//
DARE Report

DARE Report

Posted February 24th, 2008 by Michelle

by Shell Bell :o

February 24th, 2008

A/N- Had to do a DARE report. A bit corny, but it took me a while and I had to type it anyways, so I figured I'd post it on here.

My Dare Report

DARE. One word, four letters, a very powerful meaning. It’s the knowledge that could save kids lives from being terrorized by some of the most harmful thing’s in the world; violence, drugs and alcohol. I ask you, what is better than that?

In DARE we learned about many things, one of the first being tobacco. Tobacco can be chewed or smoked, but either way, it’s harmful. It causes breathing problems, colds and upper respiratory sicknesses, heart disease and cancer of the mouth, throat, bladder, lungs and kidney. Oh, that sounds like bundles of fun. Smoking also affects your appearance and it contains two-hundred known poisons. Lastly, approximately 403,000 people die because of tobacco-related causes, at least 3,000 of them dead from breathing other people’s smoke. Now for me, I am not interested in putting other people’s lives on the line for tobacco.

Another thing I gained education about this year was Marijuana. Marijuana has basically all the disgusting affects of tobacco, except it is illegal and it’s smoke has more tar than tobacco smoke. Also, marijuana damages your brain and body in several ways including short-term memory loss, loss of concentration and coordination, reflexes slow and it practically kills your ability to judge distance, speed and reaction time- which will make it harder to play sports. Marijuana; a bad substance that I beg you to stay away from.

One of the final things I was taught about in DARE was alcohol. Alcohol can hurt every single organ in your body. Your heart, lungs, brain, stomach… you name it. Alcohol slows your reflexes, makes you loose coordination and self control, plus your judgment goes downhill, and to top it all off you also receive memory lapses and slurred speech. Now is a way to get a whole lot of respect- NOT! Alcohol is illegal for everyone under 21 and it increases your risk for tons of diseases. In addition, when it’s taken in large amounts, alcohol can lead to death or coma. Alcohol is one of the things in the world that we must leave alone.

I have seen someone in my life go through a troubled journey with alcohol. One that involved drunk driving, a night in a cold, damp cell and no license or car to drive. It was basically a painful fall, that took years for that person to get back up again, and it was full of tears, anguish, and a whole lot of regret. Think… is that something you want to see happen to you or the people you love?

So yes, the realization has come. It has come to me and my classmates, thanks to DARE. Drugs, alcohol, violence and tobacco hurt- they just hurt. They hurt you. They hurt the people around you. They hurt everyone. Anyone can resist them, no matter how hard life can be. When your world gets you down or stressed, remember that drugs, alcohol, violence and tobacco are bad for you, and just turn to that big gallon of ice cream or that awesome soap opera, and resist. My eyes are now opened, and I can see how horrible these things can be. I hope you can, too.

I pledge to make wise choices about drugs, alcohol, violence and tobacco and I will avoid abusing them. In pledging this, I am promising to live a clean life, a life of where I live free of these cruel substances. For myself, for my family, and for my friends.

See more stories by Shell Bell :o
same here! ~i want a kitten,

same here!

~i want a kitten, i really do, but mommy says we can't, why can't i have a kitten robbie?~ my neice

Posted by just robin. on Sun, 02/24/2008 - 19:48
"Saving you ...did I save

"Saving you ...did I save the world?"

"I don't know, I'm just a cheerleader."

- Peter and Claire: Episode 'Homecoming' in Heroes
---

What is DARE, actually? Never heard of it.
Oh- great report, by the way. Sure to be a winner.

Posted by Susmi on Mon, 02/25/2008 - 05:55
O_O OH MY GOSH YOUR SIG IS

O_O OH MY GOSH YOUR SIG IS FROM HEROES! :DD *fantomboy moment* XD Sorry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planet Ectroi is waiting for you...

Posted by TheAshWolf on Wed, 05/09/2012 - 02:28
I had to make one of these

I had to make one of these in fifth grade and won a standing ovation, a medal, and a whole load of compliments. Good luck!

I am not famous.
I am notorious.
--One of my T-Shirts

Posted by Alec on Sun, 02/24/2008 - 19:57
I did this too, it scared

I did this too, it scared the daylights out of me I went into tears while reading it....My teacher said it was still just as amazing. Yours is AMAZING and I hope you leave a big imprint on someones life....mine did apparently...I didn't think i did a hot job of reading it but people still talk about it so...Hopefully your's will turn out the same way, I'll be talking about it for sure.

*~Soccer players live in an opposite world...they have goals...and they don't stop until those goals are in the back of a net....~Me on Soccer~*

Posted by Max on Sun, 02/24/2008 - 21:02
Intresting, passionate,

Intresting, passionate, informative, A+!

"I'm Lovin' it" ~ Annoying McDonalds advertisement

Posted by Enoch on Mon, 02/25/2008 - 07:09
Oh, I did one in fifth

Oh, I did one in fifth grade. Oh my gosh, mine was soooooo bad. :( I put a lot of effort into it, too.

Posted by Kat on Mon, 02/25/2008 - 16:34
Drug Abuse Resistance

Drug Abuse Resistance Education! D.A.R.E.
We learned about it this year!
I am in the middle of doing one of these, ugh, mine's horrible!!! unlike yours, AMAZING! Definetely gonna be picked to read aloud... unlike mine! lol...

Posted by Hooper (Smiley) on Fri, 05/16/2008 - 16:39
"Saving you ...did I save

"Saving you ...did I save the world?"

"I don't know, I'm just a cheerleader."

---

Ha, thanks, Hooper!
:D
We don't do stuff like that here...
DARE reports, I mean...

Posted by Tigerlily on Sat, 05/17/2008 - 05:25
I did somrthing like

I did somrthing like this.... only it's called Keep a clear mind, but yeah, same concept we get a pizza party tommarow for finishing it.

KATE

Posted by Kate on Mon, 05/19/2008 - 07:50
Oh! I did one! I won 2nd

Oh! I did one! I won 2nd place! We did a writing contest for it!

(: Energizer bunny arrested, charged with battery :)

Posted by Venus on Thu, 05/13/2010 - 17:11
(No subject)

Cool

Posted by Clover77505 on Mon, 05/24/2010 - 19:42
Oh, I did one of these. i

Oh, I did one of these. i won Daren, the bear!!!! :D

My appearence was strong. "Uh, horselover? You look like your having a seizure." OK, so maybe I was shaking a bit. ~ The Kidpub Story

Posted by horselover2 on Thu, 05/12/2011 - 17:54
O_0 Our DARE mascot was a

O_0 Our DARE mascot was a lion... :P

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planet Ectroi is waiting for you...

Posted by TheAshWolf on Wed, 05/09/2012 - 02:26
Oh my gosh, I had to do a

Oh my gosh, I had to do a DARE report just like this in 5th grade....x_x I hated the classes so much.

Good report, though....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The planet Ectroi is waiting for you...