/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Bank (Chapter 1, Morning) | KidPub Press //
The Bank (Chapter 1, Morning)

The Bank (Chapter 1, Morning)

Posted April 15th, 2007 by AlecO

by Alec

The cars tires hummed as they glided across the freshly paved Hyperion Street. I ignored the hypnotic sound, instead choosing to focus on the thumping beat of the bass coming from the speakers. I was listening to my favorite band, Green day, and their hit song, American Idiot. I was on my way to the office, a small, 6 story building in Lafayette. This morning was like any other morning, wake up, reluctantly roll out of bed, trudge into the kitchen, pour a bowl of cereal, spilling a few flakes on the already grimy counter. Then I would walk back into my small bedroom, take my navy blue blazer out of the closet, and pull it over my head, the soft material lightly touching my cheek. I would grab my laptop, a handy tool for any journalist, and I would then ruffle through all the clutter on my desk, snatch a few important documents, jam them under my arm, and jog out the door, facing the brisk Michigan breeze. At that time I worked for the Detroit Free Press, or as we called at the office, the Freep. The song came to a close, and I turned onto the road which the office sat. I pulled into the pot hole ridden driveway, and looked for a spot to park my car, a 2004 GTO. I backed into a spot at the far end of the lot, not wanting the car to be dented by a door to the side, or scratched by a key across the door. I opened the door, and walked slowly to the office. I pushed my shoulder into the revolving door, and stepped into the lobby. The secretary, Mia, smiled at me as I headed for the elevator. My office was on the third floor. The day would be filled with typing, emails, a few chats at the water cooler, a lunch break, then more typing, then submitting an article, then going home. I didn't know it at the time, but even though I felt no difference in this day, it would be a day to remember.

See more stories by Alec
You know --- your EXCELLeNT

You know --- your EXCELLeNT at describing.....unfortunately...that is the worst I am at... I can IMAGINe what your writing...it's that GOod.

Posted by Susmi on Sun, 04/15/2007 - 10:54
this is VeRy good! I want 2

this is VeRy good! I want 2 know what happens next

Posted by Ellen on Sun, 04/15/2007 - 11:09
me 2. I want to know what

me 2. I want to know what happens next. Good beginnig so far

Posted by Malika on Sun, 04/15/2007 - 11:35
I like this. And I have a

I like this.
And I have a little something i noticed. THIS IS NOT A BAD THING, but I realized u seem 2 write about adults and older kids. And u do a good job at it. I don't no if i could do that. So, basically i'm saying that's neat.

Posted by Tasha on Sun, 04/22/2007 - 12:50
THis is so descriptive and

THis is so descriptive and good. It is soooooooooooooooo great. From the name i didnt know it would be this good.

Posted by Lena on Sat, 04/28/2007 - 16:17