/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Aftertale: Sans (Chapter 6) | KidPub Press //
Aftertale: Sans (Chapter 6)

Aftertale: Sans (Chapter 6)

Posted September 1st, 2018 by CatKeeper

by CatKeeper
in My Little Fantasy Worlds

Okay, here we go again!

Ships are getting closer to the docks! I don't want to release too much of this at once, but I sat down for like two hours and just worked on this, so now I have a lot more chapters than I do days to release them on. My point is, the ship has been confirmed on one end... not saying which one. But it's there. This chapter will probably tell you which end... I don't know, it's hard to say if it will when I already know and have known for a while.

To be expected from this chapter: Ship (like I said), a confirmed villain or two, and some conflict! Whee!

Sans

When Frisk grabbed my wrist, I panicked.

I don’t know why. Some part of me just freaked out. So I did what I do best. Well, most of the time.

I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I was on my mattress in my room. Frisk was in the corner, tapping at her phone. She didn’t notice I was awake, so I pulled out my own phone and sent her a quick text.

S: Hey kid, you know I don’t like it when you’re on your phone all the time, but Wi-Fight it?

I heard her laugh, and I grinned. She sent me a smiley face, so I kept ‘em coming.

S: Why don’t you ever see hippopotamuses hiding in trees?

F: Why not?

S: Because they’re really good at it.

S: Oh, and my friend recently got crushed by a pile of books. He’s only got his shelf to blame.

F: :D

This went on for a while until she stopped laughing, slowly. I turned my phone off and turned around to face her. I sat up on my bed.

“Hey, did I stop being funny, or is something wrong?” I asked her.

She set her phone down on the ground as well. “I started thinking about yesterday…”

Hoo boy.

“And, um… if you don’t want to talk about whatever it is that’s… off… that’s fine. Just… if you figure out what’s wrong, I’m here, okay? And I know Papyrus would say the same.” She paused. “I don’t know what’s up with that lady, too, but-”

I cut her off. “Myers! Of course! I forgot to tell you… D.R.A.K.E. isn’t what she said it was. It’s an organization working to send monsters back to the Underground.”

“What?” Frisk’s eyes filled with concern.

“Pap and I went to the library, and I looked up D.R.A.K.E. on the computer. It’s fairly new, but they’ve already got a lot of members.”

Frisk rubbed her forehead. “All those questions she asked me… do you think…”

I quickly realized where she was going with this. I stuck my head out the door. “The kiddo and I are going to the library!” I yelled. “We’ll be back in just a minute!”

“SANS? ARE YOU AWAKE?” Papyrus called back.

I ignored him and grabbed Frisk’s hand. “I know you don’t like these, but we gotta get there fast,” I told her. Gathering my magic, I took one of my shortcuts to the library.

Frisk stumbled against a desk the second we got there.

“Sorry, kiddo,” I apologized. “This just has to be fast.”

I brought Frisk to a computer and searched up D.R.A.K.E. again, not even bothering to sit down. As the site loaded, Frisk looked up at me. “Sans… I’m sixteen. You don’t have to call me ‘kiddo’ anymore.”

I gave her a gentle smile. “I guess old habits die hard.”

That was when I realized I was still holding her hand. “Uh, sorry,” I said, pulling away. Her expression changed ever so slightly when I did so, but I wasn’t sure what it was.

Nor was I sure exactly why my face was heating up.

I took a deep breath and turned my attention back to the computer. Frisk’s interview was already on the site, along with some other details Myers had added.

For four months, monsters have been living with humans. They seem to have put on a good face for us, but is it really who they are inside?

I was wondering if monsters were really as innocent as they seem, so I asked both humans and monsters about the changes to their lives with the monsters now living among us people. Most explained to me that their lives had changed for the worst.

King Asgore and Queen Toriel have assured humans that they have no intentions of harming any humans. But with a little more digging, in a private interview, King Asgore admitted to murdering six human children who happened to fall down Mt. Ebbot and into their previous home, the ‘Underground.’

Afterward, King Asgore could also not prove he was planning on using the children’s ‘Souls’ to break the barrier sealing monsterkind underneath the Mt. Ebbot. This could potentially somewhat justify the monster’s actions, but no monster could claim to have any memory of the barrier being broken after the seventh human child, Frisk Dreemurr, faced King Asgore.

I was curious about this child, so I headed to her current place of living and requested to ask her a few questions.

I began with a simple question, asking if she lived with the two skeletons who had greeted me at the door.

Frisk explained to me that she happened to live with the King and Queen of Monsters, none other than the two who had brutally killed six other children! I wondered to myself if the two’s intentions were harmful, but Frisk claimed the King and Queen were kind to her. The child should fear for her safety, in my opinion, for who knows when the monsters may begin to go back to their child-killing instincts.

In the meantime, a second question was bothering me. I inquired to Frisk if she was comfortable living with two monsters who both appear to be male.

She firmly told me the three have been friends for a long time, but throughout answering the question became nervous and appeared to be hiding something.

Tell me, readers, what are your thoughts on this matter? Do you believe humans are in danger because of the monsters? After all, the definition of a monster is ‘a creature that is typically frightening.’

Ask yourselves this question: Are monsters our friends-or foes?

Article by Bethany Myers, D.R.A.K.E. executive

After we had finished reading the article, I was outraged. “‘Fear for your safety?’ ‘Child-killing instincts?’ What is this lady, a living hyperbole?”

I chose not to mention the entire part about ‘living with two male monsters,’ but Frisk had other ideas. “When… when she asked me about… living with you guys… I just panicked! I didn’t know what to do, so I got really nervous… and now it looks like you did something awful, or I’m hiding something, and, and…”

“Hey, hey, kiddo. Calm down. It’s okay.” I wrapped my arms around her, and she held me for a while, taking deep, shuddering breaths.

When she finally pulled away, I looked her dead in the eyes and said, “Nothing in this article is your fault. This lady is the single reason monsters have any trace of a bad rep around here. She just took what you said and exaggerated it so it sounds bad. You’re gonna be fine. We’re all gonna be okay. None of this is anywhere near your fault.”

Frisk took one more deep breath and sighed. “Okay.”

“Now, listen. We’re gonna go home, and we don’t have to take a shortcut if you don’t want to, and I’m gonna call Toriel and Asgore. They’ll take care of Myers.”

Frisk nodded, and we headed out of the library. We walked home in silence.

By the way, I'm stupidly proud of the article. I shouldn't be. But I am. I spent way too much time on that article.
Coming next time: A tiny bit of Frisk's life before falling, Papyrus tries a new recipe, and Sans freaks out over cheese! (Don't ask. You'll find out.)
For now, CatKeeper out.~

See more stories by CatKeeper
nice way to make sure you

nice way to make sure you don't get your computer traced: do ur research aT THE LIBRARY

the ships are beginning to move. the tide is rising fast :D

ur sans is a good anxious/narcolepsy sans

____________________________________________________________

Posted by *Snow* on Sun, 09/02/2018 - 20:36
Um um um why would they

Um um um why would they call themselves that outwardly if they have the website up?

-cin

Posted by Cinnamon on Fri, 09/28/2018 - 15:21