/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ The Battle for Oblivion Prologue | KidPub Press //
The Battle for Oblivion Prologue

The Battle for Oblivion Prologue

Posted September 15th, 2013 by Ashauthor

Ashauthor's picture
by Lazy Bones
in front of my computer, surfing the internet

Come, dear reader. Come and join me in this tale of battle between three worlds which are divided by light, twilight, and shadow. The Realm of Light, the Realm of Twilight, and the Realm of Shadows, all having been at war with each other for centuries, all three sides coming to stalemate after stalemate. No matter how strong their weapons, strategies, and soldiers were, no realm could truly be defeated.

Until a new century began.

On the fiftieth day of the thousandth century, in the Realm of Shadows, fraternal twins had been born into the household of a simple commoner family. One boy and one girl, both destined to be raised to hate the light, to fight for their land, and spread their shadowy ways to every bit of the world. However, fate had other plans for the girl, who was given the name Raven. Even though her own future, along with her brother's, was planned out from her birth to her death, fate found a way to change that timeline, and those plans were utterly shattered.

The twins' homeland was bleak and dreary, and the stale air felt utterly cold. Black skies reigned whether it was day or night. The only plant life that existed were dead trees, their branches bare and frightening. The people of the Realm of Shadows were even more dull and scary. No one smiled. It was forbidden to feel any sort of positive emotion, therefore their faces were either in neutral states or in scowls. Everyone had snow-colored skin, inky black hair, and black and white clothing. Their eyes were gray, and soulless, as if the world was dead, and the citizens were wandering ghosts, unaware of what had happened but were filled with nothing but bitterness and scorn.

However, Raven had unique eyes. They were a combination of gray, fiery amber, and deep blue, which was a mixture of a common eye color from each realm. For that very reason, she was treated as an outcast for most of her life. No one paid her any attention and gave her withering looks of disapproval. Although she ignored the looks, a tiny part of herself ached for attention. Raven didn't know why, nor did she care. All that mattered was that she couldn't share what she felt, or it would mean certain humiliation.

Her brother, Zachary, was the only person who didn't treat her horribly. He acknowledged her presence as how one would treat an acquaintance, and that was enough for Raven. It satisfied the ache in her heart. For the duration her life, she wondered if all of the citizens of the realm felt the same aching in themselves as well. She wanted to ask someone, but again, it would lead to humiliation.

As Raven grew day by day, little did she know that she would be instrumental to ensure the safety of the Realm of Light and Twilight, and turn against her own people. That she would learn to crave the light, and feel emotions, and become...human.

Far away, in an unknown temple...

An object, the only thing that was whole in the decaying structure, stood exactly in the center of a hidden room. When the temple was once in use many decades ago, many adventurers and men looking for glory had to go through a labyrinth to find the powerful relic. But, no one could ever get past the dangerous booby-traps and life-threatening madness that came to those who became lost and never found the way out. That very relic was worth the pain though. It had magical abilities.

It could reveal one's inner self, grant anyone's desires, and anything else one could possibly think of.

But, it was also a dangerous weapon of major destruction... in the wrong hands.

Many battles had been fought and murders commited over the correct path to the ultimate power. Death tolls rose in each Republic for many years, until three people intervened, and soon after, everyone forgot about the temple, the labyrinth, and most importantly, the relic. Except for one woman. An oracle, to be precise.

She had been given a mission. Until an unknown date arrived, she 'd have to wait in the temple, awaiting those who carried the Propechy on their shoulders.

See more stories by Lazy Bones
Oh, this is so good!  I

Oh, this is so good!  I can't wait to read more!  Please write more really soon!                                                                                                                            Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         When 12 year old Cassie leaves the spy training center without telling anyone and without permission she embarks on a journey filled with danger, near death experiences, and imprisonment until her dream is accomplished.  Please read the Spy Life.

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 15:29
Imagination is not only a

Imagination is not only a thing of the mind, it's a thing of life ~My original quote

Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you ~Spanish Proverb

Awww! Thank you! I'm really glad you like it! 

P.S. How can you change your username?

Posted by Ashlee on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 16:23
Your username?  You mean

Your username?  You mean the one you type in to sign in?                                                                                                                                               Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         When 12 year old Cassie leaves the spy training center without telling anyone and without permission she embarks on a journey filled with danger, near death experiences, and imprisonment until her dream is accomplished.  Please read the Spy Life.

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 16:30
Imagination is not only a

Yeah! My mom signed me up and I think Ashauthor sounds kind of lame. 

Posted by Ashlee on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 16:34
I'm not sure you can change

I'm not sure you can change it.  You might want to ask someone who's been on here longer.  I haven't been on here to long.  Are you new?  Want to be friends?                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight.                                                                                                                                                                                                                            When 12 year old Cassie leaves the spy training center without telling anyone and without permission she embarks on a journey filled with danger, near death experiences, and imprisonment until her dream is accomplished.  Please read the Spy Life.

Posted by Elizabeth on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 16:42
Imagination is not only a

Yes, I'm new, and YES I wanna be friends!! 

Posted by Ashlee on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 16:44
Great!  I don't have any

Great!  I don't have any friends on here so its great to have a friend! So you read my story?                                                                                               Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        When 12 year old Cassie leaves the spy training center without telling anyone and without permission she embarks on a journey filled with danger, near death experiences, and imprisonment until her dream is accomplished.  Please read the Spy Life.

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 16:46
Imagination is not only a

Yup! I read Spy Life and I left comments on the first two chapters! I'm gonna write chapter 2 for this story now, so be right back!

Posted by Ashlee on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 16:49
So you like it?  Think i

So you like it?  Think i should continue posting it on here?                                                                                                                                                       Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight.                                                                                                                                                                                                                          When 12 year old Cassie leaves the spy training center without telling anyone and without permission she embarks on a journey filled with danger, near death experiences, and imprisonment until her dream is accomplished.  Please read the Spy Life.

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 16:52
Imagination is not only a

If you discontinue that story, I will CHOP YOUR HEAD OFF WITH MY AWESOME AUTHOR POWERS!!

(I promise that I'm kidding. I would never, ever, ever do that! Don't be scared!!)

Posted by Ashlee on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 16:55
Okay!  I'll continue

Okay!  I'll continue posting it!  Thanks!  I won't be putting it on too regularly.  I'm pretty busy, but i'll try to at least put it on once a week.  I may go back and post some of it edited.                                                                                                                                                                                                Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight.                                                                                                                                                                                                                        When 12 year old Cassie leaves the spy training center without telling anyone and without permission she embarks on a journey filled with danger, near death experiences, and imprisonment until her dream is accomplished.  Please read the Spy Life.

Posted by Elizabeth on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 17:07
Imagination is not only a

Okey doke artichoke! (I took a little break by watching Percy Jackson... Heh...)

Posted by Ashlee on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 18:53
Would you read the edited

Would you read the edited prologue for my story and tell me what you think? Thanks!
Proverbs 3:5-6
Trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall make your paths straight.
When 12 year old Cassie leaves the spy training center without telling anyone and without permission she embarks on a journey filled with danger, near death experiences, and imprisonment until her dream is accomplished. Please read the Spy Life.

Posted by Jessica on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 19:07
This is absolutely amazing.

This is absolutely amazing. The title fits in so well with the characters and the plot. the worlds are very original and creative. I like the idea that you have came up with because it's very eccentric, unique and... beautiful! <:^D So elegantly written, also. You may want to make it a bit longer, though. :)

~~~~~~~

“Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” — J. R. R. Tolkien, Fellowship of the Ring

Posted by Watson (Max) on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 22:35
Imagination is not only a

Oh my gosh.... That's the sweetest thing anyone has ever said about my writing! :'D I'm so touched! Thank you!

Posted by Ashlee on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 22:46
No problem. ^o^ And, to be

No problem. ^o^ And, to be honest, it's true. I think you have a real talent and any agent or KidPub would love to publish your book! :^D I believe that it's very fantastic and caught me in just that chapter. I know that something deep inside this story has made me want to keep on reading it until you finish it. But remember to have a length of it. ^_^

~~~~~~~

Posted by Watson (Max) on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 22:48
Imagination is not only a

As soon as I plan out what I'll add, I'll edit it right away! See you later!

Posted by Ashlee on Sun, 09/15/2013 - 22:52
Wow! This is such a gripping

Wow! This is such a gripping beginning!

"We all have flaws," he said, "And mine is being wicked." -James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks

"Life is pain. Anyone who says different is selling something." -William Goldman, The Princess Bride

Posted by Infinite Abyss ... on Fri, 10/11/2013 - 17:25
Yay! I'm glad you like

Yay! I'm glad you like it!

Read The Battle for Oblivion

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/battle-oblivion-1811140914

Calling a girl ugly WON'T make you any prettier, and calling a girl dumb WON'T make you any smarter~ Cady from Mean Girls

Posted by Skyward Writer on Fri, 10/11/2013 - 17:58
AMAZING!!!  I thought it

AMAZING!!! yes

I thought it was a great story!

Posted by Jill on Mon, 10/21/2013 - 06:10
Thank you!!   A sword has

Thank you!!

A sword has no strength, unless the hand that holds it has courage ~The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Heroine of Winds speaking. Help me rule the Land of Insanity and caramelldacen Four Sword Links by copying and pasting the onto you bio/signature

Posted by Heroine of Winds on Mon, 10/21/2013 - 14:54
OH MY GAWD, OH MY GAWD! OH.

OH MY GAWD, OH MY GAWD! OH. MY. GAWD.

please

please

i

love

this

omg

Okay, anyways, if you forget about how much I'm loving this plot right freakin' now, I have a little CC:

The twins' homeland was bleak, and dreary. Everything was cold, and colorless. 

Since it's not a list, just two adjectives, there shouldn't be a comma. Sorta like this:

The twins' homeland was bleak and dreary. (you could even continue the sentence with a comma into "everthing") Everything was cold and colorless. 

I STILL LOVE IT SO MUCH!

~*Sweet Nothings*~

Posted by ~*Sweet Nothing... on Wed, 10/23/2013 - 15:39
Thanks!! (Does facepalm) I

Thanks!! (Does facepalm) I can't believe I didn't catch that!! XD

Posted by Heroine of Winds on Wed, 10/23/2013 - 15:41
This is beautiful and well

This is beautiful and well written. I'm going to read them all! =)

"One of my talents is daydreaming. I practice during math class." ~ Me

Posted by Jasmine on Sun, 10/27/2013 - 14:46
WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!   A

WOOT WOOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Heroine of Winds on Sun, 10/27/2013 - 15:01
This book is SO GOOD! Great

This book is SO GOOD! Great job! ????

Posted by Alicia on Wed, 07/15/2015 - 15:26
Thank you very much! I'm

Thank you very much! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

The Battle For Oblivion has begun

Posted by Lazy Bones on Wed, 07/15/2015 - 20:02