//
KidPub Turns 18

KidPub Turns 18

Posted February 12th, 2013 by perryd

Thanks to everyone for the birthday greetings! It's been an amazing eighteen years...KidPub has grown from a small Linux computer in my living room with a few web pages on it to this incredible worldwide community of amazing young writers; from just a few visitors a week to over 3,000 visitors a day! I get email now from parents who were members back in the '90s and have kids who have grown up with KidPub. How crazy is that?

For readers who don't know the story of KidPub, here is the short version.  Back in the mid 1990s I was working at a large computer company, Digital Equipment Corporation. One of my jobs was to do research on a brand new thing, something called the World Wide Web. I decided that the best way to figure out how it worked was to create my own web site. I had a friend whose daughter loved to write, and I made a little page to post her stories. Back then there were only 10,000 or so web sites in existence...now there are more than 200 million. I started receiving email from other kids who liked to write, asking if I would post -their- story, too. Pretty soon there were dozens, then hundreds, then THOUSANDS of stories posted from kids all over the world.

And it's just kept growing. 

Like Dr. Who, there have been several versions of KidPub. The original pages looked pretty comical...I hand-drew the logo, and I didn't really know how to format a web page, so everything had a grey background. Stories were sent in by email, and I tried to format them as best I could before posting them. Around 2000 or so the entire site was rebuilt, and then again around 2008. There was a 'notebook' theme that we used for a couple of years, and finally what you see now was created. 

Here's the original logo:

KidMUD, by the way, appeared for the first time in 1996. The first version was destroyed by an evil player, and it was rebuilt several times. The current version was created in 2005.

For many years, KidPub was just a hobby. In 2008 I decided to devote my efforts full-time to it and the new KidPub Press book publishing company. Now we have a small staff, and the little computer in my living room has been replaced by a rack of servers in a datacenter in Los Angeles. We've become the largest publisher of books by kids with over 300 titles in print, and KidPub was featured last April in a front-page New York Times story on kids and publishing. By the end of this year we're projecting growth to 5,000 visitors each day at kidpub.com and 450 book titles in print. 

It's been an incredible ride for the past 18 years and I can't wait to write the post for our 20th anniversary. And our 25th. And our 40th. 

Through all those years, the one thing that has been constant is you, our members and visitors. I simply love reading all your stories, comments, arguments, posts, and everything else. I am incredibly proud of our members. Frankly, you just amaze me with your writing and the way you create KidPub in your own image. My philosophy is that kids are good people, and what I do is give you the tools to express yourself and then just step back to see what happens. It's a big, ever-changing family and every morning I wake up excited to see what you've come up with. 

Thank you so much for making KidPub something special. All of you.

Perry

*wow* Wow. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*wow* Wow. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't say anything but that. And thank you...this is so amazing.

"My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations." -Augustus Waters (The Fault In Our Stars)

Posted by Ally Kat on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 16:39
^_^ This is awesome, Perry!

^_^ This is awesome, Perry! I'm proud to be a member of Kidpub! :P

On that happy note... when are the January contest results going to be posted? XD

THANK YOU PERRY! :D

~Moonbeam~ The Transfer: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/transfer-prologue-998133838

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 16:56
Happy Birthday KidPub!!! :D

Happy Birthday KidPub!!! :D :D :D :D 
Thanks you so much for this, Perry!

~Want to find out more about me? Here's my bio: http://www.kidpub.com/users/jomarch ~

Posted by Rour (Ellie) on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 16:59
kidpub has not only made me

kidpub has not only made me into a story writer its made me a poet and a song writer!!!

i love KIDPUB!!!! :D 

thanks Perry 

Looking for a contest!? JOIN MY SUCH FUN CONTEST!! --------- http://www.kidpub.com/story/such-fun-contest-please-enter-2293134417 ~TheBookBum :D

Posted by TheBookBum on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 17:10
Happy b-day, KidPub! Thanks

Happy b-day, KidPub! Thanks for creating it, Perry!

_______
Keep calm and carry a lightsaber.

Posted by Magyk (TDC & Turtle) on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 17:07
WAS THAT A DOCTOR WHO

WAS THAT A DOCTOR WHO REFERENCE PERRY
Perry, thank you so much for everything. You are awesome.

sassy is forever, wincest is unsinkable, and destiel is canon.

Posted by Lily09 on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 17:09
Oh my god Perry you made a

Oh my god Perry you made a Doctor Who reference you're more amazing than I thought :'D

KidPub has changed my life and made it so much better, and it's made me so much better. Both in writing and as a person. So thank you so so so much for KidPub, Perry! :D I'm really glad to hear you'll be keeping KP running for a long time.

(I think I need to start a war or something and manage to destroy KP before I leave, bwahahaha… :3)

Posted by Quasar Apparatu... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 17:12
I have only been on Kid Pub

I have only been on Kid Pub sence December, but already I feel like I am apart of  one big amazing family.

Thank you for creating Kid Pub I am proud to be apart of it.

~*~Sapphire~*~ Never laugh at live Dragons. J.R.R. Tolkien

Posted by {Silver Ink}Sap... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 17:20
/cackles/ I'm just glad I

/cackles/ I'm just glad I found KidPub because my writings' improved so much since I found it. Not to metion the amazing people and creations. Plus, it's like a second family/home. I alway feel welcome.

/Perry, I saw that Doctor Who/

;D

/failcomment

Art is the weapon. Imagination the ammunition. Stay strong, and stay dirty. Create and destroy as you see fit.

Posted by otaku on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 17:24
He probably knows all our

He probably knows all our fandoms xD

Posted by Lily09 on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:53
XD He probably does.   Art

XD He probably does.

Posted by ThePlanetaryIns... on Thu, 02/14/2013 - 11:21
Ahh. :3 This is so cool. Did

Ahh. :3 This is so cool. Did you ever imagine at the start that this would last 18 years? I'm so glad I found this website. :D This is one-of-a-kind, and it one of the few websites where you can have a real community to connect to.

(Oh, and I love the DW reference. XD)

Thanks so much for giving us "the tools to express yourself" and stepping back "to see what happens". Our KP family may have a few fights here and there, but overall, we're a big community and our writing - and ourselves - have prospered from it. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KP! AND MANY MOOOOOOORE!

..oh my Gavroche I sound way too formal in this comment...

_______________

Think you're poor? Think you're free? Follow me! FOLLOW ME!

Posted by LizzieS on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 17:35
Love the Les Miz reference

Love the Les Miz reference :)

-AA

Posted by Aynonomus Angel on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 21:34
Wow, Perry made a Doctor Who

Wow, Perry made a Doctor Who reference. XD I thought he couldn't get anymore awesome.

Happy Birthday KP!!!

Thanks so much for creating KP! Without it, I don't think my writing would be as good as it is today. And also, I don't think I'd have met awesome people. XP

A boy with a troubled life becomes the Grim Reaper. Will he survive?

Posted by Boredom (Owen) on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 17:55
KidPub is the most amazing

KidPub is the most amazing website ever, and I am incredibly proud to be a member. Thank you so much for creating this awesome place ^O^ HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB!!!!

~~Hey you; get off of my cloud~~

Posted by Handwritten Fla... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 17:59
Aww, it's so touching!

Aww, it's so touching! *wipes tear* You've grown up so fast, KidPub! *buries face in hands and starts sobbing*

Anyways, thank you SO much, Perry, for creating this awesome website. It is amazing to hear how much this site has evolved over the years. I love KidPub and all its members, and I hope it has many more birthdays to come!!!!

HAPPY 18th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Kaley :) :D :P

"...I stop and look at the cabin, remembering the tragic and life-changing past of this very place....This is where everything began." -From my book, The Camping Game

Posted by Kaley on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:00
Happy 18th birthday,

Happy 18th birthday, KidPub!!! Perry, this website is amazing. It has greatly improved my writing skills and I spend so much time on here daily. I love KidPub!!! heart

Anybody need homework help or tutoring? Check out my WB thread! http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3180

Please enter my character contest! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/my-seemingly-perfect-life-cha...

Posted by Ghoulia Yelps (... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:04
HAPPY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

KIDPUB!!!!!          

I can't wait until KPs 21 birthday. XD XD XD

"Mutants are freaks, which makes you and I the freaks of the freaks." -Read Black now: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/black-prologueedited-and-even...

Posted by toriluv91750 on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:17
M-Making... it special?

M-Making... it special? Perry, that's so awesome. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB! 18 is a big number, right? Right. Three thousand visitors a day? Whoa... That's a lot.. I had no idea it was anywhere near that amount.... Thank you, Perry, for making this awesome website for us all. :D I don't think anyone can really thank you enough because... because.... KidPub is just awesome.

~evasong

"When one fact supports another but neither really are." -Poirot, The Mystery of the Blue Train, Agatha Christie

Posted by The Rambler (ev... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:23
I'm so proud to one of the

I'm so proud to one of the small number of people around the world who gets to celebrate this ^>^ Congratulations, Perry and the KP Team, for a great KP 18 year-a-versary :D

~A daughter is stolen by the Monastery, sent to live in a place where she will never again see the daylight. But she's different...and determined to find out how to overthrow the Deedwriter and bring back her enslaved parents...Have You Heard?

Posted by EpicWriter on Mon, 05/27/2013 - 19:41
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  *hands virtual taco*  *gives cake*

~~

The past is the past, and you can't change it. You can change the future, though. So why do teachers always yak at us on how bad we did on tests? They should be preparing us for the future. -Me :)

Posted by President Snow ... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:37
YES.  8D    

YES.  8D

Posted by Esther (Algebra... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:53
*nods* YESH HAPPEH BIRTHDAY

*nods* YESH HAPPEH BIRTHDAY KP!!!! I've been on this site for almost 2 years and I love it! It's so addicting, I'm on here everyday when I can. XD

Then we need to unite
It's just a Game
A Gifted Game

Posted by #1BeatlesFan (Tess) on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:55
Thank you too, Perry. It's

Thank you too, Perry.

It's all I say. And all I can say, all I have to say.

*Jill*

~*Hand-Drawn Book covers!*~ At least CLICK! http://www.kidpub.com/story/book-cover-business-okay-peoples-all-new-try... Hand drawn and awesome!

Posted by ~*LightDreamer*... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 19:15
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB!

*grabs tissue box and sniffles*

That was so beautiful, Perry. ;w; KP has most definitely gone far since you started it. 

Book I | Chapter One * Bringing Humanity Back *NEW* Chapter One is finally out!

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 19:15
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB! 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB!  Thank's Perry, you're the coolest! 

*~Purple Indigo~*

Posted by Purple Indigo (CAC) on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 19:17
I am so proud to be a member

I am so proud to be a member of KidPub! Perry, you're awesome and you've always been there for us! Congradulations Perry and Happy Birthday KidPub!

Another happy day at Camp Half-Blood! And then. . . "Go alert! It's the wine dude!" dun dun dun. . .

Posted by Isabel on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 19:23
Happy Birthday, KidPub! I

Happy Birthday, KidPub! I hope that KP sticks around long enough for my kids to become members! (That would be super cool and really sweet!)

"Just look at this cake! It has a chicken in it!!! And my hair! *points to messy hair* *whispers* I think it might also have a chicken in it..." ~Candace from Phineas and Ferb

Posted by Dot Warner (Cos... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 19:44
Oh, KidPub. You have been

Oh, KidPub. You have been part of my life for only about a year, but...it's still touching to see you grow and how you've changed. Thanks for posting this, Perry! AND you mentioned Doctor Who, which is my favorite TV show!!!!!! True, true, it has changed a lot since the 1950's and such.

"I am smart. And I am fun. And I am almost always in a good mood, dammit!"~ Juliet O'Hera

Posted by pickle on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 19:58
KidPub has changed my life.

KidPub has changed my life. It has given me an outlet, it has given me so many new friends, It's also helped improve my writing, and now I'm above average in my writing skills. Thank you Perry, for making this a reality! I don't know where I'd be without it. :) *huggles*

~Bow ties are cool~The Doctor

Posted by Scorpion(Rockshadow) on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 19:58
Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday KidPub!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   =)

A link in space, a hole in time. It may be when worlds collide. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right. No matter what we stand together, I know you're my friend forever. ~Me

Posted by FrostBittenKitten on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 20:22
Yay! Go Kid Pub!!!!! O.O

Yay! Go Kid Pub!!!!!

O.O wait, KP is legally an adult now! :) 

Happy Birthday to you,

Happy Birthday to you.... 

*Gives amazing speech* (just take my word for it, it was pretty amazing. What, Um, No, I'm not going to post it...)

if life gives you lemons, go buy some oranges instead.

Posted by FluentlyConfused on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 20:24
I dont know WHAT I would do

I dont know WHAT I would do without KP ... Thank you for making my life better Perry. I HOPE YOU KEEP WRITING!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Garrett on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 20:41
Thank you so much, Perry!

Thank you so much, Perry!

Posted by Mary Elizabeth on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 21:18
Great speech Perry! Wow, now

Great speech Perry! Wow, now I know the whole story! I AM A PROUD MEMBER OF KIDPUB!!! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KIDPUB! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE ANNIVERSARIES TO COME!! :D KP FOREVER!!

-----------

"Books. Libraries. Pictures. Words. Sentences. The elements of a story. Simply wonderful!" ~Me

"Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes."~Jim Carrey

Posted by *~Athena~* on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 21:19
KP is THE place to be.

KP is THE place to be. Without KP, where would a lot of us be? It's like a safe haven where you can have fun and enjoy writing with others that enjoy it too. Thanks Perry. :)

Posted by DarkHecklefang ... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 21:36
This website has meaned so

This website has meaned so much to me over the past few months! I read the second last sentence and believe that it is totally true. You formed this wonderful idea of Kidpub in your mind and offered us all of the tools we could need to enhance our writing skills. Thank you so much, Perry- and everyone else a part of the Kidpub community. Happy birthday Kidpub!

Posted by Nikki on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 21:38
KidPub's officially an adult

KidPub's officially an adult now!

Fear cuts deeper than swords~Syrio Forel / Arya Stark.

Posted by Dracarys (Lauren) on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 22:16
  Oh goodness, this is so

Oh goodness, this is so touching. :'^D Thank you for all your hard work, Perry! KidPub has certainly made a huge impact in my life. There is simply no way to express my gratitude. 

And of course we're all excited about that Doctor Who reference... ;^D

Happy 18th Birthday, KidPub!

"They say you're the city's fearless bloodhound... but all I see is a lonely stray." ~The Transparent Timepiece

Posted by Lou Frost {Leloo} on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 22:28
Wow. Love the old logo.

Wow. Love the old logo. ^_^

That's amazing. I'm so proud that I've joined this, and now I'm part of history. Happy Birthday Kidpub! And thank you for the post Perry.

Oh, and who could forget the Doctor Who reference? :'D

"Funerals are for the living."- TheAshWolf

Posted by soph-soph27 on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 22:38
So often, every single one

So often, every single one of you brilliant students has made me proud. Never a day goes by for which I do not find something to be amazed by in you.

However, today, you have disappointed me.

For, you see, my dear pupils, this is not the year that this wonderous realm known as KidPub becomes legally exits the world of minority and youth, into the world of taxes and the Ministry. It was, indeed, the year 2012. For, my dears, we are not like muggles, I must remind you; wizards come of age at the ripe year of seventeen.

—Sincerely, Headmaster Dumbledore                           

Posted by Dumbledore on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 22:38
Very true. Thanks

Very true. Thanks Headmaster.

You do not know how badly I wanted to put quotation marks around the word Headmaster.

Posted by soph-soph27 on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 22:40
I honestly wish you were

I honestly wish you were standing in front of me right now, 'cause I'd totally just glomp you with a hug, you clever crumpet.

X^D

Posted by Lou Frost {Leloo} on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 14:15
That was awesome!!!!!!! :P

That was awesome!!!!!!! :P Go Dumbledore!

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 15:51
LST, you are amazing.

LST, you are amazing. XD

_______________

Posted by 'Ponine on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 17:10
Nice. ^_^  Thanks for

Nice. ^_^  Thanks for reminding us....Dumbledore. xD

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Ratatoskr (Che... on Thu, 02/14/2013 - 11:02
My gosh, you've gotten

My gosh, you've gotten emails from former members that are all grown up, now?! O.O That's wonderful!

....Did you just make a Doctor Who reference? O__O XD OH MY WORD, PERRY, THAT WAS BRILLIANT!!! I like the original logo. ^_^

Perry, you're amazing. You've spent so much time and energy on this site, and for that, we are truly grateful. This site is what it is because of all your hard work and your open mind.

I honestly don't know how to thank you, Perry. If you hadn't have made this site all those years ago, or if I'd never have found it...I don't know where I'd be. O_O I simply cannot thank you enough for all the things you've done for us. :'D You're the best!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planet Ectroi is waiting for you…

Posted by TheAshWolf on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 22:45
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB!!!!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB!!!!!! WOOOH! *throws confetti*

It's amazing how far Kidpub has come! And you get e-mails from parents that used to be members? That's awesome!!!

Thankyou, so much Perry, for creating this website and helping thosands of authors to grow. My writing has improved HUGELY and I've met some great people I would never have met if it wasn't for you :3 And the fact that you went from a computer in your living room to a datacentre in LA is truely a massive feat. So bravo Perry, for creating this amazing website that has changed lives

:3

(And of course, who couldn't resist a Dr Who reference? ;)

RANDOM DW SPAM

All it takes is a spark...

Posted by Tygerblossum on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 00:24
Haha. DALEKS BOOM "I am

Haha.

DALEKS BOOM

Posted by RiverWriterXD on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 16:01
XD All it takes is a
Posted by Tygerblossum on Thu, 02/14/2013 - 00:04
Thankyou so much Perry! Ever

Thankyou so much Perry! Ever since I found out about this website in a newspaper cutting four months ago, I knew this website was the place for me. Kidpub is the ultimate pathway for kids who enjoy writing, and I'm so glad I've found it. I agree that everybody on this site has their own beautiful, creative writing technique and I enjoy myself so much reading, commenting, posting my own stuff. I salute you Perry, and everybody else on Kidpub. MAY IT SHINE FOR THE YEARS TO COME! HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY!!!!

Posted by Author2B on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 01:24
THANK

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doctor Who mention = Epic!

Please read my Skyrim Fanfiction! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/dovahkin-chapter-1-skyrim-fan... Book Covers!!! http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3051

Posted by Fabia on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 03:43
You mentioned Doctor Who.

You mentioned Doctor Who. :'D *tackle glomps*

Thank you, Perry, for making this website. I've made so many awesome friends...

Posted by DragonRider on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 08:25
When I finished reading

When I finished reading this: Awwwwww ;~;

Thank you Perry for creating Kidpub!  And happy birthday KP ^o^

Read Ena/TDC and Ian/Turtle's book, The Dark Calligrapher: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/dark-calligrapher-prologue-19...

Posted by ~~Calla~~ on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 10:54
I left but I came back...

I left but I came back... :)

Happy Birthday KP!!!

We are the same age now!!! Only for a few weeks though...how epic!!

"Love is the movement." (I have a bracelet that says this one) "Hope is the mission." TWLOHA supporter! [url=http://www.twloha.com/]TWLOHA![/url] "Rescue is possible."

Posted by Christebba on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 18:02
I know I'm late but....happy

I know I'm late but....happy birthday KidPub! :D

This place is amazing! I can't believe how much I have grown as a writer with KidPub. I'm really grateful for this amazing website. :)

*That sounded super cheesy. xD But true!

*~Dreamwalker~*The First in the Trilogy

http://i50.tinypic.com/2502pmt.png

Posted by Rachel on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 18:47
Thanks so much! KidPub

Thanks so much! KidPub actually made me believe that i could do what i had always wanted to do, publish a real book. Thanks!

Others can decide what you are, but only you can decide who you are. ~TimberWolf -_-

Posted by TimberWolf on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 20:38
Happy Birthday, Kidpub! I

Happy Birthday, Kidpub!

I have always admired this website, even before I became a member. Now, being a part of this amazing social site, I feel like I have a real family. Kidpub has let me express myself in ways that I never knew I could before. Thanks for being there, Kidpub. 

- Generation2. when you see this, post it on your sig as a sign of epykness with the next number. Social experiment.- Please read my SciFi story: The Whisperers! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/whisperers-prologue-225312731...

Posted by Halle on Wed, 02/13/2013 - 21:47
Dumbledore has come out, so

Dumbledore has come out, so I suppose I must too. Thank you, Mister.... Perry, for mentioning my during this moment. This is a fixed point, I am meant to talk here so thank you, for making this so much easier. Happy Birthday, KidPub. And one more thing:

Bowties and fezes and glasses and bunk beds are cool.

~The Doctor.

Posted by The Doctor. on Thu, 02/14/2013 - 02:45
That was an awesome speech.

That was an awesome speech. :'D And for some reason that  "The first version was destroyed by an evil player" part made me laugh. XD Hah, who wouldn't love the original logo? xD Goodness....

It's really amazing to think of how far Kidpub has gone. :3 :D *throws confetti in the air*

Yay, Happy Birthday Kidpub!!! :D

Ok two days late but whatever ^_^

~~~Let it go....*~Burst~*~~~

Posted by Ratatoskr (Che... on Thu, 02/14/2013 - 11:00
KidPub is 18. People have to

KidPub is 18.

People have to leave KidPub when they're 18.

KidPub must now leave KidPub.

KIDPUBCEPTION

~~There's no Canada like French Canada, it's the best Canada in the land~~

Posted by Sandy on Fri, 02/15/2013 - 08:17
SANDY Y WHY Y YOU'RE

SANDY

Y

WHY

Y

YOU'RE FRAPPING AMAZING.

Fold your wings and fly like paper...

Posted by Maxi on Fri, 02/15/2013 - 16:23
*mindblown* All it takes is
Posted by Tygerblossum on Fri, 02/15/2013 - 17:48
*_* *le mindblown too* BUT

*_*

*le mindblown too*

BUT some people don't HAVE to leave KidPub if they don't want to. I mean, it's KIDpub, but some 18-year-olds act like kids..derp idk. Ignore me, ignore me. *disappears into the darkness*  xP

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sat, 02/16/2013 - 08:33
KIDPUB IS NOW

KIDPUB IS NOW ADULTPUB

Posted by Sandy on Sat, 02/16/2013 - 16:27
'cause KP is just awesome

'cause KP is just awesome that way... <8^D

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 09:34
XD   BEST GIF EVER!!! LOL

XD   BEST GIF EVER!!! LOL XD. It's funny 'cause I just re-watched that episode with my brother and came on here and saw this!!! LOL I couldn't syop laughing!

Posted by Manamana (Tori&... on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 12:57
Same. When I saw this gif, I

Same. When I saw this gif, I couldn't stop cracking up! I thought it was completely perfect to post. XD

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 13:06
oh my god  

oh my god

Posted by Binary Halcyon (LST) on Sat, 02/16/2013 - 17:12
XD I love that gif. All it

XD I love that gif.

All it takes is a spark...

Posted by Tygerblossum on Sat, 02/16/2013 - 17:25
Still processing all this...

Still processing all this... XD

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 09:32
I think you may have just

I think you may have just caused the apocalypse, Sandy. An awesome way to blow our brains out, though.

Posted by Mary Elizabeth on Sat, 02/16/2013 - 17:24
wowowowowowowWOW!!! Happy

wowowowowowowWOW!!! Happy birthday,Kidpub!!

Take away the use and you have art. - Dad from Frannie in Pieces

Posted by Jenan on Fri, 02/15/2013 - 21:27
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB! 

Perry, I saw that Doctor Who refrence you made there . . . *wink wink*

XD!

"Anderson, don't talk out loud, you lower the IQ of the entire street." -- Sherlock BBC

Posted by Mrs. Rayne Holm... on Fri, 02/15/2013 - 22:02
I think it's so funny how,

I think it's so funny how, even though I feel like I've been on KiDpub for ages, you hear of people who were once members and are now grown up with KIDS on KidPub! :D Really show's epic this website is!

LONG LIVE LE KIDPUB! 

She's raising hell... http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/pandora-legacy-prologue-78212...

Posted by DarkAlias (Jack D) on Sat, 02/16/2013 - 10:17
Hah, I just realised that

Hah, I just realised that the 'i', the 'u' and 'p' in the original KidPub logi hav the colours dfferent than in the current one.. Did anyone else notice that?

Posted by DarkAlias (Jack D) on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 12:01
I noticed.

I noticed. ^_^

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planet Ectroi is waiting for you…

Posted by TheAshWolf on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 19:56
OMPJ... OMPJ... OMPJ... *le

OMPJ... OMPJ... OMPJ...

*le is about to cry. seriously.*

Wow, Perry... this has come a long way.

Ignore the mushiness, but KP has done a lot for me over the past few years. In times, I've felt somewhat lost with my life--but then I found KidPub, and truly discovered writing, and I was changed for the better. I think KidPub has affected my entire life from here on out; now I know what it's like to be a part of a "family," and truly to have a passion like this.

But that's just my story. KidPub is something else in itself. I hope we go for 18 more years and beyond. :') And thanks to Perry for creating such a wonderful website!

*~ Da Franksta ~*

Posted by Blanders (MaggieMay) on Sat, 02/16/2013 - 11:49
I've only been on for about

I've only been on for about 1 year..... BUT I STILL LOVE KP!!!!!!!!!!- Panthera tigris tigris Love dragons? Read this! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/legacy-fire-book-1-prophecy-f...

Posted by Panthera Tigris... on Sat, 02/16/2013 - 15:04
 If this site did not

If this site did not exist, I don't think I would even be into writing as much as I am today. Thank you Perry! Without you we wouldn't be here. Congratulations on a great 18 years, and let's hope for another 18!

Posted by I Collect Socks... on Sat, 02/16/2013 - 15:41
   635 reads already

635 reads already                                                                                                                                                                                                                                    ~*~Sapphire~*~ Never laugh at live Dragons. J.R.R. Tolkien

Posted by {Silver Ink}Sap... on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 15:08
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIDPUB!!!!!'

~infinitywriter~

Until the End of Time
Chapter One: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/until-end-time-chapter-one-wi...

I would really appreciate it if you read this!!!

Posted by Faith S. (Grace) on Sun, 02/17/2013 - 21:31
Hi perry i was wondering if

Hi perry i was wondering if you would read some of my stories and tell me what you think I LOVE KID PUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Emily on Mon, 02/18/2013 - 09:54
He does read most of all of

He does read most of all of them. No comments, though.

*Jill*

Posted by ~*LightDreamer*... on Wed, 02/20/2013 - 05:42
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! &ldquo;

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” - J.K. Rowling

"Twilight sounds bad, but it's just an opposite of light, like the sun and moon, and water and fire. Twilight is a part of the balance."- *~Athena~*

Posted by City Lights [Sam] on Mon, 05/27/2013 - 18:32
Sam you're, uh... 3 and a

Sam you're, uh... 3 and a half months late.

Read Lydia's story, Life against death! (It's REALLY good... I command you to.) http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/untitled-story-prolouge-20811...

Posted by *Jill* on Tue, 05/28/2013 - 00:35
Oh..... RATS!!!!!!I

Oh.....

RATS!!!!!!I should've saved that for next year.

Posted by City Lights [Sam] on Tue, 05/28/2013 - 14:24
XD LOL I just realized that

XD LOL I just realized that you're using a quote from one of my stories. Thankyou! ^^
-----------

"I don't have attitude, I just have a personality you can't handle!" ~Me

Posted by *~Athena~* on Tue, 05/28/2013 - 17:02
Your welcome. I loved the

Your welcome. I loved the quote ^_^

Posted by Cherrywood [Sam] on Wed, 05/29/2013 - 15:50
LET US EAT CAAAKE! :D Oh man

LET US EAT CAAAKE! :D Oh man is this awesome or what!!?? KP 18? THIS DEFINITELY DESERVES CAKE!

Posted by AuthorMind (Justin) on Mon, 06/24/2013 - 13:43