and stuff*
--***

"Where's Callum?" Fawn asked suddenly. "And Liz and Hazel?" Adeline added. There was a crash from upstairs. Callum was up there, somewhere. Cystenian looked up, "it's time to end this, Adeline. Whatever he says he needs from you. You don't have to do it, okay? This is your decision." He realized he was back to gripping Adeline's arm and let go abrubtly, blushing. After the crash, the room sang with silence. "He's right," Adeline said into the silence. "Don't go alone," Mimi said. She wasn't sure where it came from, but somehow, it was like when Mels tried to leave her. Nobody should face this sort of thing alone. "Yeah, we'll come," Fawn seconded, "we're here to help, remember?" Cystenian nodded in agreement. "Agreed," Gary said, "but we'll need a plan. We can't all just march up there, he'll be expecting that." Freak said nothing. Melody moved closer to her sister. "I've got something," Mimi said, looking to Melody, almost as if for permission, "but it's insane...." She paused, "it just might work." ****just to get the ideas flowing :) also, what happened to Liz and Hazel? And Ru, yeah, you should totally post more!*****
--Dahlia

*@***Amen bro! @Dahlia, thanks mate! You just got all my juices following :) (OMG, I just realized how wrong that sounds... if you know what I mean...)*Adeline stared silently ahead. Mimi noticed and called out for her, “Adeline, are you alright?” Suddenly Adeline turned sharply towards melody, “Sorry, but I don’t want to hear your crazy plan!” As Mimi and Melody stared at her in shock she continued, “I know you both are hiding something from me. Maybe for protecting me, but I don’t need your protection!” Melody stammered in shock, “A-Adeline, w-what do you mean?” Adeline growled, looking angrily, “Tell me why he wants me! What have got that he wants? I know he wants to travel the earth with my body, but I know there is much more than that! I demand you to tell me!” Everyone looked at Adeline with shock. She seemed determined and ferocious. Well, actually kind of scary…
--Ignored(Ru)

Callum stomped across the room angrily, knocking over the lamp as he went. It made a satisfying crash as it hit the floor. He violently yanked the largest drawer on the desk open, muttering to himself. "It was one thing when it was just those bumbling buffoons, her little friends, but then this "Freak?" And "Cystenian?" And now Melody and Harmony." He smiled. "Oh, Melody, you thought you could keep her from me." He grabbed a file from the drawer, on it a picture of a ring of keys. "You can't even protect your sister from her own powers. But I'm glad you came..." He opened the file, "now I intend to have two prizes. My Adeline, and Harmony Danvidium's ruby handled key. Come upstairs. I dare you."
--Dahlia

*I don't have half an hour to read over all of this, regretfully, but hi. I realized I haven't been around to check on you guys in a couple of months, and I think it's amazing that the NES has picked up ever since Ena, Luna, Tori and I left. (I take it Lily is now the one shadow stalking?) I'm glad to see so many new writers keeping this story we once loved alive. I'll keep it short, but I miss this place, and keep writing. ;) A few things to clear up with Willow: (since she IS my character after all) here is her appearance... Chocolate brown shoulder-length hair, milky brown eyes and a few freckles dotting her face. She has the appearance of a 10 year old, because she was cursed by a witch long ago, a curse that has gone through her family for years. She's around 53 inches, or 135 centimeters. She's thin but fast, and because she's small, she's able to get into small places. Her hair is strait and silky, funny that she's never ironed it before. AND HERE IS HER PERSONALITY: Fast and funny, sarcastic at times but a good leader. Can stay level headed in a crisis, but her feelings gets hurt easily. She depends on her friends a lot, they support her leadership and makes her more carefree. She's a sweet girl. She pretends to shrug off insults or looks most of the time; some of them really don't matter, but some of them do. And she's been hurt with words before, so is more secluded around strangers. To be a strong leader, she is learning to open up more and trust, be strong, and be a listener. She yaks a lot, but sometimes can't calm down enough to listen to other peoples' opinions, with help, she is improving. Willow isn't her real name, she lost all memory after she agreed to the curse. Her real name is Ivory Shillings, sister to Myrtile. She just remembers Myrtile is her sister, but she doesn't remember Myrtile's real name either. They are really close, and they can sense each other
--Shadow (*Jill*)

Willow is 15, and takes the appearance of a 10 year old. Her pendent is from yours truly, when we messed everything up by writing ourselves into the story. It has the power to grant one wish, but takes weeks to months to even an year depending on the hardness of the wish to recharge. That is about it, have fun with her. :) I'll miss you all, will check back in a while. Thank me later. ;)*
--Shadow (*Jill*)

AND THEN THEY WERE TAKEN CAPTIVE BY BARNEY AND ELMO!
--Luc

*@Jill, You should come back and write more often! But I completely understand if you don't want to, it's difficult going back to the things that ended up being repetivily ruinous, no? @Everyone; Uh....school kept me busy? >sheepish grin< * "You're right, Adeline, we haven't been entirely honest with you." Melody said in a hushed tone. Adeline continued to glare at the pair, and Mimi resisted the urge to cringe away from the whither ing looks. "Spit it out then!" Adeline snapped, "What is it that you won't tell me?" "Ady," Cystenian started, but Adeline cut him off, "Not now, Cystenian." She took another step towards Melody and Harmony, clenching her fists until her knuckles turned white. "I do not think that would be wise at the moment." Melody replied, her voice was level as she fixed Adeline with a steady gaze. "Oh?" Adeline spoke through gritted teeth, "And why not?" "Because, Adeline, as much as you want to believe you are all grown up, that isn't the case. With Callum gone your emotions are unstable, and the pressure is building up inside you like steam inside of a kettle." Melody paused to take a breath, and Adeline said nothing, she looked caught between devastatingly angry, and extremely weary. " If I thought you could handle knowing something as important as this, I would tell you."
--Vashtra and Jenny (i&i)

*thank you for making Adeline more like herself! I would write but I'm struggling with writer's block*
--***

*Just wanted to say, you guys are doing a great job here. Like Jill said, I have a few things to clear up with my character, Hazel. (By the way, I'm very surprised that both Hazel and Fawn are still main characters like wow that's amazing.) I noticed somewhere that one of you said that Hazel was a wolf. She's actually coyote hybrid, not wolf hybrid. Same goes for Fawn. I'm not quite sure how you guys are doing their personalities, but I just want to point something put about the relationships Hazel has with others. First of all, a while ago (like a LONG while ago), she had a short lived romance with Gus. He still holds a strange place in her heart because he can access certain memories of hers. She also has weird mind powers (that's how I've always described them). She doesn't use them often, so feel free to actually not really mention them at all. Just something to note. One last thing, Liz sort of tried to steal her boyfriend at one point. Hazel's good at holding a grudge so things might be a little weird still for her when she's around Liz. She's never really liked Liz anyways. So that's it. Great job guys and keep up the good work.
--Gambit (Tori)

Lmfao I wrote on this thing like three years ago..k bye
--Jesterboy

*@sorryicannevertellwhichoneofyouiswritingimsuchafailignoremenow but anyway yeah i should come back more often, but I'm so busy most of the time. I'm almost all the way caught up with this thing since it's barely moving. I just hope that one day more people will come and pick it up. I'm quite fond of this story, and would hate to see it come to a standstill, so keep writing everyone else c: /iknowimsolame imgivingthisadvicetopeeps whileimnotwritinganythingmyself butblah/ @Tori Haiiii*
--Shadow (*Jill*)

*@lily: why did you refer to yourself in third person above, btw?*
--Shadow (*Jill*)

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)