//
Promises: George -- A Harry Potter fanfic

Posted June 29th, 2012 by PlenaLuna

PlenaLuna's picture
by PlenaLoonyLuna (Trinity)
in California

July 1st, 2012

DISCLAIMER: I am not JK Rowling and I do not own any part of Harry Potter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The war's over now, Fred. Everyone's moved on. But I haven't, because I lost my other half, and I'm still waiting.

Remember when we used to joke about it all? Remember when we escaped Hogwarts on our brooms, right under Umbridge's nose? Remember the sign we put up in Diagon Alley, the tricks we played, the Skiving Snackboxes we made and sold? Do you still remember, Fred, how we were just trying to make people smile, trying to get them to forget about all the seriousness and have a good laugh?

I hate how everything is, Fred. I hate how every once in a while, someone will chuckle and say,"Remember that time when Fred and George—", and then they'll glance at me, and fall silent. I hate how sometimes, somebody will accidentally use the term "Fred and George", or "the twins", and then someone has to look at me sympathetically. I hate how I still say "we" instead of "I", and no one ever corrects me; they only bite their lip and give me a sad sort of look they've never given me before. I wish I didn't have to be the one that makes people stop laughing and look uncomfortable, the one that makes people rethink what they're about to say. Because I — no, we — used to be the opposite, Fred.

It's been months now. But sometimes, I still think of a good joke and turn around to tell you, but you're... not... there. For the first time in my —  our — lives, you've gone somewhere, and I can't follow you. So pretend that I'm there, Fred. Tell everyone what we would have said. Tell Remus and Tonks that Andromeda and Harry will take good  care of Teddy. Tell Lily and James that Harry still looks just like his father, but has his mother's eyes. And tell jokes. Do what I haven't been able to do for months, Fred. Pretend that I'm there, and go on having fun. Please, Fred, because I haven't been able to say the things we used to say. Because I'm still waiting.

I remember when the battle was about to start. I remember how, just before it all began, we swore to each other, promised that whatever we did, wherever we went, we would stay together. But you broke your promise. Now, you're not here, Fred. Now, I'm alone.

Fred, it's all over now. Everyone's happy. But I'm not. Because I'm still waiting. Because you promised, Fred. You promised, remember? Remember?

I hope you do, because I still haven't forgotten, and I don't think I ever will.

~ fin ~

See more stories by PlenaLoonyLuna (Trinity)
It makes me want to cry... A

It makes me want to cry...

A person who is happy will make others happy. A person who has courage and faith will never die in misery!~Anne Frank.

Posted by Nightlock (Lauren) on Sat, 06/30/2012 - 09:11
Thanks for reviewing! And

Thanks for reviewing! And posting x3 was an accident, sorry, I was trying to edit, but thx for telling me.
~ Plena Luna
Visit www.thefirebolt.co.cc ! Articles, images, fanfiction, and more!
HP rocks and Remus Lupin is awesome.

Posted by Trinity on Sat, 06/30/2012 - 23:15
GAH! So sad!!!! D;

GAH! So sad!!!! D; *sobs*

"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby."-Ruth E. Renkel

~~Heather~~

Posted by Hedgebat (Le Wo... on Wed, 07/04/2012 - 14:01