/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ 1st Annual KidPub Cup (THE WORLD CUP...IN KIDPUB) Multi-Round Cultural CONTEST // Choose a COUNTRY! Have people VOTE!80PPL.CLICK | KidPub Press //
1st Annual KidPub Cup (THE WORLD CUP...IN KIDPUB) Multi-Round Cultural CONTEST // Choose a COUNTRY! Have people VOTE!80PPL.CLICK

Posted January 11th, 2013 by JessicaK

by Jessica
in Amestris, fighting off Homunculi with Alphonse Elric and performing human transmutation.

The KidPub Cup, or the 1st Annual KidPub Cup, is a multi-round contest designed for the purpose of unlocking the true writer within you. The contest will include about eight rounds, each round consisting of a certain task related to writing in some way. There will be a number of groups which will be narrowed down as the contest continues. Each group will be assigned different writing tasks in which the individuals in the group will complete. Their entries will be judged and whatever entry I feel fits the task subject the best will move on in the contest.

Each group is assigned the title of a country in which the writers in that particular group will reflect that country's culture throughout their writing. Individuals will be able to have people "sponsor" them or vote for them, which will indeed become an advantage. All votes will be recorded and updated daily, similar to a Scoreboard. This will help in the advancement to the next round. However, entries will be solely judged based on how it meets the topic/subject/requirements of the round.

Don’t decide those in your group are your worst opponents/enemies just yet. You’ll be required at least once to do a collaboration with your teammates. From there, the groups will be narrowed down to 6 instead of 8.

As I am still deciding on countries that the groups could be based off of, I ask that if people have a question, to put it in a different reply than your entry to the contest so that you can still edit your post in case I update the countries you can choose from.

The countries you can choose from so far are as follows: United States of America (Group 1), Canada (Group 2), Australia (Group 3), Korea (Group 4), Germany (Group 5), England (Group 6), Brazil (Group 7), and Greece (Group 8).

Round One will consist of the first task, which will be the same for all of the groups. Your entry must reflect the group's culture you are in. Research on these countries is recommended to add into your writing masterpieces. One person from every group/country will be elimated from the contest. No more than 10 people per group, please. That is about 80 people total that can enter this contest. Hopefully, 80 people will want to enter. Round Two will consist of different things depending on the group you are in. No group will have the same task each round, but every person in the group will have a chance to do all the activites if they stay in the contest. The only other time, besides the first round, that every group will have the same task again is Round Five, which I will explain a bit later in this post. I will update this post every day with more information, since this IS a slightly complicated contest. Nevertheless, it will be something KP has never experienced before.

Some rounds people WILL have the same task, but not all, at the same time. This is because I need everyone to be able to have the same opportunity to do the same tasks, but it is impossible to coordinate it without at least two groups doing the same thing at one time.

This is going to be a huge contest, guys, as I said before. I will post the prizes below the charts, which of course, is going to be the biggest prizes yet. There will be 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. However, I will also include an Honorable Mention. Each Kidpubber that wins a place in the contest (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) will be awared a title as well as lots and lots of prizes.

The KidPub Cup is going to last at least a month and a half. With all the rounds that will happen, and the suspense that will build up, it will most definitely take some time. That being said, it will be intriguing and definitely one of the most breathtaking contests I've ever hosted.

I've been working on this post for a while and finally decided to post it after I touched up all the ideas. I've really wanted to hold a contest for a while. I know there are a lot of contests going on, so I hope this won't take away from those.

NEW CHART:

Country/Group (#) United States of America (1) Canada (2) Australia (3) Korea (4) Germany (5) England (6) Brazil (7) Greece (8)
Round 1 Short Story Free Write (8-10) Short Story Free Write (8-10) Short Story Free Write (8-10) Short Story Free Write (8-10) Short Story Free Write (8-10) Short Story Free Write (8-10) Short Story Free Write (8-10) Short Story Free Write (8-10)
ADVERTISING PROCESS Begin Sponsoring Begin Sponsoring Begin Sponsoring Begin Sponsoring Begin Sponsoring Begin Sponsoring Begin Sponsoring Begin Sponsoring
Round 2 Review Yourself Character Creation Fanfiction Twist Prologue/Beginning Fanfiction Twist Review Yourself Fanfiction Twist CharacterCreation
Round 3 Character Creation Review Yourself Prologue/Beginning Fanfiction Twist CharacterCreation Prologue/Beginning Review Yourself Fanfiction Twist
Collaboration (4) Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round
Round 5 Fanfiction Twist Prologue/Beginning Review Yourself Character Creation Prologue/Beginning Fanfiction Twist Prologue/Beginning Review Yourself
Collaboration (6) Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round Collaboration Round
Round 7 Prologue/Beginning Fanfiction Twist Character Creation Review Yourself Review Yourself Character Creation Character Creation Prologue/Beginning
Face-Off Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided Undecided

COLLABORATION ROUNDS~ There will be two collaboration rounds (Round 4 and Round 6). In collaboration rounds, you must work with your Country to create an original, unique piece of writing. These rounds will be the ones to narrow down the groups. More information will be given as we get closer to Round 4 and Round 6. The KidPub Cup will start with 8 groups/countries. After Round 4 (Collaboration Round), the groups will be narrowed down to 6 groups. Round 6, the groups will be cut in half once again to 3 groups. Be sure to get to know your teammates before the contest or during the contest as this will be an important part in the KidPub Cup.

GROUPS~ There will be about 10 people per group. This will leave space for about 80 people to join this contest. If there isn't 10 people entering each group, I will lower the number. However, KP, We can do this! I hope everyone will get a chance to participate in this. ^-^ 

EDIT: I've decided that I will be also listing everyone's completed entries next to their name so I can better keep track of who has turned something in and who hasn't. You have plently of time to get your entry complete, so don't rush things. Feel free to edit your entry at any time except after the deadline. 

United States of America (Group 1)- {FULL}

Memory Lost (Grace)

*Jill* {ENTRY}

Calla

Stephanie (Not sure if participating...trying to contact Stephanie)

Abbey

Luna

RiverwriterXD {ENTRY}

Alex O. {ENTRY}

Tiara S.  (Left; If you ever want to join back in before the contest starts, you're welcome to!)

Cherrybomb {ENTRY}

Lena {ENTRY}

Alexis {ENTRY EMAILED}

Canada (Group 2)-  

Tess Longmire

Epicness (Laura)

Lydia {ENTRY}

P. Snow

Rour (Ellie) {ENTRY}

Emily {ENTRY}    (If you ever deicde to come back in before the contest starts, please let me know!!)

Stacey {ENTRY EMAILED}

FreedomSalvage (Ashleigh) {ENTRY EMAILED}

Zelda Von Katskell {ENTRY}

Katniss

Australia (Group 3)- {FULL}

Tygerblossum

Fred (Max) {ENTRY}

Will

Tamber S. Silverchime

Harry {ENTRY}

Jeffrey {ENTRY}

Anais {ENTRY EMAILED}

Sam {ENTRY}

Margo Kaplan  NOT ACTIVE ON KP...Couldn't contact.

Birdsong *Grace*

Confuzzled {ENTRY}

Korea (Group 4)- {FULL}

Mistborn

Wrenfyre {ENTRY}  (Moved)

Ashley Briarwolf (TheAshWolf)

Rachel

Blue Phoenix (Logan) {ENTRY}

PrideTheArrogant {ENTRY EMAILED}

Lexington {ENTRY EMAILED}

Camikat

Hamster Heaven

Luna Sangwa {ENTRY}

Germany (Group 5)-

XX

Amber (Midnight*Infinity*)

Tori

Lily09

Danielle {ENTRY EMAILED}

Elizabeth (Lizzie) {ENTRY EMAILED}

Ally Kat

England (Group 6)- {FULL}

Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde (CAC)

Soph

Fabia

The Planetary Insomniac {ENTRY}

Grace

Quetzalcoatlus/Tygress/Rebecca

Jonnah Z. Kennedy

Halle

Jade {ENTRY EMAILED}

Jane/Firelight {ENTRY}

Brazil (Group 7)-

Will be moving to another group-

Jesse/Jesterboy {ENTRY}

Indigo Montoya

LovesEnd {ENTRY EMAILED}

Starcatcher Of Light {ENTRY EMAILED}

Greece (Group 8)- {FULL}

The Dark Calligrapher

Abbey Bominable (Left; If you ever want to join back in before the contest starts, you're welcome to!)

Nightowl0_0/Rebecca

Moonbeam

Isabel

Sravani {ENTRY}

Iluv2write

SmartAlec (Alec) {ENTRY EMAILED}

..::Saiyan::.. {ENTRY}

* FadedInfinity *

CallMeHope {ENTRY EMAILED}

POINT/VOTE SYSTEM~ Here's how the point system will work:

For every round that you complete, you will be awarded 50 points. For every supporter/voter/sponsor that you get, you will receive 5 points. Voters can only sponsor two people. Voting will start on the Advertising Process Round and I would like people who don't end up entering to become a voter, if possible. Voting is easy to do and quick. I will post the form to vote when the A.P begins. People who enter the contest, however, cannot vote or take part in supporting/voting/sponsoring.

The person with the most points and who makes it to the Face-Off will win the title of 1st place, the person with the second most amount of points and who makes it to the Face-Off will win the title of 2nd place, and so on. The only different title will be Honorable Mention. I will be hand-picking this title based on whoever I think deserves this rank the most. There will be many, many amazing writers that will enter this contest... and it will be quite hard to choose.

On every round, I will be the one to judge the entries of who to go on in the contest. Don't get discouraged. If you happen to not make it through, don't worry. This doesn't mean you're a poor writer! Of course you aren't! It's going to be hard to judge all these magnificent entries that I will receive. I will post the links to all your entries in posts containing information about the KidPub Cup. 

Votes will be counted individually, rather than as a team. Remember that you'll be working individually except for the collaboration rounds as well! ^_^ 

PRIZES~ Please know, that these prizes will not be permanent. They will only get larger, if edited.

1st Place (Winner of the KidPub Cup banner, designed by yours truly for your bio): 25 comments, 18 w/ CC, 3 book reviews, featured in my signature for a month, a poem and chapter dedicated to you,a KidPub Cup video featuring you and your entries, a custom-requested book cover, the KidPub [Golden 1st Place] Cup banner fitted to your biography, a poem written about you, and a profesionally-shot photograph of a variety of animals.

2nd Place: 15 comments, 7 w/ CC, 2 book reviews, featured/mentioned in my biography for a month, a KidPub Cup video featuring you and your entries, a poem and chapter dedicated to you, the KidPub [Silver 2nd Place] Cup banner for your biography, 

3rd Place: 10 comments, 6 w/ CC, 1 book review, featured/mentioned in my biography for three weeks, a KidPub Cup video featuring you and your entries,a poem dedicated to you, the KidPub [Bronze 3rd Place] Cup banner for your biography.

Honorable Mention: 8 comments, 3 w/ CC, an excerpt dedicated to you, a KidPub Cup video featuring you and your entries, and an Honorable Mention banner for your biography.

#1 Sponsored (Person in the contest who gains the most amount of votes and sponsors): 7 comments, 3 w/ CC, a KidPub Cup video featuring you and your entries, and a #1 Sponsored In The KidPub Cup banner for your biography

IMPORTANT~ Please note that everything that is written as Undecided in the chart above WILL be filled out very soon. I am still pondering about what task I should make for you guys. ^_^ Please bear with me and do not make that as your reason not to pick a certain group please. I will also be making the Advertising Process [Round-ish thing], which will be for you to be able to advertise and start getting contestants. PLEASE NOTE THAT I AM STILL EDITING THIS POST AND WILL BE ADDING LOTS OF INFORMATION SOON.

ENTERING & ENTRY FORM~ Anyone can enter and will be allowed to enter. There is no picking who will be in the contest. It is up to you to create a Short Story about whatever you'd like. It is a Free Write, after all. You will be required, however, to fill out an entry form letting me know just basic details such as the Country/group you'd like to be part of. Your Short Story must be at least 850 words and no longer than 2,500 words. This is just a general outline though, so I will be lenient if you go over or under the word limits slightly.

Name:

Country/Group:

Email*:

Link to Entry:

Other*:

* = Optional

If you are curious to know why I included the Email option, it is so I am able to contact you in order to receive your entry if you do not wish to post it on KP (though I recommend you do post it on KP), or if you have any questions and comments you'd rather not post. I was also planning to send out a KP Cup email, however, it is not necessary and will not information more information than what's on this post.

Please include 'For The KidPub Cup' somewhere in the title of your entry if you'd like. Post the link under Link to Entry once completed please. The first entry you will give will be the Short Story Free Write. This round is open for anyone to join. Please include something related to your country in your story. What I mean by this, is that you add in something that ties in your story with the country/group you are in. 

You can always edit in to your post the link to your entry, but please fill out the form and post it even if you haven't gotten started on your entry yet. The deadline for the Short Story Free Write (Round One of this contest) will be July 31st, 2013. I know Exams are coming up for some people, so I tried to make it quite some time away. If it isn't enough time, I will make it a later due-date.

Thank you, Abbey Bominable, for mentioning this. You will be allowed to use something you've previously written as long as it fits the requirements.

FOR THE FUTURE~ Just so everyone gets a better idea of what the rounds in the future will be, I will provide a generic summary of them. However, it will not be final. This means that I could add in a twist of some kind etc, so please don't pre-write your entries!

Review Yourself:  In this task, you will be reviewing a writing piece of your own. Since no writing is completely perfect, you will be required to critique your work with a critical eye. The aim of this task is to get writers to think more critically about their own work since as the "creators", we might not catch anything or find anything that needs improving in our masterpieces. I will be giving you a rubric and reviewing format in which you will use to critique your own work. You'll be writing a piece of any length that relates somehow to the Country you chose and then will be filling out the reviewing format. When you turn this task into me, in the future, you will be turning/posting [in] the review AND the writing piece.

Fanfiction Twist: You will be writing the first chapter of a fanfiction of some sort, but a twist will be added. What if Daniel Radcliffe and Harry Potter wasn't English/British? What if they were German and had German accents? What if Hogwarts was located in Germany and everything was so much different? In this task, you will be writing a fanfiction of your choice but will be required tie in your Country into the piece. You will not be allowed to use the example with Harry Potter and Daniel Radcliffe, but will have to create your own unique twist to the fanfiction.

*More being added soon!*

QUESTIONS~ If you have any questions or comments, please put them in your entry form and I will respond to you/update this post with the answer as soon as possible. I will be checking this post every day! If you (or someone) replies to your post, you will not be able to edit. I ask that everyone please replies to this topic rather than someone's post so everyone will be able to edit in the link to their entry.

@T.Longmire- That'll be great. Thanks for entering the KidPub Cup! Review Yourself is sort of like... reviewing one of your books. It must be detailed though and I'll provide a certain format you can use. I'll re-answer this question when I get up in the morning though. X'D *falls asleep on laptop*

@Ena/TDC & Ian/Turtle- Yep. That's right. ^_^ Anything as long as it relates to your country somehow. Thanks for entering! :D

@The Maxster- The Free Write will be what is linked into the post under 'Link to Entry' when you are done. :'D Thanks so much for entering!

@Purple Indigo (CAC)- Yes, exactly. c: Thank you for entering. ^_^

@Abbey Bominable- Sounds good. That'll be fine! :D

@XX- Yes. Somewhat. Or just a little bit. But because it is a Free Write, it can be whatever genre etc you want. (Unlike the Prologue/Beginning where you HAVE to write a Prologue or Beginning. The Free Write can be a prologue, a chapter, a short story... etc)

@Nightowl0_0- Aww, thank you. XD Yes, I spent a lot of time trying to put everything together, see how everything will work, etc. xD I hope it'll turn out great and hopefully will be something KP has never experienced before. ^_^

@Mistborn- I'd have to see, since I know TheAshWolf wanted either Korea or Germany, so I don't know which she is going to choose. XD I'll ask her later today and get that settled. Don't worry! :)

DEDICATION~ This contest is dedicated to the Tophatson Family-- JessicaK, Max, Ash, and [Sandy]. _[™]_   _[]_  Top-hat-son. :') Top-hats-on.

EDIT: The deadline has been extended to July 31st, 2013.

See more stories by Jessica
  Name: Tess

Name: Tess Longmire

Country/Group: Canada (2)

Email*: Contact me via my contact tab :)

Link to Entry: (Will edit)

Other*: I might be busy, but hopefully I'll post my entries on the weekends and stuff :) Is that okay? I'll post my first entry tonight or tomorrow...

Question: What's "Review Yourself?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Then we we need to unite..

It's just a Game

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/gifted-game-prologue-edited-1...

Posted by T.Longmire on Tue, 03/26/2013 - 09:03
Name: The Dark

Name: The Dark Calligrapher

Country/Group: Greece/Group 8

Email*: abigail@familywebmail.net WARNING WILL BE DELETED LATER

Link to Entry: So lemme get this straight- it can be anything, but has to relate to our group's country's culture?

Other*: ^_^ XP

May your fires burn ever bright,
EnaOfTheFlames

Posted by Ena/TDC & Ian/Turtle on Fri, 01/11/2013 - 22:18
Name:  Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde

Name:  Dr. Jeckle/Mr. Hyde (hmmm...)

Country/Group: ENGLAND!

Email*: you've got it...

Link to Entry:

Other*: So this could be a fictional story about something that happened ith the Country's history (eg. Wars, Olympics, etc.)

*~Purple Indigo~*

Posted by Purple Indigo (CAC) on Fri, 01/11/2013 - 23:07
Oh my gosh this sounds so

Oh my gosh this sounds so cool! My mom is waiting on me so I didn't have time to read the whole post, so I'll read that later. :)

Name: Lydia

Country/Group: Canada

Email*: You have it. ^_^

Link to Entry: Click Here!!!

Other*: Um... this sounds awesome and good luck with it! :D

-----

Please check out Life Against Death (previously Untitled): http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/untitled-story-prolouge-20811...

And please get an awesome book cover (for free): http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3053

~~Lydia~~

Posted by Read_Write on Tue, 02/26/2013 - 19:37
Name:

Name: Tygerblossum

Country/Group: Australia!!!! Wooo!

Email*:

Link to Entry: (Will edit when written)

Other*: It may take me a while to post my entries, but I will try as HARD as possible to post it on time :D

Cant wait to do this!!

All it takes is a spark...

Posted by Tygerblossum on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 03:08
Name: Ummm...Fred. ._.

Name: Ummm...Fred. ._. (*laughs at self*) But it is Max.

Country/Group: Australia (3)

Email*: Sorry, not available and allowed.

Link to Entry: skfkkzjajdjkslsk HAVENT FINISHED YET

Other*: Is the 'Link to Entry' for the Free Write or the actual Entry? ^_^ AND THANKS FOR DEDICATING IT TO US EPIK BROTHERS AND SISTERS! :3

~Only Australians make the best pavlovas--that is because that is the only place where they make it.~

Posted by The Maxster on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 05:15
Name: Wrenfyre

Name: Wrenfyre

Country/Group: Greece (8)

Email*:

Link to Entry: Not posted yet

Other*: Can't Wait!

GG-Go Greece!

Posted by Arin on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 07:50
Yes! GO GREECE! :D May your

Yes! GO GREECE! :D

May your fires burn ever bright,
EnaOfTheFlames

Posted by Ena/TDC & Ian/Turtle on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 11:16
Oh yeah! *waves giant greek

Oh yeah! *waves giant greek flag*

For Posiedon, Ares, Hera, Zeus, Hades, and PJ!

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 11:22
Yep! (Sorry, I HAD to reply.

Yep!

(Sorry, I HAD to reply. XD)

May your fires burn ever bright,
EnaOfTheFlames

Posted by Ena/TDC & Ian/Turtle on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 11:47
Man...I wrote a story, but

Man...I wrote a story, but it's 5500 words ish. Way over the limit. I'll have to think of something else.

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 14:23
NAME: Why of course, Dirko

NAME: Why of course, Dirko Haskins! (you can call me Flat if you want)

COUNTRY/GROUP: Group One, America!

LINK TO ENTRY: [TO BE EDITED]

OTHER: Man, it's been forever since I did a contest like this. Let's win it!

Posted by Flat Soda on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 11:05
Sorry, I accidentally

Sorry, I accidentally commented. >.<

-----

~~Lydia~~

Posted by Read_Write on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 21:39
This sounds like an epic

This sounds like an epic contest! I'll definitely enter!

Name: Abbey Bominable

Country/Group: Greece #8

Email*: xCuteMummyGirl65x@gmail.com 

Link to Entry: Will put in later

Other*: Sorry if you already mentioned this, but can we use something we already wrote if it fits the round requirements? And does it matter if our short story is fiction or non-fiction?

Please enter my genre contest! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/genre-contest-please-enter-17...

Posted by BriannaH on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 11:24
Probably a girl that moved

Probably a girl that moved from the USA to Greece, where she finds out that she's destined to be a monster hunter and goes off fighting mythological monsters. I don't know for sure...

Posted by SnowyOwl (Abbey... on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 11:33
If I may, Tophatson can be

If I may, Tophatson can be Top-hat-son like you said, or it could be Top-hats-on. XD

May your fires burn ever bright,
EnaOfTheFlames

Posted by Ena/TDC & Ian/Turtle on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 11:49
Oh yeah, you're right! It

Oh yeah, you're right! It can also be Top-hats-on. XD *goes to change* Thank you! :'3

Book I | Chapter One * Bringing Humanity Back *NEW* Chapter One is finally out!

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 11:59
Yep. |______|:-[D May your

Yep. |______|:-[D

May your fires burn ever bright,
EnaOfTheFlames

Posted by Ena/TDC & Ian/Turtle on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 12:03
Name: XX Country/Group:

Name: XX

Country/Group: Germany. LIKE A BOSS.

Email*:

Link to Entry: I'll be posting it later, soon.

Other*: Wait, but does the free-write entry have to have anything to do with your chosen country?

Posted by XX on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 12:37
I will for sure be editing

I will for sure be editing this -.-

Name: Moonbeam

Country/Group: USA, I think. 

Email*: meh. I'll be posting on kidpub.

Link to Entry: [will be editing]

Other*: Um. Nep.

So, I don't really understand the contest at all. I just know there's writing. Can you explain it more simply... to me? Thanks!

~Moonbeam~ ~Check out my Hunger Games FanFic!~ http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/forty-third-annual-hunger-gam...

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 13:28
I apologize for replying,

I apologize for replying, because then you can't exactly edit the post... but here is basically the contest explained more simply. I know it is quite complicated-sounding. XD

There are 8 groups. You choose a group you want to be in (not necessarily the country you live in or anything xD). This is what you'll be basing your writing off of. You must have some sort of SOMETHING about this certain country. Since you chose the USA, for example, in your writing, you'll have to incorporate the theme of the USA or something related to the USA somewhere in there. People can support/sponser you by casting a vote for you too. This will help you get to the next round, but entries are still soley judged depending on how much I believe they meet the requirements etc. The chart shows the rounds and what task you'll be assigned depending on what group you choose.

If you have any more questions, please let me know. ^_^

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 14:13
yeah. is Jan 30th the

yeah. is Jan 30th the deadline for the first entry (the one about the 'USA'), or the whole contest?

...so confused...

You know what, just tell me what to write, and I'll do it! >.<

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 14:38
The first entry. The Short

The first entry. The Short Story Free Write, is due January 30th. Each round will have a different deadline.

It's up to you to choose what your Short Story Free Write will be about, but you have to put something about the USA in it. Maybe it takes place in New York? Maybe you're at the Grand Canyon...or maybe it's during a war including the U.S.A. It's up to you, but see how you have to relate to the Country? Hope this clears it up. Sorry about that. x'D

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 15:00
Thank you.  Perfect. I'm

Thank you. 

Perfect.

I'm in.

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 19:22
May my place please be

May my place please be changed to Greece? I would like to be greece, not USA. ^_^ thanks

~Moonbeam~ ~Check out this EPIC story by Epicness (Laura)~ http://www.kidpub.com/story/wasp-hill-valley-prologue-comment-2185125372

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 21:05
Hmm? ~Moonbeam~ ~Check out

Hmm?

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Mon, 01/14/2013 - 13:06
I still haven't been placed

I still haven't been placed to Greece. I would like to be placed to Greece promptly.

Thanks. ^_^

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Wed, 01/16/2013 - 22:00
I apologize about that. I

I apologize about that. I saw "1 new" under my track and kept looking for where the post was, and I didn't see your post. I'm so sorry. You have been moved to Greece now! Sorry about that again. ^_^

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 07:09
It's fine! I thought that

It's fine! I thought that was happening!

Thanks so much ^_^

~Moonbeam~ Do you want your book made into a movie?! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/bam-do-you-want-your-book-mad... ~Check out this EPIC story by Epicness (Laura)~ http://www.kidpub.com/sto

Posted by Moonbeam (stella) on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 11:40
  GO USA!!!

GO USA!!! :D

-----

~~Lydia~~

Posted by Lydia on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 16:46
Hey Lydia just wondering if

Hey Lydia just wondering if you got the WRITICA thing. If not, check your email :)

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 16:49
I just replied.

I just replied. :D

-----

~~Lydia~~

Posted by Lydia on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 16:58
So you can do a prologue for

So you can do a prologue for this?

May your fires burn ever bright,
EnaOfTheFlames

Posted by Ena/TDC & Ian/Turtle on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 14:23
I guess, since that could be

I guess, since that could be considered a short story. I'd prefer a short story, if possible, but I guess since it's a free write... Prologues for the Free Write are alright as well. ^_^ So, yes. But it has to have at least something to do with your Country. XD

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 14:35
What's the word limit again?

What's the word limit again? I wrote a story that's  5500 words....Is that ok? Or is it too long,

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 15:23
Wow. o: That's fine!

Wow. o: That's fine! Originally, it was supposed to be 2,500... but I'll accept 5,500 too. XD I'm pretty lenient. :3 Thank you so much for entering! I can't wait to read it!

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by JessicaK on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 15:26
K I posted.

K I posted.

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 15:31
If you could edit in the

If you could edit in the link to your post as well, that would be great-- just so I can keep track better of everything. c: Thank you so much!

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 15:37
On here? Write a comment on

On here? Write a comment on here with a link?

Sorry, I'm confused.

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 15:42
Yes, please. c: Sorry for

Yes, please. c: Sorry for confusing you.

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 15:46
LOL It's
Posted by Arin on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 16:00
I noticed this

I noticed this late!!!Argh!!!

Okay.....

Name: Epicness (Laura)

Country/Group: CANAAAAAADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (2)

Email*: lauraf11@cbemail.ca

Link to Entry: Coming soon to an NSP near you.............

Other*: Okay, I sincerely hope I'll be able to do this!!! :DD 'll ''ll

~A daughter is stolen by the Monastery, sent to live in a place where she will never again see the daylight. But she's different...and determined to find out how to overthrow the Deedwriter and bring back her enslaved parents...Have You Heard?

Posted by Epicness (Laura) on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 20:17
Whoa! This is awesome, and I

Whoa! This is awesome, and I can't believe it took me this long to discover this post. You have put a lot of thought into this, as everyone can tell, and this has got to be the best idea on Kidpub yet. Great job:)

Name: NightOwl0_0/Rebecca

Country/Group: Greece

Email*:

Link to Entry:

Other*:

Posted by NightOwl0_0 (a ... on Sat, 01/12/2013 - 21:17
I don't understand the 8-10

I don't understand the 8-10 thing on your grid for the first round, or the voting thing. Could you explain?

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 08:25
Sure thing. There will be

Sure thing. There will be about 8-10 people in each group so I wrote 8-10 there for the first round. The voting thing, also known as the Advertising Process, is sort of like...a way to get further advancement into the contest. You'll be solely judged on your entries, however, people voting for you and getting you points will be what will determine first, second, and third when you're in the Face-Off. Though, I will judge the entries to give my opinion, it's up to you to get points to give you an advantage. This isn't an unfair advantage since anyone can easily ask someone to spare a vote for you or you can. ^_^ The Advertising Process round-ish-thing will give you and all the groups/Countries opportunities to start getting supporters/sponsers/voters. Here, you will advertise around however you want to persuade people why they should vote for you, rather than someone else. Each person you get to vote for you will earn you 5 points. Each time you turn in an entry, you'll get 50 points. In the Face-Off, the person who has the most points (points from turning in entries and getting supporters/sponsers/voters/etc), will win the title of First Place...but also, I will have a say in the winner. It's hard to explain. Getting people to vote for you, however, is not mandatory. It just helps you. ^_^

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 08:45
Ok then....I've got to get

Ok then....I've got to get going on getting sponsers/voters. I posted my story first, so I kinda have a head start....

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 08:53
Are the votes counted for

Are the votes counted for the group as a whole, or just for you.

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 08:55
I guess so. I need to post

I guess so. I need to post something about all the rules and clear that up first though before we get into starting the Advertising Process. ^_^ You can have in mind who you want to ask or advertise to. Votes are counted individually.

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by JessicaK on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 08:56
Sorry, double post. X^D I

Sorry, double post. X^D I will clear everything up and all questions prior to the beginning of the Advertising Process.

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by JessicaK on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 08:58
Can we start now?

Can we start now?

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 09:00
Well, I'd prefer not,

Well, I'd prefer not, because some people haven't even started on their entry. If it's alright, you can have in mind and plan out what you will do for the Advertising Process round, but you'll be allowed to start after Round One has finished. Round One is going to narrow down people in each group. One person from every group will be cut, so we can't start on the next round until the first round has finished. xD ^_^

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 09:03
Ok then. Time to start

Ok then. Time to start plotting and thinking....

Posted by SeaOrc (Arin) on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 09:05
Is the entry the short story

Is the entry the short story or something else? Can you explain the entry? Is it part of the contest?

Posted by NightOwl0_0 (a ... on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 11:21
The entry that is due

The entry that is due January 31st is the Short Story Free Write. You can write it about anything you want, as long as something in it relates to the country you chose. Maybe  one of the characters are Greek, since your country is Greece. Or... they eat Greek food or something. XD That sort of thing.The Short Story Free Write is part of the contest, yes. After the deadline, I will cut one person from every group. ^_^

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 11:40
Name:

Name: Mistborn

Country/Group: Korea

Email*: Contact me via the Contact tab on my bio

Link to Entry: WIP

Other*: Since no one else has signed up for Korea, can we change it to Japan? I know more about Japan, but I'm fine with Korea, too.

Posted by Mistborn on Sun, 01/13/2013 - 12:20
I know aabout BOTH. I lived

I know aabout BOTH.

I lived in Japan 4 almost 8 yrs.

My parents are Korean.

Blah.

Posted by Hamster Heaven ... on Wed, 06/05/2013 - 22:17
D: But...I signed up for

D: But...I signed up for Korea, tooooo....multiple people have...

~~~

"The whisper was right...they forgot about her." —Heroes of Our Generation, by Kendra

Posted by TheAshWolf on Thu, 06/06/2013 - 00:57
  Name: Will Country/Group:

Name: Will

Country/Group: Australia

Email:

Link to Entry: Will give to you when done

Other:

This sounds like fun!

Posted by Will on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 02:49
  Name:

Name: Soph.

Country/Group: England. :D

Email*: No thanks. 

Link to Entry: Oh dip. Um. I will edit. e__e

Other*: Nope.

"Today is the tomorrow we were worried about yesterday."-- Unknown

Posted by soph-soph27 on Sun, 02/24/2013 - 21:36
So I got the email, so sure,

So I got the email, so sure, why not? And it seems awesome so.

Name: Jesse/Jesterboy

Country/Group: Brazil. Hah, I'm alone. >__>

Email*: y2019jesguz@yarmouthschools.org. Or just use my contact tab.

Link to Entry: N/A

Other*: Nope

Posted by Jesse on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 18:02
Question. I'm confused about

Question. I'm confused about we're all on a team, but then there can only be one winner?

Posted by Jesterboy on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 18:19
Each regular round, the

Each regular round, the people in each group will be narrowed down. Round 1: One person is cut from every group. Collaboration rounds narrow down the groups. 8 -> 6 -> 3. In the Face-Off, there will be one person in each group and 3 groups will be left. That will determine 1st, 2nd, 3rd based on points and the entry you turn in. Hope this helps!

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 18:58
Okay, thank you. :3

Okay, thank you. :3

Posted by Jesterboy on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 19:23
Name: P. Snow Country/Group:

Name: P. Snow

Country/Group: Canada

Email: You already have it   ^_^

LInk to Entry: Didn't do it yet

~~

The past is the past, and you can't change it. You can change the future, though. So why do teachers always yak at us on how bad we did on tests? They should be preparing us for the future. -Me :)

Posted by President Snow ... on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 19:48
  Name: Raven  

Name: Raven

Country/Group: United States of America (Group 1)

Link to entry: ........ you'll see when it appears in the comments.......... *backs into a dark corner dramatically*

You have reached the voicemail of: "I don't understand, why do you want me to say my name?"

Posted by Raven & Willow ... on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 19:56
  Name:

Name: Stephanie 

Country/Group: 'Murica for the win!!! XDDD

Email*: stephaniep9@verizon.net

Link to Entry: I'll be posting this... later...

Other*: This is a super cool idea ^^ I can tell that you've put a lot of work into this :D

http://i46.tinypic.com/4ftmix.png ~~Please check out my website: www.thatgirlwiththenotebook.weebly.com~~

Posted by Stephanie on Thu, 01/17/2013 - 22:59
QUESTION:   Where you said

QUESTION:

Where you said that we had to mention our country... can our main character live in that country? Or be of that nationality??

Posted by Stephanie on Fri, 01/18/2013 - 18:55
Yes. c: Book I | Chapter One

Yes. c:

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Wed, 02/27/2013 - 07:12
I would join, but I tend to

I would join, but I tend to be busy a lot, and probably would miss a lot of deadlines... :(

Plus, I don't know which country to join, and I doubt anyone would want me to join their group anyway :P

Please read my Harry Potter Fan Fiction, Bad Girls Do It Well: http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/bad-girls-do-it-well-new-harr...

Posted by Rour (Ellie) on Sun, 01/20/2013 - 18:28
That's not true. I'm sure

That's not true. I'm sure everyone would want you in your group. Just pick whichever country you want to write about, pretty much. ^_^

I'm going to be extending deadlines or having long deadlines a lot in this contest (since there is going to be a lot of people) so business is not a problem. I'd love for you to join and be a part of the KP Reunion in a contest.  I think you should try and see what happens. :'D 

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 01/20/2013 - 18:55
Ok... I'll enter!

Ok... I'll enter! :D

Name: Rour (Ellie)

Country/Group:   Hmm... How about Canada?

Email*: rourthedragon24@verizon.net   Or check my contact tab.

Link to Entry: Ummm... I still have to write this :P  I shall try to edit it in later, but I may have to reply to this comment instead.

Other*:  I am fine with any of the countries, so if you need more people for a certain group, I would be cool with switching.

Posted by Rour (Ellie) on Sun, 01/20/2013 - 19:11
Canada YAY! *glomps* You're

Canada YAY! *glomps* You're with me! I'm happy to have you on my team. you seem cool :3

"I'm just a comedy all wrapped up." ~ Me

Posted by Kyson (Tess) on Mon, 01/21/2013 - 14:54
YAYS! Another member! :D ~A

YAYS! Another member! :D

Posted by Epicness (Laura) on Mon, 01/21/2013 - 21:39
... I stil dont get it. So,

... I stil dont get it.

So, my country is Australia, do I have to write about something that happpened in Austrlia? Or can my character just be Australian and nothing else in the story is Australian?

All it takes is a spark...

Posted by Tygerblossum on Sun, 01/20/2013 - 20:24
You can do either one. As

You can do either one. As long as your story reflects Australia in some way. Having your character be Australian (maybe using some slang or something) reflects your country and so does something that happened in Australia. Maybe your character eats a special Australian food. All of those are incorporating your country. ^_^

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 01/20/2013 - 21:23
Thanks for clearing that up

Thanks for clearing that up :)

I have two ideas.... now which one?

(Do you get more points for including more about your country, or does it not matter how much about your country you put in?)

All it takes is a spark...

Posted by Tygerblossum on Mon, 01/21/2013 - 00:24
You're welcome. For the

You're welcome.

For the first round, I do not believe so. I'm still deciding whether or not I should do that, but that makes the contest more complicated, so I'm not sure yet. For this round, however, it will not matter how much about your country you put in.

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Mon, 01/21/2013 - 13:08
Thanks so much for letting

Thanks so much for letting me know. Now I can start my entry. XD

EDIT: Wait.... if my story takes place in another country, but links back to australia (my country), does that still count?

All it takes is a spark...

Posted by Tygerblossum on Tue, 01/22/2013 - 00:20
I guess it could. Yes. Since

I guess it could. Yes. Since it links back to Australia- the country you're in.

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Tue, 01/22/2013 - 07:42
I iz currently working on my

I iz currently working on my entry.

__________
"Zzz.... yummy mushrooms... zzz...." -Flipper Turtle, Strolling in the Forest (http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/read-if-you-turtles-if-not-st...)

Posted by Magyk (TDC & Turtle) on Mon, 01/21/2013 - 18:17
Alright. I can't wait to

Alright. I can't wait to read it when you finish! (As with everyone's entries :D)

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by Jessica on Mon, 01/21/2013 - 21:37
Okay, I will enter, but I'm

Okay, I will enter, but I'm going to have to decide which country. :P

Art is the weapon. Imagination the ammunition. Stay strong, and stay dirty. Create and destroy as you see fit.

Posted by Planetary Insom... on Tue, 01/22/2013 - 17:25
Awesome, alright! You have

Awesome, alright! You have plenty of time as the deadline was now extended to March 16th, 2013. I hope everyone isn't annoyed that I keep extending the deadline, but I have only gotten one or two entries and the more time I give, we can allow even more to join so we can reach that 80-KP'er mark. ^_^" 

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by JessicaK on Tue, 02/05/2013 - 20:13
Okay, here you go. My entry

Okay, here you go. My entry is still in progress. XD

Name: The Planetary Insomniac

Country/Group: England

Email*:

Link to Entry: /inprogress

Other*: I had a question... but I can't remember, so nope. XD

Posted by ThePlanetaryIns... on Mon, 02/11/2013 - 10:43
Can I join, please?  For

Can I join, please?  For the USA!!!  =)

A link in space, a hole in time. It may be when worlds collide. Maybe I am wrong, maybe I am right. No matter what we stand together, I know you're my friend forever. ~Me

Posted by FrostBittenKitten on Tue, 02/05/2013 - 20:25
Of course. Just fill out the

Of course. Just fill out the form please and you'll be good to go. :'D You can always edit the form with the link to your entry later on. 

*~Click here to read!~*

Posted by JessicaK on Tue, 02/05/2013 - 20:28
Name: Indigo

Name: Indigo Montoya

Country/Group: Brazil

Email*:

Link to Entry: Is working on

Other*: I haven't written anything yet but I wanted to save a spot for myself, okay?

Posted by Indigo Montoya ... on Wed, 02/06/2013 - 10:48
Name: Fabia Country/Group:

Name: Fabia

Country/Group: England

Email*:

Link to Entry: Not on yet.

Other 

Is the story about the country?

Please read my Skyrim Fanfiction! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/dovahkin-chapter-1-skyrim-fan... Book Covers!!! http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3051

Posted by Fabia on Wed, 02/06/2013 - 12:41
Name: Luna Country/Group:

Name: Luna

Country/Group: USA

Email: (is this required?)

Link to entry: Not on yet, either.

Other: N/A

Posted by LunaTheArcticFox on Wed, 02/06/2013 - 20:24
Um, JessikaK, FBK and Luna

Um, JessikaK, FBK and Luna are the same person.  (Which, btw is me.)

Posted by LunaTheArcticFox on Sat, 02/09/2013 - 15:41