/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Bank (Chapter 2, Lunch) | KidPub Press //
The Bank (Chapter 2, Lunch)

The Bank (Chapter 2, Lunch)

Posted April 15th, 2007 by AlecO

by Alec

I was typing busily at my desk when my fellow journalist, Adam, walked into my cluttered cubical.
"Hey bud," Adam said in a boisterous voice, "We're all going to Applebee's for lunch, you wanna come?"
"You know me, I never turn down an offer for lunch!" I said, graciously accepting the offer.
"Cool, grab your jacket and lets get out out of here." He said, motioning for me to come.
I had hung my blazer sloppily on the small coat rack in just outside the cubical. I grabbed it, and followed Adam to the elevator.

Me, Adam, Mia, and John, an editor, sat in a booth at Applebee's, which was only a few blocks from the office. I sat with a tall glass of Coke in my hand, small drops of cold water dripping from the rim of the glass. We chattered incesently, adding to the din of conversation around the resturant. I laughed at some joke John had cracked as our waitress, a young teenage girl, came to the table.
"So are you guys ready to order?" She asked in the highest of voices.
John looked around the table, making sure everyone was ready. We all nodded yes. John was the first to speak.
"Yeah, I'll take the BLT, with the French onion soup."
The waitress nodded, scribbling on a pad she had with her.
Mia spoke next.
"Well, I'll take the BLT as well, but instead of French onion, I'll take the tomato soup."
Adam was next in the sequence.
"How about the Bacon chedder cheese burger, with an order of fries."
I ordered last.
"Umm, how about, the Bruchetta burger, fries as well."
The waitress scribbled one last time, smiled and headed back to the kitchen. We continued to chat, ate, then all of us scattered, heading to our vehicles. I opened the door, sat down, inserted the key, and smiled as the engine roared to life. I began to drive down the cracked road. I stopped at a red light, directly next to the National city bank. It was a massive building, not tall, but long, for it seemed like it could go on forever. There was a Sunoco gas station next door to the bank, and in the parking lot, a black automobile, perhaps a Lincoln, sat, the window nearest me rolled down. A pair of binoculars pertruded slightly from the depths of the car. They were pointed directly at the bank. Then the binoculars swiveled away from the bank, and directly towards me. I ducked down a bit and gunned the engine as the light turned green. And as I drove back to the office, I couldn't help but wonder an obvious question, what was that autombile doing? Survelliance? Security? Spying? All these words popped into my head. I tried to push it to the back of my mind as I sat down in of my computer screen, returning to the status quo.

See more stories by Alec
This is very good! It makes

This is very good! It makes u want to know wat happens next!

Posted by Ellen on Sun, 04/15/2007 - 18:16
Uh-huh!!!! All ur stories

Uh-huh!!!! All ur stories are full of descriptions! i can tell u you'll be a GREAT story writer when you grow up. You know I suggest you write a real loooo....nngg book and then you publish it... I'm serious. You should try it (think of Christoper Pauloni)~~~

Posted by Susmi on Wed, 04/18/2007 - 09:02
Very, very good. But may I

Very, very good. But may I suggest something?Unless it's real important in the end, I think u're making 2 big of a deal of the restaurant orders.

Posted by Tasha on Sun, 04/22/2007 - 12:54