//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
"Gary." Said Liz. She was terrified that she would have to hurt the frog. If the sounds from the cat weren't enough. "Liz. I know that this is sad. But, we have to torture the frog. Its a matter of life and death." "Since when did you start hurting animals?" "Since we were threatened of dying!" Liz sighed, "Ok. But only on one condition. No matter how much we torture it, it cannot die." "Ok, whatever. Its not like we have to kill it anyways." Over the loudspeaker, "All animals must be dead. If your animal is not dead, no supper." "Oh, great! Just great!" Gary faced Lily.
--Monarch *Lauren*

Liz shrugged. "I can deal with no supper." Gary sighed and replied, "I have a feeling 'no supper' isn't the entire punishment." Liz nodded and thought for a moment. "I'm beat." Gary put his hands on the sides of his head, saying, "We can't be beat! We have to-oh, wait. We don't have to do it...painfully. We just won't get a prize if we, oh, I don't know, quickly break its neck?" Liz nodded, sad that they would have to kill a defenseless creature, but she saw that it was the only option.
--WordSmith(Emma)

"It doesn't matter, he'll be in less pain if we just kill him first" Gary snarled. Liz was sick to her stomach. She wanted to get out of this twisted, place. But she had to. She examined the tools, and saw a large knife. "We need to make this quick." said Liz. "Hold the frog." Gary understood her intent and held the frog behind its head. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry." whimpered Liz. Thunk. "All over." she said quietly. She turned away. It was an innocent creature. She hoped this never happened again, but she knew she would have to do this again. "It's okay now." said Gary, hugging her shoulder. Liz turned around, and stared at the two pieces of the frog. She frantically ran to the tools and took the needle and thread, and began to try to sew the poor thing back to together. "Liz stop. It's dead-" "No I'm sorry I didn't want to do this-" "Liz its DEAD!" he said and jerked her hands away. Now the pieces were barely attached by the slimy threads inserted by Liz.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

Gary was in a horrific awe at everything. "Liz we need to keep it together til we can get out of here." he said. He walked up to the she-devil. "What do we do when we're done?" he asked coldly, trying to ignore the remains of the she-devil's project. "Set it on the long counter where you found the cage." she said. So he did. He walked quickly, nearly slammed the tray down, and went back to try to comfort Liz. She however, was running to the trashcan. Gagging, heaves. Gary shook his head. Liz came back, weak and shaking. "I'm sorry." she said quietly. Gary hugged her. "It's okay. We're gonna get out of here." Although his words weren't even comforting to himself, and he just hugged her tighter.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

Suddenly, they felt a tap on their shoulders. "Uh, I hate to interrupt, but everyone's leaving." Tacyn has returned! Liz and Gary spun around. Tacyn gave them a lopsided grin, but her green eyes betrayed a haunted look. Art Class had taken its toll. Tacyn cleared her throat. "Um, do you want to go back? I'll come with you." Liz and Gary smiled gratefully. They strode out of the room, Tacyn chattering all the while. Her words were interspersed with spontaneous flying and brief pauses. She explained to them how Art Class was on Tuesdays and they would have Gym Class the next day. Gary wondered how she knew the days without any sunlight to judge by. Liz paused, thinking about what atrocities Gym Class had in store for them, but she gave up and asked Tacyn. "So what do you do in Gym Class?" Tacyn landed from her flying and stared at Liz, her eyes showing not even a hint of happiness. It seemed to Liz Tacyn's eyes bored into her soul, burning away any hope of Gym Class being, well, blood free. "I, " Tacyn said, "will let you figure it out tomorrow."
--WordSmith(Emma)

"That's what the she-devil had said for art class." growled Liz, still traumatized. Gary wasn't sure which was worse; the horrific surprise when they found out, or anticipating the event to come. "Her name is Nicole. She always fit in here." said Tacyn, trying to change the subject. "What's gym class?" asked Gary, "Alright." said Tacyn defeatedly. "It's pretty much gladiator battles. Larima watches. She doesn't feed the losers, and she refuses to have any one die, otherwise the victor will be punished, and end up worse than the loser. She also has her own tricks if the battles aren't gruesome enough. One time she splattered battery acid on the competitors, another she had wolves tear off limbs, but then cauterize them on the spot. It's her personal art class." Gary and Liz looked at each other grimly. "How does she pick?" Liz asked,hoping they may be spared from gym class for tomorrow. "She'll undoubtably pick you. She wants to show you off. She'll probably put you against a constant loser, so it should be easy, unless put you two in against each other-" "No." said Gary. "That won't happen." They kept walking til they arrived back at their cells. LIz spoke up. "How do you tell the time?" she rasped. "I count each of the classes as a day. I don't have any real timekeeping. " she shrugged. Then she went into her room. Suddeny they were face to face with Angeline. She was a bloody mess. She had festering wounds everywhere, and bodily fluids of all sort just seemed to pour from her. Her eyes were wide, and full of pain. Her body was black and blue. She looked nearly dead. "What happened to you?" gasped Gary. "The p-plan." stuttered Angeline. "Larima doesn't like plans... n-now go to your room so you don't e-end up like me." she then shuffled away, leaving bloody footprints on the floor. Liz began to whimper. "Shh, shhh." said Gary. They finally arrived to their room. Liz lay on her bed, and curled up. She grabbed the pillow, and screamed. She wailed as her soul did inside as she tried to vomit the chaos of her mind. She screamed and screamed until Liz couldn't any more. Then she sat up, and curled into a ball. "Gary." she finally said, raspy from her screams. "This is my fault." one tear went down her eye. "No no no-" "I chose the door Gary." rasped Liz. "I put us in this place. It's all my fault." "No it's not." said Gary. We are going to get out of here. And everything will be okay. I won't let Larima hurt you any more. You stay in this room from now on, okay?" he said gently. "But how are you going to-" "I can get us through this." he said. "You need to recover. I need you to stay sharp for me, okay?" he said soothingly. She nodded, just wanting to get out of the asylum. Gary hugged her. "It;s going to be all right." For a moment, Liz actually believed it as she lay down, hoping for a dreamless sleep. Meanwhile, Gary heard the taps coming from Angeline.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

And all he heard was how to get out. Get out of this place. It was too much. He couldn't bear the thought of Larima tortouring Angeline. Angeline's knocks slowly went down in pace, and faded away slowly. Angeline was dead. He gently shook Liz's shoulder. She had been curled up in a ball. "Let me guess." She murmered, softly crying. "Yeah." Replied Gary. "But we know how to get out. The door." "We cant get out the door! Its locked!" "That's not what I'm saying." "Then what are you saying?!" Yelled Liz.
--LaurenAutrey:)

"Larima has the door." said Gary. "It's in her office, right where we entered. " he said. "Angeline doesn't"-he cringed. Didn't. -"know where the office was. But if we can find it, we can get out of here. But until I know where it is, you will stay here like I said. Alright?" Liz just nodded, weeping profusely and wrenchng her hands into tight fists. An annoucement came on. Liz moaned. "Hello patients!" exclaimed Larima loudly. "Today is my favorite day. Today is Gym Class! Everyone head down to stadium. That is all lovelies." And it clicked off. Gary kissed Liz on the forehead, and then hesitantly walked out of the room, leaving his sister to gather her wits. These characters were different than the ones he had seen yesterday. They seemed tougher, like vicious boulders. Still Nicole was in the crowd, eager as ever for suffering. He also saw Tacyn. He wriggled his way to her through the hallway. "Where's Liz?" asked Tacyn,sounding nervous. "Did she get pulled by Larima is she okay?" she said, growing louder and more hysterical. Tears started to well in her eyes. "WHAT HAPPENED IS SHE DEAD-" "No." said Gary. "She just can't come. I will handle this by myself." Tacyn calmed down a bit, but was still anxious. "I'm not sure if you can do it by yourself." she said. "I'm sure Larima would allow me to fight for her-""No. I mean...its hard." she said quietly. "it's not that I don't believe in you...I've seen what happens." This terrified Gary, but also gave him strength. He was going to this, to show Larima he was strong, strong enough to protect Liz from her. He went into the stadium. It looked like a colisium that had to be shrunk to fit the room, and was smashed and uncomfortable. The smell of blood and old meat hung in the air, and grew stronger as he sat down, noticing there was dried blood and chunks in front of him on the wall. He shuddered. All of a sudden, a box seat rose up on the opposite side of him. Inside was Larima, looking like a possesed child with her wild, huge eyes and bald head. She grabbed a microphone. "Welcome welcome lovelies!! You are all in for a real treat today! " she eyed Gary. "Today, our newest Gary, will fight for is right to live! Or lose it all together." she said villianously. "Gary, step down into the arena." Gary stood up, hoping he looked brave, and went down into the arena, which was messily mopped, and the remains simpley smeared. The metallic scent of blood was choking now. "Now, to tell you guys the truth, I don't want to waste my lovelie's blood on a newbie, so we're gonna start this one off with something easier." she said in generous voice that Gary feared. "Ladies and Gentleman, I present, the Obstacle Course!" no one cheered. Some looked down sadly, while others smiled wickedly, including Nicole. The wall opened and folded out to a horrendous series of torture weapons. "You must complete three of these, you may chose two. I choose the other." Gary gaped. How was he supposed to choose. He saw whips, he saw swords, he saw a horrid looking shoe filled with spikes, and even an iron maiden. He considered taking one and using it to kill himself and be done with this, but he remembered Liz. This was all for Liz. He saw the tub of water. He pointed to it. "He has chosen the water cure!" squealed Larima. she went down from her box onto the arena, and led him. She strapped him on a tray. She turned around, still with a microphone. "For those of you who don't know, we're just gonna give him a big drink of water!" she plugged his nose with a clip that pinched painfully, and shoved a funnel into his mouth. she then began to pour water from the jug into him. Gary first drank hungrily, extremely thirsty, but soon his body felt like a water balloon, and he couldnt swallow fast enough. He had to keep drinking, drinking, the water, but he couldnt swallow it into his stomach, his innards were literally filled with water. It soon came up his throat, and he nearly vomited it all out onto Larima. she stopped. "Oh yes you're full." she said, and punched his gut with great force. This sent all of the water bursting out of his mouth, and dripping through his nose where the clip insuffiecently plugged his nose. He coughed and sputtered, and could taste his stomach acid that had mixed with the water. But no sooner had he finally deflated himself, she began pouring again. SHe poured it down his throat, she punched him, he spewed it out like a bag of water. She repeated this multiple times until GAry couldn't swallow any more. He simply closed his mouth and refused for the funnel to be put in his mouth. "Alright, its done. What's next?" she asked cheerfully. She unstrapped him, and he rolled off the table and coughed up more water. He was miserable, sick, and wet from the water that used to be inside of him. He was so weak. But he had to go on. He got up shakily. "What's next Gary?" she asked again.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

"LISTEN TO ME, YOU FLESH-EATING FREAK! TELL ME WHERE YOUR OFFICE IS, OR ELSE!" Liz screamed. She had apparently ripped a door off of its hinges and was carrying it like a shield in front of her. For whatever reason, she had come from the room, defying her twin's orders. Larima hissed at the sight of the door and took a step back.
--WordSmith(Emma)

"Or else what?" asked Larima. "Or else I will personally make you suffer until you plead to be killed," threatened Liz, with surprising calmness. She picked up the end of a flaming whip and struck Larima on her hairless scalp. "I will tell you where my office is if you hit yourself with the door," said Larima.
--William

"Do you think I'm stupid?" Liz slammed the door *no pun intended* onto Larima's already smoldering skull. "Yes." Larima rub the 2-inch lump on her head. She would never tell anyone, but it hurt beyond compare. She had to fight every cell in her body so she wouldn't tell where the office was. But she was losing control. "The office is in your room." "Wait, what?" "There is a small door in the back corner of your room. It's concealed into the wall pretty well, if you haven't discovered it already."
--William

"YOU LIAR!" screamed Liz, and hit her again. Blood trickled down her head, giving her a gruesome wig of red. "It's there. " she said. But then Liz collapsed. "Ah thank goodness." said Larima. Gary was enraged. "What have you done to my sister?" he croaked. "What needed to be. She's asleep. Se is not dead. But she's not waking up until I tell her to. Now listen," she said. "You are going to finish the obstacle course. I will make you forget about the doors, and you will be happy here like the rest of us." she said. Gary saw Tacyn out of the corner of his eye, she was weeping quietly. Larima took a towel and water she found amidst the equipment and wiped the blood off of her head, but her skin was still stained pink, and the wound was still bleeding slowly. "What is your next punishment?" she asked. Gary's head pounded. Everything was too much. He pointed somewhere. "Thank you. Next is brandishing." Gary didn't care anymore. He didn't really feel anything any more. He slumped over a bench, shirt off. He smelled his own grilling flesh as she put some sort of mark on him. He got up, and put his shirt back on. He was either dead or insane; mybe both. "Now it's my turn to choose. I think that you have completed enough. You're finished." Gary didn't wonder why she wouldn't just kill him. "Gym class is over." she said, and made a motion for everyone to leave. "Wake Liz up." grunted Gary. "No. You can carry her. I will wake her up when I please." Larima said coldly, and ushered him off. He began to trudge down the hallway, his sleeping sister slung over his shoulders, his eyes glazed. They went back to their cell. He lay Liz back onto her bed, and sat there, staring at her. "She's not dead." he whispered, over and over again. "She's not dead she's not dead she's not dead." Tacyn had came in, but Gar did not notice her as she sat by him and hugged him. "Gary?" she asked. "She's not dead she's not dead she's not dead-" "Gary!" she yelled. Gary became silent, and looked at her. He didn't cry, but his eyes her full of fear and sadness. "She's not dead. She'll wake up soon." she hugged him tight. He hugged back, but he didn't feel like he was the one moving. "We need to get out." Gary whispered. "We will." said Tacyn. "By the way, take the small white pill Larima gives you. It will make you feel better. Everything will be okay." she said.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

"What'll the pill do?" Gary asked. "I don't remember," stated Tacyn. "Would it, by any chance, give you amnesia?" "Oh, yeah!" Tacyn had obviously taken the pill. Gary started looking for the door. He found a set of cracks in the corner.
--William

Gary didn't need the amnesia pills. They wouldn't help him. He grazed his fingertips over the cracks. Soon, he noticed more sets of cracks, all around the room, as if the walls were made of doors to Larima's office. He scraped at the cracks, trying to pry the doors open. Tacyn gave him a strange look. "What are you doing? Why are you scratching the walls?" but Gary wouldn't give up, he clawed at the cracks, but they did nothing but make his fingers bleed. He tried the next crack, scraping furiously in hopes to get out "Gary there's nothing there!" said Tacyn conceredly. "No the door is in this room I need to find it!" rasped Gary. "Open the door please open the door." Tacyn grabbed Gary and restrained him as he could. "Get off the door the door!!! THE DOOR!" "THE DOOR ISN'T THERE GARY LARIMA IS WARPING YOUR MIND LET IT GO!!" Gary stopped struggling. He saw the cracks fade and disapear into the walls to the blank white room. Except now it was smeared with the finger prints of Gary's bloody fingers. He stared at his fingers. They dripped with blood. It scared Gary terribly. "She does this as her 'punishments.'" she said quietly. "This one was pretty tame." she said. "Don't believe anything you see. Nothing. It's all a mind trick." she said. "I can try and stay in here-" "Please." he said gratefully. He felt close to Tacyn, seeing as she has guided them through this place. "Alright." she said, and hugged him tight.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

Liz opened her eyes. "What happened? I dreamt that some crazy bald lady named Larima knocked me out." Gary and Tacyn said, in unison, "That's exactly what happened." "Then why am I awake?" "Larima," Gary said, "must have lifted the enchantment."
--William

"Listen lovelies! Today is Music Class! Remember, whoever makes the loudest music gets a special prize!" Larima announced. "What's music class?" Gary asked Tacyn. "The music is screams of terror."
--William

Gary laughed and laughed and laughed, causing Tacyn to step back, eyes wide with fright. Liz tentatively stepped forward, asking, "Gary? Are you alright?" His laughs dwindled into chuckles, then disappeared completely. "Oh yes, I'm fine." He said, wiping tears of mirth from his eyes. "I'm just done with it." Tacyn calmed down enough to ask, "Done with what?" Gary didn't even have to think to answer, "This place. I think I may have figured out how to get out." Liz and Tacyn inched closer to him, assuming he was back to normal. "How?" They breathed, hoping against hope that he really could get them out. He began to think and spoke slowly and carefully, "Well... everything is an illusion here. Freedom, happiness...so maybe, if we stop believing the illusions, we can get out!"
--WordSmith(Emma)

"Gary? I don't think you're making sense." Liz said carefully. "I am! Everything is an illusion so screw the illusion! Living is the illusion ITS ALL AN ILLUSION DEAD PEOPLE DONT DREAM HAHAHAH!" Liz's eyes were wide, horrified; Gary had gone insane. He couldn't handle this place any more than she could. She was crouched at the corner of one of the beds. Gary grabbed a bedsheet off of his own bed and twisted it into a crude wire. "Dead people don't dream." he said to Liz, like he was saying that humans had 206 bones, just a small fact of life. He stalked towards her. Liz scrambled off the bed and into the opposite corner of the room. "Gary don't do this. Gary no dying isn't the answer killing isn't the answer don't sink to Larima's level!!" she shrieked. "It's okay, I will kill me too, and Tacyn, and everyone. It'll be okay." he said assuredly, but it was anything but. Liz was frantic and desperate. "Gary Larima is manipulating you don't do this!" said Tacyn. Gary whipped around, and slung the makeshift bedsheet noose around her throat. He pulled with all his might. Tacyn's eyes bulged as she grappled the sheets. "GARY NO STOP!" she screamed, and tackled him, taking Tacyn down with them. She scrambled out of the mix of the two, coughing and gasping. Liz had pinned Gary down, and she was crying, and the salty teardrops fell uopn his face as he tried to wriggle free. He failed. He lay there, heaving and struggling, like an agitated caged dog. Then he stopped. He realized what he had tried to do.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

*OKAY I TYPED IN ALONG PARAGRAPH AND ITS NOT SHOWING UP*
--Invisible *Lauren*

*i would try to retype it. If not I'll just add to my own paragraph*
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

*Liz's pov. Sorry if this is to short and bad if it is, just go on from before* my brother looked really scared. " I got it " he said over and over again. "Are we sure he's okay?"I asked Tacyn." I am" Gary said. " I know how we get out of here.it's dangerous but worth it." he continued. Then, he told us everything .
--Mya

*Nah, it's actually really good for never having done this before. ;) Nice job* Liz and Tacyn listened intently for half an hour while Gary explained his idea in detail. They occasionally added their own comments until the plan had been fine-tuned to flawless precision. Just as they finished, the intercom fizzled on. "Hello, sweeties! Everyone please come to the Music Room! are we going to have fun today!" Larima's sickly sweet voice purred. Liz, Gary, and Tacyn gave each other resolute nods. "Here goes nothing." Gary murmured under his breath. The plan was on.
--WordSmith(Emma)

*oh great you have forced me to be creative and actually plan stuff. FINE I WILL* They stood in their room, waiting for the crowd of people to be off to music class. Once Liz saw everyone was gone,they sprinted down the hallway. The intercom crackled "We need ALL patients to the Music Room please!" she said sweetly, but a tone of concern was there. "We're waiting." Intercom clicked off. This message chilled them, and they ran faster, as if the voice of Larima was her embodiment, and was chasing them with the echoes of speakers. "Come on, run!!" Gary said, running as fast as he could. Soon they were there. They were back at Larima's office. Gary was amazed. He already knew what was there, but it still shocked him how blatantly he ignored it. Her office was like Gateway Mansion, full of doors, except they all were usually the recieving ends, and Larima happily took their souls. Each door told its own story, like a totem pole. Gary searched for the door they needed. It was the Ying-Yang door they encountered what seems like ages ago. "I found it. Hurry!" he said excitedly, and as he twisted the handle, another hand was on his, wrenching it away from the door. "Angeline?" Liz gasped. There she stood. In perfect health with black eyes shimmering evilly like a shark's. "You all thought I was dead. You are all so easily fooled. But now, here I stand, making sure you stay with Larima." she sneered. "But, what about everything you fought her she killed you-" "IDIOTS IT WAS A TRICK!" she screamed. "IT WAS A DECEPTION OF PERCEPTION TO MAKE YOUR MINDS MELT LIKE FAT IN A GRIDDLE!" "Who are you?" Liz asked shakily. "My lovely daughter, thank you. " came a voice. Larima had crept into the office, and now appeared by Angeline's side, hugging her shoulders. "She is my dear love and companion, she helps me break you." Gary was filled with rage. "YOU ARE SICK TWISTED YOU ARE A DEMON YOURE A DEMON A DEMON!" he screeched, in a vain attempt to hurt her, but she only smiled, and stood silent. Angeline was giggling. Gary yelled more, saying awful terrible things as his throat went hoarse and tears welled in his eyes, until he couldn't any more. He dropped to his knees and wept. Gary's mind had been broken. Larima was a disease that ate away at his sanity like a parasite, and now she had entirely infected him. He pounded the floor as he sobbed, hating everything. Larima smiled. She whispered to her daughter, "you will be able to have power over people too, someday." she said encouragingly. Liz and Tacyn were speechless. They were at a loss at what to do. Tacyn, collapsed too, and became in a similar positon to Gary, weeping and hating all they've been through. Tacyn took Gary's hand, and squeezed it, to show they had lost their minds together. Suddenly, Larima collapsed too, although she wasn't weeping. Gary and Tacyn had pulled Larima and Angeline's legs from under them. They struggled futily to become free. Gary grabbed scissors and was about to end her when- "WAIT!" Tacyn shouted. "I have a better idea. Throw them in Gym. Invite the patients Liz." With that, Tacyn and GAry dragged off the kicking demons. Liz took the intercom, trembling. She pressed the button. "Art Class has been changed to Gym Class. Please report immeadiatly....that is all." she unpressed the button, and walked to the gym. Larima and Angeline stood inside the arena, looking like ants crawling out of their hill. They scrambled everywhere hoping for a way out. Gary stared at them coldly, Tacyn also with him. Liz sat by Gary and shook him. "What are you doing?" she asked. Nothing. 'What are you going to do to them?" she asked, shaking him. "We're gonna watch them die. One way or another." he said grimly, and returned his stare at the two creatures in the pit. Soon the other patients filed in, and sat, murmering about the unusual contestants. Gary went around at took a place inside of the podium Larima once mocked him in. He took the microphone. "Hello Larima." he said. " You have inflicted so many scars on me, my sister, and all of the other patients who have wound up in this god forsaken place. he glanced at the audience, and returned his eyes to Larima. "Today, you're going to get some scars on your own. Along with you Angeline. You must fight each other. The last one standing will have mercy." he said. "Choose your weapon.' he opened up the same doors to the playground. Liz was sobbing. Tacyn was watching carefully. Angeline went first, and picked up a blunt instrument. A hammer. She stared at Larima, shrugged, and charged, letting out a hellish screech. Larima was wide eyed, and scrambed behind one of the tables. "Angeline we can win without doing this, I'm your mother-" LArima stammering was cut short and Angeline charged again. This time LArima ran to the back, to a corner. Angeline stalked her, slowly getting to her now helpless mother. "Angeline please-" "No." She took a swing, and withing the second Larima took out a small knife and stabbed Angeline's leg. She howled and buckled, her leg aleady soaked and dripping with blood. LArima's wide eyes were now full of evil hatred as she dragged her daughter by her arm into the middle of the arena. "YOU CANNOT CONTROL ME YOU WILL NOT HURT ME" screamed Larima, and pushed Angeline's arm to the ground, she bent over her daughter, who was crying in pain. Larima raised the knife, and went down into Angeline. She gasped, but before she could react, Larima repeated the motion. Over and over again, and Angeline was still somewhat alive, but her body was slowly being chopped to peices by her mother. When Angeline finally stopped screaming, Larima began to cut Angeline's skin, swiping it to watch the rest of the young girl's blood blossom and flow. Larima then took Angeline's hand into her mouth. A sickening chomp / crunch was heard. LArima stood up, chewing, like a rubbery piece of meat. Gary stared at her, hiorrified but pleased with the situation. "You have killed your flesh and blood for mercy. We will give you ask much mercy as you have for us. Patients, everyone, finish her off. Tear her to pieces. I don't care." Gary said dismissively. and turned off the mic. The crowds swarmed ragingly as they raced to get revenge on the bald woman. She let out a shrill scream as her patients engulfed her, and continued as they worked. Tacyn did not join, but watched as blood and flesh flew in a mist above the patients' heads. Finally the screams were gone. Larima was dead. Liz was still sobbing, and Gary and Tacyn had a look of melancholy on their faces. The asylum had brought out a darkness in all of them that no one -not even themselves - had seen before. As they walked back to the office, it was a silent agreement that the asylum had brought up thoughts that they would never speak of to any one, or each other. They never wished to see it again. Gary especially knew this, and hoped that maybe someday, they would all forget the horrors, but it was clear it was a terrible nightmare stuck in their heads forever, but all would go on.
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

*Incredible job, Intoxicating Dream Juice! I knew I could count on you. ;) I had no clue what to say.* Liz and Gary stumbled down the seemingly-everlasting hall to Larima's office. Their hands were on the doorknob before Tacyn cleared her throat. "What about everyone else?" She asked. Gary let go of the knob and stuck his head out the door of the office. As he expected, creatures of all kinds were roaming the corridor, unsure what to do with their newfound freedom. "HEY, EVERYONE! THE DOORS OUT ARE IN HERE!" Heads turned and hundreds of Larima's former victims flooded down the hall and to the office. Liz, Gary, and Tacyn stood back as creatures in all shapes and sizes found the correct door home. After the rest had left, Liz and Gary, tears (almost) forming in their eyes, gestured for Tacyn to take her door. Tacyn smiled and shook her head resolutely. "I'm coming with you!" She said.
--WordSmith

*Yeah yeah. I try. Although honestly their plan itself wasn't really a plan, just run really fast. Eh. I also think I made this story super dark and may have scarred a few children, and i apologize for that.* Gary smiled at the thought. The wonderful, strange winged girl would be able to have a decent home with them. All would be well, perhaps they could stay at the Mansion for a while, rest their bodies and minds. But Gary's daydream was cut short. Nicole the devil woman was the last to arrive. She stood with her hip out, arms crossed, staring at the children. "Nicole, would you like to go home?" Liz asked her. "What home?" snarled Nicole. "This place was my home. My family abandoned me for my horns, claiming i was a terrible demon." she said. "Larima took me in, gave me somewhere to sleep, something to eat-" "She did all those terrible things! She made YOU do terrible things!" Liz exclaimed. "I WANTED TO!" she shouted. "Call me a demon as did others before you, but I enjoyed pain and misery as much as almost as much as Larima did. It was small revenge against the world. Now it's gone. I have nowhere!" she yelled. "This is all your fault!" she heaved, and Gary and Liz noticed, her skin grew to be a blood red color, her eyes turned into a snakes, golden yellow, her tail whipped back and forth. Her fangs had somehow gained bloodstains on them. She had become a demon. Her eyes darted back and forth around the room, and slashed at Gary with her fingernails, which had also turned into sharp claws. It left neat trails of blood on his skin. He jumped away. The demon then sprinted for a door, and plunged in. Liz and Tacyn were shocked. Gary tried to wipe the blood away from his scratches, which resulted in nothing more than what of which a vicious cat might do. "She went through the K door." Tacyn said, and stared at the one she spoke of. It was plain and old, and - as said by Tacyn - had a jagged K carved into it. "That world is in danger." said Gary, "we have to save it."
--Intoxicating Dream Juice

*I'm sorry if I'm monopolizing the NES, but I can't resist!* Liz took in a deep, shaky breath and opened the door. Gary and Tacyn followed her in. They were standing on a beach, albeit a very small beach, about two meters long and only one meter of sand was visible before the water started. They could see no other land than what they were standing on. The twinkling, turquoise waves lapped against their feet, and the beautiful green-blue ocean stretched all the way to the horizon. "Well then," Gary said. "I guess we try to swim?" Tacyn smiled mischievously, tucked her wings in, and stepped out in to the water. Before she was even three feet deep, she began thrashing ferociously, calling for help in a panicked voice. Liz and Gary immediately ran into the water, but they were too late. Tacyn had sunk beneath the beautiful waves. The twins stood there for a moment, the waves tugging at their knees, in shock. They had been in the world for less than five minutes and Tacyn was gone. Just as they were about to turn back to the shore, bubbles began appearing at the surface where Tacyn had fallen. They turned back around, and Tacyn resurfaced! "Come on in!" She cheered happily, "We can breathe underwater here. Or, at least, I can." Liz and Gary smiled happily and stuck their faces in the water. Sure enough, they could breathe!
--WordSmith

They swam deeper and deeper. The deeper they got, the more comfortable they felt. They wondered how. Then, Liz said, "You guys have fins!" All three of them swam toward the surface. The second they reached sunlight, they were normal again. *sorry my stuff is so short*
--William

"Wow! This is Amazing!" Gary said. Liz threw her head back in laughter. "How is this even possible?" She asked. "I think there must be something in the water, and once we reach air we go back to normal!" Gary Replied. "No time for that!" Tracyn explained. "Come on lets Go!", and she disappeared below the surface. The trio swam on in unison, exploring the depths of the sea. A beautiful coral reef surrounded them, filled with fish of all kind. Gary even claimed he witnessed a turtle! Still, they searched on. Soon enough, they three realized they were growing webbed hands, and fins were there feet had once been. It was the most beautiful and amazing thing they all had seen. But enough of that. They had a mission to complete. After hours of swimming, and when they had reached a depth where no sunlight could possibly reach, they saw a light. Down, deep in the cracks of the coral and rock, a few golden rays escaping through the rock. Liz swam down to investigate. She looked through the cracks, and gasped at what she saw. Trees, hills, grass, blue skies and clouds. She was amazed at what she was witnessing! Then she started to choke. No, really, she began to suffocate! Her hand reached the side of her neck, where she felt her gills, tightening and closing up. She began to spasm, and her lungs felt tight. Gary swam down next to her and landed by her side. "What's wrong?" he asked. Then, the gills on his neck too began to close up. Tracyn as well. Liz desperately pointed to the rocks where the sunshine shone through. Once Gary looked through, as did Tracyn, they urgently attempted to pry the rocks away, while making little progress. Time was running out. They had to do this. Liz began to feel light headed. She felt as if she was about to pass out. Liz was crying, underwater, where her tears would not be seen. With one last attempt, and without knowing it, Tracyn removed the final rock. And what came to them, was a door, much like the others. With one last final push all three of them fell through, landing onto the sweet, freshly cut, golf-course like grass. Water spilled all around them, then stopped. When they had finished choking, Tracyn, Gary and Liz looked back to where they had fallen through. But there was nothing there, just clear blue sky.
--Max

*@Max: i was hoping the next paragraph would be like yours* They saw a bird. It had green eyes, a golden beak, and the color of its plumage was iridescent. It spoke. "Tserof eht ot emoc." "Hey, he's speaking backwards! He's saying, 'Come to the forest!"
--William

Tacyn and Liz stepped forward as the bird flew off toward an unknown horizon. Gary put his hands on his hips. "I see that we have learned nothing!" he said. "We fall from the bottom of an ocean into a dry golf field where an iridescent bird who talks backwards tells us to come to the forest. And we immediately drop everything and follow it. None of this makes sense!" Tacyn shrugged innocently. "He's got wings. He can't be that bad." She pointed out. Gary put his fingertips to his forehead in an exasperated manner. "Okay. Whatever. Let's go follow a talking bird," he gave in.
--WordSmith

The forest was a thick one, to say the least. The weird thing was that whenever Tacyn went between the trees, they opened a pathway for her. *sorry it's so short!!*
--William

*I'm sorry that this isn't a paragraph that adds but my god this has changed since last year*
--Ruby

*We started over, Ruby :)*
--Lauren

*sorry I'm clogging this, but ru, I'm proud of you. (also I missed you email meeee)*
--lowercase (*jill*)

*Sorry this is clogging also, but hey, long time no see Jill! Good to have you back*
--Drfitwood (Ruby)

Liz and Gary followed Tacyn closely, squeezing through the trees right after her, as they had soon discovered that the same trick didn't exactly work for them. Soon Tacyn turned around and looked at them with a confused expression on her face. "I don't know where to go, you two. We are back at the same tree I made a mark in earlier, remember?" Tacyn tapped a thin, silvery tree besides her. A small smiley face had been scratched into the soft bark. Liz walked over and laid her hand on the mark, then started to circle around the tree again and again. "Liz?" Gary stepped towards her. "What do you think we should do about this?" Tacyn ran her fingers through her short hair, and took a deep breath. "I could try to fly up and see what is around us? What do you guys think?" Liz stopped pacing, and turned to face Tacyn. "That would be great. Please do that, okay? Find something we can go to before it is night." Gary nodded. "Yeah, um, what Liz said." Tacyn Turned her face to the sky, and her wings stirred. They rose up to her shoulders, and beat faster and faster, slamming Gary and Liz with great bursts of wind. Then Tacyn was off, rising slowly, then quickly, then hovering near the thick canopy of leaves. She pushed through the leaves with her hands, then rose above them. Gary and Liz waited on the ground, for what seemed like days.
--Pipevine Swallowtail

I'm not sure what the plot is but here goes... "What do you see?" called Gary. Tacyn spun around 360 degrees. All around her was the canopy. No sign of where they had come from. There was no ocean, and no birds flying around. "Trees, trees, and more trees," Tacyn replied. Liz groaned. "More details, please?" "I told, you, that's -" Tacyn froze as she squinted into the horizon. "Wait a second." Along the horizon, barely visible against the darkening sky, was a turquoise patch of air that refused to grow darker with the setting sun.
--Jules

Tacyn dove down into the depths of the forest excitedly. "There's something out there, I'm not sure what, but-" Tacyn was interrupted by a dull roar that erupted all around the trio. Gary and Liz looked around to find the source of the rumbling, while Tacyn took flight again. Once above the treetops, she gasped. All around her, spreading for miles around, were pairs of wings, in a colors of russet and gray. Attached to the wings were humanoid figures-all with auburn hair. Thousands of these creatures were flying toward the turquoise spot in the distance. And every one of them looked like Tacyn.
--WordSmith

Liz stared up at the sky, even though she couldn't see anything, she could sure hear something.The rushing sound grew louder, mixed with odd voices, and the occasional laugh. Tacyn came plummeting down to the ground, her wings stopping her just in time. She looked scared, and confused, her hair ruffled and her eyes huge. "What is that noise?" Gary hissed in her ear, glancing up at the leaves. "There are people up there. They look just like me." Tacyn whispered back, letting her wings fall to the ground. The roaring noise slowly grew quieter, then stopped. "I think they just passed over us." Liz shifted uncomfortably. "What do you think they were going towards?" Tacyn shrugged. "There was a blue dot in the sky, turquoise really, that wasn't changing. I think they were going there." "Do you think maybe we could find out what it is? Maybe try to go there?" Liz mused, looking up the trunk of a tree to try and see past the leaves. "That's the window to the sky dimension. Are you new?" Liz, Gary and Tacyn all spun around. There was a tall girl standing right next to a huge tree trunk. She was pretty, with long shiny chestnut brown hair in a braid to her waist. She had pale, clear skin, and huge brown eyes with long, curly lashes."Hey! Get down from here, they won't hurt you!" She yelled up the tree. "Idiot." There was a blur, and then a boy, standing right next to her. He was a little smaller, with short blond hair and blue eyes, paired with pale skin and oddly long arms. She smiled. "Anyways, I'm Cinnamon. This is my brother, Ivory. He's a little weird, but you get used to him." Cinnamon tilted her head, and looked and Tacyn with confusion in her big brown eyes. "Hey! You're one of the SkyFolk! What are you doing here, and not traveling with them?" Tacyn looked confused and overwhelmed. "Well, I don't know. You see, I was put in an asylum, and what went on in there...I don't even know what they did to me." Cinnamon walked over and placed a hand on Tacyn's shoulder. "Let me guess. Lamira? She's a problem around here. But anyway, you really shouldn't spend the night on the ground. Come with us, we have a place for you to stay." Gary took a step forwards. "Wait. Cinnamon, I don't mean to be rude, but, um, we don't know you. I don't think it would be the best idea to-" Liz cut him off. "Cinnamon, thank you very much. We are very tired, and have had a long past couple days. I would really appreciate it if you would give us a place to stay." Tacyn nodded. "Yes, that would be very nice." Cinnamon grinned. "Just follow me!" She walked over to the tree, and with no effort at all, scrambled up, Ivory right behind her. Liz went first, slowly, but with help from Cinnamon and Tacyn, she was able to make it up. Gary had a little more trouble, but he got up there in the end. The moment they were above the first layer of leaves, they were able to see the bridges stretching from tree to tree, leading off into the distance. "Come on!" Cinnamon said, and started to run. Tacyn shrugged, and started off after her.
--Pipevine Swallowtail

'Hi these is my first time writing, hope it good' Cinnamon took them to a city build into the trees. On the second layer of trees were homes, the bigger the home the higher in class you are. Cinnamon took the group to the biggest trees house ever. "Who comes?" asked a deep voice from the other side of the door. "Its Cinnamon!" replied Cinnamon. "Come in!" the deep voice said as a lady a litter older then Cinnamon herself opened the door. "Who are these people you bring?" said the huge, deep voiced, black haired, frowned faced, man sitting on the very large log throne. "We where captured by Larima," Tacyn interrupted. The deep voiced man frowned. Gary and Liz didn't think his face could frown even more but it did. "How come you're here?" the deep voiced asked. "We killed her," grinned Gary. "YOU WHAT!!" the deep voiced man boomed. "We killed her," reiterated Gary. "Oh my word!" he rubbed his eyes and turned to the lady whom opened the door, " Sally, call an assembly of the wise ones, and take these people to a place to sleep and eat." "Yes sir," Sally said as she, blow on the big horn. Gary, Liz, and Tacyn followed Cinnamon and Ivory to an average sized tree house. There they eat great tasting bugs, a certain bug tasted like the best pizza ever, and another could taste like apple pie. After a yummy meal they slept on leaf woven, hammocks.
--Lavinia

When they woke,they were showerd with presents,invitations, food and much more. They were loved for killing Larmina.they had a wonderful day. They got tours of people's houses, tried different peoples cooked bugs, played with children, and talked about how they had the captives of the alyssum* that's probab,y spelled wrong, but you get what I mean.* they kept hearing " our problem" and "can they help?" but they didn't pay attention. They were playing with the kids, when cinnamon said, "it's time to come to my house. There is no time to travel some where else. And I need to talk to you." so they went back to her average sized house and sat on each of their hammocks. " we have a slight problem" she said, "and we think you can help"
--Mya

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)