/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Bank (Chapter 8, The Attack) | KidPub Press //
The Bank (Chapter 8, The Attack)

The Bank (Chapter 8, The Attack)

Posted April 26th, 2007 by AlecO

by Alec

My chest rose steadily up and down, a bead of fearful sweat dripping down my forehead. The footsteps were closer now, louder. Then, the door knob began to turn widly, for the man was unable to penetrate the lock. There were more footsteps, like the sounds of someone backing up, then fast, tapping footsteps, like someone running.
And the door collapsed from its hinges.
The man drew himself to full height, and I noticed he was masked. The masked assailant glared deeply into my horrified features. The man charged suddenly, and I barely had time to react. At the last possible second I spun from the wall, and the man turned to face me. He started stepping toward me, backing us into the kitchen. He charged yet again, and in one swift movement I pulled a steak knife from a drawer, and twisted my body away from the man. His head collided hard with the wall, and when he backed away, small chunks of plaster clinged to his mask. I now had him cornered. I knew deep inside of me I would not have the courage to actually use the knife, but it was comforting to have. The plastic handle felt reassuring in my sweaty palm.
This is when the man went for his gun.
He pulled it from a holster on his waist, with the expertise of a killer. I noticed a long cylindrical tube attached to the barrel of the weapon. A silencer. If he killed me now, I would die quietly, unbeknownst to the other residents of the apartment.
He raised the gun and aimed......

See more stories by Alec
wow. this is

wow. this is fantastic...very much of a cliff-hanger.

Posted by Ellen on Thu, 04/26/2007 - 20:57
OH MY GOD! This just keeps

OH MY GOD! This just keeps getting better and better! Can u write the next ch. right now????? PLEASE!

Posted by Tasha on Thu, 04/26/2007 - 20:59
You make ppl want to read

You make ppl want to read more of the storie that you are riting. How about you try and publish this storie!!! I am SERIOUS , you should try and do that. Your good.

Posted by Susmi on Wed, 05/23/2007 - 06:47