/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ BACK IN TIME chapter 7. | KidPub Press //
BACK IN TIME chapter 7.

BACK IN TIME chapter 7.

Posted October 22nd, 2021 by Maggs101

by Jordi
in Earth

My eyes widen in horror. 

"What are you talking about?" I ask in a monotone voice.

"O-oh, Honey, I think it's best if we talk about this when you're better." She replied, whiping a tear with her sleeve. 

"No, I need to know." I reply in a shaking voice. "She's pretty much, the reason why all this stuff happened."

Mom, exhaled loudly, "You're right, I just...."

"Just what...?" I say raising an eyebrow.

"I just don't know how to say this...I just wished I had better news." She said running a hand through her hair. 

"It's okay... I can take it," I whisper, having tears feel my eyes.

"Well, if i remember correctly, you and her always text before bed." She says cupping her chin, thoughtfully. "Am i right?"

I simply nod.

"It so happens that you were the last person to hear from her,"

"She hasn't texted her parents!?" I ask flabbergast, my mom and both knew that wasn't like Lilith. 

She nods "No calls, No texts, No anything." 

I let out a breath, I realized i've been holding, and pursed my lips. "Please, hand me my phone from my backpack." 

My Mom nodded, while unzipping my backpack, and handed me my phone.

I inhaled and exhaled, trying to muster the courage to text Lilith, already foreboting the outcome.

Finally, I manage to text,     Hey, are you ok? bc every1 is worried abt U.

I know, pretty pathetic, that  that's what I was able to come up with, knowing my best friend could actually be in serious danger. 

I layed on my hospital bed for longing to see the speach bubbled moving, but nothing. 

I sigh, even know it was what I expected. 

"Have you told the police?" I ask breaking the silence.

I guess, I had been pretty quiet for awhile, beacuse i seemed to starle her with my unsudden words. 

She cleared her throat and rubbed her temples, "They said it's too early to call it a runaway or abductee."

I looked at the window, hoping to see Lilith driving passed, but still nothing. 

Abrutly, my mom stood up, and stretched her both of her legs, and looked at her watch.

" i'm going to go get some coffee, Would you like anything?" She says yawning. 

I shake my head, and contuinue to peer out the window. 

"Alrighty, then." she replied, making her way slowly towards the door. 

"Do You really think Lilith, could've possibly ran away?" I blurt out, averting my eyes away from the window, to gaze at mom. 

She stopped in her tracks, clearly stunned by my question. 

"I- I honestly don't know, it's seems to me, to be out of character for her." She says putting her hand on the doorknob. 

"I just wish I had all the answers." I say, holding back my tears. 

"Me too honey." Mom reponds, coming to kiss my fore head before finallly leaving. 

I lay, silently on the umconfortable hospital bed. 

The silence was almost deafening.

Seconds, became minutes, Minutes became hours, and when I thought I couldn't take the silence any longer, my phone dinged. 

I Inhaled sharply, and picked up my phone with shaking hands. It was a number i didn't reconize. 

I have all the answers 

I let out a yelp, and dropped my phone on the marble floor, shattering it into tiny, tiny pieces, almost microscopic. 

See more stories by Jordi
Again, very nice story There

Again, very nice story

There are just a tiny but of grammer/ponctuation errors

I think it's best, if we talk about this when you're better. there should no comma between best and if.

relized should be realized

Foreboting should not be capitalized

They said it's too early, to call it a runaway. there shouldn't be a comma again.

and there are probably other commas that I didn't catch. I saw this in the other chapters as well. just double check them.

other than that, great story! I love the suspence and how you keep having cliffhangers. They add suspence to your story. 

____________________________________________________________________________

It's not just a matter of trusting yourself but testing your abilities - Joseph Sugarman

Posted by Ryoko on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 14:38
Oh okay thank you so much!!

Oh okay thank you so much!! I wrote that at like 10 at night, and I was so tired, so I haven't had a chance to correct my mistakes. 

--------------------------------- Forever & Always, Jordi

Posted by Jordi on Sun, 10/24/2021 - 19:54
that is all

that is all right!

_____________________________________________________________________ 

Posted by Ryoko on Mon, 10/25/2021 - 20:27