//
To Err is Human (English Essay, please read)

Posted October 20th, 2008 by Elfin-Maiden

Elfin-Maiden's picture
by Cal
in

October 20th, 2008

To Err is Human

By Calla Jae Simmons

Everyone makes mistakes. Everyone fails. Everyone learns, but not everyone errs in the same way, therefore the lesson differs. I often have moments, where I look back on my past situations and feel shameful about them. Some I have learned from. Others, I still contemplate blankly over them. The ones I have reaped something from, are usually my most embarrassing, shameful or unsettling. The one I am about to share, is none of those, but rather something that will always brush through your walk down memory lane when you least expect it. A feeling between remorse and the unwelcome, and a wanting to know why you acted in that manner, to prove you can fix it; straighten your crooked moment…

I was just going along, heading towards school, and feeling apprehensive about an upcoming test score… In other words, a perfectly normal day of my life. My thoughts soon strayed and I began to work out a code I had encountered in the morning paper, but a disturbance from around the corner, scattered all my thoughts like a flock of frightened pigeons. They say curiosity killed the cat, it will probably be the death of me too; I’m naturally inquisitive. The unknown source drew me closer to the bend, and nonchalantly peered about it as I walked by. What I saw angered me, two older teens ganging up on a smaller kid, maybe about twelve or so. That they were bullying him was frank, and infuriating. My first impulse was to walk right up to those imbeciles and tell them to stop. After further thought though, I was worried as to whether it would endanger my health, this selfish thought made me hate myself, but the second-guessing made me more and more insecure of myself. Then, I turned away like I hadn’t seen anything.

My guilt will probably plague me forever, cowardice is something I detest, but when placed under pressure it was my first resort. It gave me resolve though, to do the right thing the first time around. If I ever land in such a situation again, I’ll be sure to be wise the first time around. Learning moments are hardly ever pleasant if they occur outside of a classroom, but the scars they leave are a constant reminder. ?

Note to reader: This is all purely fictional, this has never really happened.

See more stories by Cal
Nice! Also, this is kinda

Nice!

Also, this is kinda random but . . . my dad has a shirt that says 'To err is human, but to blame it on someone else shows good managment skills' lol, weird i know. Just thought I would share that.

***********************************

Real Vampires Sparkle!

"Don't be afraid to try something new. Ametures built the ark, and profesionals built the Tintantic"

Posted by Kate on Mon, 10/20/2008 - 15:30
Good writing skills! *Create

Good writing skills!

*Create wonderful things* *Be good* * Have fun* *Write on*

Posted by Tasha on Mon, 10/20/2008 - 20:25
Cool!

Cool!

Posted by E on Tue, 10/21/2008 - 17:14