//
15 differences between THE LIGHTNING THIEF movie and book. Please tell me if I left any out.

Posted August 11th, 2010 by LoganStrain

LoganStrain's picture
by Hot Pink Phoenix
in http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6kF8Fy1_gXICUU-UxzULWg

August 11th, 2010

1.       Annabeth has brown hair, not blonde.

2.      Luke rigs the flying shoes to kill Percy.

3.      Aries did not appear.

4.      Aries of course, did not send them on a mission in one of Hephaestus’s traps.

5.      In the Lotus Hotel, the guy who told Percy what year it was a hippie kid.

6.      “Auntie Em’s Garden Gnome Emporium” was not deserted.

7.      Grover didn’t stay behind in the Underworld, Percy’s mom did.

8.      Aries hid the Master Bolt inside the backpack he gave Percy.

9.      Annabeth doesn’t  fight with a sword, she fights with a dagger (Or a knife, if you wanna get technical)

10.  You can’t forget that you had to uncap Annaklusmos in order to activate it, not click it.

11.  Percy doesn’t kill Luke.

12.  At Camp Half-Blood, Hades sends two Bloodhounds, not himself to ask Percy for the M B

13.  The kids looked at Hades true form, which should’ve disintegrated them.

14.  Charon talked to the kids way more in the book.

15.  The Lightning Thief movie is a movie, not a book. 

DUH!!!!!

See more stories by Hot Pink Phoenix
You forgot one! The movie

You forgot one! The movie didn't have Clarisse!

Quick! What's the number for 911?! -Buckwheat

Shayok is my name...I IZ INDIAN!! CURRY BLAST!!! -Shayok

Prunes are just big raisins. -Me

Posted by wildwolf on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 14:24
And Grover wasn't as girl

And Grover wasn't as girl crazy! And Poseidon didn't wear a Aloha Shirt and shorts in the movie. And there was nothing about Blue Food in the movie. And Percy couldn't read Greek from the very beginning. And Percy didn't know about "I just like water" in the book at the beginning. And he never had to stay at the Hermes cabin. There. That is all I can think of that you forgot

If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed, which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down. ~ Charles Darwin

Posted by Andrew on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 14:30
luke did rig the shoes till

luke did rig the shoes till kill percy, but grover wore them

Posted by Danielle on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 14:34
Wait I thought Annabeth's

Wait I thought Annabeth's hair was blonde not brown

Please read The Time of the Shadow People, and comment. I would love it if you would. http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/time-shadow-people-chapter-1-... Thanks!!!!!!

Posted by (Kathryn2) on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 14:49
IT WAS!!! But not in the

IT WAS!!! But not in the movie...

Posted by Andrew on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 14:59
And Thalia's single pine

And Thalia's single pine tree wasn't there to protect the camp, there was something magical about the door. And Percy gave the bolt back to Zeus when only Poseidon and Zeus was in the throne room, not the whole council. And Percy's eyes are blue-green not just blue. ANd there was nothing about Percy flying home after he got the bolt. And Luke didn't have a scar. And there was nothing about Nancy Bobofit. And they didn't go to St. Louis, they went to Memphis. They better go to St. Louis in the Titan's Curse. (They weren't in America for the Sea of Monsters very long)

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY: THE PLOT OF THE LIGHTNING THIEF WAS NOT ABOUT THEM GETTING THE PEARLS ALONG THE WAY, A NIERID GAVE THEM ALL TO PERCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND THEY DO NOT BELONG TO PERSEPHONE!

About Grover being black? I thought that was a nice touch, because in history, there wern't any white satyrs.

A wise person once said, "What if everyone else in the world is weird and I'm the normal one?............ Nah, not likely." That wise person was none other than MEEEEE!!!! 8D

Posted by Shelby on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 15:12
Well, actually, Luke DID

Well, actually, Luke DID have a scar in the book...oh. You mean that he didn't have a scar in the movie, don't you?

Posted by Andrew on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 15:15
Yeah, all of those are what

Yeah, all of those are what weren't in the movie. I still have a looonnngg list of other stuff, but that comment was getting too long.

Posted by Shelby on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 15:16
Yeah, Luke not having his

Yeah, Luke not having his scar really annoyed me. I mean, with modern stage-makeup, it's not hard to give an actor a fake scar. So what's up with characters in movie adaptations not having them? In "The Last Airbender", Zuko's scar is barely noticeable. At least it's there, but you can hardly see it. In the original show, it takes up half his face and it's his trademark! What's up, movie making people???

*Create wonderful things* *Be good* * Have fun* *Write on*

Posted by Tasha on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 15:36
I know, right? I used to

I know, right? I used to respect Chris Columbus. Home Alone 1 2 and 3, Harry Potter 1 and 2 (which are the only two I like, because they FOLLOW THE BOOK THE BEST. WHAT THE HECK?) and now I don't like him as much. Humph.I wonder what Rick Riordan was really thinking? I mean, he had to say that he liked the movie and stuff, but what was he thinking? Poor guy. I'd hate that.

Posted by Shelby on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 16:09
I didn't see the movie or

I didn't see the movie or read the book, but my sister has, and I agree, that is a big- well a lot-differences!

WRITE! NOT FIGHT!

You've Only Failed if you stopped Writing*

I'm not mean, I'm just right -Jim Benton

Posted by Emily on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 15:39
Okay, but if you wanna check

Okay, but if you wanna check this series out, read the book FIRST so that you'll get why this is such a big deal!

Posted by Shelby on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 16:11
Good "Reach for the stars.

Good

"Reach for the stars. Always try harder. Never give up, unless, of course, you are offered ice cream." -Mi (That's meee!) WRITE, NOT FIGHT! HAVE FUN, AND KEEP ON WRITING! -Pokey :)

Posted by Pokey on Wed, 08/11/2010 - 16:14
Ares was hardly in this one,

Ares was hardly in this one, there wasnt the ride of love or whatever and all the spiders, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!!!! ANNABETH DIDNT CALL PERCY SEAWEED BRAINS???!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?! and there were a LOT of other stuff

~Kay~

Posted by Kay on Sat, 09/04/2010 - 05:03
Someone should make a

Someone should make a spin-off of this list and see how many we have now... I'll do it!! :)

And remember kids: There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Just pray that it isn't a train.

Posted by Shelby on Sat, 09/04/2010 - 08:49
Awesome! And I love your

Awesome! And I love your sig.

~Kay~

Posted by Kay on Sat, 09/04/2010 - 11:16