//
Finding Nemo (short story for school Please read)

Posted February 10th, 2010 by Rebecca4real

by ReBecca
in Minnesota

February 10th, 2010

Finding Nemo

I was enjoying my ice cream in the kitchen when I heard the sound of a crash come from the basement. Being the curious person that I was, I knew I had to check it out. I quickly gobbled up my ice cream and ran down the steps. I gasped when I saw the site before me. The cookies I made this morning were gone! Instead, there laid a broken plate on the ground. Before I could do anything else, the phone rang. My blue- green eyes darted to the phone. I hesitated before answering it. It was my neighbor, Mrs. Johnson.

“Have you seen Nemo?” she asked. Nemo was her small, adorable golden retriever.

“No, but is he okay?” I asked.

“I don’t know, he has gone missing this morning. I let him off his leach today and he ran off in the direction off your house, but he never came back!” she panicked. I could tell she was really worried.

“I’ll help you find him.” I promised and hung up the phone. At least this would take my mind off the munchy, delicious, sugary cookies that could have been in my mouth right now.

I decided to go on the porch and think of places where Nemo would have run off too. He couldn’t off gone far, he was scared of cars and our neighborhood is surrounded by major roads.

My thoughts were interrupted by a roaring noise. It was Mr. Brown, my neighbor, mowing his lawn. Mr. Brown never liked Nemo. He always complained about Nemo leaving his business on his lawn. He even once threatened that next time he’ll see Nemo on his lawn, he’ll send him to Norway. Mr. Brown wasn’t a pleasant man; he kind of scares me. Maybe he took Nemo.

“Mr. Brown,” I said as I walked into his lawn.

“Get off my lawn!” he snapped without even looking at me. Obeying him I took a few steps towards the cracked sidewalk. After what seemed like 5 long minutes, he turned off the lawn mower. “What do you want?”

“Have you seen Nemo?” I asked.

“Who’s Nemo?”

“Mrs. Johnson’s cute golden retriever.” I explained.

“You mean that annoying mutt?” he snapped. I ran my finger through my unbrushed, sandy hair. This may be harder than I thought.

“Yes,” I nodded. “He has gone missing this morning. Have you seen him?”

“No, I haven’t seen that smelly hairball since last week. You were there; I threatened to send him to Norway. Which, I will do if I find him on my lawn again!” he answered. I could tell he wasn’t in a good mood; he never was! I decided to leave him alone and go back home.

I was about to go back home through the basement door when I noticed there was something different about the door, but I couldn’t figure out what it was. After I examined the door, I realized what was different. The hole!

The hole was been there since this summer. I was playing baseball with my brother. I pitched the ball and he missed it. It ended up hitting the door. My brother got a strike, I got grounded.

But today, the hole had small golden hair in it. Just like Nemo’s. Was Nemo inside my house? I quickly threw the door and ran to the broken plate. It too, had Nemo’s hair on it. I looked around and found him sound asleep under the wooden table that my cookies used to be on. I smiled and petted him. I think I’ll call Mrs. Johnson when he wakes up.

WHat do you think? Please comment!

See more stories by ReBecca
AAAAWWW that was cute   I

AAAAWWW that was cute

I think therfore I am

Posted by WESTIE on Wed, 02/10/2010 - 19:52
The grumpy neighbor is funny

The grumpy neighbor is funny :D One thing, you might wanna take out the chocolate part since if dogs eat chocolate they will usually get very very sick, especially if they eat a lot. Yeah, I'm kinda into doctor stuff. :D But it's well written :D

Every person's life is a fairytale written by God's fingers ~ Hans Christian Anderson

Posted by De-Ecrivian on Wed, 02/10/2010 - 20:03
What cookie can I dog eat

What cookie can I dog eat the human can eat?

Posted by ReBecca on Wed, 02/10/2010 - 20:07
Ummm, I'm not completely

Ummm, I'm not completely sure; low sugar would probably be good.... Maybe ginger bread? Maybe you could just say like cookies in general? It's just a minor detail, don't worry about it, I'm just the kind of person who notices stuff like that :D but as I said, it's well written :D

Posted by De-Ecrivian on Wed, 02/10/2010 - 21:19
Maybe the cookies got

Maybe the cookies got abducted by aliens...WE WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO THE COOKIES. This mystery's up there with crop circles and the Bermuda Triangle and all...

"I think you might need braces for that..." -Dentist to Mouth of Sauron

Posted by Mouth of Sauron on Thu, 02/11/2010 - 01:12
peanut butter cookies would

peanut butter cookies would probably be okay. Low-sugar is probably best.

Posted by Clarissa on Thu, 02/11/2010 - 15:34
That was sooo cute, Short

That was sooo cute, Short but very good. THe grumpy neighbor was funny! :)

5 stars :)

From Rebecca

Posted by Rebecca on Wed, 02/10/2010 - 21:09
It's suppose to be a short

It's suppose to be a short story

Welcome to the OOL. Notice there is no P in it. Let's keep it that way!

Posted by ReBecca on Wed, 02/10/2010 - 21:36
That was really good. I like

That was really good. I like that the dog's name was Nemo. He-he. Cute!

Posted by Katie on Sun, 03/07/2010 - 09:21
why does it have the same

why does it have the same title as a movie. For some reason i just want to say the word ossified some howLaughing punctuation pig!! :(:)

Critisism is not an insult, but a way of improving~Me~

Posted by Evan on Tue, 03/09/2010 - 17:34