/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Bank (Chapter 9, The Eye Of Death) | KidPub Press //
The Bank (Chapter 9, The Eye Of Death)

The Bank (Chapter 9, The Eye Of Death)

Posted April 28th, 2007 by AlecO

by Alec

I contorted my mouth into a horrid shout, expecting it to be muffled by a gunshot.
Not a click.
But a click is what I heard, the click of an empty gun. The idiot had forgotten to load his weapon. Maybe he wasn't the experienced killer I had assumed him to be. This time, it was him who looked at me with a look of terror across his sinister features. The masked menace smiled sheepishly and glanced at the door.
He made a break for it.
The man didn't make it very far though, as for my fist met with his face as he bolted from the kitchen. The man grunted in pain, and I could see a blotch of red forming under the mask. He continued onward though, his stocky frame not phased by my weak attempt at incapacitating him. Instead of retalliating against me, he continued his forward momentum, knocking me to the floor. He slid out the door, propelling himself toward the stairwell. I heard heavy footsteps as he exited the apartment, then the screech of tires as he disappered from the parking lot. I was simply frozen on the floor, too distraught, too amazed that I had looked death straight in the eye.
Little did I know, over the next few weeks, I would stare down death four more times....

See more stories by Alec
wonderful!!!!! i love it

wonderful!!!!! i love it

Posted by Ellen on Mon, 04/30/2007 - 21:37
THIS SI SCARY AND FULL OF

THIS SI SCARY AND FULL OF TALENT!!! KEEP IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Tasha on Tue, 05/01/2007 - 19:04
the click of an empty gun.

the click of an empty gun. That made me wanna shout out at you for making me so tense (thinking death was near)!!! Your awesome! Really you should publish this !

Posted by Susmi on Wed, 05/23/2007 - 06:49
Oh, and on more thing. I did

Oh, and on more thing. I did not really understand why this dude is after Mark, really, what's the point?

Posted by Susmi on Mon, 06/25/2007 - 02:17