/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ Aftertale: Sans (Chapter 8) | KidPub Press //
Aftertale: Sans (Chapter 8)

Aftertale: Sans (Chapter 8)

Posted September 7th, 2018 by CatKeeper

by CatKeeper
in My Little Fantasy Worlds

Hai! I finally came up with more plot for the next chapters, so here we are!

Summary time: THe sHiP Has aRRIvEd AT thE DoCK! One of our passengers is now on board! YEEAH! Also, Frisk encounters a problem, Papyrus gets attacked? Maybe. We don't quite know yet. Finally, UNDYNE'S HERE! NNNGGAH!

Okay. Here we go.

Sans

The second I heard knocking, I quietly yelped, “Don’t answer it!”

Papyrus was already by the door. “WHY NOT, BROTHER?” He asked. “IT’S PROBABLY JUST THE HUMAN!”

I winced. “Pap, we just went over this…”

“WELL, YOU HAVE TO FACE HER EVENTUALLY.”

Papyrus opened the door. I pulled my hoodie over my head, preparing for the worst.

“THERE’S NO ONE HERE?” Papyrus’s shocked voice caused me to peer out from my jacket. I walked over to the door.

My case lay on the ground. “Huh?!?” I gasped, grabbing it. I opened it to find seven stacks left, along with a bunch of strewn money at the bottom. There still might be enough left. Holy crud.

“WAIT-YOU DIDN’T THINK I TOOK ALL OF IT, DID YOU?” Papyrus asked me.

I realized I hadn’t considered the fact that Papyrus only needed so much. He was just trying to make good food, he wouldn’t be wasteful.

“Heh…” I said quietly. “Sorry, Paps.”

“IT IS ALRIGHT, SANS.” Papyrus sat down. “BUT… WHERE IS THE HUMAN?”

I looked up from the case. Oh. Right.

I closed the case, teleported to my lab, and left the case in there. I then teleported back to Papyrus and leaned over the railing. “Kiddo? You down there?”

No response.

“I don’t think she’s here, Pap…” I turned back to him. I was kind of grateful, but at the same time, I was concerned for her.

Papyrus wrapped an arm around me. “I’M SURE SHE’S FINE. FRISK CAN TAKE CARE OF HERSELF. COME HERE, WE CAN FINISH OUR TALK NOW!”

“I…” I became uncomfortable rapidly. “I don’t really want to.”

“SANS, YOU’LL NEVER WANT TO IF YOU DON’T TALK TO PEOPLE ABOUT THIS! COME.” Papyrus grabbed me, tossing me over his shoulder.

I started to protest and struggle, but I knew even if I teleported away Papyrus would come looking for me, and we would eventually have this conversation whether I wanted to or not, and Papyrus knew it.

I sighed as Papyrus put me down on the couch. “I just… I know she doesn’t think about me like that.”

Papyrus sat beside me. “DON’T GET YOUR HOPES DOWN, SANS! FRISK IS YOUR FRIEND, WHICH MEANS SHE CARES ABOUT YOU A LOT!”

I’ll cut to the chase-I figured out what was off.

I looked away from Papyrus. “I’d prefer to be honest with myself. Rather not get hurt later.”

“IF HONESTY IS SO VALUED TO YOU, THEN WHY DON’T YOU BE HONEST WITH FRISK?”

The question caught me off guard. I whirled back around to Papyrus, panicking. “W-what? I… I… I don’t want to ruin everything! It would just make everything weird!”

Papyrus squinted at me. “FINE, BROTHER. I DON’T WANT TO FORCE YOU INTO SOMETHING YOU DON’T WANT TO DO. BUT I THINK YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.”

A light blue dusted my cheeks. I sighed. “I’m going to my room.”

I teleported away, flopping onto my mattress. Closing my eyes, I thought about what Papyrus had said. Tell her? That was out of the question.

If I told the kiddo about what’s going on, she’d think I was weird… maybe creepy… and I’d ruin everything that had happened between us.

Losing myself in my thoughts, I don’t know how long I stared at the ceiling.

I probably would’ve stayed there all night if I hadn’t heard the crash of our front door being broken down, and then a lot of shouting.

Instincts setting in, I teleported downstairs, ready to fight. The second I arrived, I saw Papyrus being held by the scarf by two police officers. Rage flared up all over me, and without thinking, I used my magic to blast them both onto the ceiling. “LEAVE HIM ALONE!” I yelled.

Then, I ran over to Papyrus. “Are you okay?” I asked, grabbing his hand.

“B-BROTHER-THEY WERE…” Papyrus looked behind him, at a woman with a strange news camera.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!?” I let the policemen drop back to the floor, and bones began hovering behind me, ready to strike. “You’ve all got three seconds to get out the door, or I’ll make you.” They all froze, fear over their faces. “One. Two!” I launched the bones at two, not wanting to wait for a second longer for these jerks to get out of my house. They had hurt Papyrus. For that, they’d pay.

The three scrambled out of the house and onto the road, hopping into a police car parked outside. I was triumphant for a moment… and then I saw someone in the back seat.

“FRISK!” I yelled, dashing out onto the street just as the car sped away. “KID!” I continued running, long after the car was out of my line of sight. I fell to the ground, murmuring nonsense to myself about how I’d let them take her, how I’d ruined everything, how I’d failed.

And then, to make matters worse, three more police cars with sirens blaring came down the street in front of me.

I braced myself for the worst.

“NNNNNGGGGAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!” I heard. Air rushed towards me. Undyne?

I opened my eyes. “OH SHOOT, SANS!” Undyne was flying through the air, spear ready, aimed at me. I quickly rolled out of the way, Undyne’s spear vanishing as she landed.

She was wearing her officer's uniform, so I assumed she must have been on duty. “Sorry about that!” She said to me. “We heard a report of a monster chasing down a police vehicle around here, and we were nearby.” Undyne took a look at my face. “Uh… are you okay?”

I sighed. “Yeah, I’m good. See ya around.” I teleported back to the house, whereupon Papyrus instantly leaped on me.

“SANS, I WAS SO WORRIED! I DIDN’T KNOW IF I SHOULD HAVE GONE AFTER YOU, I KNEW YOU WOULD BE FINE, BUT I WAS STILL WORRIED!”

“Oof, okay, Paps. I’m fine.” I pulled away. “What were those officers even doing?”

“THEY SAID THEY WERE LOOKING FOR A KIDNAPPER THAT HAD ESCAPED! THEY SIMPLY DIDN’T KNOW IF I HAD INFORMATION OR NOT, AND THEY WERE IN A RUSH.”

Oh no.

I attacked two police officers without a good reason. And there was that camera.

“Wait!” Something hit me. “What about Frisk?”

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN?” Papyrus gave me a confused look.

“Frisk was in the back of their car! Didn’t you see her?”

“NO… EVEN IF SHE WAS, I’M SURE THEY HAD A GOOD REASON FOR IT.”

“She looked scared, Pap!”

“I-”

Papyrus was cut off by Undyne arriving, panting, at the doorstep. “What’s going on?” She asked.

Papyrus explained the whole story to Undyne, and I added in a few details whenever he missed something. Undyne slowly looked more and more confused throughout the entire thing.

“Did either of the officers tell you their names?” Undyne asked Papyrus.

“YES, ACTUALLY! ONE OF THEM SAID HIS NAME WAS OFFICER GRIFFITH!”

Undyne pulled out her walkie-talkie. “What was his badge number?”

Papyrus paused for a moment, thinking. “IT WAS 2690!”

“Nice. You got a good memory,” Undyne replied, then turned around, pressing a button on the walkie-talkie. “Uh, hey, Undyne here. Can anyone pull up officer records? I’m looking for an ‘Officer Griffith,’ badge number two-six-nine-oh.”

A staticky voice came through after a few moments. “I gotcha. Uh, let’s see here… there’s no existing file for someone like that. You sure you have the number right?”

Undyne turned to Papyrus. “You’re positive that was it?”

Papyrus nodded.

“Yeah, thanks. You’ve been a big help,” Undyne said to the person on the other end.

She then turned back to us. “Sans. Why were you chasing that police vehicle?”

“Frisk was in it… she looked unhappy.” I muttered, heat creeping into my cheeks.

Undyne smirked. “Oh, okay…” The smirk quickly faded. “Come with me!” Undyne grabbed Papyrus and I and dragged us out of the house.

Yay! Another chapter released!
Coming next: More problems with D.R.A.K.E, possibly a few squabbles among friends, and, maybe, the man behind it all himself-Drake Chricton! (Yeah, remember him? He was mentioned like once in chapter 2.) 
CatKeeper out~

See more stories by CatKeeper
I haven't been reading this

I haven't been reading this because I know literally nothing about undertale, but i wanted to pop in and say thanks for posting regularly and keep up the good work!

"They say before you start a war/ you better know what you're fighting for" ~ Angel with a Shotgun; The Cab

Posted by Unclever Re on Mon, 09/10/2018 - 13:42
Thank you! As I'm typing

Thank you! As I'm typing this I've been working on the next chapter... coincidences lol

"Mew, purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" -My cat, Luna

Posted by CatKeeper on Tue, 09/11/2018 - 17:06