/* PCD change http to https for CSRF JUL 2017 */ BECOME A SUPER HERO! The Guardians Chapter 1: Dark Light + JOIN THE TEAM! | KidPub Press //
BECOME A SUPER HERO! The Guardians Chapter 1: Dark Light + JOIN THE TEAM!

Posted July 6th, 2016 by Codename-X12

by pensword
in a secret bunker finishing the Guardians

CHAPTER 1: DARK LIGHT (JOIN THE TEAM BELOW!)

SHANE

I scanned the city skyline, my night-vision binoculars cold against my face in the chilly night breeze. Thousands of tiny light specks dotted the hundreds of towering buildings visible from my position on top of an apartment building. The rest of the city was dark except for some street lights casting an almost eerie glow on the web of streets down below. I returned my attention to the especially bright collection of lights directly below where I stood. Was he there yet?

Through the binocs I could see a crowd of excited civilians milling around in front of a small elevated platform surrounded by lights. Men wearing black and holding lethal-looking assault rifles stood stationed at the sides of the small stage. Then a long, black limo pulled up behind the platform. At once the armed guards moved toward the car and helped out a man wearing a black sports jacket and tie. Several other guards, also holding rifles, exited the limousine behind the man.

Senator Donham is going to get himself killed at one of his peace speeches, I thought as I watched him confer with some of his guards. He was known for making and enforcing laws against crime gangs in the city. And of course, to show the public he believed that the extra security he had put in place was doing his job, he didn't have much protection down in the park. And he didn't have any protection against snipers.

And that's who I was looking for. I directed my binoculars back toward the nearby buildings, scanning the windows and the roof for any signs of possible assassins. The lead had said that one of the most skilled assassins from the Black Hand, the worst of the crime gangs, would be here tonight. After a minute of searching I spotted a man in black sighting in a sniper rifle from the top of a building several hundred yards away.

I grinned as I detached a slender rifle from my bandolier of weapons. Aiming it toward a structure on the flat roof of the building behind the sniper, I fire. With a loud hiss, a thin metal cable darted out of the rifle. I stuck the stock of the rifle to the wall behind me and the tether of the cable sprang out of the back of the rilfe and stuck securely in the wall. I left the rifle suspended in the air on the now-complete grappling cable. I grabbed the wire and my specialized gloves locked automatically onto the wire. Then I leapt off the side of the apartment building.

The wind whistled through my hair as I whizzed through the air toward the distant building I had locked the grappler onto. Soon I was only fifty yards from the target, then ten, and I unlocked the gloves at the right moment to leap down through the air and punch the sniper directly in the face. I could tell he was wearing some sort of armored face mask, because he remained conscious and got up from where he had been knocked to the floor. The sniper rifle lay a few feet away. I landed on the railing off the building and jumped off it into my next attack.

The sniper deflected my punch but the next hit him in the gut. He groaned by returned a punch which I caught. Then I kicked him in the chest and he crashed to the ground once more. By the time he stood up I had unsheathed a machete. He drew a small revolver and fired at me. I rolled to avoid the shot and drew a pistol of my own. I fired at him but extended his wrist and the bullet ricocheted off it with a metallic clanging noise.

"Crap," I muttered to myself. "Full body armor." I caught a glimpse of his metal face mask underneath his black hood. He raised the pistol and squeezed off another shot but I slashed it away with my machete. I threw the bladed weapon and it caught the pistol and knocked it clean out of his hands. The knife stuck, quivering, in a nearby wooden crate, its blade through the trigger guard. Without hesitating the assassin reached for a sheath and whipped out a switchblade. I swung and he blocked it, sparks flying off the metal blades.

Suddenly he swung his free arm towards me, and I saw for an instant the glimmer of a punch dagger coming towards me out of the assassin's glove. I leapt back and swung the machete at the same time but it was knocked out of my grip by the incoming punch dagger. It clattered against the floor, out of my reach. My hands darted for the assault rifle I wore on my bandolier, but before I could grab it the assassin was on me.

He punched me in the jaw and I snarled and grabbed both of his fists. We fell to the ground, trying to wrench our hands free from the other's grip. The assassin struggled for a moment before swinging his head down and headbutting me in the face with his armored helmet. I groaned, momentarily dazed. The sniper jumped up and ran for the dark shape of the rifle resting on the ground. I jumped up and ran towards him as he held it to the railing and pointed it down at the stage.

"No!" I cried as I leapt in front of the rifle just as he pulled the trigger.

JOIN THE GUARDIANS

Have you ever thought it would be cool to have super powers? Fill out the form below to join the Guardians and fight for good with other super heroes. Save the world, that kind of stuff! Copy and paste the form in the comments and change the different fields to what you want.

Name: (remember that this super hero represents you, choose accordingly)

Real Name: (the real name of your character)

Power(s): (this can just be skills, like Hawkeye, or superhuman powers)

Looks: (what do you wear and what do you look like in the book?)

Personality: (are you kind and gentle or cold and foreboding?)

Backstory: (how did you get your super powers?)

See more stories by pensword
Name: Kid Darkness Powers:

Name: Kid Darkness

Powers: Ability to create absolute darkness, Can influnce peoples minds, Can shoot beams of darkness that explode on impact, Can fly

Looks: Wears a black cloak, no one ever sees his face

Personality: He Is against the idea of being on a team and is cold to his teamates

Backstory: His parents were killed when he was young. He was found hungry on the streets as a child, and to get money was experimented on. after he gained his powers he swore to get revenge on those who did it. During the story he uncovers new information about his parents.

Posted by Brian on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 10:21
What is the real name of the

What is the real name of the hero?

Become a super hero and join the Guardians (COMING SOON!!)

Posted by Predator-6 on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 12:17
Brandon Lorensten

Brandon Lorensten

Posted by Brian on Sat, 07/09/2016 - 02:41
ok thanks (your character

ok thanks (your character will sort of have amnesia throughout the book) and at end will find answers like in your comment

Become a super hero and join the Guardians in epic battles!

Posted by Predator-6 (Jack) on Mon, 07/11/2016 - 19:11
Sorry I'm on mobile so it

Sorry I'm on mobile so it sucks.
Name: The Fox (oh I'm bad at creating superheroes but this looks kinda fun)

Power(s): She can run super fast, jump super high, and hear super well. She carries a cool sword as a weapon.

Looks: As a civilian she has caramel hair, hazel eyes, a sprinkle of freckles, fair skin, hipster glasses. She is tall and thin. When she is a superhero her appearance is largely the same, but she has an orange mask instead of her hipster glasses, orange/black fox ears (I mean this in the way Catwoman has cat ears and Batman had bat ears), a brown skirt (like Supergirl's), an orange shirt, a white bandana around her neck, an orange cape, and long brown boots that gradually turn black at the ends. She has fingerless gloves that match her boots.

Personality: Smart, clever, and kind of a smart Alec, she usually wins battles relying more on wit and speed than on strength. She is fast and better at offense than defense. "The best defense is a good offense," she says. She likes working on a team, but likes being in charge and so sometimes challenges the leader, although she usually listens. She is very stubborn and can't be stopped when she has a plan, no matter how stupid it is. She gets along well with people. She hates being proved wrong, and will go to great lengths to show that she is right. She is kind and friendly (sometimes).

Backstory: She was sick and staying home from school one day when she drank a beverage that she assumed to be water out on the counter. Her father is a scientist so it was actually an experiment, but by the time she realized that it was too late, so she put some water in the glass to make her dad think she didn't drink it, but he did wonder if she did since suddenly his experiment was just water. Ever since then, when she heard a villain with her super hearing and realized she had powers for the first time, she has had to juggle her normal life and school and stuff with being a superhero.

Posted by FrostBittenKitten on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 10:50
I added real names to make

I added real names to make it more realistic what is yours?

Emma Palamara Please read:
Posted by adventure of a ... on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 12:57
Thank you. you'll be in a

Thank you. you'll be in a chapter soon :)

Posted by Predator-6 on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 13:04
Thanks :) Also a few changes

Thanks :)
Also a few changes to my form of it's okay
My character's real name is actually Luna Palamara (since these chars are meant to represent us and Luna is what I go by) and her hair is chest length.

Posted by FrostBittenKitten on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 16:13
Yay! Fun! Before I begin,

Yay! Fun!

Before I begin, does this character have to look/act/be the same as me? I know they represent me, but I'd love for my character to be of a different race than I am.

And does she need to have the same name as me?

I'll enter once you answer. ;)

Thanks!

Life is tough, darling, but so are you. ~Stephanie Bennett-Henry

Posted by Paroxysm{HawkEye} on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 14:28
Name: Safron Real name:

Name: Safron

Real name: Sally

powers: Can turn anything into anything! like a brick into a gun.

looks: short brown hair, with a magical hair clip that she can never loose. mid-hight. She weares a super red outfit with gloves and a small skirt. (If she looses her hair clip, aweful things happen to her.)

personality: nice. She will defend herself and her friends at any cost. She can be timid. She hates to hurt or kill others, but if she gets mad enough, she can really fight back.

backstory; She found her powers when a theft came into her home. She saw a pencil on the floor, and it suddenly turned into a gun. She saved her family and herself.

Then she promised to always keep anyone safe.That's when she saw the new hair clip in her hair, it was her secret to a safe life.

Posted by waverunner on Thu, 07/07/2016 - 16:16
you can do whatever you want

you can do whatever you want :)

Posted by Predator-6 on Thu, 07/07/2016 - 08:21
Coolio! Okay, here she

Coolio! Okay, here she is.

Name: Thespian

Real Name: Ano'i Kealoha (ah-NOE-ee  kee-LOH-hah)

Powers: Ano'i is incredibly strong, agile, and flexible. She can perform incredible acrobatic stunts and lift amazing amounts of weight. However, she is not extremely muscle-bound. Her powers are not obvious until she uses them. That's where she gets her name- "thespian", a synonym for "actor". She wears ordinary clothes during fights and looks completely normal, blending in with the crowd, until she is needed. Then she can knock out enemies with her bare fists, throw cars, and lift rubble to free civilians. She cannot fly and doesn't use weapons other than random stuff she finds in the middle of a fight. Pretty much, she is undetectable as a threat by the enemy and very hard to match in fighting skill. However, she doesn't have superspeed or anything like that and she can get exhausted. Sometimes she can't escape the panicking crowds quickly enough to prevent damage, but she's learned how to gauge when she should drop her cover. Basically, she uses her completely ordinary appearance to mask her presence until she make a move.

Looks: Ano'i has long, curly dark brown hair that she wears in some sort of ordinary hairstyle, like braids or ponytails. Her skin is tanned and freckled and her eyes are a dark amber color. Both of her parents are native Hawai'ins, so she has had to put up with a lot of racial slurs and stereotypes outside of the islands. She usually wears t-shirts and denim capris or other comfortable clothes. As I mentioned before, she doesn't have a costume for fights.

Personality: Ano'i is very bubbly, cheerful, and optimistic. She always seems to have something funny to say and can always lighten the mood. There are only two things that really make her upset: 1) people making fun of her for her ethnicity and 2) bullies. When confronted with these two things, she loses her playful attitude and becomes threatening. She could beat anyone in a fight, but you don't realize that until she is staring you down. She loves her team and is very attached to them, so, after time, she begins to act threatening to defend them as well.

Backstory: No one is quite sure how Ano'i ended up with superhuman strength and agility, especially since it is so hidden. No bulging muscles. She's not any bigger than anyone else her age. Some islanders think she's actually a demigod. It's possible that she ate something as a child that she shouldn't have. No one really knows.

There she is! Thanks for this opportunity. ;)

Posted by Paroxysm{HawkEye} on Thu, 07/07/2016 - 15:10
Oh how cool! Mind if I tag

Oh how cool! Mind if I tag along???

Name: Fabric 

Real Name: Rick Sorte (pronounced SOR-TAY) 

Power(s): Like actual cloth, Rick can bend reality and time to exploit an enemy's true fear. He uses this to defeat bad guys sometimes without even touching them, though his power has a backfire as people out there can also overcome their fear. Most effective on weak minds! 

Also, he travels by floating (constantly wearing a silky robe that can hide his face).

Looks: Not wearing his cape/robe, Rick is quite handsome. His wavy blonde hair gets pulled back into a man-bun, yet his eyes are pure white with no other color.

Personality: Rick seems to have a separate personality as a crime-fighter in his robe, being distant and quiet. Normally, however, he is cunning and very smart about human emotion/what it is like to be fearful.

Backstory: Rick discovered he could manipulate reality and time when he saved a college crush of his from thieves. How he initially obtained his powers is strange, deriving from his parentage and ancestry...he could potentially be related to aliens. :P

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 18:47
Oops I'm sorry I didn't

Oops I'm sorry I didn't realize how similar my character was to the others! I didn't try to copy, but I don't know if I should redo or keep my hero....Is this okay? 

Posted by AuthorMind(Justin) on Wed, 07/06/2016 - 18:50
yep totally fine :) Become a

yep totally fine :)

Hey this is really cool!

Hey this is really cool!

Posted by Sally on Thu, 07/07/2016 - 15:55
Can i still make a

Can i still make a character?

-------------

Join the fight for the Throne in The Dagger's Wrath! http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-chapter/daggers-wrath-part-one-prolog...

Posted by Max of Prythian on Tue, 08/23/2016 - 00:39
I would like to ask the same

I would like to ask the same question Max did

~Dove

Perpetuo vestige relinquamus agnoscimur - We are forever known by the tracks we leave  ~Dakota Proverb

Posted by Dove on Sun, 08/28/2016 - 18:29