//
C'est le Loup-Garou

C'est le Loup-Garou

Posted August 28th, 2009 by Melissa

by Lissa
in Wonderland

August 28th, 2009

"Le fini... c'est etroit que cela l'air."

There was only one clue at the scene of the crime. One simple clue. Several words etched by a pocket knife into the soft wood of the living room halls. Most of the home had burned, but the words had been severed. Translators, of Italian, French, and Spanish origins, were quickly called. The translator of French color was most useful.

Directly translated, the note read, "The end... it is closer than it seems."

The information the police had behind the crime was not sufficient. It was a terrible crime indeed; the thief behind it was a genius, with nothing less than top-notch experience. The house was in a heavy heap. Arson, manslaughter, and much more than that seemed to all tie together to form the most questioned murder case of the decade.

Yes, it was a murder case. There was blood all over the house; blood, and marks of flame. It was a complete wreck. The roof had caved in on the third floor of the 19th century victorian home; the staircase had collapsed, and nearly all the walls were past repair. The house was absolutely destroyed.

There were no bullets. How could such a terrible crime be done without a single bullet? Perhaps it was a baseball bat.

The final, and most trivial part of the case... with so much blood, and with a murder case, where was the body?

The inspectors and investigators on scene could find no evidence of a corpse of any sort. There was no source for the relentless splatter of blood all over the walls and floors. There were no footprints, there was hardly anything that would have consituted an escape route. It became difficult to travel through the house. It was continuing to dismantel, mostly in a domino effect.

One shingle would fall into the second floor's main hallway. The hallway would creak and start to break. Under pressure, it would collapse. One more part of the house would be impossible to scope out. It grew increasingly harder to find anything that would help the case.

The most awkward part, aside from the words on the wall and a missing corpse, was the fact that there were very strange decorations about the house. Odd, foreign paintings and figures of golden wolves were everywhere. In every room, there was a small golden wolf. Sitting on its haunches, in a howling position, it appeared to be pointing up at the moon. 

Every time a golden wolf was found, it was in the moonlight.

Investigators began to lose hope. There was simply no trace to this endless crime. Who would dare do something so terrible? Who lived here? No one really knew. It was apparently unoccupied, but... well, it wasn't unoccupied, and it was too late to realize that. It would take days to unravel the mystery.

Just outside the home, on a hill overlooking the house, two figures were seated together. The older and taller of the two was holding a replica of a small golden wolf; the same kind that had been in the house. He turned to his younger friend, and grinned.
"You've done well. You now are free." he said, nodding.
"Thank you, sir."

See more stories by Lissa
Beautifully written, but the

Beautifully written, but the end...confuses me.

The magic exists...

Posted by Sicilian Sea on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 22:55
It's supposed to confuse you

It's supposed to confuse you ;) get you thinking about what really happened.

++> "Definition of an Optimist: Someone who doesn't know whether life is a tragedy or a comedy, but is just tickled silly to be in the play."<++

Posted by the Mad Hatter on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 22:58
I see...one of those "it's

I see...one of those "it's up to you" endings....wow haven't read one of those in awhile. Unfortunately my imagination would...will...ponder over that for awhile. It won't figure it out either...

The magic exists...

Posted by Sicilian Sea on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:01
The title throws the whole

The title throws the whole thing ;) Translate it from French to English. Put that at the end of the story. You have the answer :D I like doing that. A lot. A confusing title that is actually the solution to the story.

Posted by La Reveur on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:05
Lol...What's your  username

Lol...What's your  username mean in French? I should do that...but I enjoy Sicilian Sea...

The magic exists...

Posted by Sicilian Sea on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:08
My username is "the dreamer"

My username is "the dreamer" in French :3 and the title is "it is the werewolf". XDD

Posted by La Reveur on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:10
Nice. Werewolves rock..I

Nice. Werewolves rock..I love coming up with my own variations of them. Two so far...

The magic exists...

Posted by Sicilian Sea on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:12
I love making up variations!

I love making up variations! One of the things I never tire of doing, though, is creating my own supernatural species. Read "ZOKKA" from me here... I think there are 4 chapters so far. Can you tell me what you think? I'd be grateful :3

Posted by La Reveur on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:14
I love making up my own

I love making up my own creatures! One day I thought up tons of species..but I forgot all but a few. Are we still collabing? I wish to know.

The magic exists...

Posted by Kisicilia Bahari on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:18
It would be a lot of fun!

It would be a lot of fun! I'm not sure if I have time right now though, with marching band and all... I still want to do the idea though ;)

Posted by La Reveur on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:40
That would be interesting,

That would be interesting, especially when our styles are different...I'd like to see where that would go.

The magic exists...

Posted by Kisicilia Bahari on Fri, 08/28/2009 - 23:44