/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Bank (Chapter 3, Afternoon) | KidPub Press //
The Bank (Chapter 3, Afternoon)

The Bank (Chapter 3, Afternoon)

Posted April 16th, 2007 by AlecO

by Alec

I pressed enter one last time, printed the article I had just finished, and stood up from my comfortable leather chair. It was time to submit my daily article to David Zeman, the main editor. I jammed the two pages of writing under my arm, a coffee cup in the other hand. David's office was on the 6th floor, so I would have to use the elevator. I walked carefully to the elevator, not wanting to spill my coffee. I stepped inside the tall rectangular box, and pressed the button for the top floor. The elevator hummed quietly as it ascended to the top of the building. The elevator dinged and the doors hissed open. I strided out and towards the back of the large floor. David worked in a lavish office at the back of the room. When I reached the office, I knocked on a massive, polished, oak door. David, an older man, proabably in his mid-40's, with dark, slightly graying hair, answered the door.
"What can I do ya' for?" He said gruffly, with a light southern drawl.
"Hello, Mr.Z-z-Zeman," I stuttered, "I've finished my article for today." I finished, holding the pages out to him.
"Good, I'll get back to ya' on that." He said, snatching the article out of my hands and slamming the door in my face, all in one swift motion.
I sighed and rode the elevator back downstairs. By now, I had completely forgotten the car outside the bank. Until I stepped out side the entrance for some fresh air. The black automobile came rushing past, a worried man at the wheel. Behind him, 3 Detroit police cars, sirens blaring and lights flashing. I gasped at the sight. Could he have robbed the bank? Killed somebody!? I was worried out of my mind. I rationalized I had nothing to do with it, and walked backed inside, trying to get the images out of my head....

See more stories by Alec
I lyk the way u say "Chapter

I lyk the way u say "Chapter 2, Lunch' then "Chapter 3 Afternoon") ----It all matches. Good vork

Posted by Susmi on Wed, 04/18/2007 - 09:09
i want to know wat happens

i want to know wat happens next....and same comment as Susmi

Posted by Ellen on Sat, 04/21/2007 - 09:51
This is getting better and

This is getting better and better.

Posted by Tasha on Sun, 04/22/2007 - 12:56
well i've liked it so far,

well i've liked it so far, so good work! but just one thing. isn't david, the editor, like an authority figure? i mean, at 1st you gave us the impression that he should be. but then he spoke in a texan (sorry for any Texans here) accent. that didn't really go with the 1st impression.

Posted by Maryam on Thu, 05/24/2007 - 12:04