//
KidPub's Never Ending Story
The Story So Far...
OMFG I HAVEN'T BEEN ON HERE IN SO LONG,,, literally dying
--BrIaNnA

*I joined almost three years ago 02-15-2012 omg I was ten*
--BrIaNnA

Seriously? After not logging on in a MONTH, you guys are the ones to get me back on? Idk, every single time. I just think of revisiting Kp invisible, and seeing how you all were doing. Then I come over and I'm like UGH WHAT THE BEEP ARE THEY DOING DO I NEED TO TAKE OVER xD You guys are amazingly weird. Weirdly amazing. Whatever.
--Starlit Nightmares (*Jill*)

*can someone quickly tell me what is going on in the store?*
--BrIaNnA

story
--BrIaNnA

*Jill was that a compliment...? It's lily by the way, I'm just rarely active so I thought I'd get rid of my name...um..yeah.*
--***

*Hey guys, Im sorry that EVERYBODY asks for this and it is clogging, but I was wondering if somebody could give me a maybe quick description of what has happened or is currently happening? Id love to contribute and I miss writing my paragraphs and participating*
--Ruby

*Lily yes that was hi wait why are you rarely active you shouldn't be rarely active so anyway what happened since I was gone?*
--Starlit Nightmares (*Jill*)

*Well I forgot exactly when you left, so some of this you might already know. Callum and Adeline got separated, after Callum tried to take Ady to the Spirit World, but she escaped. And now, because she's alone, Adeline is afraid and enlisted the help of Freak, Cystenian, Hazel, Fawn, Gary, and Liz. They're trekking through the Spirit World and looking for Callum. Freak supposedly knows the way, and is leading them. Adeline has no idea what she's going to do when she reaches Callum. Blah, blah, blah.*
--***

A distinct noise caught Adeline's attention. She drifted to the back of the group, hoping to discover the source of the sound. What she saw confused her. It was a beautiful girl hunched over behind a smooth black rock. Her hair was white as milk and it tumbled down her back in soft ringlets. She seemed innocent enough, but Adeline approached her with caution. The girl's gentle sobs made Adeline's heart squeeze with remorse. The girl looked up at Adeline. Her eyes were the colour of raw jade. "What's your name?" Adeline asked. The girl wiped away her tears with her sleeve. "Celeste," the girl whispered. Adeline tried to touch the girl's shoulder, but her hand fell went right through her. Adeline backed away, feeling threatened. The girl shook her head and pointed at something behind Adeline. But before Adeline could turn around, strong hands gripped her from behind.
--BrIaNnA

*Great paragraph!*
--***

*thaaanks haha*
--BrIaNnA

*Hiya, apologies for disappearing like that :P.* Callum stormed through the castle. A violent wind whipped at his lean body and everything wround him. The curtains were torn from their rods with a loud ripping noise and tossed around by the howling gusts. Doors banged shut and knick knacks flew off their shelves, crashing into the nearest object and shattering. Callum grabbed hold of a chair, and lifted it over his head. He gave an inhumane shout, filled with rage and frustration, and smashed the dark wooded chair into the stone wall. It's front legs, decorated with carved grape vines curling upwards to the seat, splintered and broke. He hit the cherry wood chair against the wall again, this time the entire thing broke in half, wood punctured the fabric and sent fluffy white cotton to the wind. The angry spirit picked up a silver candle stick, it's long pole-like body tarnished with age. First, he had lost Adeline. A tinny noise rang out as he hit the wall with the candlestick. Then that stupid nightmare-eater messed it up with the group. Another loud clang, the vibrations travelled up the candlestick and rattled his very bones loose. If these last two goons he sent tanked it, the rage fit would not be as mild as this. An final swing bent the candlestick in half, he dropped it, and the gusting wind. Adeline, he thought fondly, he needed her back, now.
--Jacks-in-the-boxes(i&i)

*Your paragraph is great, but I don't think they had reached the castle yet. I'll just roll with it.* Hazel stared up at the big building Freak had just walked into. It was at the center of the ghost town, looking newer than all the rundown houses surrounding it. Almost as if it was just built, and untouched. The walls around the central stone building were tall, the rocks firmly stacked up and kept together with some sort of cement. The multiple sets of double doors were open wide, as if welcoming the make-shift group, but only Freak dared to walk in. Hazel, Fawn, Gary, and Liz stood, watching the door he had disappeared to, while Cystenian and Laia examined some other buildings. None of the group members realized Adeline has run off somewhere else.
--***

*Thanks ^-^, and I didn't think they were in the castle either tbh, it was just that nobody had written about Callum in a while.* Someone was here. Callum froze. more than one someone, multiple people were entering the castle, was Adeline with them? No, he could not feel her presence among these strangers. He cracked his knuckles, each one giving a satisfactory pop has he curled and pushed them. How dare these, these mortals invade the place he called home. They must pay for what they have done. They must die. Callum frowned, this would be too easy, they were already weak. Loosly held together, their confidence in one another was hanging by a thread. The dreams-of-passage had worked their usual charm and these people had never been particularly close-knit. He brushed them off like dust off an old plate, let fear and hatred rip this group apart and let the lost spirits pick at what's left over, he had much more important business to take care of. As insurance however, he placed a heavy force field around the entire palace and it's courtyard, now only spirits could pass through, which would leave this pathetic group of children trapped inside with hundreds of starving souls lingering in every corner.
--Jacks-in-the-boxes(i&i)

I could make out ripped curtains, and millions of other broken objects. "I looks like somebody ran in here and tore the place up," Laia scoffed. The group trudged on. "Careful," he warned. "Where's Ady?" I ask. "Oh no, she ran off," moaned Gary.
--Dragonflower

Meanwhile Ady was running through the forest enjoying the run
--Christian

*Christian, just no, Ady is not "running through the forest enjoying the run", Just...no.
--Dragonflower (Nisha)

*hahah*
--***

*I agree with Nisha, Grammar is KEY. But thanks for trying :D, Oh, and I think Ady was kidnapped O-O* Adeline twisted and arched, trying, to no avail, to get free. The hulking mass that had picked her up was carrying her over his shoulder like a neanderthal and humming some off-key christmas tune. The ride was bumpy, and the protruding spike from what Adeline assumed was a shoulder pad kept digging into her gut. Where were the others? She wondered, "Had they been kidnapped too?
--Jacks-in-the-boxes(i&i)

Adeline was tired. So tired that spots clouded her vision, making it difficult to see. Suddenly, she was thrown onto the hard, cold ground, knocking the wind out of her. She struggled to breath, and held her trembling hands to her heaving chest. Then suddenly, she saw it. The creature that had been carrying her was a troll like thing. He was massive with thick biceps and dirty fingernails. His skin was tinted a murky green, and he had one milky eye. His long hair hung around his strong jaw, dirty and matted. He raised his giant arms, and Adeline flinched. "Settle down," a female voice said. Adeline was too sore to turn to see who the voice was coming from. The troll man sauntered off with loud booming footsteps. Adeline felt a warm hand on her shoulder. A beautiful woman with long, raven coloured hair flowing down her back, and huge, amber eyes approached her. She held out a hand to Adeline, and pulled her to her feet.
--BrIaNnA

"My name is Melody," the woman said, "Melody of the Western Dream Hills. And this is my sister, Harmony." Adeline turned to see a younger version of Melody, only with darker eyes, standing with her arms crossed beside the troll. "I go by Mimi," Harmony said fiercely, flicking hair out of her eyes. Adeline regarded Mimi calmly, she couldn't have been more than Adeline's own age. Melody sighed, a lovely musical sound, and said, "I apologize for the crude means of getting you here but we had to warn you. The people of the Western Hills are Seers, Adeline, do you know what that means?" "You can see he future?" Adeline asked, voice raw. "Yes, child," Melody said, smiling. "C'mon," Mimi said, looking increasingly anxious, "we haven't waited 6 months just to tell her about us, Mel. Give her the message." "6 months?! For me?" Adeline asked. Mimi cut her off with a sharp look. Melody took a deep breath and let her eyes mist over, her gaze no longer on Adeline. "We must advise you against meeting Callum," Melody said, voice deeper, "you cannot let him see you. Not ever again."
--Dahlia

Hello!!! Does this make any sense? I'm new and apparently I can't read the whole story... Could someone quickly tell me what's going on? From the beginning? Thanks :) (I hope it makes sense)
--Dahlia

*Wow...amazing paragraph! Thanks for joining in! Basically, there's a group of kids who hop door to door of Gateway Mansion. And in every door is a new adventure. Right now, Gary, Liz, Hazel, Echo, Willow, and Fawn (hope I'm not missing anyone) entered a door where they met Adeline, a confused girl with a dark secret, Freak, a shapeshifting, spirit contacting madman, and Cystenian, a critical and intelligent young man. Adeline's secret is the entity that was once attached to her. Callum is who's attached to her and has been controlling her life, killing people she's cared about. Through this she's grown cold and lonely, avoiding people she loves to save them from Callum. Now, when Callum took Adeline to his realm, she was able to escape from him. After this, she realized that she needed Callum to protect her from other spirits who attack her. She never knew that Callum was only looking out for her. So, she recruited Hazel, Fawn, Gary, Liz, Freak, and Cystenian to help her fight through the Dream World and get to Callum. It's confusing, tell me if you have any questions.*
--***

"That's impossible," Adeline stated, crossing her arms. "Him and I are connected. Fate brought him to me as my guardian." Melody shook her head and touched Adeline's arm gently, which was still quivering from shock. "This is going to be difficult for you to understand, Adeline," Melody said softly, pulling her hand away finally. Adeline bit her lip. "Callum is, what we call, a dark entity." Melody started. "He wasn't connected to you when you were born-he was attracted to you. You are a weak link in the human world. Your soul is stuck in a cross between the living world and the afterlife." Adeline felt her heart drop to her feet. It felt like the world was spinning. "His intentions are evil," Melody continued. "He wants to switch places with you. His desire is to occupy a living body and experience life, and he doesn't care if it leaves you stuck in the after life. That is why he has kept you from people you love. If you become to close with others in the living, it will draw your soul closer to them and farther from him." Adeline shook her head frantically, and tried to keep the tears from flowing down her cheeks. "This can't be real," she cried. "I'm so sorry," Melody whispered, her voice faltering.
--BrIaNnA

"I...I can't---no...this is impossible! Your lying...Callum protects me from the spirits...he wouldn't do that!" Adeline blurted out. "Then why does he kill your loved ones?" Challenged Mimi. Adeline wiped her tears pouring down her face. "You are lucky to have gotten away before, child," Melody whispered soothingly. "You must stay away from him, it's your only chance," Melody added, sympathetically. "Then why did Freak say I need him?" Questioned Adeline, more to herself then Melody and Mimi. "My friends are there," Adeline whimpered. "What will happen to them?" She looked up at Melody hopefully. Melody sighed. "Callum will have bad things in store for them then. Hopefully they will escape, but you never know with Callum," Melody wiped some tears from Adeline's face. "I have to go rescue them," whispered Adeline. Melody shook her head worriedly. "You can't, Callum will find you. This isn't safe, Adeline. Stay here, as long as your friends have each other and trust Callum won't swap places with him. Their souls are content, I'm sure." Melody sighed, her soft musical tone carrying in the breeze. *Sorry if ain't good. Trying my best!*
--Nightingale (Nisha)

I'm pretty much confused on all the characters, what happening in the story, where the characters even are... I could use a little bit of explanation because even reading this doesn't really help me all that much.
--Rainwhisker(Renee)

*So I like to come on every once in a while just to see how this is going and see how well you guys are taking care of my characters and I have to say I'm impressed. Everything seems organized and there isn't an excess of characters. You're also portraying Hazel and Fawn pretty well. Except Liz kind of stole Hazel's boyfriend at one point so they're not going to be super buddy buddy, as they have never really been friends anyway but it's your story so yeah ^_^. But seriously guys. Tori approves :3 *
--Gambit (Tori)

"Adeline is gone." Cystenian spit, his arms crossed over his chest. Not that it needed saying. Hazel rolled her eyes at him, "Then let's /find her/ genius." She said flatly, and walked back they way they had come, with Fawn trailing swiftly behind. "Wait don't-" Freak jumped up from his sitting position, but it was too late, Hazel was grasping her arm, looking like something had just bitten her. She jerked away from the open gate and gawked at it. Her arm now perfectly still at her side, it had gone numb from the jolt of electricity that had appeared seemingly out of mid air. Fawn rimpled his forehead and reached out to touch the space between the gate and the outside, transfixed. Only to have Freak slap it away. "What are you? Stupid?" he ushered the two away from the door like a butler. Pointing a bony finger to the opening he said; "Electrocution ending in certain death," then jabbed another finger the opposite direction, towards the inside of the castle, "Painful torture leading to even more painful death by spirits. Pick one." "What? That's ridiculous!" Liz said, hands on hips. "Well without Adeline, the rest if you are doomed, so," Freak gestured once more in both directions, then disappeared into thin air. *Ehh, sorry, crappy :P*
--Jacks-in-the-boxes(i&i)

*Renee: Adeline, a young girl with an entity attached to her, was brought to the spirit world by her entity(Callum) then seperated from him. She, Hazel and Fawn(Sister and brother who can turn into wolves), Liz and Gary(you know who they are) Willow( She has water powers I think, and a pendant that can transport her.) and Freak( A madman{In a box!} who is guiding them to the spirit palace.) travel to the Spirit Palace, where Callum is. Adeline gets captured by Melody and Harmony, who then tell her that Callum means to take over her body, which is why he kills anyone she gets close to. Meanwhile, the rest of the group enter the Spirit Palace, not yet aware she's not with them, and subsequently get trapped by a forcefield Callum cast in a fit of rage. That's pretty much it(unless i'm forgetting something) Hope this helps! :)*
--RDJ!!(i&i)

whaaaaat .____. ok sorry it's not anyone's fault every time i ask for a description on here i forget about this and leave xD damn tho this brings me back to the old days even though everything is different
--Weapon Mistress {Sravani}

*OK. I'm just gonna go off the description that i&i gave me so:* Everyone looked at the air that had just a moment a go been Freak. "I vote electrocution," Liz said after a while, raising her hand. "OK then," Hazel said. Almost in unison the group spun around to the door. "Wait," Willow said. "Theres another way," Liz raised an eyebrow, angered that someone would question her. "You mean the other door that leads to torture and painful death? I don't think so!" Liz marched up to the electrocuting door and opened it. A tripwires were placed expertly on the floor of a white-tiled room, visible only to the sharp eyes of Fawn and Hazel. "Watch out," Fawn said quietly. "A wrong step and your a smear," Willow, who had been having a staring contest with Liz, sighed loudly and swung a hand to her hip. "No. There is another way," She said again. "Look up!" Willow point at the high, dome-like ceiling.
--Moonbeam (Panda)

"No way." Gary muttered. "Yeah, how exactly will we get up there, smarty pants?" Hazel snorted a little at the end, in a patronizing way. Liz pursed her lips in thought, wondering if what Willow had pointed at could actually work. "You'd think they'd have that under some sort of protection also." Liz said, thoughtfully. "Well, it was just a suggestion." Willow seemed put-down by all of the group's comments. "So...my question still remains," this was Hazel once more, "how will we get up there?" *Sorry, it's bad.*
--***

"With this," Gary snatched off Willow's necklace and showed it to the group. "But the pendant can only transport one person *I apologize if I'm wrong about this* at a time," Hazel said, rolling her eyes. "But we're not all people, are we?" Gary said quietly. He turned to Hazel and Fawn. "You two can wolf up, and if we do this correctly,that can be an advantage," Hazel and Fawn looked at each other, uncertain. The group was silent for a moment. "So basically, you want Fawn or Hazel to wolf up, have someone teleport them up there with maybe Gary, Willow or me, leave that person there, become humans, teleport, and repeat? Isn't that a little like those puzzle video games?" Liz asked, her arms crossed skeptically. "Uh, guys?" Fawn said, clapping his hands together. "Don't Hazel and I get a say in this? I mean, it takes a lot of energy to become wolves, and then to become humans only to wolf up again?" Hazel nodded. "Besides, it's kind of annoying that suddenly we're the ones in charge of keeping your sorry butts safe," Gary started speaking, ignoring Hazel's comment for the time being. "It won't take that much energy if you two switch off theres only... How many of us?" (*I stopped here just because I feel like I went a little long*)
--The Raven's Call (Panda)

"6, *am I right about that?*" Willow said, "there's 6 of us." "Right," said Liz, in her let's-get-this-done voice, "I'll go first. Hazel, care to join me?" Scowling, Hazel stepped forward, pupils already widening into their wolf shine. Everyone looked away as she Turned, pretending not to hear the heart-wrenching scream. A large timber wolf nosed Liz's arm before turning to cough blood onto the polished marble floor. Liz kneeled beside Hazel, Willow's pendant in hand. Breathing a shuddering breath, Liz held out the pendant, and the wolf delicately placed her paw ontop of it. Liz's heart beat faster. And then the door crashed open. From the direction of death by torture came Callum, idiotic cape swishing, looking like the perfect villian from a terrible, cheesy movie. He smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. "And what do we have here?" He leered. Nobody moved a muscle. "You come all this way," he continued, "just to see me? But you know what?" The flames returned in his eyes, giving him all the looks of a madman, "YOU DIDN'T BRING ADELINE!" He roared, slamming the door behind him, so hard Willow swore she heard the marble crack. He looked down, breathing hard, like a toddler after a tantrum, "what do you have to say for yourselves?" He asked quietly. Liz and Hazel's eyes locked, and they dissapeared. *sorry if it doesn't make any sense!!!!*
--Dahlia

and then ninjas came and took them to pandaland and they lived happilt ever after THE END
--Luc

I am completely new to the NES, so could you guys please give me a detailed description of what is happening? I don't know the characters either, so if you could explain a bit about them I would really appreciate it. :D Thanks!
--Pandora's Locket

*(copy and pasted from above) Thanks for joining in! Basically, there's a group of kids who hop door to door of Gateway Mansion. And in every door is a new adventure. Right now, Gary, Liz, Hazel, Echo, Willow, and Fawn (hope I'm not missing anyone) entered a door where they met Adeline, a confused girl with a dark secret, Freak, a shapeshifting, spirit contacting madman, and Cystenian, a critical and intelligent young man. Adeline's secret is the entity that was once attached to her. Callum is who's attached to her and has been controlling her life, killing people she's cared about. Through this she's grown cold and lonely, avoiding people she loves to save them from Callum. Now, when Callum took Adeline to his realm, she was able to escape from him. After this, she realized that she needed Callum to protect her from other spirits who attack her. She never knew that Callum was only looking out for her. So, she recruited Hazel, Fawn, Gary, Liz, Freak, and Cystenian to help her fight through the Dream World and get to Callum. It's confusing, tell me if you have any questions.*
--***

*no one's writing...so...* Adeline shook her head, trying to dry the tears and stop more from coming. She was just about to sit to try and regain herself when she felt a terrible pain in her arm. Adeline looked down at her left forearm and saw deep scratch marks. Taken by shock, it took seconds for her to scream. Mimi looked scared and shocked as well, her usual insensitive attitude had completely changed. Melody seemed to quickly push back her own shock and take action. "Maalik!" she called, worriedly but determined to get help. She rushed to Adeline's side, right as she fell the ground. "What was that? I thought this place would be safe from spirits!" Adeline said. "I did too," Melody whispered. "You must have brought them here...this situation is worse than I anticipated." She shook her head in thought. Suddenly, the group felt the pounding feet of the cyclops that had captured Adeline originally. Melody left Adeline's side to talk to him and Mimi. Once again, Adeline was attacked swiftly by an invisible spirit. This time it was her cheek. She screeched out in pain, touching her face. Melody whipped around and commanded something to Maalik in a different language. Mimi turned and left, disappearing under some thick overgrowth of pink-leaved trees. Melody brought her hands to her face, biting her nails, and staying stationary. Maalik tromped towards Adeline, picking her up over his shoulder once again. Melody commanded one more thing to Maalik, which was not understandable to Adeline. The cyclops stomped off as she winced in pain, holding her arm tight to stop the bleeding. Her cheek wound wasn't as deep so she prioritized the lacerations on her arm. Melody continued to bite her nails, the thick trees making her lose sight of Adeline and Maalik quickly. "I hope this plan works." she said to herself. "Adeline should be ready for this, there's not a better time than now. She needs protection from these spirits, but not Callum as her protector." she murmured. "Now I have to go find her friends." She turned from where Maalik took Adeline through the trees, and back towards the cursed lands of the Dream World...where Callum was waiting.
--***

Login or join KidPub to post a paragraph

KidPub's Never Ending Story

In Gateway Mansion there are many, many doors. Some lead to great and at the same time terrifying adventures. While others simply lead to darkness and storage spaces. Nevertheless, two young siblings, Gary & Liz, inhabiting Gateway Mansion never know what is around the next corner. Because, in such a topsy, turvy place, your next move, your next breath, could be your last.

Now, with the help of young authors all around the world, the chronicles of their adventures are being revealed. You, too, can take part in piecing together their Never Ending Story.
(thanks to Kiowa~*, Kati, Lauren, Gabby and others for that great introduction!)