//
The Earthquake (A Short Story)

The Earthquake (A Short Story)

Posted October 13th, 2011 by JoeJoe22

by Joe
in Washington State

October 19th, 2011

I was just sitting on the couch, watching the latest House of Anubis episode, when the ground started shaking. The Honey Nut Cheerio's I had on the tray table spilled on the floor along with the tray table. I clung to the couch. The L.G. flatscreen T.V. fell to the ground and the screen shattered into a million little peices. My mom's bookshelf fell to the floor as well.

Then, it just stopped. My entire apartment was a mess. It was completely for Portland, Oregon to get earthquake so I was a little shaken up. It was Saturday, 9:00, and that was not the way I wanted to start my day. I quickly found my cell phone, that was half broken, and called my mom, who was at Safeway doing some early-morning grocery shopping. She said she felt it too and she'd be home in a few minutes.

When she got home, we both watched the local news app on her iPhone. Apperantly the earthquake was a 7.3, the biggest in Oregon history! Also a lot of people died but me and my mom were both very happy that we were both safe!

(Sorry its so short, I had to write it pretty fast)

See more stories by Joe