/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Adventures of Rose; Hogwarts: Lessons | KidPub Press //
The Adventures of Rose; Hogwarts: Lessons

Posted March 5th, 2021 by Rose

by Rose
in Maharashtra

Lessons

Well, I didn’t actually sleep my I pretty much lay in bed the whole night wondering … a lot of things here are the top three:

How am I going to face the school?

Will I be any good at lessons?

Will I make any friends?

Listen I explained to myself popularity and what others think of you doesn’t matter. All you can do in lessons is try your best right? well my resolve ended there. Friends and grades are REALLY important to me. Then suddenly I had the answer to one of those two questions. Delphi was some how calling me from outside the house room and I could hear yet no one else could. Weird. So, I went out on the way I realized she was probably using Legilimency well I that was seriously creepy. I mentally shouted GET OUT OF MY HEAD THAT IS SO CREEPY! Well apparently, I just had discovered a new way to use occlumency because when I went out, she explained that after that outburst she couldn’t hear a thing it was plain blank. After that we talked for a while and at 12: 00 I decided it was way past bedtime, and finally actually slept after going up to the girl’s dormitory of course. The next day was the first day of classes. Surprisingly it turned out I was really good at all the subjects. It only took me about 5 seconds to get the hang of any skill. Within a few weeks I was already at level 5 skills. Then one day as I was heading back to the Slytherin class (my last class of the day was potions that day so …) Professor Snape told me that he had to talk to me before I began my homework which I told him I finished in study hall and between classes. Due to my advanced level, I mostly did independent practices with a deadline whatever I couldn’t finish became homework. Professor Snape explained I wasn’t in trouble it was just that since I was so advanced and exams were coming up anyway it was the opinion of the 4 house teachers that instead of taking exams like everyone else, I take my Newts (I took my OWLS somewhere around midterms). Well, that sent me into a mental spiral, but I said ok and went to study. When I told this to Delphi, she said that she thought I was worrying for no reason (yes, she said that I am not kidding). She is a good friend and probably right. I told myself what I do every time before exams I WILL DO GREAT.

See more stories by Rose
I am so sorry if it feels

I am so sorry if it feels like i am rushing it is just i myself am 12 and it would be way easier for me if rose was the same age and not 1 year younger than me

Also i really do have my exams next week and realized it would be a great way to make the feeling my charecter has be authentic 

Magically,

Rose

Posted by Rose on Fri, 03/05/2021 - 15:13
That is all right. I hope

That is all right. I hope you do well on your exams. 

__________________________________________________________________

It's not just a matter of truting yourself but testing your abilities -  Joseph Sugarman

Posted by Ryoko on Mon, 03/08/2021 - 15:58
Rose being a first year and

Rose being a first year and advanced enough to be able to do Occlumency and to take O.W.Ls and N.E.W.Ts doesn't make sense to me, I'm sorry. Reconsider if that's believable.

I love how Professor Snape is basically her house head. He keeps having to talk to her, and he's making an effort to be kind--not something he does a lot in the books for students who aren't Slytherin. Interesting! 

I'm happy that Delphi and Rose are closer! 

How'd you do on exams, irl Rose?

Posted by Tía Snow on Tue, 03/09/2021 - 12:44
First of all the occlumency

First of all the occlumency thing was completly accidental

Also she is closer to being a second year than 1st year because as i explained i am 12 so i am kinda rushing this

As to the OWLS and NEWTS i was going to add this into a conversation she has later but she techniclally more like a 5th year since she has been reading and memorizing the spells/potions in the harry potter books since she was 9 and she is 12 now plus once actually in school she went to the library a lot and studied the future class lessons ahead of time (i was going to make that she stayed up till like 4 am studing the future lesson plans

Lastly THANK YOU for noticing the friendship thing with delphi and proffesor snape being nice those are the 2 poits i am most focusing on

As to the reason proffesor snape is nice to her it complicated i haven't decided it yet

Also she doesn't have a head of house

Magically,

Rose

Posted by Rose on Tue, 03/09/2021 - 14:27
Thank you for all the well

Thank you for all the well wishes

So far i have been doing good on my exams

Posted by Rose on Tue, 03/09/2021 - 14:16