//
Sunset - A Short Story

Sunset - A Short Story

Posted June 14th, 2011 by Danish621

by Dana
in vincible.

June 15th, 2011

Sunset

A.N.: This was hard for me to write....Anyways, hope you enjoy. (:

The sunset looks exactly like the postcards. Hues of purple, orange and pink explode from a red ball of dying sun. Palm trees sway gently like feathers and the ocean glimmers like a thousand diamonds. The sand is soft and white and I have to close my eyes to process this beautiful image.

My head is on his shoulder, and it's like we're two pieces in a puzzle made to fit together. I feel like I don't belong anywhere else but right here in this moment. He needs a haircut because his bangs are grazing my forehead and his fingernails are dirty and he has huge front teeth, but I don't mind. In fact, those are three of the many things I love about him.

He turns his neck and kisses me on the forehead. “There's nowhere else I'd rather be,” he whispers, wrapping his arms around me.

I answer quite slowly.

“I love you,” I say.

The corners of his mouth turn up. This is far too good to be true. His lips part to speak and I know I'm about to cherish his next words.

And as if someone has changed the channel on the television, everything is lost. There is are no palm trees, no sunset, no sand. I am in the dark of my room and the only thing wrapped around me is my blanket. Nothing is beside me but a glass of water on the bedside table. My face is damp now, but not from the ocean spray.

I crawl out of my intoxicating dreamland and begin my day without him.

See more stories by Dana
Ooh, nice dream she had. XD

Ooh, nice dream she had. XD Now if only it were real!

This is a great little piece! It would work great as part of a long story!!

*~ Over and Out ~*

There is more to life than chocolate. There is, for example, cheese! - Pseudonymous Bosch

Do you hear the people sing, singing a song of angry men? It is the music of a people who will not be slaves again! ~ Les Misérables

Posted by Lizzie on Wed, 06/15/2011 - 07:23
WOAH! Nice job! :D .~

WOAH! Nice job! :D

.~ HARPER~.

Posted by Harper on Wed, 06/15/2011 - 07:26
Short for a short story, yet

Short for a short story, yet nice.

"I will never be a memory," -- Sepheroth, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children "What matters the most is often remembered the least"-- me

Posted by Xaxvier on Wed, 06/15/2011 - 11:42
Wow! You have AWESOME

Wow! You have AWESOME writing Gingy! Love it!

When people ask me what my problem is I say, "Nothing. I just haven't lost my childhood creativity and longing to explore the world."

Posted by Moogle on Thu, 06/16/2011 - 12:04