//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
Liz and Gary followed Tacyn closely, squeezing through the trees right after her, as they had soon discovered that the same trick didn't exactly work for them. Soon Tacyn turned around and looked at them with a confused expression on her face. "I don't know where to go, you two. We are back at the same tree I made a mark in earlier, remember?" Tacyn tapped a thin, silvery tree besides her. A small smiley face had been scratched into the soft bark. Liz walked over and laid her hand on the mark, then started to circle around the tree again and again. "Liz?" Gary stepped towards her. "What do you think we should do about this?" Tacyn ran her fingers through her short hair, and took a deep breath. "I could try to fly up and see what is around us? What do you guys think?" Liz stopped pacing, and turned to face Tacyn. "That would be great. Please do that, okay? Find something we can go to before it is night." Gary nodded. "Yeah, um, what Liz said." Tacyn Turned her face to the sky, and her wings stirred. They rose up to her shoulders, and beat faster and faster, slamming Gary and Liz with great bursts of wind. Then Tacyn was off, rising slowly, then quickly, then hovering near the thick canopy of leaves. She pushed through the leaves with her hands, then rose above them. Gary and Liz waited on the ground, for what seemed like days.
--Pipevine Swallowtail

I'm not sure what the plot is but here goes... "What do you see?" called Gary. Tacyn spun around 360 degrees. All around her was the canopy. No sign of where they had come from. There was no ocean, and no birds flying around. "Trees, trees, and more trees," Tacyn replied. Liz groaned. "More details, please?" "I told, you, that's -" Tacyn froze as she squinted into the horizon. "Wait a second." Along the horizon, barely visible against the darkening sky, was a turquoise patch of air that refused to grow darker with the setting sun.
--Jules

Tacyn dove down into the depths of the forest excitedly. "There's something out there, I'm not sure what, but-" Tacyn was interrupted by a dull roar that erupted all around the trio. Gary and Liz looked around to find the source of the rumbling, while Tacyn took flight again. Once above the treetops, she gasped. All around her, spreading for miles around, were pairs of wings, in a colors of russet and gray. Attached to the wings were humanoid figures-all with auburn hair. Thousands of these creatures were flying toward the turquoise spot in the distance. And every one of them looked like Tacyn.
--WordSmith

Liz stared up at the sky, even though she couldn't see anything, she could sure hear something.The rushing sound grew louder, mixed with odd voices, and the occasional laugh. Tacyn came plummeting down to the ground, her wings stopping her just in time. She looked scared, and confused, her hair ruffled and her eyes huge. "What is that noise?" Gary hissed in her ear, glancing up at the leaves. "There are people up there. They look just like me." Tacyn whispered back, letting her wings fall to the ground. The roaring noise slowly grew quieter, then stopped. "I think they just passed over us." Liz shifted uncomfortably. "What do you think they were going towards?" Tacyn shrugged. "There was a blue dot in the sky, turquoise really, that wasn't changing. I think they were going there." "Do you think maybe we could find out what it is? Maybe try to go there?" Liz mused, looking up the trunk of a tree to try and see past the leaves. "That's the window to the sky dimension. Are you new?" Liz, Gary and Tacyn all spun around. There was a tall girl standing right next to a huge tree trunk. She was pretty, with long shiny chestnut brown hair in a braid to her waist. She had pale, clear skin, and huge brown eyes with long, curly lashes."Hey! Get down from here, they won't hurt you!" She yelled up the tree. "Idiot." There was a blur, and then a boy, standing right next to her. He was a little smaller, with short blond hair and blue eyes, paired with pale skin and oddly long arms. She smiled. "Anyways, I'm Cinnamon. This is my brother, Ivory. He's a little weird, but you get used to him." Cinnamon tilted her head, and looked and Tacyn with confusion in her big brown eyes. "Hey! You're one of the SkyFolk! What are you doing here, and not traveling with them?" Tacyn looked confused and overwhelmed. "Well, I don't know. You see, I was put in an asylum, and what went on in there...I don't even know what they did to me." Cinnamon walked over and placed a hand on Tacyn's shoulder. "Let me guess. Lamira? She's a problem around here. But anyway, you really shouldn't spend the night on the ground. Come with us, we have a place for you to stay." Gary took a step forwards. "Wait. Cinnamon, I don't mean to be rude, but, um, we don't know you. I don't think it would be the best idea to-" Liz cut him off. "Cinnamon, thank you very much. We are very tired, and have had a long past couple days. I would really appreciate it if you would give us a place to stay." Tacyn nodded. "Yes, that would be very nice." Cinnamon grinned. "Just follow me!" She walked over to the tree, and with no effort at all, scrambled up, Ivory right behind her. Liz went first, slowly, but with help from Cinnamon and Tacyn, she was able to make it up. Gary had a little more trouble, but he got up there in the end. The moment they were above the first layer of leaves, they were able to see the bridges stretching from tree to tree, leading off into the distance. "Come on!" Cinnamon said, and started to run. Tacyn shrugged, and started off after her.
--Pipevine Swallowtail

'Hi these is my first time writing, hope it good' Cinnamon took them to a city build into the trees. On the second layer of trees were homes, the bigger the home the higher in class you are. Cinnamon took the group to the biggest trees house ever. "Who comes?" asked a deep voice from the other side of the door. "Its Cinnamon!" replied Cinnamon. "Come in!" the deep voice said as a lady a litter older then Cinnamon herself opened the door. "Who are these people you bring?" said the huge, deep voiced, black haired, frowned faced, man sitting on the very large log throne. "We where captured by Larima," Tacyn interrupted. The deep voiced man frowned. Gary and Liz didn't think his face could frown even more but it did. "How come you're here?" the deep voiced asked. "We killed her," grinned Gary. "YOU WHAT!!" the deep voiced man boomed. "We killed her," reiterated Gary. "Oh my word!" he rubbed his eyes and turned to the lady whom opened the door, " Sally, call an assembly of the wise ones, and take these people to a place to sleep and eat." "Yes sir," Sally said as she, blow on the big horn. Gary, Liz, and Tacyn followed Cinnamon and Ivory to an average sized tree house. There they eat great tasting bugs, a certain bug tasted like the best pizza ever, and another could taste like apple pie. After a yummy meal they slept on leaf woven, hammocks.
--Lavinia

When they woke,they were showerd with presents,invitations, food and much more. They were loved for killing Larmina.they had a wonderful day. They got tours of people's houses, tried different peoples cooked bugs, played with children, and talked about how they had the captives of the alyssum* that's probab,y spelled wrong, but you get what I mean.* they kept hearing " our problem" and "can they help?" but they didn't pay attention. They were playing with the kids, when cinnamon said, "it's time to come to my house. There is no time to travel some where else. And I need to talk to you." so they went back to her average sized house and sat on each of their hammocks. " we have a slight problem" she said, "and we think you can help"
--Mya

Cinnamon sat down, sinking into the leafy weave of her hammock. "Liz, Gary, Tacyn. I'm so sorry to drag you into out problems, but we need you. There is a virus of sorts spreading through our tribe. We have been researching it for years and have not figured out what it comes from or how to heal it. We don't know if you can help, but it's worth a shot. Will you do your best?" Cinnamon's head dropped into her hands, eyes brimming with tears. Liz and Tacyn each put a hand on her shoulder. "Of course we'll help."
--Hawkeye(WordSmith)

*Well, I just love how all of you picked up things :) Hats off! And @Jill, thank you so much! I tried!* Liz's POV: The words left my mouth too quickly. Great, just like me to promise things I'm not sure I can handle. I looked over to Gary. His forced grin looked like a shadow of his enraged expression. He looked at cinnamon and excused himself. Tacyn and I exchanged weary looks, unsure about how we would calm him down. As soon as we were out of earshot Gary exploded. No literally. He sneezed. But right after that he sighed exasperatedly and glared at us, "Oh, of course we'll help! Cause last I checked we are a group of doctors!" I pushed my hair out of my eyes and glared back, "Gary, OK so I know you are supposed to be smart and logical and all but please, after all the hospitality they have shown us, we have to help them out!" "Being kind is one thing Liz but how do we know if we are immune? We can catch it too!" Gary retorted, his voice calmer. "Um guys..." Tacyn said slowly. "Not now Tacy, not now." I grumbled. Gary was right, as much as she loved helping people, they could catch the virus too. "No really Liz..." Tacyn spoke again, this time pointing behind the twins. Gary and I turned our heads, not sure what to expect. I was the first to notice him, a little scrawny boy, not more than eight, attempting to hide behind an even scrawnier tree. "Well, I don't know about you guys...", I smiled, dramatically speaking out loud, " but I think their is this really big scary monster behind that tree!" Hearing that the boy sighed in defeat and revealed himself. Walking over to him I chuckled at his attempt to hide, "So what's your name kiddo?" I stopped in front of him. It was odd. He just stared at me. "Well, what is it?", I spoke softly, resting on my knees. "I'm dhurkh. And you can't leave!"
--LastLaugh(Ru)

*still Liz's POV* "Why?" I asked. He was silent. "Why, dhurkh?" I raised my voice a bit. "Why can't we leave?" Finally, he spoke. "My parents have the virus, and I've been taking care of them. They're on the brink of death, and I..." His eyes filled with tears. I wrapped my arms around him and whispered, "I'm sorry. I'll help you out. I'll try to find a cure as soon as I can." Gary glared at us and Tacyn looked worried, but I knew I was going to find a cure for that city, no matter what it took, even if one of us had to risk catching the virus..
--Alicia

* garys pov * what is my sister thinking?what if we got the virus? who would take care of us? we were all alone. i looked up. "hey, wered he go?" i asked.i looked at my sister.her mouth was open.wide.
--Mya

*still Gary's POV* "Liz! Liz, where's dhurkh?" I asked, even more worried than I was before. Her face turned white. "I.. I was holding him, when suddenly my arms grasped air!" she stammered, "Gary, dhurkh... Dhurkh can teleport! *i know it's totally random and all but it sounded cool!*
--Alicia

*@Alicia, It was damn cool :D In fact, you just gave me an idea..." Narrator’s POV: Liz swung her head around in confusion. Her eyes were frantically still chasing after the vanished boy. “DHURKH! Where you at? We don’t bite! Gary snores but I swear that’s all!” she shouted into the shadows. “Hey gurl le touche!”, Gary mumbled frowning at his twin sister. “What? Ok I bite but only sometimes…” Liz sheepishly agreed, “But that still does not explain what happened to that kid.” Tacyn suddenly exclaimed, “He just came back!” And he was right, there the boy stood, a little away from the three other kids. Liz scowled and said, “How can you do that? I mean, our previous friends could transport but gosh, that was a lifetime ago…” Gary and Liz stood silent, the memory of their lost friends nibbling at the pieces of their broken hearts. “Never mind that,” Liz thought, pushing her memories away, “we have to save this kid’s parents.” Making her mind up she peered into Dhurkh’s eyes. The boy reluctantly answered, “It’s the spirits, I have the spirits powers. They let me transport through their world.” Gary frowned, “The spirits? In like, the spirit world? That’s where we lost all of our friends!” Dhurukh shook his head, “I don’t know anything about any people in the spirit world but, the virus that’s spreading is because of the spirits, they are angry with us. So the spirits inside us are slowly dying.” “Woah wait, you all have spirits inside you?” Tayn asked confused. Dhurkh vigorously nodded his head, “Yes! In fact, our village is from an ancient tribe that made peace with the spirits. But now… we have forgotten our traditions. So they are killing us!”
--LastLaugh(Ru)

*Btw, I'm planning to contact the oldies and ask about the previous characters and whether or not we should get them back. If we should then, it'll be a great way to get them back on :D Does anyone around here still remember anything about the old characters?*
--LastLaugh(Ru)

*that sounds like a great idea! but I'm real new so i have no idea about the oldies*
--Alicia

"But... our friends wouldn't kill people... would they?" asked Tacyn, a bit worried and scared now. "Not unless if they're by someone or something..." Gary said, his voice shaky.
--Alicia

sorry, but is their a plot that everyone has agreed on or not?
--Alicia

" How could they!" said Liz. " we don't know for sure" said Tacyn. there was silence and the only thing that was heard were all the usual sounds of the wildlife. " We have to do something. We can't just let Dhurkh and his tribe be killed" said Liz after a while. She looked down at the ground. "But what can we do.We're not anyone special" said Gary. The sun shining through the trees illuminated the solemn faces. The sky suddenly went black as hundreds of black clawed eagles filled the sky. They swooped down past the tops of the trees and rose again into the sky." What's happening!" said Dhurkh, avoiding an eagle who had nearly smacked into him. The descending eagles screeched and the four had no choice only to run through the forest.
--Alicia

They reached a clearing and ducked under the trees. The attacking birds lost them under their tree as the sky grew brighter again. "They're gone. what was that about?" asked Gary. "I recognize them as the Inpentium.They are an army that have been around for years.They even have ancient magic!They will definitely come back for us. The only thing is I am not quite sure why they tried to attack us" replied Tacyn, looking up, " I will go up again and see if they are gone. You three go on and I will fly overhead for a while".Tacyn rose above the forest treetops. The three on the ground ran , even though Dhurkh didn't have to because of his powers.After a while when Liz, Gary and Dhurkh were exhausted Dhurkh used his powers to reach another clearing up ahead, even though he had wanted to stick with his friends
--Alicia

This had been the second strange attack sorry I did too much
--Alicia

Dhurkh tried to send a signal
--Rachel

but it didnt work
--Rachel

What the signal did do was draw the attention to him not his friends
--Rachel

*I am not an oldy but i did read the beginning of the never-endly-story. Laura was the crazy metal lady. There was more people too. Ask me if you want more info*
--Lavinia

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)