//
10 Things you need to know about Labrador Retrievers

Posted February 12th, 2009 by Kazel

Kazel's picture
by Lezak
in the clouds... somewhere... (SOMEBODY GET THIS KID A MAP!)

February 12th, 2009

I own a lab, her name is Luna and as I was looking at her, I thought about this.  Enjoy!  (PS:  Most of these are about my own lab)

10.)  Never put your drink on the side of the table, that is unless you LIKE cleaning up spills.

9.)  Biting is a habit.  After one day, you'll want to file down your Lab's teeth.  I mean they bite-- alot.  If you're emo, consider getting a lab as they can bite and claw at your wrists like no tomorrow.  No need for razors when you have a lab!

8.)  Next time you go to rob a house, bring your Lab.  Then can do several things such as distract the house's dog and steal things for you... then run away with them.

7.)  Yellow is mellow, Brown is Big and Black is Back!

6.)  They're great snugglers.  Next time you have a lab, a bed and yourself, try to snuggler with them.  As my Twilight obsessed mother said once (and I quote) "Sleeping like Luna [my dog] is like sleeping with a were-wolf, she's so warm!".

5.)  If you're a couch patato, you will love a lab.  They will literally sit and watch your t.v.  My uncle's lab watches the news, my lab loves movies.  Her favorites?  "Hairspray" and "Happy Feet".

4.)  If you're a couch patatoe, you will hate a lab.  They're like, perpetual motion machines!  They seem to keep on running, and running, and running and jumping and jumping and doing all these doggy things-- time elevenity ten that is.

3.)  Lab's are certainly not land-lubbers.  Make sure you're near a pool, near a lake, near a puddle, near a river, near the ocean, near a pond, near a bath tub basically near any body of water if you get a lab.  These dogs are half fish or something.

2.)  Labs are doggy geniuses.  But not the genius dog of all (that's the border collie.).  Still teach them a trick, they'll remember it.  Some even realize places.  Like my dog, she knows in her "house" (crate), downstairs, upstairs, bike ride, pool, outside and ontop of all that, she can ring a pair of christmas bells we have by the back door to go out!

1.)  If I had my way, I'd make a whole show on Comedy Central about these dogs.  They do hilarious things!  If you've read "Me and Marly" or own a lab you know what I'm talking about.  They're a whole lot funnier than seeing Russia from your house.

See more stories by Lezak
Haha! Number ten iss my

Haha! Number ten iss my favorite! *cracking up* I don't have a lab, but my family friend has one. That is so true!

“You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

--Dr. Seuss

Posted by G!nGy/Seagull on Thu, 02/12/2009 - 14:01
Always wanted a Lab... Now I

Always wanted a Lab... Now I want one even more...

~Calla and Aiden have been here... Better make sure nothing is missing.~

Posted by Calla/Aiden on Thu, 02/12/2009 - 14:47
My dog is a quarter lab,

My dog is a quarter lab, quarter border collie and half kelpie (which is an Australian cattle dog), which means -
1) he has the great temperament of a lab (sooo sweet)
2) he's freakin intelligent like a border collie (this can get annoying sometimes....like when he outwits you in a game....grrrr)
And
3) he can run all day and night like a kelpie (meaning he never gets fat)

Perfect dog for me :)

::Live your life for those that you love~Relient K

Posted by Lauren/Caius on Thu, 02/12/2009 - 16:13
One time my sister's drink

One time my sister's drink on the table and my german wire hair pointer drank it and all that was left was the straw and styreofoam.

You are an artist. Paint your word with passion-- Susan Young

Posted by Anya on Thu, 02/12/2009 - 18:28
The KidPub Official Dog is

The KidPub Official Dog is Maggie the Lab. Here she is watching tennis on TV...

Maggie likes Federer

Posted by Perry on Thu, 02/12/2009 - 19:51
LOL (labs of laughter). 

LOL (labs of laughter).  Thanks for commenting guys, AND Perry!  Maggie is a very cute yellow lab. 

Hullo goodbye have a good life.

Posted by K@zel on Fri, 02/13/2009 - 16:19