//
KP Books at Your Library?

KP Books at Your Library?

Posted August 1st, 2010 by perryd

Now that there are hundreds of books published by KidPub Press, it's getting really difficult to buy them all, even if you want to read them all! What's a hungry reader to do? Go to your local library and ask them to purchase a few copies of the titles that you'd like to read. Most librarians are more than happy to order a book for a member of their library, and once you've read a KidPub Press book, other kids can enjoy it, too.

Tell your librarian that KidPub Press books are available from Baker and Taylor. They'll know the name...Baker and Taylor is the largest supplier of books to public and school libraries in the USA. Just let them know which book or books you would like to read, and be sure to jot down the ISBN number for each of them; it'll save your librarian from having to look them up. The ISBN number is listed on the book's page on both the KidPub Press bookstore and at Amazon.

KidPub Press authors earn royalties when a library buys their book, so not only do you get to read a great book, you're also helping out your fellow author!

Oh cool! That's really

Oh cool! That's really awesome! I'll do that! Totally! :D

I know. It's weird. But don't blame me, I'm too awesome to be weird :) Teehee...

Posted by Lucky on Sun, 08/01/2010 - 17:01
Sweet! So if you have a book

Sweet! So if you have a book published, that will get you more sales!!! Yay!!!

If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down. ~ Charles Darwin

Posted by Andrew on Sun, 08/01/2010 - 19:21
Awesome! This sounds

Awesome! This sounds great!

My newest book = Ember Hope (http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/ember-hope-very-long-prologue...) Comments would be soooooo appreciated- thanks! (By SIS)

Posted by Bro & Sis on Sun, 08/01/2010 - 19:35
Awesome idea!! Great work

Awesome idea!! Great work Perry!!

When life gives you lemons make grape juice then step back and let people wonder how you did it.

WRITE, NOT FIGHT!

Posted by Jack D on Mon, 08/02/2010 - 05:52
Awesome! I only have one

Awesome! I only have one copy of my book at my school and public library. I should ask my librarian to order, she finds kids writing books amazing.

<~*Savanna/GermanNinjaToast*~>

"Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies."~Starscream

"In how many comics do you get to see Mark Twain fighting a giant robotic cat? Not enough, I say."~Transformers: Hearts of Steel Comics

Posted by Stellarer Schrei on Mon, 08/02/2010 - 13:50
How does Kidpub afford to

How does Kidpub afford to pay their authors? Espicily when those authors become populer.

I am who I am, and nobody can change that. Nobody will ever again change that, or me.

Posted by Xaxvier on Mon, 08/02/2010 - 17:07
Authors get 20%-25% of the

Authors get 20%-25% of the profit! I think so!

Posted by Lucky on Mon, 08/02/2010 - 17:18
That's correct, for sales on

That's correct, for sales on the KidPub bookstore, the royalty is 20% of the sale price, on Amazon it is 15%. So, if the book sells for $12.95 retail, the author receives $2.59 for a KidPub bookstore sale.

Most of the authors of books that you see in your local bookstore receive around 5% royalty, so KidPub authors make out better than they do :^)

Posted by Perry on Mon, 08/02/2010 - 20:15
Yes, but although it's a

Yes, but although it's a small price/royalty, it most cost a lot to pay the authors the royalty you promise them; even if it is a small price. Does Kidpub make most of it's money off of the books authors sell, or trade marketing. Pherhaps both?

If you knew me, what would you do?

Posted by Xaxvier on Tue, 08/03/2010 - 15:27
Xaxiver, I'm not sure if I

Xaxiver, I'm not sure if I understand your question entirely, but is it this? You want to kow how they can afford to pay the authors, right? You only get paid if someone buys your book. Otherwise, you get nothing."Like if it's 10 bucks, and royalty is 20%, you get $2. If two people buy your books, you get 4 dollars, and say if ten poeple buy it, you get $20. Does that answer the question?

Nobody can prevent you from choosing to be exceptional" - Mark sanborn

Posted by Chiaki on Sat, 09/25/2010 - 07:28
I understand it perfectly.

I understand it perfectly. It's just my guess though that Kp doesn't get much publishings so I'm wondering how they get their other money from. My guess to that is trade marketing. So that's why I'm asking Perry: to clearify my hypothisis(i?).

Oh, wait, never mind. I did the math CORRECTLY this time. Jeez, how'd I get an A- in Math?

This is who I am, like it or don't, it's me; and I'm not about to change it.

Posted by Derk4theBest on Sun, 01/23/2011 - 19:46
ok so you can still buy them

ok so you can still buy them online right? I'l lsee what i can do, so they can also be put out here as well :)

So i'll order a few of the bestsellers and put them at the local bookstores and libraries.

Hope*~*Truth~*~LOVE*~*~* If you love popping bubblewrap put this in your sig. My magic bring Voldemort to the yard and i'm like that's hurting my scar.-- some group on facebook

Posted by AgencyMagic on Mon, 08/02/2010 - 22:38
Awsome! Thats really

Awsome! Thats really cool!

Kay - Check out everything that I have written here on KidPub, I always love new comments and reads : http://www.kidpub.com/viewTracker/780

Posted by Kay on Sat, 08/07/2010 - 09:36
i won a comtest for kidpub 2

i won a comtest for kidpub 2 years ago saying that one of my short stories would be published because i was one of the ten people who were picked when will my story be published i have been waiting about 2 years!!!!!!!

Posted by Gabrila on Mon, 08/09/2010 - 13:34
Cool! check out my stories @

Cool!

check out my stories @ http://www.kidpub.com/viewTracker/409 please!!!!!

Posted by Erin on Tue, 08/10/2010 - 19:42
I'll do the same thing,

I'll do the same thing, actually, I'll ask my parents to go to the library right now! I would really like to read dependent on Rose!

read my book!- The cheater that lied

You've only failed if you've stopped writing~an author

I love to comment nice things- why wouldn't I? ~me

Nothing less; Nothing more~ me

Posted by Emily on Thu, 08/26/2010 - 09:24
i know right? so many. so

Winki know right? so many. so hard to choose! lol. but im serious

Posted by Meiraf on Tue, 09/21/2010 - 18:04
i loove you

i loove you gueys          my random word            TOOOOOOAAAAAASSSSSTTTTTEEEEERRRRRSSSSSS   TRANSLATION     TOASTERSCool

Posted by Sierra on Mon, 11/15/2010 - 21:48
I think the library I go to

I think the library I go to is too small for requesting books, but I’ll ask!

“When a man wants to murder a tiger he calls it sport; when the tiger wants to murder him he calls it ferocity.” George Bernard Shaw

Posted by L. S. Tredom on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 00:28
sounds like a great idea!

sounds like a great idea! uill definetley suggest this

buggin you about he comment bug! http://www.kidpub.com/story/comment-bug-spread-word-read-please-71689412

~September Love~

Posted by Amy on Sat, 11/20/2010 - 17:13
Cool! I really embarassed

Cool! I really embarassed myself at my local library by forgetting what I was holding all the books for and accidentally walking off with the books! 0_0 The alarms went off and everything, and I was SO embarassed! I had totally forgotten I was even carrying the books! I hope they don't hate me, so I can tell them to buy KP books!

~Sandy

Bleh heh heh heh! Bleck!

Posted by Sandy on Wed, 12/08/2010 - 16:41
OMG that's SO funny Sandy!

OMG that's SO funny Sandy!

Posted by Jordynn on Sat, 03/05/2011 - 23:11
sounds awesome but what is a

sounds awesome but what is a royalty?

Posted by Jenny on Tue, 03/22/2011 - 12:12
It's the amount of money the

It's the amount of money the author gets per each book sold. Ex: My published book on KP is about $12.00, we'll say, and let's say I get 10% for royalty. That means I'll get 10% of $12.00 per every book that is bought.

Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with you eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.--Leonardo da Vinci

Spartans never die.<3

Posted by Nachtkatze on Tue, 03/22/2011 - 17:26
O thanks XD

O thanks XD

Posted by Jenny on Wed, 03/23/2011 - 03:27
No problemo, dude.:D   Once

No problemo, dude.:D

Spartans never die.<3

Posted by Nachtkatze on Wed, 03/23/2011 - 20:21
Cool!

Cool!

Posted by Tane on Mon, 09/26/2011 - 06:00
Awesome!!! Could you do it

Awesome!!!
Could you do it in Canada...?

The Avengers is the most AWESOME movie in the world!

Posted by Emma on Mon, 06/11/2012 - 22:06
Cool Idea Perry!Nothing is

Cool Idea Perry!
Nothing is impossible with God. The word it self says I'm Possible.

Posted by Confuzzled on Sat, 08/11/2012 - 08:11
so do you get some of the

so do you get some of the money when you pub a book?

" Life isn't about how to survive the storm, it's about how to dance in the rain. " - Taylor Swift

Posted by Book Kitty on Sun, 09/16/2012 - 19:43
yes, you should read the

yes, you should read the publishing guide or look to buy your books with your typing in it.-Snowflake Nightbeam

Posted by Kaylee on Wed, 10/10/2012 - 18:19
Whoa. Too bad shipping costs

Whoa. Too bad shipping costs too much for the librarians here to agree.

*Jill*

~*Hand-Drawn Book covers!*~ At least CLICK! http://www.kidpub.com/story/book-cover-business-okay-peoples-all-new-try... Hand drawn and awesome!

Posted by ~*LightDreamer*... on Tue, 02/12/2013 - 09:09
Awesome! I'd love to help

Awesome! I'd love to help out KidPub and its authors! Which book should I ask for, though?

"Hey everybody! These two aren't human! They're half Greek god! . . . they don't seem to care."

Posted by Luna Lovegood (... on Wed, 05/29/2013 - 18:35
Your screen name now suits

Your screen name now suits you. A lot. Um, not saying you're wacko or anythig, it's just that I've always liked Luna, and it suits you. No offense ment if I um...

Read Lydia's story, Life against death! (It's REALLY good... I command you to.) http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/untitled-story-prolouge-20811...

Posted by *Jill* on Thu, 05/30/2013 - 04:18
Read and comment on a

Read and comment on a chapter of my book,"The Love of a CHRISTIAN HOME"

YAY!

Posted by Ella on Sat, 11/16/2013 - 20:46