//
3/19/2012 Camille Mancuso Featured in Broadway World

Posted March 19th, 2012 by perryd

Here's a nice article on Camille and her book, Through the Eyes of Eak, courtesy of Broadway World:

*****

Twelve year oldCamille Mancusohas already performed in over 70 North American cities in her young career, appearing in first national tours ofMary Poppins,Little House on the Prairie,White ChristmasandChitty Chitty Bang Bang.  Lately though, she's been making a regular home of the New Amsterdam Theatre, where she's making her Broadway debut inMary Poppinsas Jane Banks.

But this triple-threat performer has a fourth threat up her sleeve.  Camille has also recently published her first book; an engaging fantasy adventure titledThrough The Eyes of Eak.

"The book started out as a writing assignment while I was on tour," she explains.  Her task was to write a creative story based on a randomly selected computer image.

"The picture I found was of a giant girl kneeling in the water cupping her hands, which is the beginning setting of the story."

Her 50-page story is a charming tale of a girl in California who has a strange and unexpected contact with a girl from a parallel mythical world.  Together, they attempt to unite their two worlds before being captured by an evil king.  It's an adventure story with strong female characters.

Camille's first plan was to enterEak in a Scholastic competition, but after discovering she was too young, she searched the Internet for another option and found KidPub, a company that encourages young authors.

Through The Eyes of Eakis already a best seller among herMary Poppinscast mates, so naturally Camille is thinking about a follow-up.

"I don't know when my next story will come, but I have an interesting idea for a creepy mystery story, so I'll just have to see how that goes!"

Click here to follow Michael Dale on Twitter.

Posted on:Sunday, March 18, 2012 @ 03:55 AMPosted by:Michael Dale|Leave Feedback

Read more:http://broadwayworld.com/showtime/viewblog.cfm?blogid=3457##ixzz1pZadJKKK

That's awesome!! I gotta buy

That's awesome!! I gotta buy the book!

If you want a pulse-pounding novel with CIA, FBI, car chases, gun fights and more, check out the (updated) prouloge of: The Accused http://www.kidpub.com/story/accused-prouloge-updated-please-read-and-com...

Posted by Joe on Mon, 03/19/2012 - 17:55
That's a great Idea! Publish

That's a great Idea! Publish a book, get your book towards the public, and just make it popular all the way! CONGRATULATIONS Camille! That book looks dazzling too, mate! Good on ya....and I hope you become a major author some day. :D

"Who lives In a Watermelon under the sea? SoapBob Bubble Pants!" ~ me in Australia

Posted by SuperJ on Fri, 03/30/2012 - 11:11
WOAH UR IN BROADWAY How

WOAH UR IN BROADWAY

How epic

Thats always been a dream of mine

. "Join the Random Club: http://www.kidpub.com/story/please-join-rc-1931113403 Maggie: Saying Epicletastic a day keepes maggie from stalking you I WAS THE ONE WHO HIT THE TITAN LORD IN THE EYE WITH A BLUE PLASTIC HAIRBRUSH!

Posted by Foxface (Maggie) on Tue, 04/03/2012 - 14:04
OMG! A GIRL IN BROADWAY

OMG! A GIRL IN BROADWAY PUBLISHED A BOOK?! WITH KIDPUB?! :O

AMAZING! I E-MAILED HER! :D

"Dad didn't send us back two minutes.... HE SENT US BACK TWO HUNDRED MILLION YEARS!" "What?" "I said.. HE SENT US BACK TWO HUNDRED MILLION YEARS!!" - Jimmy And Sheen, Jimmy Neutron

Posted by Sarah (Catty) on Thu, 04/26/2012 - 00:03
Is that Camille?! She's

Is that Camille?! She's soooo cute!!
"I joined the Death Eaters, and all I got was some lame wash-off tattoo."

Posted by Alexa Lynn on Mon, 05/28/2012 - 08:35
@Alexa: -_-   GOOD JOB

@Alexa: -_-

GOOD JOB CAMILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's freaking awesome!!!!

~Kat Solo Holly Presley Pevensie Addams

Judge not, and you will not be judged. Condemn not, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. -Luke 6:37

Posted by Kat on Fri, 06/15/2012 - 12:57