/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Bank (Chapter 6, Hysteria) | KidPub Press //
The Bank (Chapter 6, Hysteria)

The Bank (Chapter 6, Hysteria)

Posted April 24th, 2007 by AlecO

by Alec

I picked myself off the floor, my chest still pulsating quickly. I plucked my cellphone from my pocket, for the actual land line had been smashed. I dialed 911, my fingers trembling slightly. A perky operator, even if that was cliche'd for a 911 operator; answered the phone.
"911, whats your emergency?" She said, her voice sounding like a schoolgirl's.
"Y-y-yes, this is M-m-Mark Williams, and s-s-someone has broken into my home." I stuttered stupidly.
"Is he still in the building sir?" She replied.
"No, but they wrecked everything! It's all smashed." I said frantically.
"Okay sir, I'll send a unit." She said.
"Than--" But I was cut off, she had hung up.
I shoved my cellphone into the back pocket of my khakis. I walked over to the window, sticking my head out. I could see the black and white police car rolling slowly up the block. I ran across the floor, the debris crunching under my feet. My feet thunked noisly against the stairs as I jogged to the door of the apartment. I met the policemen at the door, for just as my hand touched the doorknob, I heard it click as a policeman unlocked it with a skeloton key. I backed away slightly from the door as an overwheight policeman waddled in.
"Finally," I sighed, "You're here."
"Yeah, lets go see this room of your's."
I led the policeman up the stairs. I could hear him panting when we reached the top.
"Right over here." I said, jesturing a hand towards my apartment.
I pushed open the door, and heard the policeman gasp quietly.
"Well, I guess you'll just have to fill out a police report." He said, handing me a clipboard, followed by a pen from his shirt pocket.
With this I exploded.
"WHAT?! THATS IT? You're just gonna hand me a clipboard, and be on your way? THIS GUY COULD HAVE KILLED ME! He was looking for me! Let me ask you, what if he comes back, what if I'm in the house? What if he has a gun?" I asked, crossing my arms and glaring at the officer.
"Put it in the report." He said, waving his hand and walking out the door.
I grunted angirly and began to fill out the report.

Luckily, insurance paid for all the damages, so by the end of the week, my apartment was up and running again. I had also bought locks, security alarms and had put in a request for police protection. Now, if I was in bed, and I heard the slightest noise, I jumped from bed, flicked on the lights, and scanned the apartment, a baseball bat in my hands.
I was beginning to become hysterical....

See more stories by Alec
this is getting really

this is getting really exciting. Fantastic!

Posted by Ellen on Tue, 04/24/2007 - 09:02
I like the stuff bout 911

I like the stuff bout 911 being real ignorant and so-what-if-he-comes-and-murders-you-in-your-bed-just-put-that-in-the-report-and-if-he-kills-you-than-we'll-look-into-it-I-have-to-go-now-so-bey-and-good-luck.*grin*

Posted by Tasha on Tue, 04/24/2007 - 21:46
it must have been tough, to

it must have been tough, to write the chappie's name cuz you cant just change it like that. But it IS getting more better and EXciting! Keep at it.!

Posted by Susmi on Wed, 05/23/2007 - 06:44